Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

What, what, what? Guys what is the garrison rule? Even without the shrine, how a unit become "garrisoning" please? :)

So you think the shrine will be deployed in our zone with a hero deployed on it? As probably noone can jump/climb unless he can fly.

Indeed, if the shrine can move it makes the CA benefit a bit pointless. On that subject, what are the CA you are using the most? I'm new to AOS (never played yet) and I think LRL don't have so much (useful) CA apart the common ones (some nation even don't have any).

This apart, I don't know if you already discussed about that, but loreseeker and calligraphe are both Scinari. Do you think they will be CATHALLAR as well? I was wondering why "absorb desper" is in battle trait and not in scinari cathallar warscroll.

Or maybe it will be usefull to deploy the shrine in the middle of battlefield and to access it with a flying hero (Stonemage, or windy guys) and they will just be portected from mélée weapon and will have direct impact on battlefield (to cast spell or shooting arrows)

Here's a theory:

LRL Pheonix Stone Artifact: "If a friendly Lumineth Realm-Lords Hero is slain within 12" of the bearer, before removing the model from play, roll a dice. On a 6, that model is not slain, all wounds allocated to it are healed, and any wounds that currently remain to be allocated to is or its unit are negated.

Could this be related to the Bladelords? Perhaps they have a special rule where a hero can be made a part of their unit, and this rule was written with that in mind?

It's a thought at any rate.

• Like 1

Although I love this forum, You might want to consider joining in addition the Cinderfall Gaming Lumineth realmlords Facebook group ! Among other stuffs like photos sharing and good spirits between members, there are currently  interesting "theories" about the rules for the upcoming lumineth stuff up there ;););)

• Thanks 2

Lot's of leaks with Lumineth rules! I'm in love with a lot of them (someone could say that I'm a bit jealous...). The Scinari Calligrave is my favorites (he engraves a permanent rune! I really want that mechanic!).

Sevireth seems to be really powerful (if the oponent don't have enough range or teleport+charge, seems to be an uphill battle), but the whole new range seems to have a lot of gimmicks and fun things to play around.

It will be really easy to dominate the magic phase with so many +1 unbind/casts/dispell and re-rolls, and with the Hurakan aelementari dudes and Vanari Starshard Ballistas, the ranged game will hit really really hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeremierty said:

Although I love this forum, You might want to consider joining in addition the Cinderfall Gaming Lumineth realmlords Facebook group ! Among other stuffs like photos sharing and good spirits between members, there are currently  interesting "theories" about the rules for the upcoming lumineth stuff up there ;););)

Oh my, if the "theory" about Sevireth's rules comes out as true, we're going to read some nasty things in the forum 😅

Our time in this world is however too short and valuable to waste it arguing over the internet. I'm focused on enjoying the ride and I'm loving the snippets of information and lore so far. Definitely going to prioritize that lovely scenery piece.

• Haha 2

Ok those "theories" seem quite tasty (I really like the "theories" about Helon and Alumnia) and if they are real the rumour thread will be a no go zone for lumineth players on saturday.

Update: the "theories" have been posted on the aos reddit page as well.

Edited by LordAlpharius
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

All theorical but

Nearly op units and effects:

Sevireth, loreseeker, normal fox, spell that not let the opponent to use a CA on a unit.

Good all around units and effects.

+1Attack +6” ranged attacks spell, scenery, ballista, windmage, hurakan battallion, Windrunners.

Good but situational units and effects.

Bannerblade, blademasters, tp spell, antihorde spell, ballista battalion.

Ok units and effects.

Helon, Calligrave, lyrior, regent.

Meh units and spells.

Almnia city, blademasters battalion, healing spell.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LordAlpharius said:

Ok those "theories" seem quite tasty (I really like the "theories" about Helon and Alumnia) and if they are real the rumour thread will be a no go zone for lumineth players on saturday.

Update: the "theories" have been posted on the aos reddit page as well.

Yeah, better stay away for a while from most of the forum I guess.... if those are all true. 

11 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

If the blurbs on reddit are true - we are getting rules for another 2 Great Nations! Iam currently over the moon (and sun). This is the best news ever! 🥳

That’s surprising, yeah, but you might get your yellow scheme : ) 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, herohammer said:

I unfortunately think the best list will still be spamming archers and spearmen with the possible addition of seviroth as a replacement for teclis :(

The most competitive will be the same, syar teclis with loreseeker

40 minutes ago, Ragest said:

All theorical but

Nearly op units and effects:

Sevireth, loreseeker, normal fox, spell that not let the opponent to use a CA on a unit.

Good all around units and effects.

+1Attack +6” ranged attacks spell, scenery, ballista, windmage, hurakan battallion, Windrunners.

Good but situational units and effects.

Bannerblade, blademasters, tp spell, antihorde spell, ballista battalion.

Ok units and effects.

Helon, Calligrave, lyrior, regent.

Meh units and spells.

Almnia city, blademasters battalion, healing spell.

Really hard to make a judgment until we see all of the warscrolls and allegiance abilities confirmed, but my gut instinct tells me that Alumnia may actually turn out to be pretty good (if the "theories" are true) - being able to move units before the first battle round, giving units run & charge as a command ability, and getting a teleport would go a long way to solving our biggest issue: low mobility allowing enemies to trap you in your deployment zone and stack up on objectives.

Syar may still be better, but I'd definitely consider this as a nice alternative.

Edited by l1censetochill

25 minutes ago, LoonKing98 said:

New LRL player here. My wonderful girlfriend got me a box of Wardens for Valentines day. Do y'all recommend painting the shields separate from the rest of the miniature before attaching them? 

Welcome!

I 100% recommend painting the Wardens and shields separately. It's hard enough getting the Wardens painted just with the spears attached, since they get in the way of the chest icon and breastplate. The shields would make it 10x worse!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LoonKing98 said:

New LRL player here. My wonderful girlfriend got me a box of Wardens for Valentines day. Do y'all recommend painting the shields separate from the rest of the miniature before attaching them? 

I definitely would, yes. They’re pretty easy to attach afterwards. I also paint the swords separately. 

• Like 1