Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

56 minutes ago, kozokus said:

About assault of stone, Do i understant it correctly that if i cast it on a 3+ save unit, it is useless? What if cast with a fully charged Twinstone, and a couple of more bonuses, Could be devastating to throw15+ dices.

Yes indeed it is useless.

About the trick I thought about it as well but it sounds not viable to me. Imagine you keep your stone counter just for that, and you do 8 on your role = 15 dices (6 from the stone, 1 from zaitrec). On a 5+ save unit, you deal 1MW every 3 dices (exactly the same as sentinels with one spell) -> around 5MW. It looks to me not to so good; It would have been without the restrictions on 1, 2 and 6 I guess.

2 hours ago, Allonairre said:

Teleport spell is amazing on Wardens

Can you please point me to a link refering to the wind spells please?

Atm I am looking at: 

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Zietrec

Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)
Scinari Cathallar (140) Silver Wand, Protection of Hysh, Total Eclipse of the heart
Stonemage (130) General, Voice of the mountain, Crippling Vertigo, Gift of Celenner, Fast learner 
10 Vanari Auralan Wardens (120) Lambent light
10 Vanari Auralan Wardens (120) Ethereal Blessing
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) Total Eclipse
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) Protection of Hysh
5 Bladelords (120)
15 Stoneguard (300)
10 Dawnriders (260) Speed of Hysh
Auralan Legion (120)
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Goldenshower Tower (free)

2k Points, 6 drops
Wanted to fit a seeker but nothing I want to drop

Hey guys, me and a couple of my friends are having a mini tournament and I'm going up against OBR in the first round.

My list is:

Zaitrec

Teclis

2x Cathallar (Silver wand on one, Fast learner and Gift of Cellenar on general

2x20 Wardens

2x10 Sentinels

1x5 Dawnriders

Aurulan legion

Emerald lifeswarm

I'm going up against:

Null Myriad

Arkhan

Liege Kavalos

Boneshaper

2x20 Mortek guards w. blades

1x5 deathriders

1x3 Immortis guards

1 Mortek crawler

1 Gothizzar harvester

Bone-tithe Shrieker

We are playing Scorched earth, I've had trouble against this kind of list in the past. I've usually been very defensive therefore I think I'll have to be more aggressive. I will get to use the new spell lore as well so my idea is to advance quite aggressivly, teleport one unit of wardens, speed of hysh the other and then walk all the other units up. When I'm in unbind range I'll probably use two spells from teclis to make sure to get protection off, then try to force one flank. I think the death riders are my #1 target just to hamper his mobility.

What do the fine people of TGA think?

Do you fine people have any tips or tactics?

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I have got a stupid question: how many attacks does a Truestone Senshal have? Is it 6 because he wields two Stratum Hammers and the Standard Bearer only 3 attacks with one hammer?

Both have 3, but the seneschal gets rerolls for having 2. The profile has the (s) to include plural.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

Defo think that Stone and Wind as a combo with some cheeky stuff sounds good.

Alvalenor

Stonemage

Cathallar

Loreseeker

Spirit of the Wind

3x10 Stoneguard

2/3x3 Roos

Alarith Temple

Not sure of the new points but that’s gotta be pretty close to 2k? Unkillable Stoneguard and you’ll never get to them anyway because the Roos will have you all tied up?

That is exacly what i wanna test on tts! I hope we got new models soon!!!! :)

1 hour ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

Dumb question but i keep seeing lists that have dawnriders listed but not enough wardens? can you take them as an other option even without wardens to match?

Yes you can. You can take as many Dawnriders and Sentinels as you want as Others. But they’ll only be in the Battleline section if you have the same amount of Wardens. 

22 minutes ago, Lucur said:

You do that picture with all models built and painted and i'm impressed :P Totally not jealous or anything...

Don’t you put that evil on me haha. Painting all that will take me a year or more or sure. I’ve still got the initial wave to finish!

I only ordered the Warcsroll cards from this wave as it's the only thing that I may not be able to get later on.

I've got such a backlog of minis to assemble and paint! Got 1000point armies  of deepkin, KO & lumineth to get through plus other misc projects. I'm being strong and not buying more minis until I'm further on with things (or unless it's limited release or a great deal). On a plus side, I've changed my mind a few times now on which nation to go with, so glad I've waited a bit. Currently leaning toward Syar. 

I did pick up BR:Teclis tho as that doesn't count.

Man! Teclis value for points just went up massively with access to the new spell lore.

Edited by GrimDork

You are all a stand-up group of pointy-ears for not mentioning the double Loreseeker boxes I have. 

One day I will be vindicated.  If there is one thing I can count on, it is GW realizing they can make more money and going that route haha.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Austin said:

You are all a stand-up group of pointy-ears for not mentioning the double Loreseeker boxes I have. 

One day I will be vindicated.  If there is one thing I can count on, it is GW realizing they can make more money and going that route haha.

Use one of the Bladelords or Bannerblade’s open faces, and you can make a custom character out of him. 

I had a game today where I tested the Loreseeker, and the Twins etc. The Loreseeker is really fun and basically was the deciding factor for the match.

E9531CA2-CFF9-45CE-9286-DC0D991950C4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Something hilarious that I noticed reading Broken Realms: Teclis is that in the Cities of Sigmar rules for  Settler's Gain, some of the artifacts they can take are lesser versions of Lumineth artifacts:

Phoenix Stone => Heart Stone
Silver Wand => Silver-Plated Wand
Blade of Leaping Gold => Blade of Leaping Bronze

Pretty on-brand for the Lumineth to give the human settlers second rate artifacts!

Edit: Also, all the spells in the Lore of Lumination are lesser versions of the Lore of Hysh:

Solar Flare => Drain Magic
Protection of Hysh => Shield of Light
Lambent Light => Illuminate

Hilarious!

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Something hilarious that I noticed reading Broken Realms: Teclis is that in the Cities of Sigmar rules for  Settler's Gain, some of the artifacts they can take are lesser versions of Lumineth artifacts:

Phoenix Stone => Heart Stone
Silver Wand => Silver-Plated Wand
Blade of Leaping Gold => Blade of Leaping Bronze

Pretty on-brand for the Lumineth to give the human settlers second rate artifacts!

Edit: Also, all the spells in the Lore of Lumination are lesser versions of the Lore of Hysh:

Solar Flare => Drain Magic
Protection of Hysh => Shield of Light
Lambent Light => Illuminate

Hilarious!

There again, they are better at standard Endless Spells - outside of Hysh of course.  Unfortunately, all my CoS models are Aelves, so I shall probably give this a pass.  I have enough on my hands painting Lumineth; no time to spend on humans :) .

• Like 1