Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Ack, we're dieing off!  If we don't keep the hype train going, GW might have to give us real info in their articles!

Speaking of, what does evryone think will be the topic in the next one since it's so non-specific?  A further look at either Teclis or the Light of Eltharion?  A teaser of some of the army rules?  A further look into the lore?  Tyrion and Alarielle rekindling their romance?  A glimpse into the Aelf Cave, where the Twins keep the Aelf Car and the Aelf Computer?  Let's hear your thoughts!

• Like 3

Definitely, a romance short story about Tyrion and Alarielle! Someone close to GW (as in a friend of a friend who knows of someone who lives somewhat in the vicinity of a Warhammer Store) told me that. 

I guess it will be either the archers (Sentinels) or Eltharion. They've already written a lot about Teclis. Although they could look into the Spirit of Hysh. 

What I hope for is that we get either a look into one of the more outlandish new models, or our first look into the mechanics. Mechanics would be a great way to get us talking about at least a week I think. And then we're almost there, and I might be able to live normally again. 

And then there would be my personal favorite: A close look into the mages and their mechanics. (which has about 0.1% (the optimist in me)  of happening).

Edited by LuminethMage
more typos than usually
  • Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 8:15 PM, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Ack, we're dieing off!  If we don't keep the hype train going, GW might have to give us real info in their articles!

Speaking of, what does evryone think will be the topic in the next one since it's so non-specific?  A further look at either Teclis or the Light of Eltharion?  A teaser of some of the army rules?  A further look into the lore?  Tyrion and Alarielle rekindling their romance?  A glimpse into the Aelf Cave, where the Twins keep the Aelf Car and the Aelf Computer?  Let's hear your thoughts!

Well not much to do but wait another week. We speculated as much as we could, so there is not too much we can think about till the next wave of information. I can say that despite my silence I remain nice and hyped!

• Like 1

I finally got my brush wet for the first time in a couple weeks.  I am looking at my Idoneth now as a practice project of what to do better when the Lumineth come out.

I think at this point the thing I want most is to see what some of the subfactions look like in terms of color schemes, so I can start figuring out what paints I need to get (I basically had to restart my paint collection since my old paints had solidified on me).  Also, I'm going to start experimenting with colors outside of Citidel, some I kinda want a heads up so I can put something on a test mini to get a feel for things.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 1

Finally started painting this weekend, really hoping to get something substantive this next week because painting Stormcast felt good and I'm sitting on a start collecting to exchange for Lumineth...

I doubt we'll see anything new before Adepticon. Probably a short lore expose, hopefully about the Eltharion armor.

I'm starting to test the new (for me anyway) Wraithbone contrast primer for the scheme I maybe want to use for my Lumineth.  I really like how smooth it went on, and I think I like the cream color better than pure white as a primer.  Still not entirely sure, I may like black still as base, as white has been frustrating me with having to really get into small corners to paint shadowed areas.

• Like 1

sp yesterday I got smacked down by an Adepticon Tournament ready hallowheart list, and boy I both hope and dread that we have the kind of magical abilities. Endless spells like the Everblaze Comet, the Bridge, the Geminids and the bridge all being used in conjunction with eachother, and so many AoE spells besides that is just amazing... And also makes for a one sided play experience in all honestly.

Edited by Acid_Nine

The game is not balanced well, I also hope the Lumineth aren’t going to be a one sided force who just lol at their opponent. Most armies at least can be intentionally made to not be nuts which is just fine (If you’re not into the tournament scene). But the recent Ossiarchs I’ve found can’t, which is what worries me. We pretty much know Lumineth will have the capacity to be bonkers, look at every new release ever, but I just hope they are tailorable to give your opponent a good time as well haha. 

Disclaimer: I don’t want to be a Debby Downer, and I love the game, so don’t take it the wrong way!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

The game is not balanced well, I also hope the Lumineth aren’t going to be a one sided force who just lol at their opponent. Most armies at least can be intentionally made to not be nuts which is just fine (If you’re not into the tournament scene). But the recent Ossiarchs I’ve found can’t, which is what worries me. We pretty much know Lumineth will have the capacity to be bonkers, look at every new release ever, but I just hope they are tailorable to give your opponent a good time as well haha. 

Disclaimer: I don’t want to be a Debby Downer, and I love the game, so don’t take it the wrong way!

Oh I walked in with a semi-competative tourney list, so I knew I was getting into some deep stuff. it was still fun, and if I didn't get double turned it would have been a lot closer! but yea, I hope we have a good balance and some great strengths, without having some of the Kharadron problems.

This is one of those topics that is kind of painful for High Elf fans.  The problem is that High Elf armies of old were always tremendously popular, and were also on the higher end of the power scale.  Is this because they were popular that they were powerful, or vice versa?  I'm not saying GW intentionally makes popular armies slightly better, buuuutttt.....

So the interesting question to ask, in light of this history, is if the Lumineth will be inheriting this particular facet of the old High Elves as well.  I mean, we've done 30 pages of conversation with only toothpicks and rubberbands to talk about, so I'm assuming a descent amount of people are interested in them.

And @Acid_Nine, I'm going to assume that, at least with Teclis, we will be able to cause horrendous amounts of magical damage.  Now this might just be me channelling my inner Teclis arrogance as @willange pointed out!

• Like 1

I think the Lumineth at the start will be quite powerful, not only because new armies often are, or because of the HE back in the day, but also because GW likely speculates that there will be a not too small number of  people coming back (like myself) or joining totally new because of them. And it would be not the best thing, if they'd start with an underpowered faction into the game.  

So it's more likely that they'll end up being too strong at first than too weak. 

If they don't have a least one sub faction which is among the best magic factions in the game, I'd be seriously pissed. Doesn't have to be pure damage output, but something they do (either control the phase well, have some interesting mechanics, dispelling above average etc.). 

Which brings me to something else, I've been reading through the old Pointy Aelves thread (yeah, I know, but I need my daily Lumineth fix), and some people where saying back then that a) the range of the Lumineth would be large, and b) there were whisperings about elementals/spirits. 

As we have already seen the Spirit of Hysh, which sounds like the spirit CEO, what do you think, is it possible we see actually 4 types spirits/elementals (maybe two dual kits), and 4 corresponding mages (also dual kits)? Or maybe together (always a mage with a spirit/elemental)? 

Zenith - some kind of phoenix spirit or fire elemental? 

Mountain - maybe a great cat, bear spirit or earth elemental?

Wind - eagle, hawk spirt or air elemental ?

River - Lord Kroak? A salmon? An alligator? Some kind of nymph (need some female stuff too for aelves)? A man-face bull (there was Greek river god who looked like that)? Or water elemental?

Or would that be just way too many models anyway? 

• Like 2

Sadly I think that might be too many models.  It really depends on how they do the kits.  I could see them having maybe the 4 types of mages, with tiny little things you could hang off of them that would differentiate which caste their from.  As for the spirits, they could maybe make one dual kit, with the different pieces maybe making one of two castes.  

What we don't know is if Celennar is all castes at once, or if there is maybe a hierarchy to the castes, and he/she/it is at the top.  If that's the case, maybe Celennar is the only one from the highest caste, the dual kit I speculated on are secondary and tertiary, and the final caste are basically little menial helper spirits.

All of this is just my own spitballing, what does every one else think?

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

As we have already seen the Spirit of Hysh, which sounds like the spirit CEO, what do you think, is it possible we see actually 4 types spirits/elementals (maybe two dual kits), and 4 corresponding mages (also dual kits)? Or maybe together (always a mage with a spirit/elemental)?

If we do get them, I think it will most likely be as Endless Spells.  They would be cheaper to produce, though not so detailed, and fit the bill for summoning Elementals rather than have them as a troop type. Just my thoughts.

• Like 4

I think a ranking system could work, but also an equal but different thing, where each type is suited to a different role.

the Celennar being the leader/highest and most magically orientated being the helper/mount of Teclis

then each element could be a different size with perhaps a phoenix-dragon thingy (Zenith) elemental being the mount/helper of heroes. the mountain/earth elemental being either another mount for a different level of heroe or working as Lumineth's behmoth monster (a giant white lion thingy, as big as a steam tank perhaps). wind elementals being mounts for high ranking 'knights' (eagle cavalry, got to put that somewhere). perhaps swaping the latter 2 (giant eagle riders as the behemoth and lion cavalry as the monstrous cavalry, but i feel swift eagle cavalry and brutal giant lions fit wind and mountain elements better, i am biased tho). water could be some sort of mage hero/mount thingy, mirroring and contrasting the zentith elemental hero/mount similar to how the brutal mountain spirit would contrast the swift wind spirits. 

this is just speculation mixed with wishlisting tho. but if the celennar is a mixture of the spirits. its got the body of the lion(mountain) spirit, the wings of the eagle-wind, the horns of the dragon-phoenix (zenith) and the aelf-ish face of the nymph (water) spirit. But I am doing conspiracy theories level things here. 

its only 22 odd days left to Adepticon, so we won't have to wait (too) long to find out i guess.

*crosses fingers for eagle cavalry/giant eagles*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

If we do get them, I think it will most likely be as Endless Spells.  They would be cheaper to produce, though not so detailed, and fit the bill for summoning Elementals rather than have them as a troop type. Just my thoughts.

I didn’t think of endless spells, good point. 

@Turin Turambar That was what I thought too, if they’d do that. Similar to how the Idoneth are with their mounts/monster. Good point about the Sphinx, that would make a lot of sense. So does the endless spell ides though. 

• Like 1

I don't think we are getting the same scale of release as OBR/Deepkin

- Teclis 

- Tyrion/mounted hero dual kit (or if Tyrion doesn't make it named mounted hero/mounted hero) 

- 4 clampack heroes (one of the them named)

- Spearelves

- Archers

- Cavalery 

- elite infantry dual kit ( Swordmaster/Elves with hammers ?) 

- Monster/bigger monsterish cavalery/infantry/hysh spirits maybe dual kit 

- warmachine/monster

So are still about to see :

- Mounted hero, 3 clampack heroes, archers, elite infantry, monster, warmachine + terrain + spells 

Edited by DantePQ

Luckily I have Star Wars Legion to keep my brain occupied atm. Just been paining some Wookiees :D 

on a related note GW keep talking about them being a huge release so I expect something, at the absolute minimum, the size of the Ossiarchs, but seems possible that they’ll be bigger. 

11 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Or would that be just way too many models anyway? 

My guess is it's 4 different heroes one for each aspect; some could be priests instead of mages, 2 of 4 will probably be more martial but still allow buffs like Loremasters.

Not sure if they'd split mounts up by aspect, especially since they have overlap: a clydesdale horse would be "mountain", while an Arabian would be "wind" or "water", etc. Monsters I could see maybe being aspected but again we had 2 different phoenixes so unless this release is huge, idk if we should expect the Aspects to be outside of subfactions and magic at this point...

Edited by CommissarRotke

5 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

That would be one heck of a release.  Anything in particular that makes you think it will be so large?

It won't be so large -  it will be release like OBR and Deepkin

1. Teclis - Katakros - Aspect 

2. Mounted hero - Liege/Arch-Kavalos-Akhelian King/Volturnos 

3. 4 Clampack heros - Volkmortian/Boneshaper/Soulreaper/SoulMason - Tidecaster, Lotann, Soulscryer, Soulrender

4. Spearelves - Mortek Guard - Thralls 

5. Archers - Reavers 

6. Silver Helms - Deathriders - Eeels 

7. Elite Infantry - Stalkers

8. Monster - Leviadon - Harvester 

9. Warmachine - Crawler - Allopex 

So it would be slightly bigger then Deepkin (one unit of elite infantry more) but almost exactly as big as OBR (actually OBR also got access to Nagash, Arkan and Morghasts). So it's quite safe bet to be in that ballpark size wise. 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 2

So I wonder that if this faction isn’t the winged angel elves, what will be? Kinda curious that we haven’t had any more discussions about it so far, as I feel once Tyrion is released then the winged elves won’t be as prevalent. And, if the winged elves come out I wonder if they will come at the cost of eagle Calvary or something.

33 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

So I wonder that if this faction isn’t the winged angel elves, what will be? Kinda curious that we haven’t had any more discussions about it so far, as I feel once Tyrion is released then the winged elves won’t be as prevalent. And, if the winged elves come out I wonder if they will come at the cost of eagle Calvary or something.

Malerion could easily be the winged elves since he's apparently part dragon.  Plus that faction would probably have some version of shadow daemon, and I have to imagine that those elements will be infused in the aelves themsaelves to some extent.