Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

11 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I actually hope not.  Because if the are still continueing these articles, that means that the full army reveal has been pushed back even further.  And that's just insulting.

Why would it insult anybody ? It is what it is, we are in state of pandemia all around the world and we don't know how it affects GW shippment etc, for exmaple they might not have cards, terrain, endless spells to ship because of China. 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

It's insulting because we learned nothing of substance in this article, and yet it's supposed to placate us.  I don't mind if the release did get pushed back, especially in light of current circumstances.  But treat us like the paying customers that we are and tell us what's going on, instead of tossing up little puff pieces that we could have probably written ourselves.  A better article would have been to actually reveal a little more of the background of the army.  It wouldn't have to have been mych, maybe just revealing a little more about what Tyrion and Teclis did during the Age of Myth.  That would have actually provided substance to the community, and bought more time to figure things out, while also generating some good will in the process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I actually hope not.  Because if the are still continueing these articles, that means that the full army reveal has been pushed back even further.  And that's just insulting.

I dont understand from the ting whit the Sylvaneth relees people assume somethin has happened every time they dont get somting ween they think they shood. the onely time i has hapend they told us so way asume ther som big cover upp now?
The relm lords are coming

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Don't they have a big reveal planned this Saturday?

After this, who knows? There might not be much in those two events from a Lumineth point of view. That was the worst part for me about this article, it just referenced yet again another one in two weeks, but didn’t even mention those two events. They might just have forgotten to do so, but who can tell. On Facebook they also didn’t say anything on the lines of tune in this Saturday. Just that there is more to show....

If the Lumineth release is affected by Corvid19, it’s better to just come out and say so. Everyone will understand that. But I doubt most people will enjoy many more of these mini lowdowns every couple of weeks. 

• Like 3

yea, this was a pretty lackluster reveal. if you're going to play your cards this close to the chest... I'm just happy that there is a preview soon. sad to say that my hype went down a bit, going from reading the forum everyday to forgetting about it. kinda stinks. They could have at least shown off a terrain piece or something.

• Like 1

Yeah, anything new, even if it was a tease of a new model’s base. 

I’m now concerned that them saying, “the first couple of online previews will be the 28th and 4th!” And saying they’ll be talking more about Lumineth in a couple of weeks, that they aren’t previewing us yet, and we’ll continue having these joke previews on Mondays. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Yeah, anything new, even if it was a tease of a new model’s base. 

I’m now concerned that them saying, “the first couple of online previews will be the 28th and 4th!” And saying they’ll be talking more about Lumineth in a couple of weeks, that they aren’t previewing us yet, and we’ll continue having these joke previews on Mondays. 

Yeah my worries exactly. For some reason I was sure that they get a full reveal this Saturday. Kind of was building up to this, but that article looked more like something someone had to do in a hurry because they promised us one this Monday. Might really have something to do with Corvid19. Probably best to keep expectations low (I'm not really good at that myself though, lol). 

I also didn't like the content very much to be honest. I know we need some tragedy and lost glory, but this sounds like they are living in rubble and everything is utterly destroyed. Would be sad if we don't see some pictures of aelf cities etc. I might be too negative now, but this whole thing was a real downer. 

Let's see if there is anything on Saturday. 

Very lack luster article and agree that the most concerning part was the fact we are supposedly getting another one in 2 weeks. I think at least a few of us felt we might be getting pre orders in a few weeks unsure about that now. 

I understand the world is all over the place at the moment but if the coronavirus is going to impact the release just tell us! I'd be disappointed but at least I'd know where I stood. Plus the teasing has now got to the point of frustrating as opposed to exciting for me. 

Fingers crossed we do get a full reveal on the weekend however I am going to temper my expectations. 

Edited by Lyzel

I was extremely disappointed with this half-hearted attempt at an article. 250 words of 'You know those ruins? They used to be buildings'. I wouldn't be angry if they have to push the release back because of Covid 19, but just tell us that's whats going on. They did so with Sylvaneth and people appreciated knowing.

I was extremely disappointed with this half-hearted attempt at an article. 250 words of 'You know those ruins? They used to be buildings'. I wouldn't be angry if they have to push the release back because of Covid 19, but just tell us that's whats going on. They did so with Sylvaneth and people appreciated knowing.

EDIT

With the email it makes a lot more sense. I have friends working for GW and I'm happy they'll get to stay home for a couple of weeks. The hasty feel to the article is likely due to their scramble to reassess the timeline of releases.

UPDATE: NO SELLING OR SHIPPING FOR ANY GW MODELS - until at least 31st May 2020

GW distribution centers and factories are closing down. GW sites will no longer be processing online sales and there will be no shipping. So it only gets worse. :(

Source: 

Posted on March 24, 2020

We have today issued a trading update as below.

Trading for the Group in the nine months to the end of February was in line with expectations. However, in March since the COVID-19 outbreak has spread more widely, the Group’s performance globally has been impacted.

In response to official guidance announced today in both the UK and US, we will be temporarily closing globally all of our stores, headquarters, factory and warehouses with immediate effect. Where possible, our staff will continue to work from home. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, their families and our customers.

As the situation develops, we will provide an update on the possible impact of these necessary actions on the Group’s performance for the year to 31 May 2020 and going forward.

Posted in RNS, Trading Statements - https://investor.games-workshop.com/

Edited by Wickie De Viking

Wickie - the company is looking to restart on the 14th of April, however its a provincial date and could shift based on changes in government legislation in reaction to the virus. So it might well slip past that date. The May 31st is for shareholders/trading and is about GW addressing the impacts to their long term plans and their release schedule. 

The May date is unlikely to shift because that's more a meeting of bosses and outlining the company health and status and plans. The April date is a flexible target. If the virus situation gets worse it will likely move; if the situation makes improvements and factories can come online then chances are that's the date they'd like it to happen. 

Of course the other aspect is staff, GW might set a date but if the public mood is bad then even if the government allows factories to come online, if GW's staff don't feel safe then they might not reactivate. It also relies on the other networks in the country too. There's no point bringing your factories back online if you can't get plastic in to make stuff with - though I'd wage GW would reactivate even if they couldn't sell products - letting them build up a stockpile since chances are their 3rd party stores and own stores will get stripped of stock quite heavily - 3rd party now as whatever stock they hold is going to drain out fast; and their own highstreet shops once they are allowed to open again. 

2 hours ago, Wickie De Viking said:

Looking at how busy the London subway was yesterday/today I reckon it will be way past April...

Yep. Even the countries that have contained COVID-19 relatively 'well' will still take several months to get back to normal at minimum, and the UK badly botched their initial response. I wouldn't expect Games Workshop to re-open for business until June or July at the absolute earliest. It'll make the wait for the Lumineth longer, but the reward will be more satisfying :) 

2 hours ago, Wickie De Viking said:

Looking at how busy the London subway was yesterday/today I reckon it will be way past April...

It's still better not to provide misinformation. The statement didn't say May 31st, but April 14th. 

Anyway, now as our expectations have been lowered, what do you think they will show or want them to show on Saturday? 

I hope we get at least one or two new units. I would love to see something not from the mountain culture. Especially from zenith or wind. Still some people don't like the aesthetic of the mountain faction that much, and I think at least those two might be more similar to the old high elf style (winged helms like Eltharion). 

Edit: From someone who is a bit ahead of the curve (living in Korea), three weeks could be enough to significantly improve the situation. It depends of course how bad it is in the UK, and if people really follow the rules etc., but here things got significantly better in around that amount of time. It won't be back to normal of course, but might be enough to restart economical activities, and people have a bit more leeway to move around etc. 🤞

Edited by LuminethMage
clarification
  • Like 4

I think they will go forward with their original reveal - all those articles were already written. So I think we will get full reveal, then they can keep hype by posting next Lowdown articles - for example putting one subfaction rules 2 weeks for now and then showing one warscroll next 2 weeks. 

I'd be happy of course if they'll give us a full reveal during those two events. Then at least we have something to write about here for a few weeks, which keeps us busy. 

It would be interesting to know how much GW generally relies on impulsive purchases. If it's only a small percentage, then sure they can just go ahead an reveal everything right now, and then show us rules, lore and mechanics in a few lowdowns afterwards every two weeks (and a few more close together before pre-order/order as they always do). That still wouldn't amount to too many. I personally still want to buy all the models they have revealed at first although that has been at least 20 months ago (might be a month or two off there "cough"). 

But if GW relies on a larger percentage on hype and people just buying whatever they've seen last, then GW might change things a bit. It's not like they couldn't show a prepared reveal video also later, and prepare something else for those shows. 

We'll see in a few days.