Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

What do you think of it ? I might replace avalenor and the windmage for sevireth, and perhaps a loreseeker if he can get artifacts ? if Sevireth get the Helon keyword and not the Ymetrica keyword which doesnt make sense.

The idea is having a tanky center and one unit of 15 windchargers that will get every turn speed of hysh the idea is to do 32 " move shoot charge, kill the target with your range 3" bow then use the helon ability going back to your tanky center, the wind mage will follow them if needed he will charge with them then just put itself in the center of the windchargers unit and flee with them afterward 

31 minutes ago, DaCapo said:

Hey guys I have finally done an helon list xD

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Helon 

Leaders
Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Skyrance grand champion
- Artefact: Silver Wand
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
Hurakan Wind mage (120) 
-Artefact : Metalith dust
-Lore of the Winds : Transporting Vortex

Battleline
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
15 x Hurakan Windchargers  (390)
Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

What do you think of it ? I might replace avalenor and the windmage for sevireth, and perhaps a loreseeker if he can get artifacts ? if Sevireth get the Helon keyword and not the Ymetrica keyword which doesnt make sense.

The idea is having a tanky center and one unit of 15 windchargers that will get every turn speed of hysh the idea is to do 32 " move shoot charge, kill the target with your range 3" bow then use the helon ability going back to your tanky center, the wind mage will follow them if needed he will charge with them then just put itself in the center of the windchargers unit and flee with them afterward 

I feel like with Avalenor the stone mage is kinda auto include to keep him at his top profile 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

I feel like with Avalenor the stone mage is kinda auto include to keep him at his top profile 

I Kinda feel like not really my way of thinking is that against melee army they will never damage him since he is behind and against ranged army he is kinda useless since he will never be at 12 " and if you are agaisnt a melee list with a bit of shooting you can still snipe them with the archers + avalenor shoot + windchargers 🤔

But yeah this way of thinking is the reason idk if I prefer to play Sevireth in the end 

Not sure if this has been asked before... but is there any one who has made Cards with the Command Abilities?  Maybe similar to the cards that came in the Ltd Intro box?  I am hoping to get a wee bit more organized, and maybe remember all these dang spells, CA's, etc.  AoS reminders as an App is really great, but sometimes a card in front of me is better.  Kind of like what X-Wing and Legion do. I've included a pic of my Legion cards to give y'all an idea of what I'm hoping to find...... I'd be willing to print them myself of course... 

41E5F40E-55A9-490D-873A-CDFBB070477F_1_105_c.jpeg.e92d263504365601ead89e3193131593.jpeg

I want to play a dumb list

Stone and Wind
Ymetrica

Stonemage - General
Windmage - Mountains' Gift
Severith
Avalenor

Wardens x10
Dawnriders x5
Stoneguard x5

Sentinels x10
Spirit of the Wind
Spirit of the Mountain

It is dumb, and I can't wait to play it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

Not sure if this has been asked before... but is there any one who has made Cards with the Command Abilities?  Maybe similar to the cards that came in the Ltd Intro box?  I am hoping to get a wee bit more organized, and maybe remember all these dang spells, CA's, etc.  AoS reminders as an App is really great, but sometimes a card in front of me is better.  Kind of like what X-Wing and Legion do. I've included a pic of my Legion cards to give y'all an idea of what I'm hoping to find...... I'd be willing to print them myself of course... 

41E5F40E-55A9-490D-873A-CDFBB070477F_1_105_c.jpeg.e92d263504365601ead89e3193131593.jpeg

AoShorts made beautiful cards for the first Battletome: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zgTfhnrwHDOpDXxBJkPjb6p4SkPvG7ki/view

They likely will update them at some point, but probably takes a while. The Lumineth army box also includes ability cards for everything in the first Battletome. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tolg said:

Any thoughts on this list?

Nation: Not sure yet

Cathallar

Loreseeker

Sevireth

Wardens, 3 units of 10

Sentinels, 3 units of 10

Hurakan Windchargers, 2 units of 5

Rune of Petrification

Auralean Legion

I think it is better to take a unit of 20 Sentinels versus multiple small ones.  Easier to deliver the damage where you want it while doing enough of it to make a difference.

12 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

AoShorts made beautiful cards for the first Battletome: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zgTfhnrwHDOpDXxBJkPjb6p4SkPvG7ki/view

They likely will update them at some point, but probably takes a while. The Lumineth army box also includes ability cards for everything in the first Battletome. 

Dude these are awesome!  Thanks!  I have the ones from the Army Box.  These might be easier to organize/use... and if I can print them small enough, fit in the sleeves!  Now.... anyone have "cards" for all the generic command abilities?

Well, I've found some listings/images of the collected generic CA's, and will try to work them into cards.... but so far so good!!  

Using the Ultimate Guard card pages I have lying around (eventually I'll switch to the compact version for both Legion and AoS), and playing around with Preview (a basic PDF editor on the Mac) I've managed to use the AoS Shorts cards and print them into the right size!!!  These are just B&W plain paper tests, but with a thicker card stock and some color, this might look awesome....A few war scrolls are bigger/"two pages" (The Twins, Lyrior, Sevirith, Dawnriders, LoE, Sentinels, Wardens... yikes)...But the Sentinels turned out OK.

Now I can remember the Lightning Reactions! Or Absorb Despair, or Shining Company..!

And hopefully not lose because I keep forgetting things...LOL...:S

...IMG_1713.jpeg.a5db72cade909e7412fcbe84311d48ac.jpeg

IMG_1714.jpeg.c8159cbfda27b9db80bb4e162b0c01b4.jpeg 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I cannot wait till I get some games in... or have time to paint my archers.

anyone have any practice games with them yet?

Not yet, but I'll have one on Saturday trying to get as many of the new units in for which I have reasonable stand-ins: 

Zaitrec

Leaders

Ellania & Elathor (260) (using Eltharion model)

Scinari Loreseeker (160) (using Mistcaller/Cathallar conversion model)

Scinari Cathallar (140)

Scinari Calligrave (100) (using Myari model)

Alarith Stonemage (130)

Battleline

20 X Vanari Warden (240)

10 x Vanari Warden (120)

5 x Vanari Bladelords (120)  (using Alarith Stoneguard model)

5 x Vanari Bladelords (120) (using Alarith Stoneguard model)

20 X Vanari Sentinels (280)

10 x Vanari Sentinels (140)

Units

5 x Vanari Dawnrider (130)

Endless Spells

Hyshian Twinstones (30)

Sanctum of Anymtok (30)

Eltharion doesn't really fit for the twins (base  size etc.), but I got the ok from my opponent, who is super nice anyway. He'll play a Hallowheart list, so it'll be a mage-off. 

Very excited to these them out, especially the Loreseeker and the Twins. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Very excited to these them out, especially the Loreseeker and the Twins. 

Very candid question : don't have you too many heroes in this list?

Do you have already a plan :  loreseeker setup, 1 wizard close to 1 bladelord unit (but to cast what?), why do you need casting bonus so much (zaitrec+stone)? thanks

Ymetrica seems to have the lowest showings in win percentages amongst the nation abilities, at least from info I’ve seen here.  I personally play the province because I like the special characters and have my own personal background.

I don’t think having more than one big squad of hammer bros 10-15 is worth it.  I use the battalion with Avalenor and a max unit (or even 10 to play with endless spells).  If you do invest heavily in more than one spirit multiple mages seems worth it, and they all still ignore the -2 rend.   With the new teleport spell I see them being much more powerful.  I also think the ballista is worth just the targetable -1 to hit in this force if you’re going to take a few 5 man bumper squads. 

I’ve been backing the army up with a mix of Vanari squads to provide more casting support which compared to the other Lumineth nations is pretty bad actually, I don’t get a lot of spells off because they tend to fail/deny so I’ve also been thinking about trying to switch to a more CP based approach to buffing my dudes.  The wind temple has me super excited because I’ll have less wizards per unit but a few more vectors to do damage from that are more reliable than 10 man sentinel/warden squads.

7 minutes ago, kozokus said:

What is the popular opinion about the whole alarith range? and the Lore of the Peaks?

They seems to see very few play.

So far Alarith-focused Ymetrica builds weren't as good as Syar and to a lesser extend Zaitrec builds. Too slow and lacking any protection against MW. But some mixed builds with Avalenor have done well. And with more units and the new Spell Lore we might see more of them in the future. 

The Lore of the High Peaks has some really good spells: Crippling Vertigo, Voice of the Mountain, Unyielding calm, one good, but situational spell: Entomb, and two meh spells. All in all it's a good lore. Not as good as Lore of Hysh, but nothing to complain at all. 

2 minutes ago, adboyslim said:

Very candid question : don't have you too many heroes in this list?

Do you have already a plan :  loreseeker setup, 1 wizard close to 1 bladelord unit (but to cast what?), why do you need casting bonus so much (zaitrec+stone)? thanks

I want to test as many of the new units as I can, and also based the list on what I have as reasonable stand in units. It's not meant to be a really competitive list. But, I do like mages, so I'll try to incorporate as much as I can. Bladelords - one I want to use more offensively to see how that works for me. 

In Zaitrec, you can take a lot of spells, so there are many options. I also have 2 Endless Spells, so I won't run out of useful spells to cast. Cathallar, Twins have good Warscroll spells you want to cast whenever you can. The Zaitrec spell is also good. The Calligrave is a back up caster for Lore of Hysh so that most of my units can just cast PoH. 

Twinstones are not really necessary, but with all the casters I have, at least my opponent needs to invest in one dispel, or risk not being able to interfere much with my casting phase. The +1 from Zaitrec alone is nice, but I still have failed a lot of spells, and my opponent will also have a lot of unbinds on hand because he plays Hallowheart with several casters. The Twinstones are by no means necessary though, you could speculate for a Triumph instead for example. But with that many casters - why not?  : ) 

• Like 1

So for a bit more of a casual-competitive local environment which of the two aelementari temples would likely be a bit more fun to play?

Stoneguard for swinging big hammers or Windchargers for speeeeed. I'm having quite a difficult time deciding where I want to begin with my lumineth but I know I'd definitely like to go heavier on one of the temples (lovely models) and of course throw in some bladelords because they're fun but I'm not sure if windchargers would be too difficult to get consistent damage out of before they die or if stoneguard would be too slow to do much of anything. If anyone has had experience with units or armies like these I'd love to hear how you found them.

(There's also the fact that I kinda prefer smaller model counts both for ££ and playing reasons)

Edited by Lightbox

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

So for a bit more of a casual-competitive local environment which of the two aelementari temples would likely be a bit more fun to play?

Stoneguard for swinging big hammers or Windchargers for speeeeed. I'm having quite a difficult time deciding where I want to begin with my lumineth but I know I'd definitely like to go heavier on one of the temples (lovely models) and of course throw in some bladelords because they're fun but I'm not sure if windchargers would be too difficult to get consistent damage out of before they die or if stoneguard would be too slow to do much of anything. If anyone has had experience with units or armies like these I'd love to hear how you found them.

(There's also the fact that I kinda prefer smaller model counts both for ££ and playing reasons)

I think I would prefer to play with Vanari + Hurakan Temple units, I like movement and controlling/ dominating that phase seems like an easy win for me. Wind mage for the teleport spell block of Wardens some Wind riders and a couple of blocks of Sentinels for you home objectives would be great, I think. I was also toying with Ymetrica list idea backed up by wind riders and wind mage. Blocks of 15 that you port up the table Turn 1,  holding back the wind riders to tip combats when needed. I would need to get way better to play it well though. Cow and Stone mages just strolling up the middle. 

Teleport spell is amazing on Wardens, anytime you can get them into position to say come at me early is a very easy win. 

Edited by Allonairre

Defo think that Stone and Wind as a combo with some cheeky stuff sounds good.

Alvalenor

Stonemage

Cathallar

Loreseeker

Spirit of the Wind

3x10 Stoneguard

2/3x3 Roos

Alarith Temple

Not sure of the new points but that’s gotta be pretty close to 2k? Unkillable Stoneguard and you’ll never get to them anyway because the Roos will have you all tied up?

The Lore of the High Peaks has some really good spells: Crippling Vertigo, Voice of the Mountain, Unyielding calm, one good, but situational spell: Entomb, and two meh spells. All in all it's a good lore. Not as good as Lore of Hysh, but nothing to complain at all. 

About assault of stone, Do i understant it correctly that if i cast it on a 3+ save unit, it is useless? What if cast with a fully charged Twinstone, and a couple of more bonuses, Could be devastating to throw15+ dices.

Too slow and lacking any protection against MW.

I would say that no one has a good protection against MW in this faction, plus Stoneguard are the best value per wound in the faction. Plus there is now an easy acess to run and charge plus teleport. Although i would be cautious with this one because you really want to stay ww the stonemage and Mootain.

Also, correct me if i am wrong but does the Stonemage stance stack with itself? (i think yes)

Edited by kozokus