B tier

Calligrave

Regent

C tier

Lyrior

Twins

Generic fox

Bannerblade

Twins are easily A-B tier. Blademaster are Tier B at best, Ballista is average there is no reason to take it over Sentinels C Tier. 

You are getting Blademasters wrong, you don't need them hitting unless is necessary, they are going to be near Cathallar (or another Scinari) to protect them. We don't have any unit near that good for that role (neither Teclis with his 5+fnp and ignoring spells at 4+)

Second, twins are too expensive to put them in any Lumineth list, and lack of support out of illiatha because they can't be Syar or Zaitrex thanks to being named and belonging to Ymetrica. Good for Cos players btw

Third, Ballistas are weaker than Sentinels? yes, but Sentinels are S+ tier. Reliable shooting, fnp5 and debuffing hit. For 100 points i can't want more tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Third, Ballistas are weaker than Sentinels? yes, but Sentinels are S+ tier. Reliable shooting, fnp5 and debuffing hit. For 100 points i can't want more tbh.

The wording on the leak for their battalion was worded in a weird way, so I'm not sure how to think of them... It seems they can be more tankier and much more resistant to mortal wounds... Plus they get a nice debuff we weren't aware of.. My main problem with them is the fact that they need to stay put in order to be effective and that can be a problem...

If you wanna spend 120 on Blademaster to protect Cathallar you might as well take second Cathallar. Blademaster are okayish nut nothing auto include. 

Ballista is just average for 100 pts - 6W, zero mobility and at average dmg is like 3 (including  extra buffs for not moving).

Twins are actually good - they have a lot of cool stuff to justify their price tag. Very good warscroll that can be used but requires skill and playtesting. Surely better then Starshards or Bladelords. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

If you wanna spend 120 on Blademaster to protect Cathallar you might as well take second Cathallar. Blademaster are okayish nut nothing auto include. 

Ballista is just average for 100 pts - 6W, zero mobility and at average dmg is like 3 (including  extra buffs for not moving).

Twins are actually good - they have a lot of cool stuff to justify their price tag. Very good warscroll that can be used but requires skill and playtesting. Surely better then Starshards or Bladelords. 

2 Cathallars are (20 points more) 10 wounds, 1 cathallar and 5 Blademasters are 15 potenial wounds (tied to a 2+ roll) You don't need 2 Cathallars most of the time, you allways need 1 in the table.

2 Cathallars are (20 points more) 10 wounds, 1 cathallar and 5 Blademasters are 15 potenial wounds (tied to a 2+ roll) You don't need 2 Cathallars most of the time, you allways need 1 in the table.

True but the second Cathallar will add an extra spell choice and an extra spell cast which with our great Lore is always good..

Just now, Siegfried VII said:

True but the second Cathallar will add an extra spell choice and an extra spell cast which with our great Lore is always good..

Yes in Illiatha might work, you can start with both cathallars near and the same unit of blademasters between both to absorb the T1 shooting magic and then send both to different zones.

As you can see, Blademasters are even a must with 2 Cathallars xD

Just now, Howdyhedberg said:

Am I the only one that think the banner could be good? 3+ in bravery seems good to me? Or are everyone playing  illathia? Or it's impossible to negate bravery test with cathaller?

Blabanner sounds good in Illiatha, but in Illitaha you are not going to have the same bravery issues. Maybe in a non teclis list but i can¡t see taking this instead of another Cathallar. 

Yep and you got to keep Cathallar near Blademasters with two you got abilitu twice, extra spell, extra cast, extra unbind, maybe extra artifact if you run battalion and more flexibility movement wise and deploy wise. 

Thats why Bladelords are okayish but B-Tier at best.

Could anybody confirm 130 for Roos ? 

Ok- saw the warscrolls on the NZ page.  The Windchargers are GOOD.  That is a nice surprise.  The 360 of the Loreseeker is awesome also.

As to the other thread on General, I just will say again there is not much to be gained from trying to reason someone away from a poorly informed or biased opinion, especially on the internet.  Just let whomever wants to be in that thread complaining do their thing, we can do ours here.

This is too good a release to spend any time at all feeding trolls.

High Elves are back!

I feel like 120 is a lot of points to pay to give your Cathallar a meat shield, considering many armies out there will already struggle to take her off the table when she's hiding behind a wall of Wardens, within Look Out Sir range, likely getting a 5+ FNP, and when you've got other priority targets for ranged attacks (Sentinels, Teclis if you run him, etc.). Against the strongest shooting armies, though, I agree they'll be helpful.

I think the better use for the Bladelords, though, will be helping tank wounds for the Loreseeker - you can set him up on an enemy objective Turn 1, hope he survives thanks to his +1 save ability, then run/Speed of Hysh/teleport(?) the Bladelords into range on the following turn to help him stay alive. You could probably sit on the objective and hold it for a few turns that way, racking up VPs while your opponent curses you out and yells about NPE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Yes in Illiatha might work, you can start with both cathallars near and the same unit of blademasters between both to absorb the T1 shooting magic and then send both to different zones.

As you can see, Blademasters are even a must with 2 Cathallars xD

He he, allright I give up..

The_Bodyguard_1992_Film_Poster.jpg

2 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

I feel like 120 is a lot of points to pay to give your Cathallar a meat shield, considering many armies out there will already struggle to take her off the table when she's hiding behind a wall of Wardens, within Look Out Sir range, likely getting a 5+ FNP, and when you've got other priority targets for ranged attacks (Sentinels, Teclis if you run him, etc.). Against the strongest shooting armies, though, I agree they'll be helpful.

I think the better use for the Bladelords, though, will be helping tank wounds for the Loreseeker - you can set him up on an enemy objective Turn 1, hope he survives thanks to his +1 save ability, then run/Speed of Hysh/teleport(?) the Bladelords into range on the following turn to help him stay alive. You could probably sit on the objective and hold it for a few turns that way, racking up VPs while your opponent curses you out and yells about NPE.

Hard combo, could be interesting, yes.

As i've said that are just my frist impressions, now we have to test them

Just now, DantePQ said:

Any confirmation on points ? 

All points are known, yes. Off the top of my head, I believe the early leaks were all accurate.

Windchargers are battleline in Huron

Bladelords can be battleline for every Scinari in your army

Just now, Ragest said:

It depends. What you already have? What you want to try?

So far I have (on the way): 2 units of wardens, 2 units of sentinels, 1x Dawnriders, 1x Sevireth, 1x Eltharion and 1x Cathallar. I tried to keep it as basic as possible until this release and now don't know what to get first.

So I think 5 or 10 bladelords for the Cathallar may be a good pick, a loreseeker and the scenery? 

Originally I was planning to get a second unit of Dawnriders, but perhaps Windchargers can fill the role of objective grabbers.