Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 minutes ago, Damosane said:

It would be amazing if it meant you could build the other brother on a smaller base and have Tyrion mounted and Teclis on foot or vise versa, I don't want them to both be on huge monsters because it means fielding them together becomes very unlikely 

I agree that would be very cool to have mounted/unmounted versions of both but I think it’s very unlikely.

We’ve never seen that level of granularity of choices/options in AoS.

• Like 1

I’ve you watched the Preview stream on Twitch yesterday, Eddie says that this is half of what they would have revealed at Adepticon.  Combine that with the fact that the last episode of Stormcast is the last episode they can release because the rest are embargoed.  Essentially meaning the Realm-Lords were supposed to be slated to come out at the latest two weeks from now.  I think it’s safe to assume they have a lot more to show - not just Lumineth.  

• Like 1

if this is half, then my wallet better buckle up! I can't wait to see more, and I really hope we see it soon!

I want to see more rules too, just so I could start figuring out how to work with them. I can already envision using the x2 activation to just bully a unit into the ground, or to strike at two seperate targets. I think this is an even better buff than the idoneth high tide, as you don't need to wait for it, but can spread it through the game.

@Jackstreicher I think that the engrin-rigger in Kharadons give me some hope we will see captains and heroes on mounts, as they have both a foot and 'mounted' version in production, and both can be used.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Gw Article says:

"The Lumineth Realm-lords are already shaping up to be an incredible army, but so far we’ve only dipped our toe into the new range of models. Let’s shine a light on a bit more…"

And Bull and Hammer bros were show. The sentence implies there are more to come.

4 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I agree that would be very cool to have mounted/unmounted versions of both but I think it’s very unlikely.

We’ve never seen that level of granularity of choices/options in AoS.

Magmadroth includes both mounted and unmounted options, although you have to buy more than one to get both configurations of each hero.

Edited by Warboss Gorbolg

The art is great, but I guess we only will see pictures we have already seen at least partly, like some of the Lowdown pictures they have used. For example the one where we first got a glimpse of the hammer unit. The one I really would like to see in full is the one they used in the first reveal video, because I'm trying to judge since months if this shadow in the background is a flying monster, or just a tree. I just remembered it again because of the flying creature we saw in the ruler (picture attached below), but still can't decide on it. The others next to it are even more iffy. 

Until the last two reveals I was almost 100% sure we see Tyrion with this release. Now, I kind of doubt it. I'm as big as a Teclis fanboy as you can get, but even I'm aware there are one or two Tyrion fans out there. And if you look at the starter box, it has Teclis exclusively plastered all over it. I doubt GW doesn't know that Tyrion is at least as popular as Teclis among former HE fans. So it would be weird if they don't use him for marketing at all. They would have to pivot a lot in the next few weeks, and maybe even have another differently styled starter box (same miniature content, but maybe a red-styled box for Tyrion, in addition to Teclis blue box) on-hand. Of course they could have a vid on hand where Tyrion sweeps in on a fiery dragon creature and takes over for the rest of reveals, but it seems too late for that. 

I do think though we get at least one more big piece like a war machine, a big flying monster, a cavalry hero something similar. 

Screenshot 2020-04-06 10.03.18.png

32 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

The art is great, but I guess we only will see pictures we have already seen at least partly, like some of the Lowdown pictures they have used. For example the one where we first got a glimpse of the hammer unit. The one I really would like to see in full is the one they used in the first reveal video, because I'm trying to judge since months if this shadow in the background is a flying monster, or just a tree. I just remembered it again because of the flying creature we saw in the ruler (picture attached below), but still can't decide on it. The others next to it are even more iffy. 

Until the last two reveals I was almost 100% sure we see Tyrion with this release. Now, I kind of doubt it. I'm as big as a Teclis fanboy as you can get, but even I'm aware there are one or two Tyrion fans out there. And if you look at the starter box, it has Teclis exclusively plastered all over it. I doubt GW doesn't know that Tyrion is at least as popular as Teclis among former HE fans. So it would be weird if they don't use him for marketing at all. They would have to pivot a lot in the next few weeks, and maybe even have another differently styled starter box (same miniature content, but maybe a red-styled box for Tyrion, in addition to Teclis blue box) on-hand. Of course they could have a vid on hand where Tyrion sweeps in on a fiery dragon creature and takes over for the rest of reveals, but it seems too late for that. 

I do think though we get at least one more big piece like a war machine, a big flying monster, a cavalry hero something similar. 

Screenshot 2020-04-06 10.03.18.png

Plot twist, the other side of the box has Tyrion on it.

Also, that looks like a banner in the background, but not one that we’ve seen yet, as far as I can tell? Could be something, could be nothing?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:37 AM, LuminethMage said:

@Khaedhras Vince and Tom did a good analysis on this on the Weekly Warhammer: First card is obviously a spell, the second a command trait and the other two likely artifacts (one Zaitrec and one Iliath...)

That makes a lot of sense. By the way, I have obviously been living under a rock, and did not know about this particular show. Thanks, you have just made my fourth isolation week so much better.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:06 AM, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I will say this box has rekindled my desire to build a crusading army led by the Spirit of Eltharion to go Manfred Hunting(tm)!

Yeah! Tyrion still owes 'Manfred' for getting his daughter slain by Arkhan when Nagash was resurrected...... 😔 

So for those of you who are like me, and worried that everything we have seen thus far is it for the Lumineth, here is something positive to consider:

If what we have been shown is it for Lumineth, that would legitimately make us the smallest faction in age of sigmar, with 10 warscrolls, no endless spells or terrain. The next largest are Daughters of Khaine, Kharadron Overlords and Idoneth Deepkin at 15 warscrolls and then Fyreslayers at 18. 

I just cannot believe that games workshop would spend three months teasing what would end up as age of sigmars smallest faction.

That gives me hope that we have more still to be unveiled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

Also, in this image of Teclis, the guy with the helmet just under him has a...dragon? serpent? On it. Does it correspond with any unit that we have seen before?

Right in front of him we can see something like a horse . I belive it is a horseman.

26 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

So for those of you who are like me, and worried that everything we have seen thus far is it for the Lumineth, here is something positive to consider:

If what we have been shown is it for Lumineth, that would legitimately make us the smallest faction in age of sigmar, with 10 warscrolls, no endless spells or terrain. The next largest are Daughters of Khaine, Kharadron Overlords and Idoneth Deepkin at 15 warscrolls and then Fyreslayers at 18. 

I just cannot believe that games workshop would spend three months teasing what would end up as age of sigmars smallest faction.

That gives me hope that we have more still to be unveiled.

I’m happy with what there is but GW does have precedent for small factions. IJ were 8 warscrolls (1 of which is unique) for years before they were rolled into warclans. If you want to play IJ allegiance then it’s still 8 warscrolls as they never had anything added and they’re very playable.

whatever comes I’m happy with, the models are spectacular!

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

Right in front of him we can see something like a horse . I belive it is a horseman.

Yeah, definitely looks like a slightly different style of horseman.

Hard to say if it means anything, but a small bit of hope I suppose.

The mountain theme being so prevalent in the art is not giving me good vibes though.

3 minutes ago, michu said:

If there is an artwork of unreleased miniatures they wouldn't show it  to us before the reveal. I think the "tease" part of this article was Scinari Cathaller and nothing else.

Of course not, I just mean that in the art we have the Hammer guys are almost always super prominent compared to the other models we know about. Even the way they chose mountains as the default terrain setting for Lumineth worries me a bit.

If nothing else I think GW was pretty confident the Hammer Bros would be stars of the line.

That said, art is art and army concepts often don't match reality. See how prominent Tree Revenants for Sylvaneth are in their art and supposed place as the backbone of the army, when in reality they barely exist in game and even in lore most BL stories focus on Dryads and Branch Wyches.

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

If nothing else I think GW was pretty confident the Hammer Bros would be stars of the line.

I, for one, welcome our new horned overlords and probably make army made entirely out of mountain part. Maybe even some headswaps for riders and spearmen.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

Of course not, I just mean that in the art we have the Hammer guys are almost always super prominent compared to the other models we know about. Even the way they chose mountains as the default terrain setting for Lumineth worries me a bit.

That said, art is art and army concepts often don't match reality. See how prominent Tree Revenants for Sylvaneth are in their art and supposed place as the backbone of the army, when in reality they barely exist in game and even in lore most BL stories focus on Dryads and Branch Wyches.

1.  GW rarely puts images of people in battletomes these days that aren't part of the release. The "dragon" helm guy is very likely a model (either a new lord, alt build of hammerers, or alt build of cavalry). I think the image was clearly meant to tease the unit just as many other units have previously been teased without acknowledgement during this release (art was how we originally got our first glimpse of the hammerers for example). This

2.  In respect to the mountain setting in the art, the article says "They are not the delicate elves of the world-that-was, these guys are pike- and hammer-wielding magical powerhouses with backup from all the geomantic spirits of Hysh – some of which literally represent the mountains themselves!" This is yet another acknowledgement that all 4 geomantic spirits are in this army, of which mountain is just one.

• Like 3