Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Hello, I Have come once again to extol the virtues of the lord reagent  And wardens

played a game against night haunt and he was pretty much key for allowing my 20 man wardens to both attack and defend. One squad pretty much folded up an entire flank and won me the game after I fully buffed them with ethereal blessings, G power of hysh, speed of hysh (cast from archers) and an all out attack from him following them around.

Also helped to kill a unit of blade gheists before they slaughtered my wardens.

Now if only the books will treat wardens with the respect they deserve...

25 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Out of interest, has anyone had a chance to play Alumnia yet? If so, what’re your thoughts on them?

I have run a handful of test games against my DOK. it's pre-game move can be helpful either to capture ground with wardens or try and re-deploy to counter your opponent. The command ability to run and charge is useful to get things like stoneguard into combat faster with their 4" move. The waystone can be a get out of jail free card should a Scinari get caught in melee but it won't always work. as for the Command trait, it, ok at best. 1MW on a 2+ is fine but not winning any prizes.

Just now, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Yuviel Lightbringer All of your statements are true.  But as someone who watched the X-men cartoon extensively as a child, I have an unhealthy attatchment to people who shoot lasers out of their eyes.  When I finally get to my Lord Regent model, I am totally painting a glow affect around the eye sockets!

I see great minds think alike. I painted my lord regent with yellow eyes for that exact purpose.  😀

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, JustAsPlanned said:

Out of interest, has anyone had a chance to play Alumnia yet? If so, what’re your thoughts on them?

Yes I had a game 2 days ago against legion of Nagash. And I liked a lot this nation!! The extra move was great. I played no sentinel. Being able to move wardens to take quickly objectives without breaking shining company and just wait enemy charge is awesome (specially with the extra -1 to hit from Avalenor, thanks to the folk who advise me that). Being able to move the dawnriders of 42+3D6 is awesome.

the game was pretty easy for me. But please note it was a 1000pts game. Maybe with more points it become difficult to keep the bubbles properly!

On 4/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, Yondaime said:

Yeah you are right, its a really solid city

i  should have elaborated better that statement

since syar won a lot of tournament at the beginning everybody and theyr mom went full syar

i often read a lot of tournamet report because i like to see were all is going, and 80% of the list are the good ol' syar auralan legion, the some zaitrec outsider and the only ymetrica lista that i saw was teclis and the alarith batalion, i never seen somenthing much different (maybe ymetrica+ sentinels, or some more elaborated zaitrec)

its not wrong, i am not saying that, and at the end people bring the most performing list that they already know its good, but i have the feeling that there is some fear to try some different nation/list and see how they perform at tournaments (and this its for all armies)

Sure thing if people still play the same lists after the new tome it will be very boring xD

Yeah sadly would be very boring, but right now - to me it looks like that’s what’s going to happen (although who knows with AoS3), because none of the new stuff does look really strong compared to the Teclis, Auralan Legion, Endless Spells build.

But if the battalions are gone with AoS3, that alone would cause some changes and make the above build far less good for tournaments). 

Luckily most of us don’t have to play with the most competitive tournament lists, and for others - the nations all look viable, I love my Zaitrec, and had a lot of fun playing with it so far. I’m sure Alumnia/Huron will also have many fans. 

In terms of tournaments, I hope someone will find good alternative lists, without Teclis, would be sad, if you could only compete with Teclis builds - because although it doesn’t really affect most games, the perception will be colored by it. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, JustAsPlanned said:

The pre-move was game-changer, denying early ennemy alpha strike or helping putting Horses in cover.
The artefact was meh.
The command ability made me won the game, otherwise i was unable to capture an objective.
I forgot the general trait.

• Like 2

Just played a Tournament with the following list.

Syar

Teclis
Cathallar 
Lord Regent - General
Severith
Wardens x20
Wardens x10
Sentinels x20
Shrine Luminor
Spell Portal
Sanctum

Took 2nd overall and lost the finals match by a single wound on Knife to the Heart. Quite literally. Won all other games very solidly. And only lost the final because everything went wrong for me that game. Opponent was making 11+ dispels vs Teclis with no bonuses, Total Eclipse never went off which hurt a lot. Failed Ethereal blessing 3 times. With rerolls. Etc.

My Thoughts:

Teclis with Wind Discipline shores up so many weaknesses we had before. The teleport is absolutely clutch. It's really hard for me personally to build lists without Teclis because his access to all three spell lores just makes him the ultimate toolbox. I actually used the heal spell multiple times. A few times on Severith and a few times on the Regent. 

Severith is insane. His damage output is solid, the mobility is crazy. He just does whatever he wants and unless they have shooting he's untouchable. I charged him in frequently at the corner of an enemy unit to pin them down. And bounced out in their turn. I'm assuming his movement in the enemy shooting phase will be fixed. But even then he will be incredibly difficult to shift without some form of solid shooting. But if his movement like that is intended, he's definitely a unit many armies will need to tech to deal with. 

The shrine is quite frankly awesome. I mostly just garrisoned my Cathallar in there and kept my army within range of her ability in the shrine. Then moved out when needed. Maybe I'm blind, but normally Scenery has deployment rules, we couldn't find them. The warscroll lists nothing. So the TO just ruled as long as I place it in my territory and 3" from other terrain and the same distance from enemy territory as the battleplan states it would be fine. Regardless the 24" spell reroll is nice, and up to 10 free command points is honestly pretty awesome.

Lord Regent with the Sanctum is solid. He tanked an entire KO armies shooting and lived to tell the tale. (-3 to hit, Look out Sir, His native -1, and Sanctum for the additional -1 and +1 save. Giving a 2+ save or 1+ in cover) Add mystic shield and have fun! He just performed well in every game and his mobility lets you put Goading Arrogance where you need it. The utility from Greater Hysh spell is awesome. His damage output wasn't all that but as a support unit and distraction piece he's great. Might try him not as the general so I can give him a different relic. Syar is nice as it lets you use an Aetherquartz if you need it and still benefit from his ability. 

Sentinels are sentinels and the Guided Arrow spell is awesome on them. 

Wardens are as ever a core unit. 

Spell Portal with Teclis is an auto include for competitive play. 

But I want to try a Helon list with 30 Roo Riders and two wind spirt. Might be fun, probably not ultra competitive but it would be a good time with all the movement shenanigan's. 

Edited by Mesi
  • Like 4

So... I've read the two parts of broken realms morathi. One part was about the idoneth and an artifact that they didn't want to get loose because it could lead to Teclis finding them.

It's stated that Teclis wanted to genocide the whole idoneth faction in the lrl book, and other spots but Tyrion and Celenar? Stopped him.

My question is, why can lrl ally idoneth? It doesn't make sense lorewise. Or is it because it's just Teclis they dislike/avoid but the rest are cool?

42 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

So... I've read the two parts of broken realms morathi. One part was about the idoneth and an artifact that they didn't want to get loose because it could lead to Teclis finding them.

It's stated that Teclis wanted to genocide the whole idoneth faction in the lrl book, and other spots but Tyrion and Celenar? Stopped him.

My question is, why can lrl ally idoneth? It doesn't make sense lorewise. Or is it because it's just Teclis they dislike/avoid but the rest are cool?

Something along those lines, yeah. Whilst most Idoneth would rather do a happy jig into Slaanesh’s belly than acknowledge Teclis as anything other than an awful would-be murderer (cause y’know, can’t have Warhammer without a few daddy issues), they don’t have that much enmity with the Loomies.

As for the Lumineth, they tend to see the Idoneth as angry and misguided siblings - sure, they might be ugly, have  awful temperaments, and smell really fishy - but at the end of the day they’re still Aelves and Teclis still made them, so they’re cool. At least, that’s what I got.

Edited by JustAsPlanned
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Celennar was still a moon at that time : ).

There is a BR short story where an Idoneth kills a Bladelord - but before he does they talk a bit about how they fought together against Chaos in the past. Alliances of necessity, basically. You could also imagine several other reasons why they might work together - Idoneth want to prove themselves, Lumineth want to “help” them etc.

• Like 2

So, now for the fun question.  At this point, we almost know the shape of what's happening in BR Kragnos, and we know the players.  The Slaaneshi Twins, Glutous, and Sigvald are on their way to attack Azyr, along with Kragnos and most of the Destruction faction.  Nagash has been handily dealt with by massed laser beams.  With that lead up, the question is:

What is the greater foe that Tyrion is fighting?

All of our traditional foes are currently accounted for, except for Malerion, who we have a sort of armed truce with.  And frankly, I'd be upset if they had it be something as lazy as Malerion.  By all means, have him be the Vegeta to Tyrion's Goku, but that rivalry has been fought already.  So, what do we think brothers and sisters?

I'm hoping for something new.  Something crazy and wild, beyond the scope of what the other gods know.  Something that only Tyrion, as the God of Light, knows about.  And maybe Malerion has to help him, and that's why he hasn't been revealed yet...

I was hopeful that it would be something to do with Belakor's schemes as he is associated with the realm of shadow.  I suspect it will be to do with Newborn and the rise of Slaanesh, as that is the great doom of the Aelven race or possibly a new race.

The point from Lummineth Mage's post about the interaction between the Idoneth and the Lummineth is good.  This is something I would have loved to have seen explored more in the Lummineth tome.  Some of the Idoneth fluff in the black library stuff is really good.  There were factions that viewed themselves as failing Teclis for being flawed/unworthy and that they were striving to be worthy of him, others disliked Teclis but revered Tyrion as the saviour of the race (this is played up a bit in Court of the Blind King).  In the Broken Realms short story there was the interaction between the Idoneth and Lummineth that revealed a little about how they both view each other.  More of this would be great.

From Broken Realms we can see there is still this racial fear among the Idoneth that Teclis will try to wipe them out if he is able to, however they still have this desire to prove that his decision to spare them was the right one.

• Like 3

The series is called Broken Realms, but so far they are very far from broken and one more chapter doesn't feel like enough time to go from the end of Belakor to broken.  I have been wondering whether a new player is about to step into the ring.

Tyrion is supposedly confronting a force far greater than Nagash.  Given that Tyrion has shown little inclination up to now to confront anything, even the threat of Chaos, beyond helping to imprison Slaanesh, it ought to be something potentially realm shattering (as it were) to move him to action.

Given that Kroak has suddenly become a big player in events, perhaps his great plan is nearing fruition. 

Perhaps we may be seeing the return of the old ones.

• Like 1

In BR Teclis we heard Tyrion was heading towards the Pit of Catharthia - which leads to Ulgu. But then we heard before that Tyrion can't exist in Ulgu, so there might be something else involving the Pit. It's after all a very bad place for Lumineth. 

As the Newborns are in Ulgu (at least as far as we know right now) - That would be my obvious guess too. This is the number one threat for aelves, and would fit the "greater than Nagash" part. 

On the other hand - "greater than Nagash" was just what Teclis said at that time - it could be he was just trying to play mind games with Nagash. And he got the expected reaction. 

I don't think it's Malerion. I hope so. That'd be kind of lame in my eyes. 

We probably don't see Tyrion in Broken Realms though. They took him out for a reason. Probably this will be something at  mid or end of AoS 3 when we get into the next story line. So maybe not the Twins, but something totally new. 

• Like 2