Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

All the people raining hatred down on these models will be the first to buy them lol

This is exactly what I am thinking: No I am gonna drop from AoS cuz its all stupid and one unit has been released, next day buys *just* Eltharion and cavalry: Ok these guys are cool, I guess I will try the others. Ends up with a hecking 8k point army of cow elves.

Btw, I do think the cavalry and the others are cool, I just think the cow elves are also cool, not a lack of skill in the designers (very confused). 

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

But why start a flame war?

I like the models and the theme  but equally I can understand why others don’t. 

I’m not starting a flame war. I’m drawing attention to the fact that a lot of the detractors are speaking from an unwarranted point of authority. A lot of them aren’t saying “I don’t love these” or “I don’t like these”. They’re calling into question the competence of the designers and sculptors. It’s a bit unfair to accuse me of being the first to bring hyperbole into the mix. 

• Like 3

Just now, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Damosane That might step on the toes of the Idoneth a little too much.

Yeah I completely agree,  Idoneth really don't leave too many possibilities for a river spirit it seems, maybe it will just be  a cool water elemental type thing, I'd be very surprised if the wind spirit didn't end up some sort of eagle like thing whenever it gets released

3 hours ago, Damosane said:

Yeah I completely agree,  Idoneth really don't leave too many possibilities for a river spirit it seems, maybe it will just be  a cool water elemental type thing, I'd be very surprised if the wind spirit didn't end up some sort of eagle like thing whenever it gets released

There are a still a lot of possibilities left. As they have included strains from classic Greek to East Asia into the Lumineth so far. Athrawes mentioned a Gonggong-like spirit. That would fit really well with what they have done so far. Certain Naga would look similar and could be an alternative. In Japan you have Kappa, or they could go back to a more Greek inspired Nymph-like being. 

From what we have seen so far, I don’t think they’ll go with a Water Elemental. 

Totally agree with the Eagle. If we don’t see some predator bird inspired spirit for the wind faction I’d be really surprised. Although if they draw on Asian traditions for the wind spirit too, we could be in for a surprise again. 

9 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

All the people raining hatred down on these models will be the first to buy them lol

Yeah, you see it is tricky. I love elves and i want an elven army, but i cant help but not like most of the hats.

I will have to convert and change a lot of things to my taste, so the preview tomorrow will give me an idea if the task will be doable or not. 

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Yeah, you see it is tricky. I love elves and i want an elven army, but i cant help but not like most of the hats.

I will have to convert and change a lot of things to my taste, so the preview tomorrow will give me an idea if the task will be doable or not. 

That is most of the fun for me tbh, I already think those bull emblems modified on the shoulders with fur on the cape is gonna look amazing, basically AOS white lions, the big cows are gonna be tricky but i'm pretty convinced painting them like magical stone will solve the giant beastman vibe anyhow 

6 minutes ago, Damosane said:

That is most of the fun for me tbh, I already think those bull emblems modified on the shoulders with fur on the cape is gonna look amazing, basically AOS white lions, the big cows are gonna be tricky but i'm pretty convinced painting them like magical stone will solve the giant beastman vibe anyhow 

My plan so far:

Remove all Bull aspects. Teclis head swaped for a Idoneth aspect, no bull on top of hammer bros and i wanna check if i can get a Treelord head into the big Cow "fused" with the mountain. 

That said: 

If the remaining models have a cooler visual identity and spare helmets or so, something cool can come out of it. 

• LOVE IT! 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Anyone else getting a hunch that the Light of Eltharion, 10 spearmen, and 5 cavalry troops that were previewed are going to come in either a start collecting box or a dual box? It is the same type of composition as the StD Start Collecting that just came out, and the spearmen do look a bit more static than a multipart kit might be. Just seems interesting that this is the first wave of Lumineth they chose to show and it happens to fit a reasonable box archetype.

On the flip side, there is almost zero chance that that Eltharion model is push fit!

Called it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Called it

Yeah I was expecting this. The initial reveal just looked a bit too perfect as a box set not to be intended.

I'm a little worried about that special edition cover doubling down on Mountain though, I really want at least one other element to choose from.

Perfect box for me. I wanted to buy the dice and special edition anyway. 

They might also have done something interesting with the Lightning Reactions. Good take on ASF without being too obnoxious in AoS for your opponent (hopefully). 

Obvious drawback is of course, it looks like that we have seen the majority of the things we get, and the mountain factions is the center piece at least for the first release. 

Edited by LuminethMage
Adding comment

So with some strategic pausing, one of the cards shown is a spell from the "Lore of Zaitrec" called "Overwhelming Heat"

Interesting, in the sense that 1. Does that mean Eltharion is a Wizard? and 2. Probably nota  Mountain Element spell, since the fluff is suffocatingly hot air.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

So with some strategic pausing, one of the cards shown is a spell from the "Lore of Zaitrec" called "Overwhelming Heat"

Interesting, in the sense that 1. Does that mean Eltharion is a Wizard? and 2. Probably nota  Mountain Element spell, since the fluff is suffocatingly hot air.

Could just be an Eltharion ability.  They definitely implied he had some magic in previous reveals.

Just now, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Could just be an Eltharion ability.  They definitely implied he had some magic in previous reveals.

As cool as Eltharion is, I doubt he has an entire magic lore named after him. The description of the box set calls out spell cards also.

That said, he was a mage in WFB so it would not be surprising if he's still a wizard.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

As cool as Eltharion is, I doubt he has an entire magic lore named after him. The description of the box set calls out spell cards also.

That said, he was a mage in WFB so it would not be surprising if he's still a wizard.

This is probably the right answer. It isn't an either or.