Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

With the 1st BT I was thinking I’ll never play the sanctum. 
But with Indiana Jones or new heroes like Twins or regent I guess it becomes very decent?

My question is : can we cast it when the wizard is fighting? How do we place the sanctum : moving the wizard 3’ from the ennemy, or is it just impossible?

And what about the rune? Does it become good with Indiana being able to cast it quickly?

So, i’ve never actually had the chance to play with or against lumineth due to italian local gaming stores being shut down since november but how could a double battalion list (alarith temple and the bladelords one) work alongside sevireth who essentially is the only super mobile threat? Thank you in advance

18 minutes ago, Cullen rothery said:

Somehow managed to roll a 20 to cast a spell with the cathallar o.0 fully charged twinstones and standing next to teclis in a zaitrec list is no joke XD

I did 18 with full charged twinstones+10+zaitrec+arcane.

That’s my record

4 hours ago, adboyslim said:

With the 1st BT I was thinking I’ll never play the sanctum. 
But with Indiana Jones or new heroes like Twins or regent I guess it becomes very decent?

My question is : can we cast it when the wizard is fighting? How do we place the sanctum : moving the wizard 3’ from the ennemy, or is it just impossible?

And what about the rune? Does it become good with Indiana being able to cast it quickly?

In order:

The sanctum becomes quite good, rather than decent. Put it on a Lord Regent to save on 2+, have -2 to hit.

You do not cast it. The sanctum requires you to position it outside 3" of enemy units and with the caster inside, which is impossible if you're locked in combat. You would have to retreat from combat, yes.

The rune... kind of? If you get it off, it can be insane. But it's CV 8. Even with being Zaitrec for the bonuses and using their aetherquartz, if it fails then the runes are kind of wasted 70 points.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

The rune... kind of? If you get it off, it can be insane. But it's CV 8. Even with being Zaitrec for the bonuses and using their aetherquartz, if it fails then the runes are kind of wasted 70 points.

I have really enjoyed the Rune of Pet.  It's been cast in both my games (I play Zaitrec so the bonus' help), and man.... it's a beast.  Took out some big heroes, can't remember which but they had been hit by Sentinels, then the Rune finished it off...  Since it goes off at the start AND end of each movement phase, I dig it!!

Now, question in regards to another Endless Spell:  Prismatic Wall.  Might be a silly one, but can you move through it?  Or does it become like a piece of scenery and you have to avoid/jump/fly over it?

50 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

You do not cast it. The sanctum requires you to position it outside 3" of enemy units and with the caster inside, which is impossible if you're locked in combat. You would have to retreat from combat, yes.

Thanks! But I’m a bit disappointed then.

it means you have to succesful cast it (before charging), pray to not be dispelled. And in oponnent phase you can be conjured. Then as you are locked you canot cast it again...

3 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

I have really enjoyed the Rune of Pet.  It's been cast in both my games (I play Zaitrec so the bonus' help), and man.... it's a beast.

Thanks for the feedback. I really want to test it. But I never seen it in any list. 
And I cannot answer your question. I dont know the rules very well yet! 😀

15 minutes ago, adboyslim said:

Thanks! But I’m a bit disappointed then.

it means you have to succesful cast it (before charging), pray to not be dispelled. And in oponnent phase you can be conjured. Then as you are locked you canot cast it again...

It seems ideal for a Lore Seeker after teleporting onto an objective - you dont want them to charge anyway.  At the very least they'll have to use a spell slot to get rid of it ( unless it's Tzeentch with an LoC).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rawenwing said:

So, i’ve never actually had the chance to play with or against lumineth due to italian local gaming stores being shut down since november but how could a double battalion list (alarith temple and the bladelords one) work alongside sevireth who essentially is the only super mobile threat? Thank you in advance

I think no-one can tell you for sure. It does sound like a workable idea, but you might have to adjust it a bit (maybe add the Windmage with teleport spell to have more mobility etc. 

46 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

There’s a Bladelords battalion? I thought it was just a Ballista one and a Hurakan one?

Yep, it's called the Bladelord Host - 1 Vanari or Scinari hero and 2-3 units of Bladelords. Costs 100 pts, allows units in the battalion to re-roll 1s to hit if they get charged. You probably haven't heard much about it because it seems like most folks aren't particularly impressed by it (nor am I), but if you're set on using multiple units of Bladelords there might be an argument for it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

Yep, it's called the Bladelord Host - 1 Vanari or Scinari hero and 2-3 units of Bladelords. Costs 100 pts, allows units in the battalion to re-roll 1s to hit if they get charged. You probably haven't heard much about it because it seems like most folks aren't particularly impressed by it (nor am I), but if you're set on using multiple units of Bladelords there might be an argument for it.

A CP costs 50 points and I reckon an artifact is probably worth about the same, so if you want more of these and are taking the units anyway, a small rule and lower drops are bonuses really.  (Alternatively, you could take a ballista).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aelfric said:

A CP costs 50 points and I reckon an artifact is probably worth about the same, so if you want more of these and are taking the units anyway, a small rule and lower drops are bonuses really.  (Alternatively, you could take a ballista).

Eh, I suppose. To my mind, if I'm going to take a battalion, I'd much rather take either the Auralan Legion or a Temple battalion if I'm going heavy Alarith or Hurakan. I feel like all of those include the units I'd want to take anyway, reduce your drops more, and have arguably better abilities. But granted, I'm not a competitive player, so maybe people out there will end up proving me wrong! I'd love to have a reason to take Bladelords besides looks.

So, if I were making this list, how would you guys go about adding in a battalion? I posted it a couple pages back and I agree that it’s not the most competitive list, just curious about battalions. I can’t quite fit one in and keep it looking as cool haha. (I’m a weirdo)

Heroes

• Light of Eltharion, Warden of Tor Yvresse (220)
  • Lord Regent Syrielle Nobleheart (150)
  • Calligrave Ninathar (100)
  • Loreseeker Salendti (160)

Battleline

• 20x Wardens (240)
  • 20x Wardens (240)
  • 20x Sentinels (280)
  • 10x Dawnriders (260)
  • 5x Bladelords (120)

Other

• Ballista (100)
  • Ballista (100)

Endless Spells 

• Sanctum of Amyntok (30)

Total Pts: 2000

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So, if I were making this list, how would you guys go about adding in a battalion? I posted it a couple pages back and I agree that it’s not the most competitive list, just curious about battalions. I can’t quite fit one in and keep it looking as cool haha. (I’m a weirdo)

Heroes

• Light of Eltharion, Warden of Tor Yvresse (220)
  • Lord Regent Syrielle Nobleheart (150)
  • Calligrave Ninathar (100)
  • Loreseeker Salendti (160)

Battleline

• 20x Wardens (240)
  • 20x Wardens (240)
  • 20x Sentinels (280)
  • 10x Dawnriders (260)
  • 5x Bladelords (120)

Other

• Ballista (100)
  • Ballista (100)

Endless Spells 

• Sanctum of Amyntok (30)

Total Pts: 2000

That looks like a nice, thematic list! I don't think you need a battalion for this. I forgot how the Bladelord's one is worded, but it might not be applicable anyway (need 2+ units or something). And even if, with only one unit, that has to be charged, and by something where you wouldn't use your auto-hit attack, it's not useful.

Even for the additional artifact. And you can't reduce drops in a meaningful way. It won't matter normally if you have 11 drops or 8 to 10. If someone has a strategy to auto-drop you, they can easily do that anyway, and if not, it doesn't really matter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I think no-one can tell you for sure. It does sound like a workable idea, but you might have to adjust it a bit (maybe add the Windmage with teleport spell to have more mobility etc. 

That was the idea, yes. I’m hoping that we can play soon so i can test it out. 
How’s your general feelings about sevireth? I personally think he’s quite difficult to play well and position well, but if you master his movement he’ll be virtually unkillable unless surrounded by long ranged, teleported units. And, if i understood it correctly the hurakan battalion makes it so he has always charged so you always pile in 6” and the enemy piles in with 2” less so it’s even more difficult to engage him.

Just now, Rawenwing said:

That was the idea, yes. I’m hoping that we can play soon so i can test it out. 
How’s your general feelings about sevireth? I personally think he’s quite difficult to play well and position well, but if you master his movement he’ll be virtually unkillable unless surrounded by long ranged, teleported units. And, if i understood it correctly the hurakan battalion makes it so he has always charged so you always pile in 6” and the enemy piles in with 2” less so it’s even more difficult to engage him.

Mind you - I don't have any personal experience using Sevireth yet, so please take this with a large grain of salt: I think you are right, Sevireth is difficult to play, and 300 points in one model. Even with the 5+ ward, a few unlucky rolls and he might be gone very fast against a many possible opponents. His damage output is good, but you could take 20 Sentinels or 10 Windchargers instead for slightly less costs. Of course he can do a lot of things the Sentinels/Windchargers can't. I think this is a model you have to try out yourself and see how well you can use it. It looks like fun if it all works out. Sevireth pretty much alone out on his own it likely a bit risky for 300 points. If you have access to TTS, that's a good way to try it out before you commit to anything (if you don't just like the model anyway :  ) ). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Mind you - I don't have any personal experience using Sevireth yet, so please take this with a large grain of salt: I think you are right, Sevireth is difficult to play, and 300 points in one model. Even with the 5+ ward, a few unlucky rolls and he might be gone very fast against a many possible opponents. His damage output is good, but you could take 20 Sentinels or 10 Windchargers instead for slightly less costs. Of course he can do a lot of things the Sentinels/Windchargers can't. I think this is a model you have to try out yourself and see how well you can use it. It looks like fun if it all works out. Sevireth pretty much alone out on his own it likely a bit risky for 300 points. If you have access to TTS, that's a good way to try it out before you commit to anything (if you don't just like the model anyway :  ) ). 

I ordered him because i love the model ahaha. I don’t have tts so all i can do sadly is theorycrafting, i’ve bought my first lumineth in lockdown so i have never actually had a chance to play. But as far as my very limited experience as player goes (i mainly play an all-fly host arcanum list) really Fast models at least in my local meta are a pain to deal with and my screamer more often than not won a game for me zipping in objectives super early and super fast. I might have to pay extreme attention when i will find myself in mirror matches, especially one list with 40 sentinels and teclis... I hope i can go back playing asap so i’ll show you what i come up with and the results of my tests!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Black Marshal said:

Has there been any movement on color schemes for Aurathrai and Oultrai?

I don’t think there are any in the new Battletome. Judgin from all what I could see on the pages so far. The model photos show only a few pictures of the 2 new ones, and the paining guide hasn’t changed at all, they haven’t even updated it with Alumnia and Helon. In a few days some of us should have the Battletome in our hands, then we can confirm this 100%. It’s unlikely though that they are there. 

• Like 1

That's frustrating. I'm not particularly enamored with any of the existing ones. It seems unusual to not release colors  for factions, even if rules will be coming later. 

For clarity: Im sitting on a big pile of grey plastic, but dont wanna commit to a scheme until I've seen all 8 'official' ones. 

Edited by The Black Marshal