Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I'm seeing several things missed in this conversation.

• I think the reference to all of the Lumineth siphoning off their emotions into aethershard crystals is a nod to something army wide having to do with battleshock tests. No emotions means no running away?
  • The archers bows, while possibly impractical, are a nod to the models power, but it might only be added range, not better wounding or rend.  Aside from artillery, there aren't many (if any) infantry models with a longer than 24" ranged attack in aos right now.  That might be pretty powerful in the current meta.
  • On the topic of the archers I think the leader will double as a standard bearer and the hawk is going to give the unit some kind of benefit. Probably a reduction in cover bonuses to the unit being shot at or something.  This seems to be a thing around the entire army, that instead of a full command they're getting one model that does it all.
  • The stonemage is probably going to have an aura that gives all units around it -1 to being hit in the shooting phase as well as a spell that allows him to move units around.
  • The chalice-female is probably an endless spell. 
  • Tyrion will be in the range.
  • It's possible the "auroch" image is actually a horned lion, and the "hammers" were merely poorly rendered and out of shot greataxes...

All in all, I can't wait for the release. I'm specifically interested in the rules of this army, the terrain feature, it's "hosts", battalions, magic lore, and special rules. I really want to see how tactical and precise it'll play. Currently I'm playing Maggotkin and am having a hard time not being a beatstick with little strategy other than stick 'em in combat and womp womp.

10 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Call my a cynic but I really don’t think Tyrion is going to be a model. I really hope I’m wrong but no other faction has had 2 God’s in one army before, it’s always just 1 big epic leader guy or gal. 

Yeah, honestly I massively prefer Tyrion to Teclis but I can see this release being Teclis,  generic troops, mountain and river or wind and Tyrion and the other geomantic castes coming later. Really hope I am wrong though 

I'm trying not to have expectations or second guess things at this point.  I'm just enjoying the new models, and will wait for the reveal to see what we get.  At this point, with all of the discussion we've had in this thread, we've all sort of crafted our own perfect armies, which is most likely not going to be what we get.  So from here on in I'm going to enjoy the Lumineth for what they are, not for what I want them to be.  Time to use some old busted Savage Orc models to try out some paint schemes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Call my a cynic but I really don’t think Tyrion is going to be a model. I really hope I’m wrong but no other faction has had 2 God’s in one army before, it’s always just 1 big epic leader guy or gal. 

Idoneth deepking. Eidolon of Maltham aspect of the Sea and Aspect of the Storm. 

I know they are not Gods but is the incarnation of the sea god or something, and I know is the same kit but who knows... And at the same army we can go with Volturnos that is a King too and counts as a named hero.

And we could go with Ossiarchs roling Nagash and Katakros or other mortarch so I can see Teclis and Tyrion on the same army.

They could be like 600 to 800 points so if u wanna go with both in 2k points army is not almost viable...

I'm seeing a lot of talk about certain units representing the elements, however I dont believe this will be the case, the release isnt likely to be big enough to get enough representation in to theme an army with elemental units.While some units may have runes that favour one over another, I think the elemental side of things will definitely be the subfactions/enclaves for the book, with army wide bonuses that represent the elements.

13 minutes ago, Kelsicle said:

I'm seeing a lot of talk about certain units representing the elements, however I dont believe this will be the case, the release isnt likely to be big enough to get enough representation in to theme an army with elemental units.While some units may have runes that favour one over another, I think the elemental side of things will definitely be the subfactions/enclaves for the book, with army wide bonuses that represent the elements.

I can't see us getting every element but they have already shown us a hero devoted to the mountain path and a unit banner implying similar, how many of the paths are to be left and fleshed out in the future remains to be seen but I don't think it's purely an army bonus, probably somewhere in the middle 

• Like 1

So I know you like to remain cryptic on this kind of stuff, but does that mean that Tyrion is part of his own army, or that we've only seen the Teclian half of the Lumineth, and that Tyrion's half is still waiting to be revealed?  Because I would happily buy the new Teclis model, build it and paint, and then spike it into the wall to get a new Tyrion model.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hypephoon said:

I think that, once again, the absence of dragon anything is really worrying at this point. They would have dropped at least a hint by now surely? 

I'm starting to think that Malerion is going to be the Dragon focused faction at this point whilst Lumineth focus on fantastical beasts. Assuming that is at least a year away I might have to look into another faction to play. Kharadons and Bonereapers are looking appealing right now haha.

2 weeks though friends! After then we can all vent at that point.

why would you not reveal a dragon last though?

• Like 1

What do we know? 

Teclis and Tyrion are both part of the Lumineth Realm Lords, but we don't know if Tyrion is part of this release. Teclis is connected to a Moon Spirit, and Tyrion to a Sun Spirit (which likely looks somewhat like a phoenix-dragon)

There are a few sentences in the Slaanesh BT, in which it says that Morathi and Teclis are taking the threat seriously that Slaanesh might get freed soon, but Tyrion and Malerion don't (Tyrion is indifferent and Malerion is disrespectful). Therefore, "Teclis begins to gather armies of his own. He amasses the martial orders of the Realm of Light, and invokes ancient pacts with the Spirits of Hysh to bolster his gleaming war hosts for the new era of conflict to come". 

There are four distinct sub-culture within the Lumineth civilisation, based on four elements. Each of the sub-cultures comes with its own order of mages and warriors.

So far we have only seen basic army models (Wardens, Sentinels, Dawnriders) which likely are shared among the sub-cultures and have both Tyrionic and Teclian aspects. The Dawnriders are more Tyrionic, and special units from the mountain sub-culture.

The heroes and special units we have seen and have been hinted so far, are all from the mountain element. The Stonemage, the "hammer" unit (which has the same mountain rune on its helmet that the Stonemage has), and the bull or horned lion. The fluff also has only been taken from that element ("Lumineth warriors who bonded with the spirit of the mountain would be all but immovable in battle, stoically weathering the tide of enemies crashing against them, while their mages would bombard their foes with stones and crush them beneath rocks.")

The only exception to this is the veiled lady and chalice. 

There will be some major reveals at the Adepticon on March 25th. 

So, is it more likely that they will reveal a major part of the Lumineth (3 out of 4 of their sub-cultures, and Tyrion) at Adepticon and there after? Or is it more likely Tyrion comes later and we maybe get the Teclis themed two sub-cultures (mountain and wind or river)? Or something else? If Tyrion is not part of this release, what could they still show us that wouldn't feel like a letdown for around half of the Lumineth fans? 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So I know you like to remain cryptic on this kind of stuff, but does that mean that Tyrion is part of his own army, or that we've only seen the Teclian half of the Lumineth, and that Tyrion's half is still waiting to be revealed?  Because I would happily buy the new Teclis model, build it and paint, and then spike it into the wall to get a new Tyrion model.

So if you read Slaanesh battletome and community articles,  it is very clear that Teclis and Tyrion are in the same faction. However only Teclis listened to Morathi and decides to take direct action, while Tyrion is too confident in himself and Malerion to do anything. Considering what the twins are used to do in the old world, Teclis' force may be meant to be the vangaurd of whole lumineth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Still really want a new Tyrion model though....😑

I'm sure you'll get it eventually! I really wonder what they want to show us as a "wow effect" if it's not Tyrion in the end. I don't think the bull, lion thing spirit will do that for most people. Or some war-machine. 13 days left : )

Edited by LuminethMage
added quote

1 minute ago, Rhetoric said:

I don’t see how a unit in LRL can be described as “Tyrionic” and have Tyrion not be in this faction.  I just can’t see that.  

Tyrionic can basically be replaced with "martial" I think. Dawnriders seem like they'd be very specifically standing-soldiers because cavalry require extensive training and  logistics support to keep operational, while the wardens and sentinels could be more of a militia-soldier, hence they're both but not fully either Tyrionic or Teclian.

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Tyrionic can basically be replaced with "martial" I think. Dawnriders seem like they'd be very specifically standing-soldiers because cavalry require extensive training and  logistics support to keep operational, while the wardens and sentinels could be more of a militia-soldier, hence they're both but not fully either Tyrionic or Teclian.

All vanari are standing-soldier, they are both Teclian and Tyrionic. However you can argue they are not the truly elite soldiers, which may be  under direct command of Tyrion more often

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

All vanari are standing-soldier, they are both Teclian and Tyrionic. However you can argue they are not the truly elite soldiers, which may be  under direct command of Tyrion more often

I agree. 

But do you think the Lumineth Battletome will mostly be about Teclis doing his special forces thing somewhere, and not about their basic storyline in Hysh? Hysh seems to be still a big mess, and reclaiming that would look like something Tyrion is in charge of. There are a few tidbits about that in the Core Book and also in the Slaanesh BT (one sentence about him fighting some Slaneesh cultists/demons with cavalry). 

Wouldn't the Teclis storyline be more fitting for a book similar to the Wrath of the Chosen One, than a faction BT? I have only 6 of the BT so far, and most are about their realm and what happens there. The only one I can think of which doesn't have much to do with their realm is the Daughters of Khaine. Morathi is of course the other party in the Slaanesh BT who takes the threat seriously, but that BT is really old,  where GW didn't have a lot of things flashed out yet. 

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

why would you not reveal a dragon last though?

Because I'm a selfish ****** who is losing hope haha.

It mostly because I haven't played Sigmar in ages as I've gotten quite bored of my Idoneth and so instead of jumping to another faction already I've been really keen to see where elves are going, and it's been about a year since then 😛 as such I've been hyping myself on dragons for so long that I'm just worried it's not going to be this faction which is going to leave me with the Stardrake as my only option (which is a gorgeous model, I just have no interest in stormcast). 

32 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

But do you think the Lumineth Battletome will mostly be about Teclis doing his special forces thing somewhere, and not about their basic storyline in Hysh?

They will not miss an opptunity to flesh out what happened and what is going on in the mysterious realm

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Having Tyrion trying to sort out Hysh while Teclis goes out to meddle in everyone else's business would be very typical of the Twins, and would be a fantastic way of having both of them included and active in the Lumineth story line.  That kind of renews my hopes for Tyrion still being on the horizon!

To keep your spirits up a bit: 

That chalice lady could actually be also associated with Tyrion. Because the chalice represents him along with the sun in the same way as the moon does Teclis (my assumption). You can see that the Sentinels have either a small moon amulet or a chalice amulet hanging from their belt. The chalice is also on the High Sentinel scabbard. Eltharion also has the chalice on his chest (with the phoenix rising on top of it). One of the Dawnriders has it on his breastplate. 

It's kind of a long shot, her being all blue (just the Teclis color scheme!! : ) ), but maaaaaaybe. 

• Like 1

Intruiging.  A chalice would also be appropriate for Tyrion as he was the epitome of an Elven Knight.  Good catch!

That's also an interesting observation about the current color scheme being linked to Teclis, as it involves mostly cool colors, colors usually associated with moon light.  I wonder, if Tyrion's faction does exist, if they have a warmer, more sun light focused color scheme for him?

Man, that was a lot of "ifs" in that pondering....

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 1