Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

I haven't paid attention to AoS basically at all since lockdown started (decided to focus on Warcry and Underworlds during the downtime), and this is kinda what I came back to. 

I know there's a lot of good rules in LRL, but you'd think the models actively poisoned the opponent with how mad people are. Oh well, isn't the first time, won't be the last. Remember the amount of salt when Tzeentch 1.0 came out with Destiny Dice and Skyfires?

I am absolutely not a GW apologist, a quick view of my past posts will make that clear haha, but usually if things are really truly broken it becomes apparent once the play happens at tournament level.  I am not sure LRL are at that level, at least when I look at them.  

Ok so I am considering now whether a second fox spirit is worth it.  You clearly would not take two in an army that has more than one unit of Sentinels, and arguably not in an army that has any ballistas.

Maybe though, in an army heavy on Wardens, Stoneguard, and/or Bladelords?   

18 minutes ago, Mxxaxxg said:

I think Severith has the potential to be an interesting and fun model but can someone explain to me how say FEC or nurgle could ever kill it?  Keep in mind these factions will likely not be able to get any spells off either.  

They probably cannot.  If you play those armies, I'd advise quitting now.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Austin said:

Ok so I am considering now whether a second fox spirit is worth it.  You clearly would not take two in an army that has more than one unit of Sentinels, and arguably not in an army that has any ballistas.

Maybe though, in an army heavy on Wardens, Stoneguard, and/or Bladelords?   

If I'm perfectly honest, ignore it . Its bow does about 4 dmg before a DPR. LRL feast on plaers getting scared and trying to rush them. Don't give an LRL player combats just for the sake of charging, don't chase destraction carnifex units like Sevireth.

Honestly its pretty meh.

28 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

I think Power of Hysh and Sunmetal will be in the Vanari box like Shining Company is now. Which means Bladelords will have the Sunmetal rule.

If this is true, it does change my perspective on Bladelords vs more Wardens some.

Don't see any reason to believe this is true. Look at the Regent, who has the Wizard keyword and sunmetal ability on their warscroll compared to the Bladelords which do not.  Or the Vanari Bannerblade who has the Sunmetal Ability but no power of Hysh.

Also the wording for Greater Power of Hysh specifies "units that have the Sunmetal Ability" only as valid targets for the spell, not units who have the Vanari keyword or anything like that.

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

Don't see any reason to believe this is true. Look at the Regent, who has the Wizard keyword and sunmetal ability on their warscroll compared to the Bladelords which do not.  Or the Vanari Bannerblade who has the Sunmetal Ability but no power of Hysh.

Also the wording for Greater Power of Hysh specifies "units that have the Sunmetal Ability" only as valid targets for the spell, not units who have the Vanari keyword or anything like that.

Yeah it just a thought, tbh I wouldn't buy the models without the book in my hands first. 

3 hours ago, Mxxaxxg said:

I think Severith has the potential to be an interesting and fun model but can someone explain to me how say FEC or nurgle could ever kill it?  Keep in mind these factions will likely not be able to get any spells off either.  

They can shut down the board to keep the fox from moving away and the charge him?

24 minutes ago, Ragnar72 said:

They can shut down the board to keep the fox from moving away and the charge him?

You did it. You fed the troll. Easily understandable but you must be on guard right now comrade! 

Look for signs like follow ups where they say “keep in mind no spells will be cast” or “don’t forget LRL make you auto lose and throw away your army.”

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

You did it. You fed the troll. Easily understandable but you must be on guard right now comrade! 

Look for signs like follow ups where they say “keep in mind no spells will be cast” or “don’t forget LRL make you auto lose and throw away your army.”

You have to understand, LRL are so broken and control centered that they force their opponent to win every game,  sucking all the fun out of it in the process.  I didn't think it worked that way, but reading that thread has convinced me.

That thread really is a trip, down to the unhinged hysteria that anyone even attempts to correct their factually wrong assertions.

• Like 3

Reading the Sprues and Brues breakdown of the new content (Not going to watch a one hour video for rules content I already mostly know) and man they did not throw Lord Regents any extra bones.

Command traits are basically +1 CP, Reroll one die in combat once per turn, or refund CP on a 6

Artifacts are +1 Quartz, Run and Charge, and +1 cast/unbind

So many CP perks for an army/model with no useful command abilities, and nothing really useful in general. Second look at Great Nation artifacts, I guess.

The more I think about it, the more unhappy I am with the Regent probably than any other new model. Beautiful model, but just doesn't do anything really. No army support abilities, weak combat profile, a warscroll spell that's mostly redundant...sigh.

In isolation I agree but what the regent does for Vanari is huge. He gives you d3 free casts of support spells.  I think that is big. 

He casts his spell first +1 to cast, +2 if Zaitrec, +3 if rune guy helped, +4 with twinstones then  d3 of your sentinels/Wardens can cast their support spells. In my lists that would mean Double move every turn, protection of Hysh and 5+ mortal wounds on wardens, and he gets 5+ mortal wounds last. 

For me that’s a big deal. 

By himself he is terrible, if he is killed oh well it just means I have to make decisions if he is left alive my opponent will regret it. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, madmac said:

Reading the Sprues and Brues breakdown of the new content (Not going to watch a one hour video for rules content I already mostly know) and man they did not throw Lord Regents any extra bones.

Command traits are basically +1 CP, Reroll one die in combat once per turn, or refund CP on a 6

Artifacts are +1 Quartz, Run and Charge, and +1 cast/unbind

So many CP perks for an army/model with no useful command abilities, and nothing really useful in general. Second look at Great Nation artifacts, I guess.

The more I think about it, the more unhappy I am with the Regent probably than any other new model. Beautiful model, but just doesn't do anything really. No army support abilities, weak combat profile, a warscroll spell that's mostly redundant...sigh.

It’s a beautiful model and only 150 points- I’ll find room for him!

230 € for 7 models and some books.

Expensive hobby indeed. But I still haven't painted everything I bought in September, so I guess it's worth the money in time.

Got the Lord regent? Loreseeker guy, 5 bladelords (the sword unit), BR Teclis + Morathi, limited tome (i like the art, but is it worth 30€ extra? probably not),  and the unit cards.

I wonder, if i get the book in the sigmar app, will it update to the new tome? or you need to repurchase it?

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

Guys... Seriously.

Severith, a fun model?

I Just read the rules and Mlmade the decision to refuse to play against LRL in the future. This is everything but not fun.

That is what I am talking about.  Excellent decision.  Did you throw away your armies yet?  That is in Appendix A of the new battletome.  Listen, I don't make the rules, but you do have to follow them.

• Haha 1

I don't know what your post is about.

Mine was not a threat or something. I know that this decision won't change anything. It's just that I am getting old... I don't want to spend time on something that is not making fun.

And playing against such stupid rules, this includes Idoneth as well, is for me personally not fun.

And yes. In the end this could mean that I will sell all my armies and do a different hobby. Something that is less stressful.

Edited by rosa
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3