Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I hope I can get my army list to work sometime soon. I’ve been having a hard time thinking up counters to some list, and especially following through a fight once I lose my wardens. I almost think they are over costed if that makes sense based solely on how fast they can die, but that may just be me being used to having 4 wound each eels.

5 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

I can confirm. Spells from the Lore of Hysh can be taken by Teclis, Scinari and Vanari wizards. As of the new tome. 

So, basically, what your saying is that having the first battletome and BR: Teclis doesn't give you all the rules to play LRL. I do not have the new battletome and now I'm wondering if there's anything else I'm missing.

11 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

So, basically, what your saying is that having the first battletome and BR: Teclis doesn't give you all the rules to play LRL. I do not have the new battletome and now I'm wondering if there's anything else I'm missing.

What is the wording in the BR: Teclis? Or has it not got that updated in there?

I could see them doing an FaQ, just for peeps who don’t have the tome. Or, knowing GW, they’ll leave it so peeps need to get the new tome anyway.

I’m not really sure what else could be missing though, looking through. The Artefacts/Command Traits maybe? In the original tome it was either for the Cathellar or the Stonemage specifically. They’ve been redone now to be given to Scinari and Alarith heroes in general, (plus the 2 new selections for Vanari and Hurakan heroes).

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

What is the wording in the BR: Teclis? Or has it not got that updated in there?

I could see them doing an FaQ, just for peeps who don’t have the tome. Or, knowing GW, they’ll leave it so peeps need to get the new tome anyway.

I’m not really sure what else could be missing though, looking through. The Artefacts/Command Traits maybe? In the original tome it was either for the Cathellar or the Stonemage specifically. They’ve been redone now to be given to Scinari and Alarith heroes in general, (plus the 2 new selections for Vanari and Hurakan heroes).

The artifacts and command traits have been updated.  The thing is,if something is missing from BR: Teclis how am I supposed to know it's missing?  So, I am reliant on those who have both to see any discrepancies.  Also, if an opponent wants to see a rule, what do you say - "well, it's not in either of these books, but I am reliably informed that the rule exists"?  

It really means I will have to buy the new battletome anyway, if only for peace of mind.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

I'm in the same boat. BR: Teclis looks like it has everything, but there may be more oversights like the Lore of Hysh one I pointed out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

The artifacts and command traits have been updated.  The thing is,if something is missing from BR: Teclis how am I supposed to know it's missing?  So, I am reliant on those who have both to see any discrepancies.  Also, if an opponent wants to see a rule, what do you say - "well, it's not in either of these books, but I am reliably informed that the rule exists"?  

It really means I will have to buy the new battletome anyway, if only for peace of mind.

You don’t. :)  There are two mistakes in BR Teclis, which they’ll correct in their FAQ:

- Lore of Hysh not updated to include Scinari

- Calligrave’s spell saying d3 wounds instead of d3 mortal wounds.

Everything else is identical. After the FAQ both books should be 100% identical. 

Still Bad that this happened, and that they didn’t say anything, but you don’t need to buy another book for your peace of mind. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Did they at least update it to remove Light Of Eltharion as per the faq, or is it literally a copy-paste from the first battletome?

Yes, as pictured above the user list is the only thing that has changed.

LoE has been taken off the list and Cathallar has been changed to scinari wizards.

Shame they didn’t add this page to BR Teclis for sake of completion.

Vanari Lord Regent - 150

Scinari Loreseeker - 160

Severith - 300

Wind Mage - 120

Wind Charger x 5 - 120

Wind Charger x 5 - 120

Wind Charger x 5 - 120

Vanari Sentinels x 20 - 280

Vanari Sentinels x 10 - 140

Starshard Ballista - 100

Vanari Bladelords x 5 - 120

Command Point - 50

Hurakan Temple Battalion - 180

Prismatic Pallisade - 40

2000/2000

Probably a pretty strong control based list. Looks to win on objectives and denial, not brute strength. Use the ranged mortal wound access to target key heroes and take away your opponent's dangerous force multipliers. 

The Loreseeker and his bodyguards can screen an objective on their own for a turn or 2, while the battalion can use their abilities to move out of combat to prolong a move block. Pallisade is a simple way to set up a screen for the Wardens, but also serves to exacerbate the move block and safety of the Loreseeker.

Severith rounds out the list as a mobile, offensive force that works without support of his own. Make the opponent choose between allocating his army to the wind riders, or sending an inordinatly proportioned force toward Lore boy. They lose if they don't remove him decisevly, and if they do, you slam everything at a section of their army. 

Seems incredibly promising, though I doubt this is the most effecient version. Go nuts and have fun. 

Edited by Nasrod
Swept away the salt.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I still haven't got my orders :/... Seems to be some from Germany to the nordics and my order from gw itself seems to still be stuck in the UK...

I'm glad that the models finally have plenty of options to be built, compared to the first announcement about the models in the pre-order package last year. 

I guess gw actually did listen to us.

The article about being the fastest army felt a little bit sad... Especially about the air elemental, being able to move like 50 inches twice....

I wouldn't probably like to play against that

guys is there anyone who has tried out the windrunners in an actual game yet? I listened to warhammer weekly and the honest wargamer and they all talk about the windrunners ability to effectively lock down the opponents units. maybe I'm not experienced enough but personally I really don't see how u can make that work in practice and still be points efficient? maybe someone can explain it?

I understand mechanically how 2 units of windchargers can 2.9" an enemy unit in isolation, but that requires 2x130pts (+maybe the 180pts battalion), and the opponent should very easily be able to clear them with some shooting or a 2nd unit flanking them, I mean they are pretty fragile... And although they could probably hit on the charge without taking much dmg back due to "pile out" and hit with 3" weapons, they don't seem to do much dmg in melee so would seem way less efficient than charging the same unit with some hammer unit that uses the "slay enemy models with damage"-mechanic in order to achieve the same goal of not taking much damage back

I'm honestly puzzled by this one...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, woolf said:

guys is there anyone who has tried out the windrunners in an actual game yet? I listened to warhammer weekly and the honest wargamer and they all talk about the windrunners ability to effectively lock down the opponents units. maybe I'm not experienced enough but personally I really don't see how u can make that work in practice and still be points efficient? maybe someone can explain it?

I understand mechanically how 2 units of windchargers can 2.9" an enemy unit in isolation, but that requires 2x130pts (+maybe the 180pts battalion), and the opponent should very easily be able to clear them with some shooting or a 2nd unit flanking them, I mean they are pretty fragile... And although they could probably hit on the charge without taking much dmg back due to "pile out" and hit with 3" weapons, they don't seem to do much dmg in melee so would seem way less efficient than charging the same unit with some hammer unit that uses the "slay enemy models with damage"-mechanic in order to achieve the same goal of not taking much damage back

I'm honestly puzzled by this one...

Both shows exaggerate. In order to make use of the Batttalion you need either Sevireth or the Windmage to be wholly within12 inches of the windchargers and that limits quite a lot what you can do with the battalion. And the windmage can die quite easily from afar crippling this strategy quite easily..

After some time I believe the windcharger fashion will subside..

Edited by Siegfried VII
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Both shows exaggerate. In order to make use of the Batttalion you need either Sevireth or the Windmage to be wholly within th ewindchargers and that limits quite a lot what you can do with the battalion. And the windmage can die quite easily from afar crippling this strategy quite easily..

After some time I believe the windcharger fashion will subside..

yeah I think you are rigth in this

• Like 1

Looking to maybe jump into lumineth after the new release and was looking at a making a semi-competive alumnia list to play with friends at club with all the models that I like the rules and aesthetic of and I was wondering what people thought of it

Vanari Lord Regent – 150

Ellania and Ellathor – 260

Light of Eltharion -220

Loreseeker – 160

Wardens x 20 – 240

Wardens x 20 -240

Dawnriders x 10 – 260

Windchargers x 10 – 260

Ballista – 100

Twinstones – 30

Sanctum – 30

Command point -50

The lore idea behind this army is that it would be an advance vanguard legion under the command of the lord regent that is highly mobile and operates independently of most other lumineth armies and often provides support to and works with the wandering heroes of lumineth as a targeted strike force.

Edited by idn0971
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, idn0971 said:

Looking to maybe jump into lumineth after the new release and was looking at a making a semi-competive alumnia list to play with friends at club with all the models that I like the rules and aesthetic of and I was wondering what people thought of it

Vanari Lord Regent – 150

Ellania and Ellathor – 260

Light of Eltharion -220

Loreseeker – 160

Wardens x 20 – 240

Wardens x 20 -240

Dawnriders x 10 – 260

Windchargers x 10 – 260

Ballista – 100

Twinstones – 30

Sanctum – 30

Command point -50

The lore idea behind this army is that it would be an advance vanguard legion under the command of the lord regent that is highly mobile and operates independently of most other lumineth armies and often provides support to and works with the wandering heroes of lumineth as a targeted strike force.

Dunno how mobile that many wardens and ballista would be in actuality. If you wanna have more fluff maybe remove a few wardens two to get a wind mage? At least until you only have bare minimum for him, to truly keep with a mobile theme

Edited by Acid_Nine

+++ Mod Hat On +++
A nudge at @Nasrod (as well as anybody else thinking of doing anything similar). I know what you said was part in jest but please remember that a lot of people in this topic just want to talk about one of their favourite armies. They don’t really want to see comments about their army being negative and I think how the world is still, it’s nice to have a sanctuary to go to.

Also I’ve been playing GW games for over 25 years and I’m pretty such things will work themselves out. With Broken Realm books, there’s a feel of new edition coming, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see other armies being similar when they get done or updated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7