Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

42 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Now that was so awesome! So many good stuff, it's just almost impossible to say what's best. My personal favorite is the Calligrapher and the terrain piece. Maybe, so many good things. 

The new battletome art is also amazing.

Everything is wonderful. I love my army

• Like 7

Woah... Such an amazing preview.... Everything is so damn cool !

Has anyone heard what they said about the rules of the scenery piece ? I could't quite hear but they said something about enhancing magic no ?? 

Also what do you think the rules will be for the  wards around the ballista, -1 to hit from distance ? :)

Holy Cow! :D A LOT to unpack. This needs a bit of time to sink in.

The Video with the speech was a very nice touch ;) Awesome all around, I really love the Vanari Bladelords these are completely wonderful. And not in my wildest dreams I would have foreseen a Terrain Piece. Love the Scinari Kalligraph too and he is a nice nod to Lotann.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Probably March or April 

I’m thinking it’s killzone on pre order next Saturday then they might split this release in half with BR Teclis, Battle tome, BR boxes, half the models then two weeks after the rest of it 

or release all the BR stuff first then the Lumineth stuff second 

Edited by SirSalabean

I join my kindred in positively salivating over these releases!

I never expected the terrain piece, and my gosh, it's perfect.

I hope to get at least 2 of everything (possibly even the terrain.) I already plan to split my second copy of the twins into solo heroes, and I'm also wondering if the Bladelords can be kit-bashed with Stoneguard (sword and cape combo for the win!)

I wonder what the Bladelords will do, compared to their hammer cousins. I know they aren’t part of a temple, but they’ll have to fill a different role. Less defense for sure, hopefully 2 wounds though for an elite unit, but possibly not. Wonder what their swords will do most of all though. Lots of attacks? High Rend? Different stances? 

17 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I wonder what the Bladelords will do, compared to their hammer cousins. I know they aren’t part of a temple, but they’ll have to fill a different role. Less defense for sure, hopefully 2 wounds though for an elite unit, but possibly not. Wonder what their swords will do most of all though. Lots of attacks? High Rend? Different stances? 

I really hope they're not 2 wound, or alarith lose some of what made them special. Aelves don't feel like a race that should have an abundance of 2 wound infantry.

These bladelords are Vanari, so at the very least wizards. a one wound wizard unit with decent weapons is a big enough draw, without stepping on the toes of the Stoneguard. 

I don't want our battletome to end up like stormcast where we have a bunch of different units that do basically the same thing. Alarith are a nice anvil, with 2 wounds and rend ignore. Bladelords being swift foot wizards would make a nice glass hammer unit which we lack outside of cavalry. 

Edited by Athrawes

2 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I rally hope they're not 2 wound, or alarith lose some of what made them special. Aelves don't feel like a race that should have an abundance of 2 wound infantry.

These bladeloords are Vanari, so at the very least wizards. a one wound wizard unit with decent weapons is a big enough draw, without stepping on the toes of the Stoneguard. 

I would image they are 1 wound infantry, 4+ save. hitting on 3+/2+, wounding on 3+, rend -1 damage 1 but with 3-4 attacks each. and a bonus if they charge, almost the oposite of alarith who can take a hit, these guys are more a glass cannon.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Boxes or 5 mean 2 wounds. Nobody will play them if they are a unit with less wounds  and half models than wardens unless they cost 60

Khinerai are one wound and five in a box.  Admittedly, they are 80 points but Stoneguard are 100 points, so maybe 80 points is possibe.