Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Looks like the Lumineth are going to be taking over the realms with the use of brainwashing, gentrification and violent calligraphy. Plus they destroyed the ozone layer in Hysh 😅.

Have to say the though, I kind of like the faux utopian grimdark vibes.

• Like 3

Ok....I've 'finally ' been bitten by the Lumineth Bug........am excited about these models!!!

Can anyone recommend the best sure fire way to start collecting a reasonable size fighting force......??

(Bear in mind I've been struggling throughout 'Lockdown ' 1-3 to paint 80 Dryads for a Sylvaneth Army....)

8 minutes ago, Ian Wallsh said:

Ok....I've 'finally ' been bitten by the Lumineth Bug........am excited about these models!!!

Can anyone recommend the best sure fire way to start collecting a reasonable size fighting force......??

(Bear in mind I've been struggling throughout 'Lockdown ' 1-3 to paint 80 Dryads for a Sylvaneth Army....)

Wardens will le the safest bet, as they are and unlock battleline. So unless you want to go ymetrica with stoneguard (or maybe the hurakan if they get a BL option), you'll need a minimum of 20 wardens. Depending on how long you need for those :P go for what you like, rules and points come and go anyways. In the current roster there's no bad picks.

• Thanks 1

Settler's Grain was mentioned in Soulbound, some humans choose self exile over strictness and supervision of their elven mentors, preferring to pay the danger of the frontier but gaining freedom.

30 minutes ago, Ian Wallsh said:

I'd recommend waiting for the Broken Realms: Teclis. Sentinels and Wardens currently make the bulk of any force, they're your safest choice.

• Thanks 1

OK!  Here's those pic of the Lumineth Coins I 3D printed...  Still playing around with the colors but so far so good!  The Middle one is the cardboard ones from the boxed set, for comparison.  These are the Lumineth Token and the Realmstone token from Warcry.

And as I mentioned, I found these on Thingverse:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4747168

If you've got a 3D printer, check it out.

IMG_1613.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve started my Lumineth army with Myaris Purifiers from Direchasm and ordered in Light Of Eltharion. My plan is to run them in Grand Alliance Order lists until I have enough to play Lumineth solo, but due to how I’m prioritising models that might be a while 😂

next week the plan is to pick up either a Stonemage or box of Dawnriders (my income varies), and Teclis himself is the following week  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

Lyrior Uthralle and Horrek Venzai sound like 2 new named heroes for LRL and Death

Yes, Lyrior is the named hero they showed in the last preview (the Warden of Ymetrica), I guess Horrek will be a hero like ven Brecht (named version of a Liege-Kavalos). 

@Ian Wallsh I’d wait right now. We are really close to BR Teclis, which should come with a battle box for the Lumineth, like all the armies featured in BR Morathi received. That’ll probably be the best way to start. If you don’t want to wait, probably a box of Warden or Sentinels is always something you can use, although those also could be in such a box. If you want to play with Teclis, that’s a model which is almost certainly not in a starter box : ). 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GrimDork said:

New Broken Realms story featuring Hysh!

OK.... that was a very cool read..... my big take away..... 

"Flatulence as an act of Chaos! "

So so true...  but did anyone else get a bit of the "something wicked this way comes" vibe from it?  I love playing the elves so far, but boy they sure are asshats.  I mean, our benevolent protectors. :D  And the ending.... does it foreshadow a conflict between the Twin Gods and Sigmar?  Aelf v Human?  Enlightenment v Self Determination? 

All will be revealed... 

• Like 4

I liked it. I'd preferred it if our very first impression of Lumineth wasn't from an outsider PoV, but it's well done and interesting. 

There will be some conflict between Sigmar and T&T. I'm not sure though if Sigmar is all about self-determination : ) (I know what you mean though^^)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Yes, Lyrior is the named hero they showed in the last preview (the Warden of Ymetrica), I guess Horrek will be a hero like ven Brecht (named version of a Liege-Kavalos). 

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but it strikes me as odd because OBR literally already has a named variant of the Liege-Kavalos in Arch-Kavalos Zandtos. Zandtos himself has a special hatred for the living (though Chaos in particular if I'm not mistaken) and would likely make a perfectly good opponent for Lyrior without needing to come up with a new character. 

Then again, they may have wanted an opponent to Lyrior that could become a more personal nemesis (which would be cool.) We'll have to wait and see!

6 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but it strikes me as odd because OBR literally already has a named variant of the Liege-Kavalos in Arch-Kavalos Zandtos. Zandtos himself has a special hatred for the living (though Chaos in particular if I'm not mistaken) and would likely make a perfectly good opponent for Lyrior without needing to come up with a new character. 

Then again, they may have wanted an opponent to Lyrior that could become a more personal nemesis (which would be cool.) We'll have to wait and see!

True. We'l find out, just my guess, because I think they'd shown a new OBR model already, and there aren't any alternatives, or? But maybe it's a surprise new model for OBR? That would be even better. 

22 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

True. We'l find out, just my guess, because I think they'd shown a new OBR model already, and there aren't any alternatives, or? But maybe it's a surprise new model for OBR? That would be even better. 

Honestly, even if it's just an alternate use for the Zandtos model, I'd be down with it.

Random aside, but I don't know if I've actually seen an OBR vs LRL batrep, and now I really want to.

18 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Honestly, even if it's just an alternate use for the Zandtos model, I'd be down with it.

Random aside, but I don't know if I've actually seen an OBR vs LRL batrep, and now I really want to.

Have a look at "Season of War" on Youtube. : ) They just posted one LRL vs OBR BR, against Null Myriad among all things (shudder) this week. They have good BRs in general, sadly their LRL are still using some proxies. But the BR are really worth watching. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

To be fair, the Idoneth were in the same situation with Volturnos, and they turned the generic Akhelian King into a seperate character, King Nemmetar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I’m hoping to start Lumineth soon and am will wondering what base spray is recommended. 

Base spray depends on your colour scheme. In the Battletome GW is using Wraithbone for their Ymetrica scheme. For Iliatha and Zaitrec it’s Corax White. 

• Thanks 1

So, if I have wardens in a series of ranks, I understand the bases are 32mm, but in ranks they kind of sit in the gap between other bases... so how many ranks can wardens fight in? Assuming it’s against and equally flat ranked enemy...

like their range is 3” so 76mm, but two ranks isn’t exactly 64, it’s a little less when they are all nudged in together.... 

... who knows maths?

1 hour ago, ArchaicArc said:

So, if I have wardens in a series of ranks, I understand the bases are 32mm, but in ranks they kind of sit in the gap between other bases... so how many ranks can wardens fight in? Assuming it’s against and equally flat ranked enemy...

like their range is 3” so 76mm, but two ranks isn’t exactly 64, it’s a little less when they are all nudged in together.... 

... who knows maths?

Three ranks as you measure from the attackers base to the enemies base. As you said, two bases are about 64 mm and you have 12 mm wiggle room which is plenty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gurkmannen said:

Three ranks as you measure from the attackers base to the enemies base. As you said, two bases are about 64 mm and you have 12 mm wiggle room which is plenty. 

Thanks. I am going up against a really hard hitting Idoneth list this,weekend for my first game. It’s only 600 points, but he will have attack eels, and the special character king to give them extra attacks. I’m thinking my best strategy will be to have a three rank 20 man unit of syar  wardens. Accept the charge and buff with the 2+ save, and all out defense. Hopefully enough will survive to hit back, tie them up for a turn or two, which would give me time to get eltharion stuck in, and pepper them with arrows...

Edited by ArchaicArc

5 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I’m hoping to start Lumineth soon and am will wondering what base spray is recommended. 

As was pointed out, the colour of your base coat will have an effect on the later colours.

Check the following tip, starts after 12:00 minute:

• Thanks 1