Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I love the entire range so far, it's easily my favourite of the new AoS ranges. I only have two quibbles with the models shown so far; Teclis' baggy pants, and the jutting bits on the sides of the mage's helmet. I can get around the former, and I'm betting the latter will look much better at a different angle. Seriously though, that mage sculpt is jaw dropping, even just the way he's (or she's? I genuinely can't tell after studying a close-up) non-chalantly keeping his staff in position without actually holding it. Phenomenal model. 

It's getting to the stage where Tyrion is becoming an after-thought, because holy heck I can't get enough of what little we've seen of the range as it is. The designers have really outdone themselves with the Lumies, though I will agree the paint scheme they chose to highlight, while very reminiscent of the classic Lothern/archetypal High Elf scheme, doesn't necessarily show the real brush potential this army has. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 5

Agree with @Jaskier . It’s a really stunning range and so far for me the managed the compromise between more classic, HE reminiscent units and the more fantastic AoS style really well. That mage is great. it looks like it’s meant to be a female elf.

From the art and also if you look at the backside (very long, braided hair). The latter is from the Gama reveal vid, if you haven’t seen it. You also can have a look at the helmet from more angles. The sideburns look quite ok, when you see how far the go up in front.

Can’t wait to see the rest, in two weeks now we should have the full range. 

F167CBD1-02E0-44D6-9256-3BAC31B88837.jpeg

8CAE2414-AEC9-4E0F-99F2-A8180E14BC44.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jaskier said:

I love the entire range so far, it's easily my favourite of the new AoS ranges. I only have two quibbles with the models shown so far; Teclis' baggy pants, and the jutting bits on the sides of the mage's helmet. I can get around the former, and I'm betting the latter will look much better at a different angle. Seriously though, that mage sculpt is jaw dropping, even just the way he's (or she's? I genuinely can't tell after studying a close-up) non-chalantly keeping his staff in position without actually holding it. Phenomenal model. 

It's getting to the stage where Tyrion is becoming an after-thought, because holy heck I can't get enough of what little we've seen of the range as it is. The designers have really outdone themselves with the Lumies, though I will agree the paint scheme they chose to highlight, while very reminiscent of the classic Lothern/archetypal High Elf scheme, doesn't necessarily show the real brush potential this army has. 

I'm with you on loving the models. Even the baggy Aladin style pants have grown on me, and I can really see these guys in action compared to my idoneth or other armies. maybe because of the more simple nature of these foot soldiers, compared to the strangeness of the other armies. I agree with the paint job though. The Lothern White scheme doesn't really fit what we have seen so far all too well.

I have to say I absolutely love the archers and the stonemage. Though, the quibble is how the bow would work in real life, I can accept the fantasy design of it more than if it was just a regular modern day compound bow. I love the stone mage now that I saw the rest of the model, and really hope we get more information soon on the abilities. my mind is awash with possibilities!

• Like 2

As some one who dearly loved my High Elves of old, I still really like everything we've seen so far.  While they're starting to show their new identity, especially the Stonemage, everything we've seen so far still really captures the spirit of the Asur of old.

On the subject of the paint job, I think their biggest flaw was they kept it a little too bland.  I think you could make the current scheme work still, there just needs to be an additional color of two to make the scheme pop!

• Like 2

Great to hear that. : ) . Because I would have been really sad if I wouldn't have liked the Lumineth after waiting that long. I'm also thinking about something with silver. But then the one "Zenith Spearman" art with the gold/purple scheme looked great, so I have to see. 

This scheme might also look really good on them: 

• Like 1

I agree, I'm really liking the Zenith color scheme!

Now for the good news/bad news.  After re-reading the article for the umpteenth time, it sounds like we won't be getting any more articles till Adepticon.  But the good news is we'll probably be getting our full reveal then!  So, we only have to hold out 2 more weeks for our new stuff!

22 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I agree, I'm really liking the Zenith color scheme!

Now for the good news/bad news.  After re-reading the article for the umpteenth time, it sounds like we won't be getting any more articles till Adepticon.  But the good news is we'll probably be getting our full reveal then!  So, we only have to hold out 2 more weeks for our new stuff!

...so buisness as usual then? Let's see if we can get another 10 pages before we get everything!

But man, I was drooling over all these models today as I sat in my rome class. I didn't even know the teaser videos showed different angles too. I think the archers have gladi on their quivers too, which is a nice detail. 

I wonder if the hammer squad we'll be getting will be like the Kurnoth hunters, where different weapons mean they do different things. Still, I am eager to know more. It's going to be a long road to adepticon.

• Haha 3

I'm going to distract myself by re-reading the Ragnar Blackmane saga.  And honestly, I like the archers a lot, even the helmets.  They have a very oriental feel which I can get behind.  I also love that the unit champion has a falcon.  In my younger days I used to work at Medieval Times (a US diner-theatre) as the Castle Falconer.  I miss my birds something fierce, so I am going to paint the ****** out of that Falconer Champion!

@Acid_Nine I'm sure we'll manage to do that. We have done this with less to work with. And in a way, the time flew by pretty fast. Just another two weeks.

You are right, they have a short sword on the back of the quiver. I really love the detail on the models. 

It's really cool that the High Warden and High Sentinel (maybe because they also don't have a bow), are in charge of channeling magic while guiding their units. Really fits with elves.

And yeah the Stonemage is great. Also typical high elf thinking, so Mr. Slann you think floating on a chair is special - challenge accepted. The gravity manipulating magic part also sounds great. Might be just throwing rocks or something, but it could also mean something like lifting up units and replace them, or get that old High Magic spell back that could move terrain. And that's just one of the mages so far. 

What I find interesting is, that it looks like they might not have much Light Magic (if GW goes strictly with the elemental theme, Zenith would be fire, not light). The Lumineth have a lot of connection culturally with the Realm Of Light, and also aetherquartz, but beforeGW showed us the range I expected a lot of traditional light focused magic. 

• Like 1

When I first saw the mage I thought far out that thing is going to break easy! And again not so sure about the face sculpt but it has grown on me I've had to come to the acceptance that these aren't the high elves of old. On the other hand the archers are awesome hit the nail on the head with regards to a mix of old and new. 

I agree with some of the points made above about the really slow drip feeding of information I feel like it may have backfired a touch. However if they release a Tyrion model and really smash it out of the park I can see the hype train quickly rolling back in... I have a feeling some really cool things are yet to come hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I think that, once again, the absence of dragon anything is really worrying at this point. They would have dropped at least a hint by now surely? 

I'm starting to think that Malerion is going to be the Dragon focused faction at this point whilst Lumineth focus on fantastical beasts. Assuming that is at least a year away I might have to look into another faction to play. Kharadons and Bonereapers are looking appealing right now haha.

2 weeks though friends! After then we can all vent at that point.

11 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

As some one who dearly loved my High Elves of old, I still really like everything we've seen so far.  While they're starting to show their new identity, especially the Stonemage, everything we've seen so far still really captures the spirit of the Asur of old.

On the subject of the paint job, I think their biggest flaw was they kept it a little too bland.  I think you could make the current scheme work still, there just needs to be an additional color of two to make the scheme pop!

I agree with you.... The Stone Mage is excellent.

I particularly love the "Eltharion" Spirit also... 

Once I own these miniatures and paint them, I doubt whether the details will matter so much.... 

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Great to hear that. : ) . Because I would have been really sad if I wouldn't have liked the Lumineth after waiting that long. I'm also thinking about something with silver. But then the one "Zenith Spearman" art with the gold/purple scheme looked great, so I have to see. 

This scheme might also look really good on them: 

Wow! That colour scheme is really something.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hypephoon said:

I think that, once again, the absence of dragon anything is really worrying at this point. They would have dropped at least a hint by now surely? 

I'm starting to think that Malerion is going to be the Dragon focused faction at this point whilst Lumineth focus on fantastical beasts. Assuming that is at least a year away I might have to look into another faction to play. Kharadons and Bonereapers are looking appealing right now haha.

2 weeks though friends! After then we can all vent at that point.

Yes, hopes for my "Dragon - inspired - knights ' are looking a bit forlorn now.... 

• Sad 1

If our ' aspect warriors' turn out to be two dual boxes what are you all expecting? I can kinda see wind and zenith being some sort of flying unit and mountain and river being elite infantry?

I'm actually really hoping there are mountain Hammerers now, especially if they can cast rock spells as well as hammering things..really hope the aspect warriors are like Jedi that have some magic and martial prowess

I wonder if we'll actually be getting units to represent each caste.  Somebody memtioned that Teclis and Tyrion might represent the only things from "Zenith" since that's supposed to be above them all.  The Hammerers and Stonemage obviously take "Mountain."  That might just leave us with "Wind" and "Water."  I could see the Veiled Damsel being our "Water" piece, especially as her chalice seems to be giving off some sort of fog.  Which would leave us with "Wind."  Assuming they are bringing a Swordmaster like unit back, and that said Swordmasters are not now "Hammer Masters," I could see them being our "Wind" unit in a dual kit with the Hammerers.

Tricky question. Hammerers as the Mountain aspect are pretty much confirmed (if we are not all wrong about that picture).

I’m sure there will be Swordmasters. You can’t have a Teclis nostalgia faction which you liken to zen warriors and then not include Swordmasters. Wind is likely, yes (quick movers), but you could have them represent any of the others. If you need the wind aspect for flying units, water (flowing movements, calm & storm) also would fit, and of course if you ask Teclis, they represent the zenith of aelven sword culture, the zeniest of zen warriors. 

With all the Phoenix references, flying units (wind or zenith) could be some Phoenix related thing. Maybe they just incorporate the Phoenix Temple in that way. Give Tyrion a cool/hot Phoenix-dragon and the Phoenix Temple as his zenith (fire) sub-culture. The Ur-Phoenix, which conveniently is placed in Hysh, could be easily identical to the Sun Spirit. If Zenith is not represented by T&T themselves.

As much as I would like it, I have a hard time imagining that GW provides 4 full new sub factions each with a new mage/hero, special unit and a monster plus all the rest for the Lumineth. 

I thought the veil lady maybe represents wind because of the veil and the coal chalice she holds with the smoke or whatever that is. But water would also make sense. 

9 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I thought the veil lady maybe represents wind because of the veil and the coal chalice she holds with the smoke or whatever that is.

Has it been shown somewhere that she’s holding the coal chalice? I thought the pictures being together was just to illustrate that the wind is blowing the same direction.

Looking closer at the veiled lady it looks like she has something behind her (wall or structure of some kind?). I wonder if there will be a diorama style model? Or maybe it’s a war machine? 

• Like 1

It’s not 100%, but if you look at the chalice, you can see a hand and arm which seem to match her clothing. And if you look on the right side of her head you can see something at least similar to the chalice. And the weird hair dress looks also a bit similar to the stuff inside the chalice. 

Edited by LuminethMage
Forgot something