Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

I don't know what your post is about.

Mine was not a threat or something. I know that this decision won't change anything. It's just that I am getting old... I don't want to spend time on something that is not making fun.

And playing against such stupid rules, this includes Idoneth as well, is for me personally not fun.

And yes. In the end this could mean that I will sell all my armies and do a different hobby. So etching that is less stressful.

I am talking about the fact that you came to a thread specifically for people who want to discuss LRL, to proclaim that someone saying a new unit looked fun was crazy/dumb/fill-in unfriendly term and to tell everyone here that you decided you won't play against them.

If you are looking for better ways to spend your time......

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

So the bladebringers and the loreseeker have truly pushed me into the wanting to build up that LrL box I've got and make an army XD Those models are gorgeous ❤️

I'm also pretty happy with the rules for the ballista, it looks like it'll be pretty fun to play. I may end up seeing how well I can go in my local club with a list utilising a lot of bladebringers and some other nice models put in (rule of cool!)

My favourite thing about this release has been how there's now a lot of options for list building and a few different playstyles (especially for more casual environments)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

So the bladebringers and the loreseeker have truly pushed me into the wanting to build up that LrL box I've got and make an army XD Those models are gorgeous ❤️

I'm also pretty happy with the rules for the ballista, it looks like it'll be pretty fun to play. I may end up seeing how well I can go in my local club with a list utilising a lot of bladebringers and some other nice models put in (rule of cool!)

My favourite thing about this release has been how there's now a lot of options for list building and a few different playstyles (especially for more casual environments)

Yeah the variety is really the thing for me.  I can choose many different ways to play, all with great models.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lightbox said:

In all seriousness, while it's disappointing that a lot of the new stuff just can't stack up to Wardens/Sentinels for now, it's not like I was playing that list to begin with.

I picked Ymetrica to play because of battleline mostly (I just...really don't want to use Wardens. I like the models but the long spears are a pain to move around, etc.) but even seeing the new nations it seems like a solid choice still, especially with all the added named characters, and I do have ways to branch out into other battleline options even if it's not ideal. And the ballista is a nice way to add some ranged damage without expanding my 20 sentinels, so really most of the new stuff is good for how I actually play.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I have found my Home in Alumnia now. Give me militarized Soldier Aelves all day. ☺️ So looking forward to discovering the Lore.

Ooo, that sounds cool. What are their bonuses again? From the look of it they’re gold and red which looks pretty boss too.

Ah found a review. I quite like their movement shenanigans, not sure which I’d prefer between them or Iliatha. I’d definitely want a bannerblade or Cathellar with the Alumnia for the bravery. 

Edited by Tiberius501

7 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ooo, that sounds cool. What are their bonuses again? From the look of it they’re gold and red which looks pretty boss too.

3 Vanari or Scinari Units can make a normal move (not run) after every Army has completed the set up. And they can run and charge with a command ability.
In the Sprues and Brews Video it appears that they have green inner robes. (I am testing new colurs currently.) 😄
Its funny as they kind of look like Phil Kelly's Scheme 😅
Edit link to the Video:

Alumnia.PNG

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Aenur said:

Hi guys, anyone noticed that BladeLords sun metal weapons actually don't have the sun metal rule? (mortals on 6s)

And the champion isn't a sorcerer. 

BTW I don't know how much 5 guys cost 

Yep, it’s really weird and slightly annoying haha. But their ability to bodyguard Scinari heroes on a 2+ is really good. 5 is 120pts.

I’m curious. Could the Regent fit inside a Sanctum of Amyntok? For a total of -3 to be hit while she’s close to some bros and a 2+ save?

The Loreseeker chilling in one would also be pretty hot, especially while he’s 9” away from friends, having -1 to hit him and a 2+ save.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • LOVE IT! 1

So the loreseeker is unique. Probably meant to represent that they operate as lone agents.

Just worth considering before people freak out and buy 2-4 of them.

Edit-it’s on the points page not his warscroll. Warscrolls don’t list unique since it isn’t a trait/keyword

Edited by herohammer

Ah, so you can only have 1 in your list? Does he also count as a named character with that? Or can you give them artefacts/traits? I was only planning on having 1 but was considering giving him the Iliathan relic.

Another thing, I’m kinda struggling to see what we actually spend our CP’s on, given all the ways we can get extra. For me, there’s basically Eltharion’s Leadership aura, and the Iliathan giving re-roll 1’s to hit for 2 units. (Is there any difference from the generic CA and this one btw?)

I guess you can use these and the generic ones more regularly. I don’t really mind too much since the army seems pretty damn strong without it. Just curious what you guys tend to do with them.

Edited by Tiberius501

6 hours ago, Austin said:

You did it. You fed the troll. Easily understandable but you must be on guard right now comrade! 

Look for signs like follow ups where they say “keep in mind no spells will be cast” or “don’t forget LRL make you auto lose and throw away your army.”

I honestly wasn’t trying to be a troll.  I didn’t realize there was another forum for LRL comments.  I play a number of factions that don’t shoot so wasn’t sure where else to ask the question.  I personally hope it does get a FAQ change to only move in it’s shooting phase.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

@Ragest, nice, keen to hear how they go in more games too as you get more used to them.

Unrelated question, because I seem to be asking lots of questions today, do Wardens perform well in units of 10? Or do they wanna be in blocks of 20? 

If you want them as screens, sitting on the back objectives or as extra wizard yes.

If you want them to be able to fight 20 is the way to go..

4 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I have found my Home in Alumnia now. Give me militarized Soldier Aelves all day. ☺️ So looking forward to discovering the Lore.

Alumnia will be my nation of choice too. I think they're awesome!

• Like 1

So I can’t decide on a list, we have so many options now! The funny thing is I haven’t even considered the Wind stuff yet 😅. I know neither are particularly competitive, but which looks more fun/ more competent?

Spoiler

List 1
Total Pts: 2000

Heroes
- Eltharion (220)
- Regent (150)
- Calligrave (100)
- Loreseeker (160)

Battleline
- 20x Wardens (240)
- 20x Wardens (240)
- 20x Sentinels (280)
- 10x Dawnriders (260)
- 5x Bladelords (120)

Other
- Ballista (100)
- Ballista (100)

Endless Spells
- Sanctum of Amyntok

Spoiler

List 2
Total Pts: 1990

Heroes
- Eltharion (220)
- Regent (150)
- Avalenor (360)
- Loreseeker (160)

Battleline
- 10x Wardens (120)
- 10x Wardens (120)
- 10x Wardens (120)
- 20x Sentinels (280)
- 10x Dawnriders (260)

Other
- Ballista (100)
- Ballista (100)

A variant on this would be to replace Eltharion with 10 Stoneguard, and maybe 5 Dawnriders with a Stonemage(?), chucking in the Sanctum with the extra points.

And thanks @Siegfried VII, that’s good to know. I’m not sure what I’ll be using them for, I’m not great at this game lol.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rosa said:

Guys... Seriously.

Severith, a fun model?

I Just read the rules and Mlmade the decision to refuse to play against LRL in the future. This is everything but not fun.

His shooting does, on average, 4 damage per turn for 300 points. If your army can't survive, again on average, around 20 wounds per game from an expensive model just because it's hard to lock down, your build probably have more issues than "LRL are broken". 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

@Ragest, nice, keen to hear how they go in more games too as you get more used to them.

Unrelated question, because I seem to be asking lots of questions today, do Wardens perform well in units of 10? Or do they wanna be in blocks of 20? 

Blocks of 20 is the general "optimal" thought.

I have two lists I wanna run in TTS... one is a legion list because I am completely and utterly in love with the antiquity rome/sparta style hopilite formation, and the other is what my polish blood is calling out to me for, an all fast mover Hussar list with Severan, fox, regeant, dawnriders, wind mage and roos.

Still all in for zaitrec dammit, can't be swayed from the magic boys.

Also, I hope there is some animation sometime with Lumineth vs Flesheaters. It starts out basically a copy of the Gondor charge versus all the orc archers in return of the king, but then it is shown that the gondor knights are all (pincushioned) ghouls with the "orcs" being lumineth shaking their heads and talking about the delusions.

Edited by Acid_Nine

53 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ah, so you can only have 1 in your list? Does he also count as a named character with that? Or can you give them artefacts/traits? I was only planning on having 1 but was considering giving him the Iliathan relic.

Another thing, I’m kinda struggling to see what we actually spend our CP’s on, given all the ways we can get extra. For me, there’s basically Eltharion’s Leadership aura, and the Iliathan giving re-roll 1’s to hit for 2 units. (Is there any difference from the generic CA and this one btw?)

I guess you can use these and the generic ones more regularly. I don’t really mind too much since the army seems pretty damn strong without it. Just curious what you guys tend to do with them.

From the way the core rules explain it, the Loreseeker should still be able to take artifacts despite being Unique. Named characters can't take artifacts or traits, but being Unique (1 per army) and being a named character are not the same thing. It's just unusual because until now, the only Unique characters in the game were also named characters. This may need to be addressed in the FAQ though, just to make sure everyone's on the same page.

14 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I generally lean toward Wardens being better in 20s, as their ability to attack in 3 ranks due to their reach means bigger units don't suffer the drawbacks you get with other armies. It also ensures you get to keep casting longer, as it's easy to lose 5 wardens in a single round of combat against a good enemy unit, even with aetherquartz.

If you're just using them for screens, though, 10 should be fine. I don't use Teclis, so I don't generally use them that way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

And thanks @Siegfried VII, that’s good to know. I’m not sure what I’ll be using them for, I’m not great at this game lol.

No worries mate we all learn together! I've been playing since the bginning of AoS and even before from the 6th edition of warhammer, but I'm always learning new things and evolve. Lumineth are a tough army to master so there is a learning curve.. That makes it more interesting though in the end! 😉 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Requizen said:

His shooting does, on average, 4 damage per turn for 300 points. If your army can't survive, again on average, around 20 wounds per game from an expensive model just because it's hard to lock down, your build probably have more issues than "LRL are broken". 

Though he could move over a unit, doing D3 mortals on 3+, then shoot and then make a move 12” over a unit doing D3 mortals on 3+, then charge (normal move) over a unit doing another D3 mortals on 3+.

His shooting damage is not loads but the potential for mortals is.