Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Blademasters are not river temple?

Not many things hint at that, as of now. Only an excerpt in the Battletome mentions swift Sword-wielding Warriors of the River Temple.
The Underworlds Model which has released is calssified as a "Baldelord" and she carries the Tavlu Rune of Wisdom and learning on her backbanner. The same backbanners can be made out in the silouhettes. ;) In my opinion the Swordmasters will be a unique blend of Tyrionic and Teclian abilities and not per se be aligned to any element. But we will see ... :D

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Aren’t the sword guys river temple? I thought the lady in the Underworlds box, who looked similar to them, was a river temple member?

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Blademasters are not river temple?

As @Aloth_Corfiser says, there's no evidence that Swordmasters are linked to the River Temple.  I would be surprised if they release  River Temple models without a Spirit model to accompany them.  It appears, though, that nothing is impossible any more.

It seems each release is a mix of traditional Aelves and more esoteric Aelves, perhaps to appeal to a broader base of hobbyists.  Fortunately I love them all.  This faction alone is going to keep me occupied for years! 

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

Maybe they are hiding spirit beasts.

Seems weird Alarith got 4 warscrolls and wind more than 10

It's quite possible.  The Fox Spirit isn't that big a model. I'm a little suspicious of the two guys jumping over each other in particular.

2 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I don't think everything shown today is all wind temple, only the riders, spirit and cloud-mage are linkely wind with everything else vanari.

You think they are going to give ‘shinning company’ to artillery?

11 minutes ago, Ragest said:

You think they are going to give ‘shinning company’ to artillery?

Shining Company requires at least 2 models from the same unit in base to base contact, to bypass that they could just have the artilery be a single base therefore unable to qualify for shining company.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

17 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

how do you think the new releases will affect Lumineth?

It'll give us an injection of the needed diversity. I could see a new tome shortly after BR:

Teclis, similar to how DoK will receive it.

I'm sure there will be options to run blademasters, the  question is when are we going to see these models. Likely with the next instalment of Broken Realms, with Slaanesh Mortals yet to be release we could be waiting for a few months. 

Until then enjoy your stay.

Excited to see so much nice looking stuff coming.  Makes me happy I bought into Lumineth-a nice core of Vanari units but no elementary yet.  It is really looking like you could build an army not far off from an old school High Elf list or you can go full tilt AOS weird, or something in between.  

The wind spirit itself looks very cool, but the swirly stuff , though fitting this model better than others it hass been used for, feels a bit tired.  I might pick one up but perhaps remove 50% of the swirl to tone it down a bit.  Realistically I think I like the Mountain spirit better, but I like that we will have both and I think they each capture their element well.

I am curious what the bolt thrower will do that the sentinels don't already do.  Perhaps better at killing big targets?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It'll give us an injection of the needed diversity. I could see a new tome shortly after BR:

Teclis, similar to how DoK will receive it.

I'm sure there will be options to run blademasters, the  question is when are we going to see these models. Likely with the next instalment of Broken Realms, with Slaanesh Mortals yet to be release we could be waiting for a few months. 

Until then enjoy your stay.

That’s interesting. Hopefully they reveal them soon I’d imagine they will come with the broken realms book as they have been revealed alongside it. Fingers crossed LG 

Why do so many people think there will be a Tyrion part later? From what I can make out, reading the Battletome,  all the Vanari stuff would be the "Tyrion" side of the Lumineth. Their focus is on the more martial elements and even their unit organization (1 sentinels :1 wardens) follow his edicts, etc.  Whereas I understand  it's mainly the aelementari who are more in-line with the Teclian side of the army. They focus more on that Teclian ladder and the esoteric elements of the Lumineth. 

Perhaps I am just drawing simple paralells or dont want to give myself unrealistic expectations. I think we have already seen the Tyrionnic side of the Lumineth, just their current lore has had more of a focus on Teclis and his story arc. Perhaps, even though the next BR book is called Teclis it could very well introduce Tyrion in a more prominent role. For example, Teclis plans to confront Nagash while Tyrion is general of the Lumineth army invading Shyish. 

I would not be surprised in the slightest if that alternative build for the mounted Vanari character ends up being Tyrion. From the shadowy image you can see many of the similarities that have been a present on Tyrion's previous 2 miniature designs. Such as, mounted, sword, and winged helmet so name a few I can make out. With this next wave the model line is very close to complete, and I dont think he necessarily needs to be this massive centerpiece miniature like Teclis is. The range doesn't need it. He just needs to look awesome and have awesome rules. He has been my favourite character in warhammer for over 20 years now, but I don't expect there to be this massive centerpiece for him, despite loving the idea behind it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

Why do so many people think there will be a Tyrion part later? From what I can make out, reading the Battletome,  all the Vanari stuff would be the "Tyrion" side of the Lumineth. Their focus is on the more martial elements and even their unit organization (1 sentinels :1 wardens) follow his edicts, etc.  Whereas I understand  it's mainly the aelementari who are more in-line with the Teclian side of the army. They focus more on that Teclian ladder and the esoteric elements of the Lumineth. 

Perhaps I am just drawing simple paralells or dont want to give myself unrealistic expectations. I think we have already seen the Tyrionnic side of the Lumineth, just their current lore has had more of a focus on Teclis and his story arc. Perhaps, even though the next BR book is called Teclis it could very well introduce Tyrion in a more prominent role. For example, Teclis plans to confront Nagash while Tyrion is general of the Lumineth army invading Shyish. 

I would not be surprised in the slightest if that alternative build for the mounted Vanari character ends up being Tyrion. From the shadowy image you can see many of the similarities that have been a present on Tyrion's previous 2 miniature designs. Such as, mounted, sword, and winged helmet so name a few I can make out. With this next wave the model line is very close to complete, and I dont think he necessarily needs to be this massive centerpiece miniature like Teclis is. The range doesn't need it. He just needs to look awesome and have awesome rules. He has been my favourite character in warhammer for over 20 years now, but I don't expect there to be this massive centerpiece for him, despite loving the idea behind it.

To add to this if you compare the teases for 2021 models with the wind mage in (who wasn’t even in the preview teaser today) it shows of the alternate build to the regent. 

The shield has a different design with what seems to be an asymmetric maybe fire swirl, possible the tail of a Phoenix. But also the cloth is red. Those details added to the teaser today would imply it could be Tyrion. His old mode was him on a horse so him as a cavalry character makes sense. 

If you compare the Regent to the Liege Lavalos in OBR it would make sense to have a named character option too. Really hoping it’s Tyrion. D705F66C-E6D3-4ED9-A3F9-03419C8D758C.png.7aa8c210cf9e50625dfe1c445d7aefaf.pngD55B48DF-220C-4F28-AB2C-40AE3FA4C4DA.png.06b65385dedca5f4e3de1c988b94faf6.png

Love the miniatures, looking forward to the new rules... hate that I am going to have to buy a 2nd book to access the range of my army 6 months after my first was released and potentially a 3rd in a year or 2. 

I would prefer to know the rules and proxy models as they get released. I guess that is the way GW operates now though, it’s nice from a story arc standpoint but as a player I find it frustrating to know what I am looking at is an incomplete picture especially as I have a feeling that a lot of this release existed or nearly existed at first release of LRL. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Wow I really only expected 3-4 units from this. There looks like a Lumimeth parallel to Syll’esske, and perhaps a generic mage character similar to Myari. 

Yes, or if you mean the picture below, could also be the Loreseeker, the model has a moon symbol on one side of its head and a sun symbol on the other.

————-

Concerning the Blademasters, the Bladelord wields a sunmetal weapon, the armour is Vanari-like, and there are no elemental runes on it. The banner pictures a tower and as mentioned above has a Tavlu symbol on it. In additionq, the model has moon symbols all over it. So this is either a Vanari or maybe even a Scinari unit (similar to the old Swordmasters). 

————-

@Lavieth My reasons for why I think Tyrion comes later: Lumineth society is split in two, and we have seen the 4 Teclian nations so far. The moon side of Hysh. The Vanari aren’t Tyrion’s forces, but the citizen militias of all the Lumineth nations. On the page they are introduced, it states clearly that they are a combination of the Tyrionic and the Teclian side. They also wrote a whole WarCom Artie about how the symbolic on them shows the have elements of both. You can see this on models too, combinations of moon and sun symbols, Celennar is on a breastplate, but also phoenixes. They were set-up by the Tyrionic Decree but their Champions are Wizards. You have a wand and a sword option for your Champion etc. 

I can’t imagine they throw a character as popular and important as Tyrion just in there in a book that’s narratively all about Teclis. Nor that his model will be just an option in a double kit. And Tyrion probably wants to have a word with you, if you think he’s just going to play the general under his brother : ). They already made it clear in the Battletome, that as usual he is thinking it’s better to focus on protecting Hysh, not running around assisting and annoying others. 

They still have 2 temples and 4 nations left, and can make a whole TYRION-focused marketing campaign for another release down the road, with all the stuff we haven’t seen yet: phoenixes, the sun spirit, heavy cavalry, other flying units. Alone from the point of them wanting to sell new Lumineth models again in a few years, it just wouldn’t make sense to throw Tyrion into a Teclis book. 

DC660B9E-546A-46D8-84BC-B116F9CB2805.png

• Like 4

Yeah guys, anyone on the "Tyrion is coming soon" train is overhyped and setting themselves up for disappointment. 

They will not release Tyrion in book called Teclis. 

As @Luminethmage laid out, Vanari are the generic troops of both Tyrion and Teclis, but the Aelemental temples and mages are pretty much all Teclis' sphere of the Lumineth. Not a single thing teased has the look of being anything other than Vanari/Aelementari.

For that reason alone Tyrion wouldn't make sense being shoehorned into a release with no supporting miniatures outside of those he shares with his brother.

I can see your point, but I am not as confident in an entire additional faction or future addition (beyond what is coming). It is quite possible that the wind temple resides in Oultrai, the re-imagined swordmasters are from Aurathrai, and so on. The different hemispheres do not indicate there is a necessity for extra miniatures beyond what is to come with Broken Realms: Teclis to complete the range or create a new one for that matter. All the hemispheres indicate is that there are the potential for 4 more unique sub-factions.  If Tyrion comes, that is great, I will have a 3rd version of him for my display case, if not, no big deal. 

@LuminethMage

Anyone who knows the history of Tyrion knows he has never wanted to be in the limelight and just wants to do what's needed for his people and then go back to his own life. He has never wanted to be in charge or the center of attention. He has no problem letting Teclis be the aelf in front of the curtain.  ;)

Edited by Lavieth

41 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

I can see your point, but I am not as confident in an entire additional faction or future addition (beyond what is coming). It is quite possible that the wind temple resides in Oultrai, the re-imagined swordmasters are from Aurathrai, and so on. The different hemispheres do not indicate there is a necessity for extra miniatures beyond what is to come with Broken Realms: Teclis to complete the range or create a new one for that matter. All the hemispheres indicate is that there are the potential for 4 more unique sub-factions.  If Tyrion comes, that is great, I will have a 3rd version of him for my display case, if not, no big deal. 

@LuminethMage

Anyone who knows the history of Tyrion knows he has never wanted to be in the limelight and just wants to do what's needed for his people and then go back to his own life. He has never wanted to be in charge or the center of attention. He has no problem letting Teclis be the aelf in front of the curtain.  ;)

You must have read different books about Tyrion than me. He is personified limelight. I doubt that the Lord of Lumination will stay in the shadow of his brother, if at all, the moon reflects the sun, not the other way round.

And even if in his heart of hearts Tyrion would like to be a humble servant, fate and an even stronger force (GW sales strategy) will push him onto central stage when his time has come. 

Exactly because so many people want him right now is one of the reasons why he’ll get his very own release, and not come as a second file to his brother. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

You must have read different books about Tyrion than me. He is personified limelight. I doubt that the Lord of Lumination will stay in the shadow of his brother, if at all, the moon reflects the sun, not the other way round.

And even if in his heart of hearts Tyrion would like to be a humble servant, fate and an even stronger force (GW sales strategy) will push him onto central stage when his time has come. 

Exactly because so many people want him right now is one of the reasons why he’ll get his very own release, and not come as a second file to his brother. 

I do think you are right in that we are referencing different books. I'm referring to the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th edition army books from WFB, the End Times, as well as the various novels and short stories.  Not exclusively limiting my understanding of Tyrion to the little references in the Lumineth Battletome. :)

He has no problem stepping up when he needs to as his history has shown. He did not get the title "Defender of Ulthuan" because he was afraid of taking center stage. He has  always been a duty bound hero whose interets were always the protection of his race and his home.  That much has carried forward from WFB to AoS, which we do get to read about in the Lumineth Battletome. Fate, sadly, is always what brings him to the fields of battle.  It has never been to demonstrate his superior martial capabilities or in conquest/war. 

The funny thing is he generally comes along with his brother because Teclis has made a mistake in some way or is unable to accomplish his task alone. Plus Tyrion has never seen it as playing second fiddle, just being his brother. 

Why do you think people want him right now? Either way, if he comes with this release or later I will be excited. 

One thing that does have me considerably interested is the soul of Aenarion showing up in AoS and the twin gods of Hysh. 

Edited by Lavieth