Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Bladelords, then send pics! Then the Regent, then more pics! I shall live through you guys while I torture myself by only buying more when I have finished painting what I have. K thnx byeeeeee!

I have 7 sentinels, 10 wardens, 5 Dawnriders, Teclis and the endless spells (and most of the endless spells from the malign portents?). And some terrain too...

But Im waiting on two new heroes and 5 blade lords!

• Haha 1

Going to work on building 10x Bladelords, and getting supplies for their color scheme in the meantime.

Read through the tome today, and will say that Helon is my favorite Great Nation from a lore perspective. I also love their color scheme, which I'll replicate across my new lumineth army. Their rules are great too, so just wins all around 🙂.

This is the list that I'm thinking of committing too first. I call this list, Brave, Brave Dudes.

unknown.png

Calligrave once per battle ability - Lumineth units do not take battleshock within 9" of selected point, and add 1 to casting, dispel, and unbind rolls for all wizards within 9"

Bannerblade - Usually add 1 to bravery to units within 18"

Add 3 instead of one if Bannerblade is within 3" of enemy units

Also once per battle -1 to hit within 18" after rolling for each enemy unit and rolling less or equal to current battle round

Scinari Cathaller, 2+, selected lumineth unit does not take battleshock. Also, lumineth casulties are added to the nearest enemy unit's battleshock test.

Lord Regent is there for the Greater Power of Hysh, once per battle giving D3 units the Power of Hysh spell

It's a 4 drop list, which I'm happy with, had to take 2 battalions.

Basically, use that free 6" pregame move, locked in shining company for the passive -1 hit, and let the enemy crash against the bulwark of our stalwart aelven defense.

Bravery is buffed quite a bit in a number of ways across the board, and there are two additional ways to grant an additional -1 to hit aura for units within a bubble.

Blade Lords battalion makes them a bit more efficient with rerolls of 1s to hit.

They are there to protect the mages, and push back any breakthroughs or flank attempts.

Or least keep the mages alive another turn.

But yeah, that's about it, the teleport relic can be useful on some bladelords too in the later stages of the battle.

Lastly, the Calligrave would be the guardian for the Luminor Shrine.

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Something hilarious that I noticed reading Broken Realms: Teclis is that in the Cities of Sigmar rules for  Settler's Gain, some of the artifacts they can take are lesser versions of Lumineth artifacts:

Phoenix Stone => Heart Stone
Silver Wand => Silver-Plated Wand
Blade of Leaping Gold => Blade of Leaping Bronze

Pretty on-brand for the Lumineth to give the human settlers second rate artifacts!

Edit: Also, all the spells in the Lore of Lumination are lesser versions of the Lore of Hysh:

Solar Flare => Drain Magic
Protection of Hysh => Shield of Light
Lambent Light => Illuminate

Hilarious!

The Command trait (Raging Outburst) is in the same way, the general finally cracks under the constant lectures of the Lumineth (looks like even in battle there are some around who tell him what he’d could have done better), and goes full on berserk. : ) 

It’s really thematic and fun.  

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Caladrath said:

Now then, where to begin...

IMG_20210403_164659.jpg

Dude!!!  So awesome. While not quite as much, I too did a thing... and still waiting on my second set of : Bladelords, windchargers, and ballista. And no Shrine avail here (US) yet. So. Much. To. Paint.  😱🤯😎 

52AD679E-EB79-43F0-A826-719572ED5885.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

48 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Is it worse than the banner for the Dawnriders?

You know, of all the things that made the Dawnriders a test of willpower I don't recall that as being so bad.  Maybe because I was blinded by the moldlines.

So, probably yes?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Austin said:

I just finished assembling Sevireth, and all I can say is- put on your big kid pants before that one.

Thanks for the warning. I haven't bought him yet as I have vouchers for my FLGS waiting from Christmas and want to wait til they're open again - April 12th is looking likely, so not long.  

Have you assembled it completely, or in sections for painting?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Thanks for the warning. I haven't bought him yet as I have vouchers for my FLGS waiting from Christmas and want to wait til they're open again - April 12th is looking likely, so not long.  

Have you assembled it completely, or in sections for painting?

I assembled it completely, but I usually do with the exception of shields on cav models (for the most part).

The model is very wide open for painting even assembled, which is probably what makes it so frosty to put together.  You have a bunch of the wind and ribbon parts that you need to scope out before and find good places to apply pressure without bending other things.  I think it will be much easier when I do the second one, but it is definitely a model that you have to think about a lot before and during the process.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Austin said:

You have a bunch of the wind and ribbon parts that you need to scope out before and find good places to apply pressure without bending other things.

Speaking of the ribbons, do you think it is possible to leave off some of them and still retain stability?  When I look at the picture I feel like they get in the way of seeing the actual Fox Spirit and I find that slightly frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Speaking of the ribbons, do you think it is possible to leave off some of them and still retain stability?  When I look at the picture I feel like they get in the way of seeing the actual Fox Spirit and I find that slightly frustrating.

Unfortunately not. The ribbons are the only connection points, and if you try to remove some it would require a pretty significant modeling putty commitment to make it look fine. 

The pictures are a bit not representative of how it looks in person.  I haven’t painted it yet obviously but I think the ribbons and wind will not overwhelm the rest of the model. It is really a good sculpt. 

• Thanks 1

thx for the heads up on Severith @Austin  Big Boy Pants at the ready. :)

And opening up some boxes to peruse the instructions and so far there are a few cool alt builds. The Ballista has some, and the bladelords have four for the Seneschal. Which I find very cool!!  W or w/I the helmet.... one or two blades.... different fee/leg stance. 

image.jpg.525464153c14146c85b6e72fe9de7ed9.jpg

im thing of combining 6a and 6b if it’ll let me. 

I did lol a bit when I saw this :

image.jpg.c8335d49d5f129d69f9ec55f613cb429.jpg

where are the HEADS AND ARMS!?!  The have an interesting build process.

image.jpg.54c0a6a8a888cb72dfbecd2c3788d03e.jpg

The Flag is the last piece... so maybe you can decide  not to use them?  And looks like if you want to kitbash their heads in. ;) you can. I might use the other head I have for the Senechal. 

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • LOVE IT! 4

Ooo, I like those alt poses. Are there any for the others? I’m not the biggest fan of this pose (image). But damn, can’t wait to get a box of these utter champs. Such cool models!

Could you possibly also show pics of the alt poses for the ballista too if it’s not too much of a pain? I need my fix! Haha.

35475F8B-562C-47E7-8D16-D0A91EE65E6C.png

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Could you possibly also show pics of the alt poses for the ballista too if it’s not too much of a pain? I need my fix!

Always glad to share the wealth...

looks like the alternate builds are:

for the ballista  person either holding the Ballista with both hands or having a bird in one hand.

for the guard it’s either spear with both hands, or one head in spirit and pointing at the target

nothing crazy but I think fun flexibility 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Always glad to share the wealth...

looks like the alternate builds are:

for the ballista  person either holding the Ballista with both hands or having a bird in one hand.

for the guard it’s either spear with both hands, or one head in spirit and pointing at the target

nothing crazy but I think fun flexibility 

Considering I picked up exactly 2, this is perfect. They're gonna look great.

Man I love how the bladelords look but I just can't get over their rules. Not just how mediocre they are in combat, but just oversights like having sunmetal weapons but no sunmetal rule, not having the seneschal be a wizard, etc. 

I finished the fluff today and holy ******... 

Spoiler

Teclis actually won! I didn't expect nagash to be beaten, but mah boi did it! only things I wish with the fluff is that they made the Wardens seem more useful, as all the awesome moments came from the Aralith, but that is a nit pick. I don't know if bladelords were even mentioned in the story either lol.

I do like the majority of the stories too, I think this was a good read and a good way to show Death finally having a major defeat that isn't "Hah! just as planned!!!1!"

played with the new stuff today in TTS and oh man I wish I had the shrine model. Would have been very useful to get total eclipse off! I need to remember spell priority and put way more thought into target priority too. Played against Daughters of khaine and I only managed to kill a blood cauldron and some witches, but then again I had some pretty rotten luck and poor choices too. I think if I could play it again I would have shot more witches / blood sisters, as those were the two biggest threats in my oppinion. And would have not charged morathi.

8 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Man I love how the bladelords look but I just can't get over their rules. Not just how mediocre they are in combat, but just oversights like having sunmetal weapons but no sunmetal rule, not having the seneschal be a wizard, etc. 

Same here... I have ordered 4 boxes of them (before I knew the rules) and for the life of me apart from having 5 to protect my izards from sniping  or having 10 to teleport and sit on an obective with Loreseeker for guaranteed scoring I cannot  put the in a list in good competitive concience.. Their damage is so bad compared to Wardens that is not funny at all.. They absolutely need sunmetal weapons or dropping to 100pts or else they will be collecting dust on many aelven shelves..

And what hurts me more is that they are so iconic and see them falling so hard from grace.. I mean at this point the Swordmaster warscroll from grand alliance Order is better than them which speaks volumes alone..

I think I will be forever salty about this unit.. 😅

• Sad 3