Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

Though he could move over a unit, doing D3 mortals on 3+, then shoot and then make a move 12” over a unit doing D3 mortals on 3+, then charge (normal move) over a unit doing another D3 mortals on 3+.

His shooting damage is not loads but the potential for mortals is.

Average 4 MWs if you make both 3+ rolls, and then leave yourself in charge range of the thing you jumped over. Not exactly breaking the game, there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

Average 4 MWs if you make both 3+ rolls, and then leave yourself in charge range of the thing you jumped over. Not exactly breaking the game, there. 

No, I agree with you, I don’t have a problem with it personally, especially given the point cost. Just saying it’s not just his profile attacks.

He seems pretty useful as a hero sniper.

1 minute ago, boyadventurer said:

Has anyone seen anything about Ymetrica and if its still the same? Sprues and Brews and GMG videos both skip over it, but it just seems SO weird that all the new characters (especially Severith) are shoehorned into the most specialized subfaction that has nothing to do with them.

All the old stuff are the same as they were before, even the point costs..

3 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Though he could move over a unit, doing D3 mortals on 3+, then shoot and then make a move 12” over a unit doing D3 mortals on 3+, then charge (normal move) over a unit doing another D3 mortals on 3+.

His shooting damage is not loads but the potential for mortals is.

A normal move is a move made during the movement phase. Charging is not a normal move. That said, he does do 1 mortal on a 3+ to a unit when he charges.

Doing that math, it averages out to 3.33 mortal wounds (to a maximum spike of 7 on a single unit) in a turn. And by doing this, your 10 wound, 5+ save glass cannon is locked in combat in a location close enough to your enemy's troops that he'll most likely be charged on the following turn. It's a decent turn's worth of damage, yeah, but it's a high risk play, and not exactly game breaking.

I feel like the most useful thing about the Spirits of the Wind is that the 24" move lets them constantly threaten back objectives in the late game. Getting them stuck in combat in general feels like a bad idea, so I really don't think you'll be seeing Sevireth getting those D3 mortals more than a couple times per game (if he doesn't just get shot off on turn 1).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

There also seem to be no painting Guides for the new Subfactions or the new Models which is hisheartening. :(

Aw man, that's probably the main reason I had for picking up the new battletome, other than just having all the rules in one book.

8 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

A normal move is a move made during the movement phase. Charging is not a normal move. That said, he does do 1 mortal on a 3+ to a unit when he charges.

Doing that math, it averages out to 3.33 mortal wounds (to a maximum spike of 7 on a single unit) in a turn. And by doing this, your 10 wound, 5+ save glass cannon is locked in combat in a location close enough to your enemy's troops that he'll most likely be charged on the following turn. It's a decent turn's worth of damage, yeah, but it's a high risk play, and not exactly game breaking.

I feel like the most useful thing about the Spirits of the Wind is that the 24" move lets them constantly threaten back objectives in the late game. Getting them stuck in combat in general feels like a bad idea, so I really don't think you'll be seeing Sevireth getting those D3 mortals more than a couple times per game (if he doesn't just get shot off on turn 1).

The foxes are going to be the number 1 focus in every match I don’t think they can survive to threat objectives xD

10 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

So how much has everyone spent today?

Hahaha.... well, not much for me yet. My FLGS doesn’t do preorders due to the crappy allocation issues they’ve had. But I ordered three: bladelords, windchargers, and a ballista via GW.  I’m asking my FLGS to get them (always try to buy there first) but we shall see. 

Still conflicted on which book to get. :/ do I get the new one which has everything in it, or get Teclis which has the cool story stuff in it and carry two books.... although I’ve been printing out the warscrolls to make life easier...

OH!!  Speaking of, have any of y’all made/found/printed a system to organize all the scrolls/stuff?  I use AoS reminder, but having played X-Wing and Legion, I really like how all the “data cards” fit into a card sleeve page in my binder, making it easy to carry and use.   Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

Hahaha.... well, not much for me yet. My FLGS doesn’t do preorders due to the crappy allocation issues they’ve had. But I ordered three: bladelords, windchargers, and a ballista via GW.  I’m asking my FLGS to get them (always try to buy there first) but we shall see. 

Still conflicted on which book to get. :/ do I get the new one which has everything in it, or get Teclis which has the cool story stuff in it and carry two books.... although I’ve been printing out the warscrolls to make life easier...

OH!!  Speaking of, have any of y’all made/found/printed a system to organize all the scrolls/stuff?  I use AoS reminder, but having played X-Wing and Legion, I really like how all the “data cards” fit into a card sleeve page in my binder, making it easy to carry and use.   Thoughts?

Nice!! Yeah if my local gw store was open id buy there as they are great but I’m not buying full price if I’m not supporting them, so I went third party and still spent £405. 

I got both books mainly as the battletome is all in one. I wish they added a bit more to it but oh well. I haven’t touched warscrolls yet, i don’t even know how to play Warhammer as I starting painting properly July last year, so I’m just collecting the armies I find cool to paint and will try them out when they open.

I'm looking for some help.  Can anyone direct me to a YouTube channel for a review of the Battletome that doesn't have any spoilers for the Broken Realms: Teclis storyline?  I'm trying to avoid them so I can read it fresh when I get it.  Thanks!

Hi guys having some trouble list building while theory crafting what do you think of the 2,5 lists I thought of xD

LIST 1

Generic war cow 340 
Stone mage 130
Scinari cathallar 140
20 wardens 240 
Twinstones 30
= 880

20 wardens 240
Generic fox 250
Windmage 130
Blademasters 120
Ballista 100
Twins  260
= 1980

- downsides  only generic fox and not sevireth, no lore seekers and no Amyntok sanctuary for the twins :/ 

+ advantages managed to have the twins + 2 packs of 20 wardens for board control + a ballista for sniping
I can play  syar for double aetherquartz or Helon to have +1 shot while in combat so the the generic war cow would do 2  D6 damage  shot in combat and the generic fox 5 d3 Dom shots 

LIST 2 

Avalenor 360
Stone mage 130 
Scinari cathallar 140
20 wardens 240
Twinstones 30 
=900

Sevireth 300
Wind mage 130
Bladelords 120
Twins 260 OR 20 wardens 240
5 windchargers 130 OR Ballista 100 AND amyntok sanctuary 30
Loreseeker 160 
= 2000 or 1980 

+ advantages play Sevireth and Avalenor (for mass -1 to hit) + a lore seeker 

- downsides having to chose between the Twins and their Teleportation potential and a second pack of 20 wardens for board control

Having to chose between 5 Rooriders  in order to have  3 battlelines (If I don't take the second 20 wardens pack) OR 1 ballista and amyntok sanctuary  for the loreseeker giving him -1 to hit and 2+ save ( 1+ with aetherquartz) 

Those are in no way the most competitive list possible but are built with what I own and what I aim to buy :) also there aren't any sentinels because I don't like their too simple (for my taste !) mecanic :/ (on the other hand I absolutely love the ethereal war cow and the cathallar but 20 sentinels are somewhat of a guilty pleasure that I may succomb to 1 day after my gaming partner will have raped me with the upcoming soulblight ;) )

So I started Lumineth about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Due to my available free time, I decided to buy 1 thing a week rather than my usual of everything I can afford at once. In those 3-4 weeks, I have bought and painted Teclis, Myari Lightcaller and Myaris Purifiers, The Light Of Eltharion, 1x5 Stoneguard and the Endless Spells. Something like 1330pts. I obviously don’t have enough Battleline at the moment, so I’ve just been playing Grand Alliance Order with Fyreslayers (I know, please don’t lynch me 😂) filling out the remaining points and replaced as I get new units.

a friend wanted the Piety And Pain box for the Sisters Of Battle so I took the Drukhari half, but that’s now delayed my Lumineth a bit (1 week for that box, and another week because I’m probably going to pick up the codex and a combat patrol box). It will be a while before I pick up any of the new releases as I wanted to ‘complete’ the first wave stuff first. For that I still need 3 Stoneguard, a Stonemage, a Cathallar, 2 Dawnriders, 1 Wardens, 1 Sentinels, 2 Mountain Spirits and The Stoneheart King. I’m definitely leaning towards the Alarith stuff, but my collection will have at least 1 of everything

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm looking for some help.  Can anyone direct me to a YouTube channel for a review of the Battletome that doesn't have any spoilers for the Broken Realms: Teclis storyline?  I'm trying to avoid them so I can read it fresh when I get it.  Thanks!

Facehammer! Has time stamps, and if you start with the Lumineth there are no spoilers at all, if I remember correctly. Also no salt. On pve of them must have worked through the night though, he’s almost gone at the end : ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Also, some one posted a Sprews and Brews video review of the Battletome.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Also, some one posted a Sprews and Brews video review of the Battletome.

That one has mild spoilers though. Nothing earth shattering, but they are in there, because he goes through all the narrative battle plans, which are somewhat revealing. 

Good review though : ) 

@LuminethMage  They put a full spread of your same paint scheme in the book looks like.  That's gotta be some inspiration!  And, I have to say yours aren't far off from that at all.

I ended up increasing my order....so many elves coming.  Now those of us out here just need to hope our models made it through the Suez Canal before the block up!

• Like 2

So, coming up with some fun tactics; I could see some Ballistas being great in an Alumnia army, where a unit of Wardens or Dawnriders break their shining company to run, ballista shoots a unit with their blinding bolts, then that unit who ran uses the CA to charge after running. They can cover a good amount of ground, still get -1 to hit them and they’ve charged to go first. This may be additionally good if you have Dawnriders going in (being faster than wardens) then having the Wardens break shining company formation to run and charge to keep up with the Dawnriders to then also make use of attacking with 2 units before the enemy get to. 

Edited by Tiberius501