Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

13 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Nice!  You might want to add a small dot or two of warmer color in there to help make the other colors pop a little more.  Your color transitions are really good though!

Thank you! I agree they look a bit cold atm, the bases will probably feature some warmer browns and lots of different colour flowers. Furthermore I'll try for some warm yellow on the blades of the weapons etc, colour wheel tells me turquoise, pink and yellow goes together ^^

24 minutes ago, Ian Wallsh said:

Lovely! 😍 

Thanks!

Very nice! Also fits really well with the solar powered weapons theme they mentioned. Those look like weapons who can store sun power.

1 hour ago, Ian Wallsh said:

Even if its only residual, will they still be affected by the presence of Chaos, especially Slaneshi magic, will they still feel 'a pull' in the presence of a Slaneshi Greater Demon.....? 

Id love to know what you think and how this will affect their 'Lore'.....? 

Just to add a little bit more to what Koradrel mentioned: We know that although those were the purest souls, there was such a lingering effect that the Lumineth almost destroyed themselves again, and had to reset their whole culture, in the so called Reinvention. That’s when they developed the four elemental spirit based sub-cultures, to which they dedicate their lives. Again similar to 40k.

They are still susceptible to Slaanesh though, as he/she was able to manipulate some of the guardian mages to provide him with secrets on how to destroy some of his bonds. 

I personally doubt though that there will be some kind of negative effect against Chaos magic in their rules. If at all, maybe the opposite. Hysh magic is traditionally strong against Chaos and Demons.

But fluff wise - their whole story and culture is based around on how to deal with Slaanesh, so there will be a lot of that.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 10:32 PM, Acid_Nine said:

I was more thinking of the examples on the bottom of this pdf, which has that little curly portion on top of it, which the archers look like they have. Plus, though a lot fancier, they seem to have cheek guards too. but, I may be confusing ages myself, and not know when those helmets came into popularity

http://hixenbaugh.net/otherfiles/Ancient Greek Helmets.PDF

the only bronze age helmets in that pdf are the boar tusk helmets. the rest are all 8th cen. BC+. the Bronze age ends (in Greece anyway) around 1200BC or so (some historians argue as early as 2000BC in Greece).

specifically the ones at the bottom are from the Hellenistic period (roughly Alexander the great to roman conquest) and are the most Iron age a greek helmet can get.

this website has some nice detail about Bronze age greek soldiers http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/index.htm, and there are infact cheek plates in this period. however cheek plates are not specific to any period, used as early as the bronze age all the way up to the late renaissance. and to the layman they (usually)  are most associated with ancient roman legionaries (iron age) and greek hoplites (also iron age). personally I don't associate them with any period.

PS: sorry if I write too much about this topic

as for the actual helmets the Lumineth use, the archers helmets have grown on me since my last post to the point i think they are my favorite Lumineth helmet :)

• Like 1

So what might we get to see next Monday? (I refuse to believe there won't be a lowdown. They can't do that to us, right???? 😨). 

In the meantime, here are the rumors and snippets we have seen so far, but haven't got the full picture yet. 

I'm intrigued by the split horns, those don't seem to be identical with the "Yak" picture from the flag. So there seems to be at least one more monster coming, which we haven't seen at all. Do we also get a fitting mage for that, with appropriate horns on the helmet? 

Some people speculate that the Veiled Lady (and the brazier) are part of a larger arrangement (like Katakros). That also sounds interesting. The brazier definitely has some larger meaning. It's also on the shield of one of the Dawnriders (with the appropriate Lecai "Light" rune also shown), on Eltharion etc. 

Finally I wonder what they are going to do with the two hammers. I kind of doubt that there are going to be two units with different hammers.

LRL.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it's getting tedious, even for someone like me, who has been waiting for years to see the new High Elves. It shouldn't feel that long in comparison, but I'm now also running low on my symbolical Aetherquarzt supply. Actually that's why I posted the above to keep me and others a bit busy : )

I thought they might throw us (and others) a few bones after Adepticon got cancelled. But sadly they didn't (not a complaint, I'm happy they're going to do the virtual sessions, and they likely have had their hands full with operationalizing these contingency plans.)

I'm mostly worried now what happens in case they don't actually have that much on their hands to reveal in the end. I think after this months long drawn out process, if there is not at least one really awesome monster model coming, like the phoenix/dragon, they might have achieved the opposite, that a lot of people will be turned off. 

I think the best thing we can hope for at this point is that they have at least one more really amazing model to show us.  If they led with Teclis, and that was the biggest center piece model, all of this build up is going to feel wasted.

Eh, don't mind me.  Tired and grumpy and want my new toy soldiers!

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace

That's possible. 

If they Veiled Lady we have seen is not part of a larger piece it might be her.

Or a unit connected to one of the two hammers they have shown us so far. As a Hammer unit is also part of the mountain faction, it's not that unlikely. So far, they've almost always built up upon things they have hinted at before (via a rumour or mentioning in previous lowdowns (archers and stonemages both had a rumour engine piece and a mentioning in the Warden article)).

But I'm fine with anything. After that it's only 4 more days until we get this. If we are super lucky, we might even get pre-order countdown right after that. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:59 AM, Turin Turambar said:

the only bronze age helmets in that pdf are the boar tusk helmets. the rest are all 8th cen. BC+. the Bronze age ends (in Greece anyway) around 1200BC or so (some historians argue as early as 2000BC in Greece).

specifically the ones at the bottom are from the Hellenistic period (roughly Alexander the great to roman conquest) and are the most Iron age a greek helmet can get.

this website has some nice detail about Bronze age greek soldiers http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/index.htm, and there are infact cheek plates in this period. however cheek plates are not specific to any period, used as early as the bronze age all the way up to the late renaissance. and to the layman they (usually)  are most associated with ancient roman legionaries (iron age) and greek hoplites (also iron age). personally I don't associate them with any period.

PS: sorry if I write too much about this topic

as for the actual helmets the Lumineth use, the archers helmets have grown on me since my last post to the point i think they are my favorite Lumineth helmet :)

Fair enough! All I knew is that it was Grecian, so I automatically assigned it to Bronze Age. Still, point still stands that the helmets reminded me of Ancient Greek examples, which I think is fairly apt.

and dang I love the hammerhal herald. I wish they advertised it more in the community. 

• Like 1

Not that I want to dash your hopes, but I'm not entirely sure the whole range will be released all at once.  Both OBR and Sisters armies did full releases, and it took several months to get the full release out.  Which honestly is best for my wallet!

In a side thought, did anyone catch the part on the Herald poster where it specified the Teclian Nations?  That seems fairly deliberate to me, and makes me wonder what they have in store for Tyrion.

I saw that, and thought more along the lines of the 4 sub-cultures being fully fledged nations, which of course would mean we’ll get special units, and at least one hero and spirit beast for each. 😬

Not that I have any overblown expectations or anything like that.... .

I still hink Tyrion will be part of this release, but we’ll see. Today we are officially just 7 days away from the reveal. Finally can catch a glimpse of the light at he end of the tunnel. 💫