Jump to content

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion


HollowHills
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m not sure what to buy myself. I don’t own too much just yet, so I can go a bunch of ways, but I’m thinking of a Vanari heavy list. So far I have: Eltharion, 10x Wardens, 10x Sentinels, 5x Dawnriders, a Stonemage, Avalenor, and 5x Stoneguard.

But I’m thinking maybe something like:

HEROES

- Eltharion

- Cathellar 

- Loreseeker 

BATTLELINE

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens 

- 20x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

- 5x Bladelords

OTHER

- Ballista 

- Ballista 

ENDLESS SPELLS

- Sanctum of Amyntok

1890pts

so 110pts left, any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

You can joke all you like, but Aos is quickly devolving to the ******-show that 8th ed 40K became. 

I could see that. I have never seen a book with just....SO MUCH. 

Its amazing, im struggling to find negatives, the only thing i can think of is you have to commit to a couple temples and might have more drops as a result

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m not sure what to buy myself. I don’t own too much just yet, so I can go a bunch of ways, but I’m thinking of a Vanari heavy list. So far I have: Eltharion, 10x Wardens, 10x Sentinels, 5x Dawnriders, a Stonemage, Avalenor, and 5x Stoneguard.

But I’m thinking maybe something like:

HEROES

- Eltharion

- Cathellar 

- Loreseeker 

BATTLELINE

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens 

- 20x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

- 5x Bladelords

OTHER

- Ballista 

- Ballista 

ENDLESS SPELLS

- Sanctum of Amyntok

1890pts

so 110pts left, any suggestions?

So I am really not sold on multiple Ballistas, especially when you already have a unit of 20 Sentinels.  I assume this list is intentionally not using temple units?  If that is the case I might another unit of Sentinels (if you do drop the ballista).  If not, finding room for a battle cow of any variety seems like a good idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Regarding the complaints about NPE: I have the (maybe naive) opinion that this phase of outrage will settle down and people will make up their minds. (Or find the next Army to complain about if one wants to be cynical.) Most of us can't  play anyway due to the Pandemic and it will be a long time until any sort of pick up games can take place again in most parts of the world.

It saddens me too how there are so many misunderstandings and disagreements about the Lumineth. :( To the people who get worked up about arguments with folks who want to dislike Lumineth for the sake of it: Your time is more valuable than arguing via the Internet. (sorry if this sounds patronizing) however, I feel especially during a Pandemic - the human mind does not need more feelings of frustration and the notion of a never ending task of arguments.

Much love ❤️

I generally agree with this. But some of the stuff is just too on the nose for me here. 

Like i called it when Gristlegore 1.0 came out, i see that same kinda stuff here.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Austin said:

So I am really not sold on multiple Ballistas, especially when you already have a unit of 20 Sentinels.  I assume this list is intentionally not using temple units?  If that is the case I might another unit of Sentinels (if you do drop the ballista).  If not, finding room for a battle cow of any variety seems like a good idea.

I’m kinda tempted to just go with my original idea then when I first started to buy these dudes and go Ymetrica with cow units.

HEROES

- Eltharion

- Stonemage

- Avalenor

BATTLELINE

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens 

- 20x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

- 10x Stoneguard

ENDLESS SPELLS

- Sanctum of Amyntok

1960pts

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m kinda tempted to just go with my original idea then when I first started to buy these dudes and go Ymetrica with cow units.

 

HEROES

- Eltharion

- Stonemage

- Avalenor

BATTLELINE

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens 

- 20x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

- 10x Stoneguard

ENDLESS SPELLS

- Sanctum of Amyntok

1960pts

Just think about how tall the Stonemage will be on the Sanctum lol. 
 

I realized I didn’t address first question. If you want Vanari heavy list, I would definitely get the new mounted hero, but I would also buy a couple more Sentinel boxes.  Lore seekers and Calligrave for sure. 
 

Dawnriders for me are hard to use, but amazing models. So that’s totally up to taste.  I don’t have a tremendous amount of table time with them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

I generally agree with this. But some of the stuff is just too on the nose for me here. 

Like i called it when Gristlegore 1.0 came out, i see that same kinda stuff here.

Gristlegore reaction was somewhat kneejerk. Although that was at a time when some armies didn't have a proper revision from the GA books. We're at least 1 time round for most armies now, some 2 or 3. And to me overall lessons haven't been learned on the devs part. And what was once a reasonably tight, and snug ruleset is being bloated and distended  beyond what it was intended to contain. 

We used to joke about 40K "stealing" from AoS. Actuality is that the lessons learned are being applied to the real cash cow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Austin said:

Just think about how tall the Stonemage will be on the Sanctum lol. 
 

I realized I didn’t address first question. If you want Vanari heavy list, I would definitely get the new mounted hero, but I would also buy a couple more Sentinel boxes.  Lore seekers and Calligrave for sure. 
 

Dawnriders for me are hard to use, but amazing models. So that’s totally up to taste.  I don’t have a tremendous amount of table time with them. 

Is the Caligrave good? His once off aura ability is interesting. And why the Regent? His spell I assume?

EDIT: I realise I probably come across a bit short haha, I’m just interested, cos I haven’t really played much Sigmar recently so honestly I don’t quite know what’s good and what isn’t these days. I don’t need anything super competitive though, just something to be competent.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

Is the Caligrave good? His once off aura ability is interesting. And why the Regent? His spell I assume?

Calligrave is cheap and usefull, the +1 to cast point is allways good and the spell has amazing range, so you can place him in the scenery and still getting coverage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Is the Caligrave good? His once off aura ability is interesting. And why the Regent? His spell I assume?

EDIT: I realise I probably come across a bit short haha, I’m just interested, cos I haven’t really played much Sigmar recently so honestly I don’t quite know what’s good and what isn’t these days. I don’t need anything super competitive though, just something to be competent.

I didn't take it that way at all.  Yeah spell for Regent, also he looks cool haha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Calligrave is cheap and usefull, the +1 to cast point is allways good and the spell has amazing range, so you can place him in the scenery and still getting coverage.

How many points is he? But yeah that sounds cool. Him flanked by Bladelords would look pretty cool too.

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

I didn't take it that way at all.  Yeah spell for Regent, also he looks cool haha.

Yep very true haha. Is it worth taking Eltharion if I’m taking the Regent as well? Or could I drop him for the Regent? I know they fill different rolls though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

How many points is he? But yeah that sounds cool. Him flanked by Bladelords would look pretty cool too.

Yep very true haha. Is it worth taking Eltharion if I’m taking the Regent as well? Or could I drop him for the Regent? I know they fill different rolls though.

100 points, if you have a list with just 100 points free you have to choose between him, a ballista or some endless xD

 

Eltharion is a standalone hero, so you can send him to fight alone and let him unleash some chaos. Will just suffer vs MW, but like evrything and Regent is a buff hero that go well to have some support in the front of the battle i guess (but not much in front, the 6 wounds a little bit... meh)

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Austin said:

My friend, I just dropped so much money haha.

I ended up doing 3 units of Windchargers, and 2x each of Loreseekers, Bladelords, and Windmages.  Plus a ballista, regent, calligrave, and Sephireth.

Almost the same : ), I didn’t buy a 2nd Loreseeker, but will rectify this terrible mistake soon! : ). Otherwise I bought at least one of each. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LuminethMage, this is painfully accurate haha. One of my friends does this EVERY single time. Me and my brother will be excited about each other's releases, but the friend is always mad, even when it’s for him, because our stuff is either too powerful or his stuff is lame.

He’s a good dude otherwise, but lol that meme is him in a nutshell with the hobby. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So, is having Eltharion, Regent, Calligrave and a Loreseeker too many heroes for one list? 

Sounds good! Calligrave is cheap, so should be ok. Eltharion isn’t meta right now, but I know that’s not important for you. He is fun to play. 

And we must have the same friend : ) . Doesn’t even have something to do with Lumineth, it’s every single release, about 90% of the units. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Just a random post, no connection to any recent events whatever, but still might come in handy for some people - is my hunch ... 

 

7B06F07F-D0A1-4D8F-8E6F-13897F0C0B8C.png

I do genuinely hope that things work themselves out. I've enjoyed AoS for a while. But with the direction it's going, throwing ****** at the wall and seeing what sticks comes to mind. Understandable ~4 years ago, but the more things change the more they stay the same I guess?

Edited by SpiritofHokuto
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a joke : ). It also could just be that you personally don’t enjoy the direction of the game, while it becomes more popular generally. Stuff like that can happen. Or they turn around and change everything again next edition, who knows? And some of the stuff I like is gone. 

If you really feel bad about this, there is a dedicated thread about it already, many of us are just tired, because we are really excited about our new stuff : ).

These might be our new painting schemes for the two new nations (bottom left and right): 

—————

C434690C-5F29-481B-B7B8-9577D6555907.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Just a random post, no connection to any recent events whatever, but still might come in handy for some people - is my hunch ... 

 

7B06F07F-D0A1-4D8F-8E6F-13897F0C0B8C.png

I haven't paid attention to AoS basically at all since lockdown started (decided to focus on Warcry and Underworlds during the downtime), and this is kinda what I came back to. 

I know there's a lot of good rules in LRL, but you'd think the models actively poisoned the opponent with how mad people are. Oh well, isn't the first time, won't be the last. Remember the amount of salt when Tzeentch 1.0 came out with Destiny Dice and Skyfires?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Are there any command traits Regents can take? I don’t have the book on me but from memory none mention Vanari heroes being able to take any. 

They should be able to take the Great Nations ones I think. Unless that changed in new book. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...