Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

15 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

While I like where you are going with the divergence of elements, they did mention in the article that the plaques on Teclis' belt are there because he's mastered all of the elements.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Lumineth rules will have elemental marks, similar to marks of chaos (mark of nurle,khorne,etc)🤔

I'm liking the archer armor, I just wish we knew the design idea behind 3 top strings and ONE bottom string... the mage looks dope af.

23 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I like the helmets of the archers. Reminds me of different bronze age helmets

definitely wondering from what armies they got inspiration from!

My only problem now is I'm not sure if I feel skilled enough to paint these :/

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The awkward S-Toy-shaped helmets are killing it for me ....

and yeah, the bull mage would is cool, if you can change the head.

not a if, but a how much work to change the head. always can its just plastic, cut and greenstuff or kit bash... but yes I agree.... I dont mind the body and armor of a lot of the models, I dislike almost all of the heads and helms that have come out.

it also looks like the archers will be a separate kit, which sucks for our wallets, as long as they are not build too monopose we might be able to kit bash to make them a bit more unique.... they said in the article that they were easy to make them all unique but then the picture of them.... they are all the same pose and same look almost to a T. I mean It honestly looks like they took one picture and photoshopped it 9 times around the leader guy.

but damn I cant say it enough, the helms on these guys and all the head swaps I am going to be doing almost is enough to turn me off to the army.... then I tell myself.... come ooooonnnn its high elves.... just do the head swaps lol! then of course they might grow on me. but right now I am thinking old high elf or AoS Cities bits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr2spyderguy said:

but damn I cant say it enough, the helms on these guys and all the head swaps I am going to be doing almost is enough to turn me off to the army.... then I tell myself.... come ooooonnnn its high elves.... just do the head swaps lol! then of course they might grow on me. but right now I am thinking old high elf or AoS Cities bits.

Same xD

Sadly, and I really don’t know why, the more I see of these guys the more I feel I’m losing interest. I like the look of the units so far (though that mage’s hat... wtf is with the muttonchops?) but I just for some reason find myself not caring :C.
Help me! I’ve been waiting for updates high elves for years! And now they’re coming out I’ve lost interest...

• Sad 1

yea, the bronze age style helmets are not for everyone, but it still fits in with the greco-roman style they have going on. It's kind of interesting how their are melding ancient European stuff with what looks like asian influences though, I have to say I want more.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Sadly, and I really don’t know why, the more I see of these guys the more I feel I’m losing interest. I like the look of the units so far (though that mage’s hat... wtf is with the muttonchops?) but I just for some reason find myself not caring :C.
Help me! I’ve been waiting for updates high elves for years! And now they’re coming out I’ve lost interest...

I think there may be a disconnect between what you imagined in your head and it's style compared to what we're getting. some kind a 'Hype-nosis' where you have an image in your head, and when you think about what they will be to you then you get disappointed when you see the models. or not, I dunno.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think there's a couple things going on here beyond just the quality of the models or personal taste.

For one, I think the default color scheme is kind of terrible-it looks neat at first glance, but when you really stare at the models the white cloth over white armor look really flattens out details and makes it hard to discern what exactly is supposed to be armor, ect.

This is compounded by the drip feed schedule allowing everyone to ruminate about what exactly they don't like about 1-2 models for a month at a time.

I also feel the combination of mostly classic design with weird OTP details thrown in (three string bows, ect) is subtly jarring. No model we've seen so far is quite what anyone would have expected, in either direction.

All that said, I still feel this army will be one of my favorites in the end. I just really want to get to the point where I can take in the army as a whole and see some alternate paint schemes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr2spyderguy said:

not a if, but a how much work to change the head. always can its just plastic, cut and greenstuff or kit bash... but yes I agree.... I dont mind the body and armor of a lot of the models, I dislike almost all of the heads and helms that have come out.

Same...

the loss of interest is definitely because of having too much hype coupled with staring at drip-reveals. like @madmac said the color scheme is also quite...weird as it only has one base hue with only the details picked out. Even the Hammers of Sigmar feel like they have a better default scheme and they use way too much gold.

i didn't really even have much expectations for this army, but again, madmac hitting the nail:

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I also feel the combination of mostly classic design with weird OTP details thrown in (three string bows, ect) is subtly jarring. No model we've seen so far is quite what anyone would have expected, in either direction.

i do hope we can somehow communicate to GW that this drip-feed business is backfiring a bit. I understand not revealing everything at once but...maybe they should go back to the PR board for pre-release info. however, i've also only been back into any Warhammer stuff for 1-2 years and don't know if this is par for the course.  OBR was a little slow but idk, maybe it felt better than this because I'm not invested in Death loool

Hang in there people... The best is yet to come... 

Sure, there is a clash between hype and reality but the Lore is brilliant and inspiring....sure, some of the details might suck a bit, but if the Lore inspires we can make something beautiful out of it....? 

I'm wondering if the elemental spirits they keep referencing will take the form of Lumineth Endless Spells. 

Since GW has started moving in the direction of bound spells recently, it would be a solid way of including them on the battlefield.

Edited by OkayestDM
Spelling.