Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Looking at the tokens I can only see tokens for Sun, Moon and the mountain spirit though as well as the various types of troops. Although I have no idea what those tokens even do so i'm not exactly coming from a place of enlightenment 

Edited by Damosane

The 4 colored helmets on the right seem to symbolize the 4 elements, could also be the Nations though. The horned ones on the left look like they are symbolizing the named spirits. The upper right one Celennar, and the lower right one Avalenor. Upper left could be the Sun Spirit.

It’s  great to see that we finally get some insight into the rules too. I really like how they brought back Always Strikes First into the AoS setting (Lightning Reactions). Next to all the visuals how the play will also have a big influence on nostalgia. 

This is how i'm reading them at the minute, I think those helmets under the one i marked zenith are probably wind and river so I don't really see tokens for any other big spirit avatars, maybe they don't have tokens though, really hope i'm wrong.

Edit : the one i have labelled sun could be literally anything I guess considering we don't know whats going on with Tyrion

lumineth.jpg

Edited by Damosane

Something that we maybe shouldn't assume is that Eltharion isn't just Zenith.  From the hints dropped, Zenith is it's own faction, not a combination of the other three.  I think if there is some one besides Teclis who would be a master of all four paths it would be Eltharion.

As a side note, we have no evidence that Tyrion is part of any of the factions.   So far the lore has said that Teclis created these paths as a means of preventing Slaanesh worship.  I think it would be interesting if Tyrion was outside or beyond these paths and had his own way of utilizing the aetherquartz.

I guess I understand the need to drag out the faction reveal, but it still doesn't help to leave a bit of a sour taste on the mouth. A little hint of what's upcoming would have done wonders. 

3 hours ago, Kayzee84 said:

Credit to the  Facebook sleuth snipped this image... Those look like living beasties to me!

Phoenix.jpg

Now this is making me excited again, I was just about ready to give up and go stormcast with the big Stardrake haha. I'll hold off for now I guess, really hoping that the 14th preview will be a definitive reveal.

21 minutes ago, Damosane said:

This is how i'm reading them at the minute, I think those helmets under the one i marked zenith are probably wind and river so I don't really see tokens for any other big spirit avatars, maybe they don't have tokens though, really hope i'm wrong.

Edit : the one i have labelled sun could be literally anything I guess considering we don't know whats going on with Tyrion

lumineth.jpg

I think it’s possible these represent units?

If that’s the case... Going from top left across.

No idea, Celenaar, Spearmen, Eltharion.

Hammer boys, Cows, Dawnriders, no idea.

The top left could possibly be the river mage, but the bottom right I’ve got nothing, and the stone mage is clearly missing, as are the archers... so... is there a second sheet of tokens they haven’t shown us?

Again, I’m probably being optimistic / am wrong.

So, after carefully watching and rewatching the video, I saw something that caught my attention over here:

Screenshot_2020-04-05-01-58-21-305_com.android.chrome.jpg.319d28cf739303ee2b6d549a3e4d6984.jpg

It is possible to see four cards in total, the first one being clearly a spell belonging to the Lore of Zaitrec - whatever that may be. The second one though does not belong with the "Lore" word, an the first two words on the description may as well be "this wizard". The only one we have seen so far is the Alarith one from the mountain range. The third card starts with yet another word "iliath[...]". Maybe a name of another of the factions? Finally, the last card also seems to start with "Zaitrec", yet the description states the word "moonstone".  Anybody with keener eyes than me can decipher anything else? I don't know how these things relate, and I definitely have no clue of how things will turn out to be, but I think we're definitely going to see more stuff coming our way... What do you guys think? Me, I'm already saving for the box...

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Something that we maybe shouldn't assume is that Eltharion isn't just Zenith.  From the hints dropped, Zenith is it's own faction, not a combination of the other three.  I think if there is some one besides Teclis who would be a master of all four paths it would be Eltharion.

As a side note, we have no evidence that Tyrion is part of any of the factions.   So far the lore has said that Teclis created these paths as a means of preventing Slaanesh worship.  I think it would be interesting if Tyrion was outside or beyond these paths and had his own way of utilizing the aetherquartz.

Yes, Eltharion could be outside/encompassing all the path. As they have said he resembles both Teclis and Tyrion aspects. He just could be a general hero which fits well in any of your armies, which also would fit with him being in the starter box. 

As for Tyrion, my guess would be that he also mastered all 4 elements like Teclis or is totally outside of of all of this. I find the former a bit more likely than the later, as they always have presented them in this Ying/Yang style (Sun/Moon), and the cultural (elemental orders) and military aspects are clearly intertwined. 

@Khaedhras Vince and Tom did a good analysis on this on the Weekly Warhammer: First card is obviously a spell, the second a command trait and the other two likely artifacts (one Zaitrec and one Iliath...)

Edited by LuminethMage
Additional info

2 hours ago, Damosane said:

lumineth.jpg

The bottom two rows of tokens all correspond to units we already know, as far as I can tell.
Celennar, Teclis, Wardens, Eltharion
Stoneguard, Spirit of the Mountain, Dawnriders, Sentinels

*Why* there are tokens corresponding to specific units is a more interesting question...

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

The bottom two rows of tokens all correspond to units we already know, as far as I can tell.
Celennar, Teclis, Wardens, Eltharion
Stoneguard, Spirit of the Mountain, Dawnriders, Sentinels

*Why* there are tokens corresponding to specific units is a more interesting question...

If this read is accurate (and I think it probably is the best conclusion), it still doesn't mean that there isn't more. Clearly none of these tokens are for the veiled woman, and as someone else in this thread pointed out, the mountain mage doesn't appear to have a token on this sheet either.

The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that we will see Tyrion. 

With the female mage hidden in plain sight in the last reveal, it is certain that there is at least one more selection of minis to be shown off. It is pretty common that gw saves their biggest reveal for last, as we had with Morathi and the sisters of battle. 

If it is not Tyrion then it could be another big spirit like the battle cattle. 

It would be extremely weird if the last reveal was just the female mage. 

Was rereading all of the Lowdown articles, noticed something I hadn’t before,

These often include stylised sun and phoenix symbols – though formally centre-aligned between the Hyshian gods, a more militaristic, Tyrionic influence is clearly prevalent. This is further emphasised by the majestic phoenix design on the Dawnriders’ fluttering banner,

So, it indicates that the phoenix is linked with the Tyrionic side of Lumineth. Then pictured is the banner, showing a winged (more griffon-like) creature. I got thinking what if Tyrion is coming as a dual kit with Teclis? 

The Celennar model with a different head could also serve as a griffin/phoenix! Ridden by Tyrion!?

First of all, I have to say, that I am really happy to see this thread buzzing with anticipation again. Even if I vowed my loyalty to another elven (half) god (don't let her know that I called her a half god 😱), it saddens me to see my elven brothers and sisters in despair.

I also think that it would be a strange choice of GW to tell us about this fantastic society consisting out of four elemental path and then only release one of them. It is of course possible, but would be weird nonetheless.

One thing that came to my mind and probably belongs to the realm of wild conspiracy theories is that looking at the kits released so far, none of them seem to belong to the same dual kit. Looking especially at the archers, spearmen and hammerers, they all look kind of similar but don't share the same parts. There might be many reasons for this, for example that they are push-fit because they belong to the battle box or that the Lumineth don't have dual kits or that the dual kits are more extensive or or or.... . But what if each of their kits does consist out of a general aspect-less unit and an aspect unit. That would mean that the hammeres kit would also serve as another generic unit while spearmen, archers and dawnriders might be the base for the missing aspect warriors.

• Like 2

Yeah, great to see that some people seem to get interested again. I really hope we see one more element, especially something with flying units/monsters which so many are waiting for. The Sun Spirit/Phoenix/Dragon would be awesome.

Like Chikout I thought they still have something big on hand which they will show us at the final stage. But this has been dragging on for so long now, who knows. I think many of us who have been following this closely from the start are oscillating between excitement and disappointment (for various reasons). It also doesn’t help that many of us are in various stages of lockdowns, and although there are much more serious things to worry about toy soldiers, it can contribute to the mental exhaustion. 

Now, it’s waiting for next Monday again. And if we don’t get anything new then, maybe on the 18th. It feels like your are a donkey following a carrot. Most of us understand why they have to slow down the pace of reveals, but still. I think it would be helpful if they would let us know somewhat what we can still expect to come. A few more models? Another element on the scope of the mountain range? All four elemental factions? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, foxicious said:

I also think that it would be a strange choice of GW to tell us about this fantastic society consisting out of four elemental path and then only release one of them. It is of course possible, but would be weird nonetheless.

Personally, I completely agree!

15 minutes ago, foxicious said:

But what if each of their kits does consist out of a general aspect-less unit and an aspect unit. That would mean that the hammeres kit would also serve as another generic unit while spearmen, archers and dawnriders might be the base for the missing aspect warriors.

Interesting thought, I could definitely see the cavalry being dual for the wind aspect. If they are dual, would make the army box an even more interesting prospect.

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Personally, I completely agree!

Interesting thought, I could definitely see the cavalry being dual for the wind aspect. If they are dual, would make the army box an even more interesting prospect.

Exactly my thoughts, too. It may be wishful thinking but something like this would be awesome, imo:

Generic/Aspect

Dawnriders / Wind Aspect (cavalry archers would be great)
Spearmen / River (maybe sword wielding elves - flowing like a river and all that)
Archer / Zenith ( some magic and/or fire wielding warriors)
??? / Mountain (I have actually no idea what generic infantry the hammerer kit could be used for)

Together with the other spoiled kits (Teclis, Eltharion, stone mage, veiled mage, stone spirit) this would equal 9 kits. If we assume the following:

Eltharion (Zenith)
Veiled mage (River)
Stone mage (Mountain)
Teclis/Tyrion dual kit

This would leave us at 13-14 kits if we were to add in another aspect hero, the other spirits and maybe an unaligned hero kit. Of course this would mean quite a big release and I don't know how many dual kits per faction are common, but I think this would be a range to get excited for ☺️

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Now, it’s waiting for next Monday again. And if we don’t get anything new then, maybe on the 18th. It feels like your are a donkey following a carrot. Most of us understand why they have to slow down the pace of reveals, but still. I think it would be helpful if they would let us know somewhat what we can still expect to come. A few more models? Another element on the scope of the mountain range? All four elemental factions? 

Yeah, I am really happy to only be a bystander. This way I can follow the releases and the awesome models (which I all like up to this point) without too much tension 😅. Unimaginable how invested some of you guys have to be if you were waiting for reimagined high elves this long.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

First they mention "Tyrion" a dozen times - but he's not a release.

18 hours ago, Schulzy said:

do we think this is all there is? Does anyone else think Tyrion is still to be revealed within the range?

18 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I personally have given up on the idea of Tyrion being present

11 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

we have no evidence that Tyrion is part of any of the factions. 

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that we will see Tyrion

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

With the female mage hidden in plain sight in the last reveal

image.png.60460e00b81c2ab9378fd3b2eab9a347.png

... :P

1 minute ago, Athrawes said:

That image was from the first lumineth reveals, it is Celennar, Teclis' mount, the spirit of the moon.

This is true - it is from that reveal and obviously makes more sense.  But other than the earrings, the faces have never looked alike to me. But that's art for ya.

So if we include the river/air mage the Lumineth currently have 9 kits. If they stopped there we would have the smallest range for an all new army except Fyreslayers. Idk, KO, and Bonereapers each got 11 kits not counting scenery or endless spells. 

None of those armies had such an extended preview cycle even if you don't count the current situation. 

I think we can expect an absolute minimum of 2 more kits and probably scenery and endless spells as well. 

I don't think we will see anything new tomorrow especially with 2 more preview shows on the way. It would be nice if they did a deep dive on the archers though. We haven't seen much about them yet.

6 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Was rereading all of the Lowdown articles, noticed something I hadn’t before,

So, it indicates that the phoenix is linked with the Tyrionic side of Lumineth. Then pictured is the banner, showing a winged (more griffon-like) creature. I got thinking what if Tyrion is coming as a dual kit with Teclis? 

The Celennar model with a different head could also serve as a griffin/phoenix! Ridden by Tyrion!?

It would be amazing if it meant you could build the other brother on a smaller base and have Tyrion mounted and Teclis on foot or vise versa, I don't want them to both be on huge monsters because it means fielding them together becomes very unlikely