Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

17 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

How good are sentinels? I’m starting my army with the intention of focusing on Hurakan. I’m getting Alarith stuff too but overall I dislike the spearman due to how flimsy the spears are and Blademasters for the win. I’d like to have a sword and bow heavy army eventually however I’ve got two sets of stoneguard on the way as I like the hammers.

sorry I’m just so excited and I’ve got no clue about how the army is as my focus is painting and thanks to Covid I haven’t even been able to play at all yet. Loving painting though.

At the moment unless you play Ymetrica you need 20 wardens minimum. They are also possibly the best unit in the book point per dmg.

I think for sentinels, you either max them out at 50+, or you don't take more than 20. I think their best use at the moment is forcing battleshock tests all over the board, or clearing small heroes like hags, or skink priests.

9 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

At the moment unless you play Ymetrica you need 20 wardens minimum. They are also possibly the best unit in the book point per dmg.

I think for sentinels, you either max them out at 50+, or you don't take more than 20. I think their best use at the moment is forcing battleshock tests all over the board, or clearing small heroes like hags, or skink priests.

Hi there,

thank you that’s really helpful I’ll get another 20 wardens then. Would you suggest more than one set of any other units? 

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

Would you suggest more than one set of any other units? 

I would advise you don't get many multiples of the same unit, since in a couple of months we'll have the other half of the model/warscroll range and our list building will have many more options thus enabling you to make more inform desicions..

So better get some units you like and go harder once the new Broken Realms book comes out! 🙂

7 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

So better get some units you like and go harder once the new Broken Realms book comes out!

Agreed!  The only thing I’m getting between now and the new release is a set of Sentinels.  So I have 20...  Can’t wait to get the new Blademasters to help support LoE, and the Cavalry Archers!  
so excited!

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

Can’t wait to get the new Blademasters to help support LoE, and the Cavalry Archers!  so excited!

Yes, the hype is real!! 🙂  So far I have fully painted:

The Endless spells

x1 Light of Eltharion

x3 Cathallars

x2 Stone Mages

x2 Spirit of the Mountain

x40 Wardens

x15 Stoneguard

x15 Dawnriders

x1 Conversion for Avalenor

x1 Conversion for Eidolon Aspect of the Storm (themed ally)

The last two were because I wanted a mounted fighter character.. 😛 

Tomorrow I will have finished my 20 Sentinels and then I will paint the beastgrave warband before I tackle Teclis..

Then I will impatiently wait for the new release!! :D 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

Yes, the hype is real!! 🙂  So far I have fully painted:

The Endless spells

x1 Light of Eltharion

x3 Cathallars

x2 Stone Mages

x2 Spirit of the Mountain

x40 Wardens

x15 Stoneguard

x15 Dawnriders

x1 Conversion for Avalenor

x1 Conversion for Eidolon Aspect of the Storm (themed ally)

The last two were because I wanted a mounted fighter character.. 😛 

Tomorrow I will have finished my 20 Sentinels and then I will paint the beastgrave warband before I tackle Teclis..

Then I will impatiently wait for the new release!! :D 

That's a lot! Congratulations! Show us some picutures (if you want : ) ). 

• Like 1

I just received my Lumineth launch/starter box thingy this morning too. Their limited range put me off before, but with their range practically doubling in the future and that gorgeous fox spirit sculpt, I decided to jump in! Actually gonna try and knuckle down and paint these guys too (once I’ve picked a scheme that is!)

• Like 5

So I'm brand new to AoS (though i've played 40k for a few years) and I want to dip my toes into LRL I'd like to do about 1k till the second wave comes out and then make a full 2k list, my current 1k idea is: 

1x Alarith stonemage (enduring, mountain's gift, and Crippling Vertigo)

20x Sentinels

10x wardens

10x wardens 

1x Spirit of the Mountain

Looking for general feedback. 

Edited by Rakthen
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rakthen said:

So I'm brand new to AoS (though i've played 40k for a few years) and I want to dip my toes into LRL I'd like to do about 1k till the second wave comes out and then make a full 2k list, my current 1k idea is: 

1x Alarith stonemage (enduring, mountain's gift, and Crippling Vertigo)

20x Sentinels

10x wardens

10x wardens 

1x Spirit of the Mountain

Looking for general feedback. 

Welcome to the light side : ).

it’s a bit difficult to say, because it also depends on which models you like. If you like the Alarith, that’s a good start. A Spirit of the Mountain will be a monster in many 1,000 games. 

Alternatively, if you really want want to step into the mountains, you could go: 

1x Alarith Stonemage (enduring, mountain's gift, and Crippling Vertigo)

20x Sentinels

5x Stoneguard

10x wardens 

1x Avalenor 

Even less models, so you might run into problems there, but it provides you with all the synergies of the Alarith faction, so you can get used to that, and Avalenor’s abilities are great, and you want to go Ymetrica anyway. Problem is speed of course. Without the Dawnriders with both those lists you’ll pretty much have to rely on Speed of Light, the 20 Sentinels plus Avalenor’s shooting ability at least guarantee that your opponent just can’t sit back. 

Hopefully shouldn't take too long though until the new models come out. 

• Like 1

I was indeed planning on Alarith I love Geomancy thanks to Final Fantasy Tactics so the theme of them really gets me. I figure speed might be an issue but at 1k I doubt I'm going to run into too many people who'll just sit back.  I do want some stone guard too! I love their looks, matter of fact i pretty much love the look of everything in this army. I just want wave two already so I can see everything LRL will have to offer!

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rakthen said:

I was indeed planning on Alarith I love Geomancy thanks to Final Fantasy Tactics so the theme of them really gets me. I figure speed might be an issue but at 1k I doubt I'm going to run into too many people who'll just sit back.  I do want some stone guard too! I love their looks, matter of fact i pretty much love the look of everything in this army. I just want wave two already so I can see everything LRL will have to offer!

I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy Tactics myself and that was my first contact with the term geomancy too.. Though I never used the Geomancer class really in any of my playthroughs.. 🤣

19 hours ago, Pyrescribe said:

It's awesome to see so many new armies getting started!

Yep! I believe that with the new wave many people who were on the fence will soon jump in the fun!

Speed is an issue, yes, but you have several ways to deal with, like speed of hysh, zaitrec spell or cow mage spell. The sad part is the Rune of Petrification being so expensive and the fact that we have stronger endless to play with (Twinstones, Gemini, Umbral...)

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Definitely, as long you fill the battle line requirements.

That’s great I cannot wait for all the sweet juicy lore. Hopefully they detail the other temples but I’m hoping it’s a while before more big releases I need to save money lol Lumineth only came out in like September