Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

11 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

It would be almost unprecedented if all of the infantry kits we have seen thus far are not duel kits. I have a strong feeling that the alarith stonemage and Stoneguard are duel kits able to represent other geomantic spirits with alternate heads and weapons.

What is most telling is that the only place on either of those kits you see the symbol of the mountain is on the heads, and staff. No where on all of their robes or armor can we see the rune of the mountain, which seems really odd unless those kits are a generic base intended for multiple builds. 

Not saying you are wrong, but their whole armour is also done in the mountain style. Could just be the painting style of course, but the armour for both the stonemage and the hammer unit as well as the mountain spirit look bulky, have these stylized triangles on them, and high neck guards. They look different to the armour of the basic troops, and how the armour of Teclis and Eltharion look like. 

2 minutes ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

Death Player here. I adore these new models (although my Dwarven friends despise them, haha). I already liked Teclis and the Hollow Knight, but with today's release, I'm halfway sold. Since y'all are probably already more invested, will there be other elements too? Fire, Frost, (-Phoenix)? I always loved the Aspects Eldar have and if there's old Fire and Ice with a bit of Earth now, I'd really love to play these. 

There are supposed to be 4: Mountain, River, Wind and Zenith. So all for are theoretically covered. Phoenix iconography is all over the Lumineth and there is a Sun Spirit. Something like a phoenix should come, but no one really knows. So far everything we have seen has been from either the mountain faction or standard troops, except for Eltharion, who had a lot of Phoenix symbols on him, and one more female mage who could be wind, river, zenith or just generic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuminethMage said:

There are supposed to be 4: Mountain, River, Wind and Zenith. So all for are theoretically covered. Phoenix iconography is all over the Lumineth and there is a Sun Spirit. Something like a phoenix should come, but no one really knows. So far everything we have seen has been from either the mountain faction or standard troops, except for Eltharion, who had a lot of Phoenix symbols on him, and one more female mage who could be wind, river, zenith or just generic. 

Oh, there's even gonna be river? I feared they'd not do any water-centric things because of Idoneth Deepkin. Lookin' forward to this, thank you for the explanation! :)

No problem. Just to clarify, we don’t know that they get models though. Especially this release. Might be nothing. But as long as they don’t say it’s the full range, we can stay excited and hope we’ll get everything : )

This is what they said about the four subcultures in their first lowdown: “Following the teachings of Teclis, the Lumineth also learned to communicate with, and even channel, the geomantic spirits of Hysh – specifically those of the mountains, rivers, wind and zenith. This affected every aspect of their existence, from the knowledge they accumulated to the way they fought and the magic they employed.  . . .  . This led the Lumineth to develop four distinct sub-cultures within their wider civilisation, each with its own orders of mages and warriors. By dedicating themselves, mind and soul, to the pursuit of furtherance, the Lumineth could better avoid the lure of Slaanesh.”

7 hours ago, Mcthew said:

So, if this wasnt an aelf range, would this still be cool?

I mean, I know it's rude but I cant stop staring at those cows above the Stoneguards' heads. Maybe that's the unit's ability: "Hypnotised by Cow!"

a lot of people on the facebook post are super salty this isn't the aelf faction they SPECIFICALLY WANTED, so your theory holds water. My personal issue is I like the aesthetic chances they took but jfc they need more input on helmets

3 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Flamberge directly referres to a flame-blade (see fig 1), it was made that way to try and reduce the issue of fighting in formation and does not necessarly have a longer hit as it was used on both greatswords and rapiers.

flamberge rapier.jpg

Indeed matey, but if I'm not mistaken 2 handed Flamberge long as the zweihander on the left existed too. well anyway the point is, there is something to be done with those miniatures, conversion wise, for a two handed sword :).

5 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I am really looking forward to this Priestess / Mage!

msterious priestess.jpg

She has the river runes on her dress and looks like a pet lizardlike animal on her shoulder/coming from her back. Could lizards be part of the river iconography?

See, no offense, but when I see this crop of the Stoneguard, I have to ask why you wanted to play aelves, because those aren't aelves.  Those are cultured beatmen dressed like aelves.  And that's cool.  I like that concept, just not in the army that is supposed to be the successor to the Asur of Ulthuan.

I'm starting to agree with the guys from Warhammer Weekly the more I ruminate on these guys.  At this point, I hope we don't get Tyrion in this army.  I hope he gets his own faction with dragons and phoenixes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

She has the river runes on her dress and looks like a pet lizardlike animal on her shoulder/coming from her back. Could lizards be part of the river iconography?

That’s just the smoke from the brazier we have seen before. She could also be from the wind subculture (smoke, veils), or just a generic mage. The runes as far as I can tell are neither really wind nor water or could hint at either, hard to say. 

11D4B97B-FFF9-49B7-8359-6BD6517FB5D0.jpeg

04B1DD77-4A7F-4DD0-B68C-26A155FA9DC8.jpeg

11 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

That’s just the smoke from the brazier we have seen before. She could also be from the wind subculture (smoke, veils), or just a generic mage. The runes as far as I can tell are neither really wind nor water or could hint at either, hard to say. 

11D4B97B-FFF9-49B7-8359-6BD6517FB5D0.jpeg

04B1DD77-4A7F-4DD0-B68C-26A155FA9DC8.jpeg

The smoke angle seens diferent, she would need to be holding the brasier near her head... but it may be just my impression, her pose does look like she is holding something up with the other arm. On the bottom of her dress the pattern is the same of the river rune (the spiral), but a generic mage would make sense

2 hours ago, Athrawes said:

It would be almost unprecedented if all of the infantry kits we have seen thus far are not duel kits. I have a strong feeling that the alarith stonemage and Stoneguard are duel kits able to represent other geomantic spirits with alternate heads and weapons.

What is most telling is that the only place on either of those kits you see the symbol of the mountain is on the heads, and staff. No where on all of their robes or armor can we see the rune of the mountain, which seems really odd unless those kits are a generic base intended for multiple builds. 

Maybe the hammerers could be a duel kit but no way the stonemage is. The whole floating base is related to her earth magic and the pillar on it has the mountain symbol. I'm not sure what exactly you could reuse in an alternate build.

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

Yeah but he was their Smith God. There has never been an iteration of elves going to war with two handed hammers

There is an entire house of Elves who use battle hammers in Gondolin...Elves with hammers is not an unheard of thing in fantasy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                .Bit of a tinfoil hat theory but considering our preview got split in two does anyone else think that may be because we are going to have part of our stuff revealed when sons of bahumet are? two army box incoming? I did always think  Eltharion, the spearmen and the cavalry looked suspiciously like half a battle box but I'd love a renegade style thing with a mountain spirit vs a giant  

Edited by Damosane
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damosane said:

There is an entire house of Elves who use battle hammers in Gondolin...Elves with hammers is not an unheard of thing in fantasy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                .Bit of a tinfoil hat theory but considering our preview got split in two does anyone else think that may be because we are going to have part of our stuff revealed when sons of bahumet are? two army box incoming? I did always think  Eltharion, the spearmen and the cavalry looked suspiciously like half a battle box but I'd love a renegade style thing with a mountain spirit vs a giant  

I think those three units are more likely to be a new Start Collecting box in the manner of the recent S2D release.

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

See, no offense, but when I see this crop of the Stoneguard, I have to ask why you wanted to play aelves, because those aren't aelves.  Those are cultured beatmen dressed like aelves.  And that's cool.  I like that concept, just not in the army that is supposed to be the successor to the Asur of Ulthuan.

I'm starting to agree with the guys from Warhammer Weekly the more I ruminate on these guys.  At this point, I hope we don't get Tyrion in this army.  I hope he gets his own faction with dragons and phoenixes.

Tom nailed exactly what i feel about it. 

My hope is :

1- Another faction for Tyrion

2- a diferent visual identity per subfaction, like Akhelians and Namarti.

The helmets are just terrible. 

1 hour ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

In case this has not been shared:

Dawnrider head and Warden head by the look of it. The two weapons are on the oop swordmasters and white lions.

received_153529962587098.jpeg

The Dawnriders Helmets (and Eltharion) are the best looking ones. If the whole army used those, i would be sold.

• Like 1

I was thinking that the split release was done due to Tyrion getting his aelves added which would explain the overall incoherent design (helmets):

Riders, Bowmen and Spearmen are core units shared across all subfactions

Eltharion and the Veiled Lady is a hero Shared across all subfactions

Cow-Blandness (Spirits, Hammerers and the Bad Keepers of Moo) are For the Stone Subculture only.

So Tyrion would get:

Tyrion and Heavy Infantry/Knights, a big Monster (Please just be a dragon or some entirely new creature no animal of clumsiness and boredom like a cow...)

Tyrion isn't separate army, he is all over the lore and articles he will show up somewhere in the future(possibly when Lumineth are updated) 

I like what I've seen a lot .

- love Aelves with hammers but will change their helms (maybe removing horns) 

- love Holy Cows 

- rest of the range is pretty sweet some minor headswaps and it will be grand, the only things:

that I dislike a lot is Celennar head (hope I will be able to find some kid of replacement) and Stone Mage head (easy to swap) 

Only thing I dislike is the helmet on those hammer warriors. But a head swap or some cutting will do wonders and they look awesome that way. 

I hope I can ally them with either my DoK or Sylvaneth to give me reason to get just some of this army 

9 hours ago, Maturin said:

Yeah but he was their Smith God. There has never been an iteration of elves going to war with two handed hammers

I'm of a similar mind..... Although more aesthetically pleasing than I had hoped..... I'm still struggling with the hammer thing..... and 'those: helmets