Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

If this would indeed be all there is, than I suppose the Lumineth would be the only Army with only 2 "generic" Hero Models (Stonemage and Mountain Spirit)? - I refuse to give up hope for unnamed Heroes. Some sort of High-Mage, A mounted Lord on Antelope, an Infantry Commander, just .... *looses sanity and dies* .... 😅

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Sooo, do you guys have a feeling that this is it? I mean, we seen the whole line?

I don't think we've seen the whole line.

I'm not convinced there's a whole lot we haven't seen though, unfortunately.

At this point I'm just hoping for some dual build kits for River or whatever and maybe another generic hero.

As it stands, I'm keeping my toe dipping approach to the army. I'll definitely get some battleline and stuff, I just don't want to all in on building an army with models I don't like, or even if I did models that will probably get cooler alts down the line.

It kinda feels like building a whole army of Lumineth on release would be like jumping into the Stormcast Warrior chamber with both feet when they released.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Sooo, do you guys have a feeling that this is it? I mean, we seen the whole line?

It would be incredible if this is all we get. 

From what we have seen thus far, we have 9 kits, and 10 total warscrolls. That would Make lumineth the third smallest faction in terms of total kits, and THE smallest faction in terms of Warscrolls.

(assuming GW thought Lumineth would release in April, before the virus) It's unbelievable to think that even GW would stretch out a preview for age of sigmars smallest faction for an unprecedented 4 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thaliontil said:

Also, in this image of Teclis, the guy with the helmet just under him has a...dragon? serpent? On it. Does it correspond with any unit that we have seen before?

Well, there's the old "Dragon Princes" models.  Perhaps some of the older sculpts that were deleted are making a come-back.

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 2

I don't think we are getting much beyond possible dual kits...I mean I like mountain so I don't really mind, will be exciting every time we get a new geomantic faction as long as it doesn't take like five years each, if anything I think we will get something new when malerion launches 

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Here is hoping that that Dragon Helmet will indeed feature on a new mini! It looks great. Give me somekind of unit with that kind of helmet and the Lumineth release is even more of a succes.

Same here buddy, but to play the cynic, it does look very close to the helmet on the vanari dawnrider's leader model. But the lack of the tri-plumes in the art could mean it is a new model....

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Here is hoping that that Dragon Helmet will indeed feature on a new mini! It looks great. Give me somekind of unit with that kind of helmet and the Lumineth release is even more of a succes.

More helmets like that and perhaps an alternative version of the Beefer of Secrets (waterfall shoulders and a Dragon head?) would actually make me buy into the faction big time.

• Haha 1

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was trying to think of the best way to representing the color vibrancy of the faction. I was thinking some kaleidoscopic effect, where light is refracted over their armor.

But this would be difficult to achieve on a mini.

Do you guys think mother of pearl would look cool on these guys? It's the closest I could find to this effect.

6 minutes ago, SanguinaryAxiom said:

I was trying to think of the best way to representing the color vibrancy of the faction. I was thinking some kaleidoscopic effect, where light is refracted over their armor.

Do you guys think mother of pearl would look cool on these guys? It's the closest I could find to this effect.

IMG-20190311-WA0006.jpeg.bb7a1a8a98a7dcde65830e4a63280460.jpeg 

Chamaleon Paints example.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

More helmets like that and perhaps an alternative version of the Beefer of Secrets (waterfall shoulders and a Dragon head?) would actually make me buy into the faction big time.

I am warming(ish) to the new faction too. Although still tepid at the moment. Still cant reconcile the cow stuff, but it has me thinking of Monkey Magic. If I could stick a hero on a cloud, I'd be sold.

Pigzee! Sandee! Ututuh!

Edited by Mcthew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SanguinaryAxiom said:

I had the same thought. Chameleon paints require an air brush last time I looked it up, but I found these things thanks to re-rolling 1's gaming channel.

https://turbodork.com/collections/turboshift-paints

I really wish I had these for my eels, just to make them look unique compared to other eels. Still like the way my idoneth turned out, but I think these would have been good too. I am thinking on using these on my Lumineth's weapons just to add some variety or coolness. Heck, I could see the Light of Eltharion in these colors...

Also, I like how the artwork makes the cow heads look a lot less silly. For some reason, the art makes the hammerers look really bloody awesome

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I had the same thought. Chameleon paints require an air brush last time I looked it up, but I found these things thanks to re-rolling 1's gaming channel.

I really wish I had these for my eels, just to make them look unique compared to other eels. Still like the way my idoneth turned out, but I think these would have been good too. I am thinking on using these on my Lumineth's weapons just to add some variety or coolness. Heck, I could see the Light of Eltharion in these colors...

Also, I like how the artwork makes the cow heads look a lot less silly. For some reason, the art makes the hammerers look really bloody awesome

Yeah, these could work.

I believe a "mother of pearl" effect is the closest we can get to a prismatic/refracted  light effect.

Unless we sprinkle the minis with sparkle dust 🤣

24 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

No need for airbrush, they work just fine with the brush.

Just looking at the artwork of the veiled lady again and I think het chalice contains dull eatherquartz. She also looks really sad. Could it be she is releasing build up emotions from the realmstone? She could be a very compelling and tragic hero.  

also that might mean she is not air or river subculture. 

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Just looking at the artwork of the veiled lady again and I think het chalice contains dull eatherquartz. She also looks really sad. Could it be she is releasing build up emotions from the realmstone? She could be a very compelling and tragic hero. 

Great catch, that sounds like an awesome idea, I do hope that is true

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

So, given that reference to Lileath was made in the article on the Lumineth "Heroic Form" and that the veiled lady is a named character, Scinari Cathallar, is it possible that she is the daughter of Lileath and Araloth, taking on her mother's mantle as Lady of the Lake.

Edited by Aelfric
  • LOVE IT! 1

First of all, I love the art. They should have featured things like that instead of silly game show vids.

But, I have to say Tzeentch found his master in whoever planned this reveal campaign. 😈 

This time we finally get the picture of the hero they first showed us a month ago, in blurred view two weeks ago, and here they finally show us everything and even give us the full name - and we still know almost nothing (although @elfhead had a really good idea there, that could very well be it, and would be awesome). Still, we have no idea if we see any other elements, or a flying unit. Could very well be from some of the wording in the previews and this article, but not even the slightest real hint. All the art is focused mostly on mountains (although one could argue wind and zenith is also featured in a lot of those they are just not as obvious). 

I think the helmet  is likely an alternative for the cavalry leader. They have a Phoenix standard after all. Seems not elaborate enough for a hero.