Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

18 minutes ago, willange said:

Malerion could easily be the winged elves since he's apparently part dragon.

First - GW mentioned Tyrion's winged aelves. Second - Malerion didn't fused with his dragon. That was a false rumour from the beginning of AoS.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, michu said:

First - GW mentioned Tyrion's winged aelves. Second - Malerion didn't fused with his dragon. That was a false rumour from the beginning of AoS.

I was referring to this depiction of him.

The_New_Aelven_Pantheon.jpg

And honestly this picture could mean that both will have winged aelves of some sort.

Edited by willange

I have to agree with @CommissarRotke, just because something is discribed as angelic doesn't automatically mean they have wings.  The actual line says "angelic creatures of reason."  That actually has a really broad potential of interpretations, and I think what we seen of the Lumineth so far could definitely fit that description.

I do hope we get a robust miniature range.  My wallet won't like it, but my paint brushes will!

• Like 2

From they way they've promoted the Lumineth so far, I don't think we'll see winged aelves. The whole introduction was a long the lines  - this is for people who want to see updated High Elves, not pirate elves, or half-monster elves like the snake girls and tree guys. I also think, the whole "angel" theme is already occupied by the Stormcast.

In addition, as many mentioned "angelic creature" doesn't have to mean "winged creature".

That said, it's likely one of the most, if not the most common association. If there are several mentions of angelic creatures in Hysh throughout several products, there might be one winged aelf unit coming. 

As michu said above it could be that angelic creatures was pointing to the Hysh spirits, but that paragraph in the DOK BT talks about elf souls and from what GW has released so far, it doesn't sound like the Hysh spirits were created from elf souls. I guess, we have to wait and see 😅

@GrimDork Yes, it's likely that it refers to that. They are called holy "eidolons" which are spirits in the ancient Greek contexts, which fits well with the Spirit of Hysh. 

Doesn't mean there couldn't be winged aelves also, but this one would point more to winged spirits (which make sense as we have "wind" spirits among those for example), than to winged aelves. 

Edit:

I doubt that will happen, but eidolon seem to be mostly human-like (aelves in this context) spirits, imagine there would be something like Eltharion in his new form, but with added wings.... . I think more likely are spirits similar to Celennar though. 

Edited by LuminethMage

Interesting.  I have to agree that it sounds like the spirits of Hysh, rather than actual aelves.  Also, they're referred to as "eidolons," which so far in AOS has been a being that is a gestalt of either beings or concepts.  Much as I like the concept, I think that may be something for potential later releases.

In the mean time, I have bought a thing!

20200306_084634.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, Aelfric said:

If we do get them, I think it will most likely be as Endless Spells.  They would be cheaper to produce, though not so detailed, and fit the bill for summoning Elementals rather than have them as a troop type. Just my thoughts.

I not only like this idea but also feel its super flavorful and would be fun to play against in the fact that you could dispel the summons and therefor not be over powered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr2spyderguy said:

I not only like this idea but also feel its super flavorful and would be fun to play against in the fact that you could dispel the summons and therefor not be over powered. 

Yes, it's the flavour I hope they get right.  It could also interact with the subfactions if they are also based around Elements, with bonuses to cast or a more powerful version, for example, for the Elemental that fits your army, and negatives for the one that is opposite.  Time will tell.