Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I hope they are on 32mm, they look nicer and with 2 inch range should be good still. Plus I imagine that they will have a 4 or even 3 up save. 

Nemarti have a 5 up, 1 inch range and the buffs designed to support them have ranges that are too restrictive to allow you to run 30.

Lots of units do fine on 32mm, fyreslayers for example. 

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I hope they are on 32mm, they look nicer and with 2 inch range should be good still. Plus I imagine that they will have a 4 or even 3 up save. 

Nemarti have a 5 up, 1 inch range and the buffs designed to support them have ranges that are too restrictive to allow you to run 30.

Lots of units do fine on 32mm, fyreslayers for example. 

Yea, I am warming up to that now. I am just being my usual worrying self. Just don’t want an idoneth kind of mistake where only unit out of the book is really used. Just want a good, well rounded book with tons of playing potential. 

Plus, I find it interesting that they mentioned talismen and other magical things being on them. I have high hopes all around that I hope don’t get dashed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Yea, I am warming up to that now. I am just being my usual worrying self. Just don’t want an idoneth kind of mistake where only unit out of the book is really used. Just want a good, well rounded book with tons of playing potential. 

Plus, I find it interesting that they mentioned talismen and other magical things being on them. I have high hopes all around that I hope don’t get dashed!

It would be so cool if you could upgrade unit champions with (free) artefacts... ❤️
So much portential in such upgrades :)

5 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

So I've held off on committing to a second army for a while now - and having seen these models, I'm glad I did, because something about these is really doing it for me. The aesthetic is definitely more in line with classic WHFB than most other recent armies (which is obviously intentional, both in- and out-of-universe), but I'm personally okay with that; if I want units with a true AOS vibe, I've got my Stormcast. I even like the Teclis model, though I can understand those who aren't as enthused. Here's hoping the rest of the kits are as high quality as the ones we've seen here!

One thing that does make me a bit nervous is the color scheme - I love the clean white look they've achieved on the armor and cloaks, and I definitely want to replicate it... but I've also found shading and highlighting whites to be extremely challenging to this point in my hobby career. But hey, I was gonna have to learn eventually, I suppose.

Can I suggest some Daler-Rowney FW white ink? Works great as an edge highlight or mixing into other white paints to improve coverage and consistency.

Anyone else getting a hunch that the Light of Eltharion, 10 spearmen, and 5 cavalry troops that were previewed are going to come in either a start collecting box or a dual box? It is the same type of composition as the StD Start Collecting that just came out, and the spearmen do look a bit more static than a multipart kit might be. Just seems interesting that this is the first wave of Lumineth they chose to show and it happens to fit a reasonable box archetype.

On the flip side, there is almost zero chance that that Eltharion model is push fit!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Anyone else getting a hunch that the Light of Eltharion, 10 spearmen, and 5 cavalry troops that were previewed are going to come in either a start collecting box or a dual box? It is the same type of composition as the StD Start Collecting that just came out, and the spearmen do look a bit more static than a multipart kit might be. Just seems interesting that this is the first wave of Lumineth they chose to show and it happens to fit a reasonable box archetype.

On the flip side, there is almost zero chance that that Eltharion model is push fit!

I think they are most certainly a duel box, at least for the spear men. I don't know if they are made for a start collecting box, as I would think that they would have a generic lord for it more than the Light. Still, could be a possibility.

I love the model, but I would be terrified to do absolutely anything with Eltharion. Looking at how everything connects, I have no clue how you would even glue half the stuff together, much less paint it!

22 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think they are most certainly a duel box, at least for the spear men. I don't know if they are made for a start collecting box, as I would think that they would have a generic lord for it more than the Light. Still, could be a possibility.

I love the model, but I would be terrified to do absolutely anything with Eltharion. Looking at how everything connects, I have no clue how you would even glue half the stuff together, much less paint it!

GW has impressed me with a number of models being significantly more sturdy than they appear at first. I'm not concerned.

24 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I bet people are going to put LED in that armour.

I just had a thought - maybe the Lumineth are called the "Realm-Lords" because they came forth from this obscure New Realm which Lileath created for Araloth and his kin? (I have no concrete knowledge of the Lore whatsoever and only saw this bit referenced across the Internet here and there.) ^^

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I bet people are going to put LED in that armour.

oh you better believe people are going to. Hell, I want to put LEDs inside that armor and I never did anything like that before!

9 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I just had a thought - maybe the Lumineth are called the "Realm-Lords" because they came forth from this obscure New Realm which Lileath created for Araloth and his kin? (I have no concrete knowledge of the Lore whatsoever and only saw this bit referenced across the Internet here and there.) ^^

Unfortunately I think end times made sure that realm was destroyed by slaanesh and a betrayal by bretonnia. but there could be fluff referencing this, maybe as a source of power to avoid the flaws that the idoneth and Daughters have?

I think they’re 25mm after looking at them for a while and comparing to other units. But I was convinced Ossiarch had 32mm so I think these images are just hard to tell from. The rims are just quite tall in comparison to the width, and makes me think they’re small.

EDIT: Also, I am sort of coming around to Teclis after a sleep. I watched the vid again and paused it at his different angles and he seems to look a little more interesting than I initially thought. My only gripe is still his face. I like the angry old man take, but it still isn’t quite right to me. That could though be down to how you paint it though.

Edited by Tiberius501

So, hot take, I'm going to guess that the Light of Eltharion isn't going to be unique, akin to the Spirit of Durthu. I have almost nothing to back this guess up, but it's something that would be really interesting.

I'm also totally guessing that these lads are getting a shooting unit, and something totally out there, like a unit of wizards that are actually wizards, and perhaps can cast an extra spell per model in the unit.

• Like 2

I really like the look of them and id love to see a few more units. I'm curious if they'll do a Archer/Spear dual kit or maybe have Lothern style bows in quivers. The bases definitely look over 25, maybe they're using the Warcry 28s 😂 

I wonder if we'll see a New Tyrion or if that'd be represented more by a new army? 

42 minutes ago, leadfoot352 said:

So, hot take, I'm going to guess that the Light of Eltharion isn't going to be unique, akin to the Spirit of Durthu. I have almost nothing to back this guess up, but it's something that would be really interesting.

I'm also totally guessing that these lads are getting a shooting unit, and something totally out there, like a unit of wizards that are actually wizards, and perhaps can cast an extra spell per model in the unit.

I was thinking the same about the Light of Eltharion, but it was the Avatar of Mathlann that lead me there!

Archers have been all but confirmed. You can see the tip of a bow matching a Rumor image from a while ago.

9 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

One thing that does make me a bit nervous is the color scheme - I love the clean white look they've achieved on the armor and cloaks, and I definitely want to replicate it... but I've also found shading and highlighting whites to be extremely challenging to this point in my hobby career. But hey, I was gonna have to learn eventually, I suppose.

You can do more with Celestra and Ulthuan than you'd think.

20180629_163002.jpg

• Like 1