Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think it's" visible to the caster, halve the move characteristic until the end of the hero phase, then roll a dice. if the roll is equal to or greater, than that units move characteristic, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds"

Which sounds like a great spell. you can kneecap a unit of Mortek guard, and then pour salt on the mortal wound! 

Maybe "until your next/the next hero phase"

• Thanks 2

I was also a bit disappointed with nothing else but the battlebox today, but we have to understand how difficult it must be to readjust the schedule of releases while keeping the hype with everything in lockdown and no signs of re-opening of their factories and shops in, at least, two weeks. I hope that, following the reveal of one of our allegiance abilities, they will start revealing some warscrolls or spells, with a couple more models, at least, on the preview of the 18th April. So looking forward to having this army!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

I was also a bit disappointed with nothing else but the battlebox today, but we have to understand how difficult it must be to readjust the schedule of releases while keeping the hype with everything in lockdown and no signs of re-opening of their factories and shops in, at least, two weeks. I hope that, following the reveal of one of our allegiance abilities, they will start revealing some warscrolls or spells, with a couple more models, at least, on the preview of the 18th April. So looking forward to having this army!

Exactly they’re doing previews now in a world where they could easily have nothing out for a month or months. No one has a time frame. 

Also the box box seems pretty sweet! I’m not normally into buying all the extras so hopefully they give a money break on it all as it’s a combined box. 

• Like 2

"This is an army that rewards timing and tactical planning, as well as featuring a spiritual successor to the Always Strikes First rule that defined Warhammer elf armies of old. By activating two units at a time, you’ll be able to launch devastating co-ordinated attacks before your opponent has a chance to respond, while a suite of Aetherquartz abilities let you adapt your strategy on-the-fly. "

I'm eager to hear what those aetherquartz abilities are. sounds almost like Aethergold, or RD points to me. I hope it's a good power. If I were to guess, maybe this is how you activate warscroll or faction abilities like the OBR, or maybe get bonuses to magic.

Also, is it just me or does the Light of Eltharion seem to be the 'captain' of the zenith faction? because if so I'd be a little bummed if that's all we get as a fighty captain. I would probably kitbash my own hero if that's the case, cause I love having special snowflakes.

Just now, Acid_Nine said:

Also, is it just me or does the Light of Eltharion seem to be the 'captain' of the zenith faction? because if so I'd be a little bummed if that's all we get as a fighty captain. I would probably kitbash my own hero if that's the case, cause I love having special snowflakes.

Im with you on this, I have a pair of OC's I have been sitting on in a design document since the end of 8th edition, hoping for a new High Elf faction and without a generic combat hero I may just keep them in the design doc.

28 minutes ago, Schulzy said:

So what's everyone's opinions of the total range, do we think this is all there is? Does anyone else think Tyrion is still to be revealed within the range?

There’s at least one more model not officially revealed (veiled lady) and I’d be surprised if that’s the only one. 

46 minutes ago, Adeeb said:

Chips.JPGDoes the marker all the way on the right in the second row from the bottom  remind anyone else of the rumor engine below?

cedbc0b8.jpg

It looks exactly like the helmet of Eltharion. What do these tokens represent? The illustrations of the helmets on te right, bottom row I don’t think we’ve seen before. 

I’m going to assume the army will have a spell or artifact to fight before normal units are chosen. Add that to the army wide ability and on your turn it’s 3 units going before your opponent. Means can play MSU and still break up enemy death stars / punch through screens and hit the tasty fillings behind them. 

They might show her in a Lowdown. The last Lowdown was really lackluster, but in another they actually showed new models. Don’t we get a new Lowdown this Monday?

I really just want to know how much we can still expect. If this is it, then just tell me. 

• Like 4

For perspective, yes, teclis looks stiff, and yes, the cow helmets are way off balanced... but; for the most part, the vast majority of armies are constructed around the more “basic” units. Troop choices, ie the spearman, archers and maybe, the cavalry, will make up the majority of our forces on the fields. Add onto that a unit or two of special choices and some characters. These models for us look AWESOME! I loooooove the spearmen, archers and the CAVALRY, my god, they look good. The page on a rock would look great with a head swap (imagine a helmet-less shouting head etc) and eltharion is one of the best models I’ve seen, full stop! 

There is one unit that I’m not mad about, and I don’t personally go for the big huge centre piece units (but that’s very personal).

But we have been so focused on the cow helmets, that we are losing sight of the INCREDIBLE other choices we have. By the time this army is full released in the far, faaaaaar future, yes, of course there are going to be unit choices that some of us personally don’t like, but so far, I think the line up that is offered, even just so far, is great!

Looking forward to any and all info that comes out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

It looks exactly like the helmet of Eltharion. What do these tokens represent? The illustrations of the helmets on te right, bottom row I don’t think we’ve seen before. 

Yeah - the one on the far right doesn’t look too familiar. Could be a river / wind unit or general model for the release?

Not sure whether the one next to it is the cavalry or something else new?

So they did say at the end of the presentation that what they have shown is only half of what they had for the Adepticon reveal.  They are stretching things out to have some kind of content to show us, since they can't sell anything at the moment.  These small hobby doses will probably be the norm until Nurgle's Plague dies down.

I'm pretty sold on this box.  It has all the models I actually like out of the range, and I was going to buy all of the other stuff anyway, so I will basically wind up with a Collector's Battletome along with it.

My remaining hope is that we get more than just the veiled maiden from the other Elements.  I may pick up a Mountain Spirit, but it's going to take me a while to get the Stoneguard.  I'll have to figure out a conversion that I can live with first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayzee84 said:

Credit to the  Facebook sleuth snipped this image... Those look like living beasties to me!

Phoenix.jpg

I didn't catch those figures, this is pretty interesting. My first thought is that they are two other manifestations of elemental spirits (like the bull is to the mountain), the one on the left being a dragon and on the right a (winged?) antelope. My second thought is that the wings on the "dragon" look awfully similar to the crest on the Light of Eltharion's helmet.

Time for some speculation: The dragon is the manifestation of Zenith, and the antelope is the manifestation of Wind. We learned of a subfaction/discipline called Zaitrec in the video showing the cards today, which given the spell is "Overwhelming Heat", we can guess that Zaitrec is the name for the Zenith faction. The Eltharion's helmet looks like the "zenith dragon"s wings because he is closely affiliated with Zaitrec for whatever reason (maybe they brought him back?).

They look more like statues or? Of course could be statues of living spirits. Something flying should still be coming. Eltharion has a big symbol of a rising Phoenix on his chest. So he could be Zenith. His Phoenix Helmet would fit too of course.

About “Overwhelming Heat”. The description says that “the caster causes the air to grow  thicker and thicker with oppressive heat.” That would fit pretty well also with our Veiled Lady with her smoking brazier. That halo like thing around her also would be apt for Zenith. 

Finally, I think on top of the ruler we see the personal symbol of the Sun Spirit. The symbol looks exactly like Celennar’s except that it’s not crowned by a half moon, but by a sun (if that not just looking like that because of the quality of the picture and the light). 

So maybe it’s still a bit premature to give up all hope. 

178CAAA9-C4FE-4653-B478-60752FF1A5C3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So they did say at the end of the presentation that what they have shown is only half of what they had for the Adepticon reveal.  They are stretching things out to have some kind of content to show us, since they can't sell anything at the moment.  These small hobby doses will probably be the norm until Nurgle's Plague dies down.

I'm pretty sold on this box.  It has all the models I actually like out of the range, and I was going to buy all of the other stuff anyway, so I will basically wind up with a Collector's Battletome along with it.

My remaining hope is that we get more than just the veiled maiden from the other Elements.  I may pick up a Mountain Spirit, but it's going to take me a while to get the Stoneguard.  I'll have to figure out a conversion that I can live with first.

This. 
They said they have only shown about half of what the planned for Adepticon. They can’t release models because their factories are shut so they now have to drag this out until things can go back to normal. I was thinking they would maybe only release two of the elements, but after seeing all the tokens in the box, I’m starting to think that maybe they will release them all.

Maybe it’s overly optimistic but I think it’s possible.

• LOVE IT! 1