Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 minutes ago, Kugane said:

So far I have (on the way): 2 units of wardens, 2 units of sentinels, 1x Dawnriders, 1x Sevireth, 1x Eltharion and 1x Cathallar. I tried to keep it as basic as possible until this release and now don't know what to get first.

So I think 5 or 10 bladelords for the Cathallar may be a good pick, a loreseeker and the scenery? 

Originally I was planning to get a second unit of Dawnriders, but perhaps Windchargers can fill the role of objective grabbers.

You can try Illiatha addind one more box of Sentinels and Wardens + loreseeker and blademasters. Adding hurakan will be more expensive, but you can try to just fill the battalion with Sevireth+Windmage+2x5 Windchargers, so you can try to harass and get to the objectives fast and then arrive with wardens to hold up those objectives.

• LOVE IT! 1

I can see Sevireth being a potentially massive source of NPE for armies that don't/can't have a decent ranged presence. Plinking with relative impunity for the first few turns, and even after that trying to break through phalanxes of Wardens or the like. Even if you do, it can just dance away 36" whilst shooting you. Not unbeatable, but incredibly frustrating and quite frankly would be unfun to play against. Can also position, focus down support heroes and escape with relative impunity.

And yes magic/prayers is an alternative, but you have to be in range, LRL aren't exactly lacking for unbinding prowess, and it still has a 5+FNP.   

But then again against certain armies, it'll fold like a cheap suit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

You can try Illiatha addind one more box of Sentinels and Wardens + loreseeker and blademasters. Adding hurakan will be more expensive, but you can try to just fill the battalion with Sevireth+Windmage+2x5 Windchargers, so you can try to harass and get to the objectives fast and then arrive with wardens to hold up those objectives.

That sounds great! I'll put those on my buy list. I love the windmage model, but wasn't sure about his warscroll. 

I like the 10 windcharger plan. I wonder how viable they are going to be, though. 

1 minute ago, Kugane said:

That sounds great! I'll put those on my buy list. I love the windmage model, but wasn't sure about his warscroll. 

I like the 10 windcharger plan. I wonder how viable they are going to be, though. 

With the battalion they act like have charged, and thanks to the allegiances they can pile in where they want and 6", so you can make moves as you want in combat phase xD 

PLus, Sevireth is pretty good and the mage is decent for his points, and have two or three nasty spells to choose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

With the battalion they act like have charged, and thanks to the allegiances they can pile in where they want and 6", so you can make moves as you want in combat phase xD 

PLus, Sevireth is pretty good and the mage is decent for his points, and have two or three nasty spells to choose.

Well, those are joining the army soon then! Thanks for the help 😃.

35 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

I can see Sevireth being a potentially massive source of NPE for armies that don't/can't have a decent ranged presence. Plinking with relative impunity for the first few turns, and even after that trying to break through phalanxes of Wardens or the like. Even if you do, it can just dance away 36" whilst shooting you. Not unbeatable, but incredibly frustrating and quite frankly would be unfun to play against. Can also position, focus down support heroes and escape with relative impunity.

And yes magic/prayers is an alternative, but you have to be in range, LRL aren't exactly lacking for unbinding prowess, and it still has a 5+FNP.   

But then again against certain armies, it'll fold like a cheap suit.  

Its less of a problem than fighting multiple Kharadron Boats constantly flying high to teleport away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Its less of a problem than fighting multiple Kharadron Boats constantly flying high to teleport away.

I just had a really cool mental picture of a battle between a boat squadron and a couple Windmages, Foxes, and Hurakans.  That would be fun to play out on the table.

3 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Yeah, it's more of an exacerbation of progressing problem I guess.

I do hear you. But compared to a kharadron boat, Either of the fox spirits have fewer wounds and a 5+ save.

Mean comparatively so long as a moderately sized combat unit can tag him, he is probably dead.

Trust me, the boats are much tougher to take down in combat than one of our foxes look on first glance.

2 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I do hear you. But compared to a kharadron boat, Either of the fox spirits have fewer wounds and a 5+ save.

Mean comparatively so long as a moderately sized combat unit can tag him, he is probably dead.

Trust me, the boats are much tougher to take down in combat than one of our foxes look on first glance.

Isn't going to be the easiest thing to do, especially with being able to move 12" in both shooting phases. 

Just now, SpiritofHokuto said:

Isn't going to be the easiest thing to do, especially with being able to move 12" in both shooting phases. 

Again I hear you, and no, it's not easy.

BUt people have been able to tag the boats in combat for years, and they can literally teleport where ever they want. We are restricted by movement.

1 minute ago, Athrawes said:

Again I hear you, and no, it's not easy.

BUt people have been able to tag the boats in combat for years, and they can literally teleport where ever they want. We are restricted by movement.

But then again, KO don't have the likes of Wardens/Stoneguard to screen for them. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess, but it's just another symptom of AoS unironically becoming "Age of Shooting".  

24 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

But then again, KO don't have the likes of Wardens/Stoneguard to screen for them. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess, but it's just another symptom of AoS unironically becoming "Age of Shooting".  

I’d wait for the FAQ first. 

@Evantas you can have a look at the official Warscroll on the New Zealand areas of GW website. Apparently cost 160 points. 

Edited by LuminethMage

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Why does the Regent not have a command ability? That seems very odd to me.

Agreed. There are 3 command abilities in the whole army on warscrolls and none of the new martial heroes that you would expect to have them like the Lord regent or the Loreseeker. It's a bit annoying since the named Lord regent specifically gives command points. As well as the twins

Edited by idn0971
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Why does the Regent not have a command ability? That seems very odd to me. Lyrior doesn’t either. Wtf? Lol.

Overall though I like most of the rules for the new units.

Because is our payoff to Total Eclipse. 

You won't see NPErs talking about that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yeah we can get a bunch of CP but almost no abilities. 

My pre-orders are done : ). 😁

My friend, I just dropped so much money haha.

I ended up doing 3 units of Windchargers, and 2x each of Loreseekers, Bladelords, and Windmages.  Plus a ballista, regent, calligrave, and Sephireth.

• Like 1