Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/24/when-nagash-comes-knocking-theres-no-better-bodyguard-than-a-vanari-bladelord/

I’m not 100% sold, but they seem pretty sweet.

They auto hit elites, which is pretty damn cool, but 1 attack of 1 dmg. It means they also won’t get the sunmetal rule, as they don’t roll to hit. I assume the maths add up better than it seems.

Regardless I love the idea of these bros, hopefully they actually get a bodyguard rule too.

Edited by Tiberius501

9 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/24/when-nagash-comes-knocking-theres-no-better-bodyguard-than-a-vanari-bladelord/

I’m not 100% sold, but they seem pretty sweet.

They auto hit elites, which is pretty damn cool, but 1 attack of 1 dmg. It means they also won’t get the sunmetal rule, as they don’t roll to hit. I assume the maths add up better than it seems.

Regardless I love the idea of these bros, hopefully they actually get a bodyguard rule too.

I'll wait for the full warscroll, but they sound kinda bad, honestly..Keep in mind these guys will be almost certainly 100 points for 5, or even more expensive and their offense looks worse than Stoneguard in a lot of situations, as well as almost certainly less defense.

The focused attack is terrible, albeit the only choice if ganging up on a single model.

I want to be enthusiastic about Bladelords, but I've been worried ever since the Sunday preview tagged them as bodyguards. Might be partially a flashback to remembering what the new Seraphon book did with Saurus Guard, making them absolutely useless for their cost except as extra wounds for a Slaan.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Yep at least they don’t look OP haha. I’m sure they’ll be fine for what they do, and I’ll be getting some regardless cos they look friggin’ swish.

Yes, I’ll get 10 probably, just for the looks and fun. I like the flavor of the abilities and they should still be good in normal games. Let’s see. I think there will be a bit more. 

• Like 1

In regards to the Bladelords, specifically the Sunmetal Greatsword, I wonder what, if anything, this means for Aileen (Myaris Purifiers) in the new book?

her Greatsword matches the Perfect Strike profile, except she gets 2 attacks, hits on 2+, has range 1” and the Sunmetal ‘6s do a mortal wound’ rule

Additionally I don’t know if they’ll be very good. The models look less armoured (like Sentinels) so probably have a 5+ save, and since they’re Vanari and not ‘aelementals’ I imagine only 1 wound

I think We’re missing something... Since they are sun metal, shouldn’t they be doing mortal wounds on 6’s? Not so good for the aimed strikes, but on the flurry? Where it’s every model within 2”?! Shoot, that can be a blender if used properly. 

plus, The aimed strikes could be used against enemies like a 15 man squad of chaos warriors, where they have a 5+ Against mortal wounds and re-rolling 4+’s, just to whittle them down?

6 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I'm surprised that the Perfect Strike only deals 1 damage. It feels like it should be 2 fluff and rules wise due to lacking MW output

Yeah me too. For an anti-elite attack it seems rather meh. If their anti-horde attacks get MW, it’ll probably end up better to use it also vs elites, so I’m assuming there’s more to it... I hope anyway haha. 

Bladelords are intriguing. I suspect there's more to them yet to be seen, perhaps a command ability or synergy that makes them more dangerous (likely tied to Scinari, as the article singled them out as the Bladelords' primary charge.)

I wonder if out Mortal Wounds are going to migrate over to wound rolls instead?

It feels like the rules writers have had a real creative surge with the abilities they've come up with lately.  I'm excited to see what else they have in store for the Lumineth, and I hope this enthusiasm carries over to the other factions they're working on.

Powerful or not, this is some really flavorful stuff!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

And yet some people are complaining about this too...

Are they braindead or something??

I'm really tempted to go in the rumour topic and troll them..

I really give up abut this situation. I'm tired of being arguing everyday about things that are CLEARLY fair (hurakan) or even WEAK (named regent and blademasters).

Let them hate, we will love our army anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

And yet some people are complaining about this too...

Are they braindead or something??

I'm really tempted to go in the rumour topic and troll them..

Do it.

but yea, I think since it is sun metal, unless we are getting rid of it for some reason, will be doing mortal wounds. If they have power of Hysh, and if they go into a horde... holy ****** the attack output can mulch things!

28 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think We’re missing something... Since they are sun metal, shouldn’t they be doing mortal wounds on 6’s? Not so good for the aimed strikes, but on the flurry? Where it’s every model within 2”?! Shoot, that can be a blender if used properly. 

plus, The aimed strikes could be used against enemies like a 15 man squad of chaos warriors, where they have a 5+ Against mortal wounds and re-rolling 4+’s, just to whittle them down?

The Flurry is potentially pretty good, but situational, and very likely you'll be able to take twice these guys number in Wardens.  5 Bladelords with 3 attacks each are still putting out fewer MWs than 10 Wardens just get baseline.  Even Stoneguard are base 2 attacks, 3 with CA and potentially with -2 rend on everything and you don't even take them for damage.

I don't think there's much risk of anyone using these in anything except 1-2 five man units and hope they luck into a favorable trade.

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I really give up abut this situation. I'm tired of being arguing everyday about things that are CLEARLY fair (hurakan) or even WEAK (named regent and blademasters).

Let them hate, we will love our army anyway.

It's like they have PTSD for elves.. What makes it worse is that I only see this hatred only for Lumineth.. It makes no sense..

You're right though, we 'll always love our army and their salty tears won't dampen my joy and enthusiasm for our shiny Aelves!! 😁

5 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Do it.

but yea, I think since it is sun metal, unless we are getting rid of it for some reason, will be doing mortal wounds. If they have power of Hysh, and if they go into a horde... holy ****** the attack output can mulch things!

Yes with sunmetal and power of hysh they will deal lots of damage! All in all though all will be dependant on the points of the unit, but again we get very interesting and unique rules and it is the right direction for the rules writers of gw imo!

6 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Just ignore them, some people just hate lumineth for some reason and seem to be either unwilling or unable to listen to reason.

Yes, in the end they don't deserve the attention..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

It's like they have PTSD for elves.. What makes it worse is that I only see this hatred only for Lumineth.. It makes no sense..

I play Stormcast in addition to Lumineth.

The negative reactions to my other favorite faction are giving me flashbacks to 2018 . . .

I'm just going to do what I did then: ignore the complaining and hang around the people who are as excited about the Aelves as I am, or are at least able to be happy for us that we're getting nice toys to play with!

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

I play Stormcast in addition to Lumineth.

Everybody's reaction to my other favorite faction is giving me flashbacks to 2018 . . .

I'm just going to do what I did then: ignore the complaining and hang around the people who are as excited about the Aelves as I am, or are at least able to be happy for us that we're getting nice toys to play with!

I also have Stormcast mate and I understand what you felt.. Perhaps the best course of action is to steer clear of the rumour topic for the next 1 or 2 weeks..

• Like 2