Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

@Aelfric
That sounds great! The new Hurakan kit might give you some more bits as they are quite antelope-like. If I can get the right effect with green stuff I was planning on maybe giving my Dawnriders shaggier fur and horns, like a horse equivalent to a highland cow if that makes sense.

You can't have too many cows!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

movement (move shoot move)

I'd be happy enough if they brought back the old Reaver rules for the Hurakan.  Using the power of the wind to move again fits the theme.  One would also presume they would use the wind for accuracy and power.  No MW though, as they won't be wizards or Vanari.

Any of your other suggestions would also be great.  They'll probably be fairly fragile, but that could be offset with a debuff to being hit with missile weapons.  That would help them fulfill the skirmish role which is what mounted archers usually are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I'd be happy enough if they brought back the old Reaver rules for the Hurakan.  Using the power of the wind to move again fits the theme.  One would also presume they would use the wind for accuracy and power.  No MW though, as they won't be wizards or Vanari.

Any of your other suggestions would also be great.  They'll probably be fairly fragile, but that could be offset with a debuff to being hit with missile weapons.  That would help them fulfill the skirmish role which is what mounted archers usually are.

Right, that could also be something, like a wind barrier. Good idea! I agree though, probably they are generally more fragile, as the Alarith seem to be the most sturdy of the 4 elements. But yeah, there is a lot they can do with wind (barriers against incoming missiles, guided missiles like for the sprit in the battle tome, high rend would also fit, as well as really fast shooting  of course, so multiple shots etc.). 

• Like 1

Well, I got suitably enthused and excited by the Regent model and cracked out a test Warden for the Lumineth I'm planning. It's very much a story-first project and I liked the idea of doing darker, more sinister Lumineth that had been exiled/trapped in a splinter pocket realm during the Ocari Dara with only the light of a broken moon to live by. With the Necroquake and the breaking of Slaanesh's chains, they've finally found a way back. Think of the Seelie Court of the Fae, only way more sinister. 

Stands to reason then that they would need a darker scheme, and I wanted to get a monochrome moonlit feel - here's what the first one looks like:

V4WKB0V.jpg?1

tL08MXx.jpg?1

aP6lu6h.jpg?1

Image compression doing no favours there, but that aside, I'm happy with the look. Will be getting into gear with the army properly once the new stuff is out and I can get an idea of points costs etc. I'm not fussed on the Windrunners, but the Regent definitely has a place, especially with a Celennar-inspired face on his war-elk-deer-antelope.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Looks super cool! I do have one minor nitpick with the description, though. How is "Think of the Seelie Court of the Fae, only way more sinister," not just the Unseelie Court? That's gonna bug me all day if I don't get an explanation.

In my defense, I am super tired and typed that out with little thought. The Unseelie Court would have been a much more succint way of saying it and you are entirely correct haha.

Off to bed for me!

• Like 1

So, after being away from the game for a while, I’m a little rusty on the meta of Sigmar and Lumineth. How do they fair without papa Teclis? I want to get him eventually but for now I won’t be getting him for a while so I’m making do with the other bits and bobs this army provides. I see a LOT of battle reports using him though, so I assume he’s a bit of a staple of most lists?

28 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So, after being away from the game for a while, I’m a little rusty on the meta of Sigmar and Lumineth. How do they fair without papa Teclis? I want to get him eventually but for now I won’t be getting him for a while so I’m making do with the other bits and bobs this army provides. I see a LOT of battle reports using him though, so I assume he’s a bit of a staple of most lists?

Both are ok. If you want to see a list without him have a look at the AoS Coach video about a Lumineth with Martin Orlando. From a few weeks ago. 

32 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Both are ok. If you want to see a list without him have a look at the AoS Coach video about a Lumineth with Martin Orlando. From a few weeks ago. 

Okay cool thanks will do.

That said, I’m now super keen to see if these Blademasters become a unit! If so we have a huge release coming :D

I really love the Roo Riders and the new Mounted Lord.  If we're also getting Swordmasters at the same time plus a cloud mage and a fox Spirit, my wallet is going to run dry.  I'm going to have to put the Wind Temple first and put Swordmasters on hold.  I do have 20 of the Spire of Dawn Swordmasters unpainted, so I may use them instead.  Hopefully, they won't look too out of place with the new sculpts once painted in the same scheme.  They're not as detailed and in similar poses, but it seems a shame to let them just sit in their boxes unused.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

That new video tho.... ‼️OMG‼️ 

Ummmm.  That is does.  @LuminethMage excellent capture.  I've put my full screen shot of it here.  What all do we see?!?

-Blademasters?

-Hurakan Windchargers

-Spirits of the Mtns

What else...?

LRL army screenshot.png

So, it may just be artistic license, but . . .

The spearmen on the left have tall helms, no plumes, and flags on their backs.

Not sure why they'd make another spearman unit, but it doesn't match the Vanari Wardens. Dual kit with blademasters?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

So, it may just be artistic license, but . . .

The spearmen on the left have tall helms, no plumes, and flags on their backs.

Not sure why they'd make another spearman unit, but it doesn't match the Vanari Wardens. Dual kit with blademasters?

As @LuminethMage said in his close up, and I agree... I >think< the LRL on the left side of the image, surrounding the Arch, are Blademasters.  I'm not too familiar with past Blademasters, but these look like the model from Underworlds.  Mmmm... dual kit blademasters.....

Gosh.... do I need to get the Underworlds models as well..?  

18 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

As @LuminethMage said in his close up, and I agree... I >think< the LRL on the left side of the image, surrounding the Arch, are Blademasters.  I'm not too familiar with past Blademasters, but these look like the model from Underworlds.  Mmmm... dual kit blademasters.....

Gosh.... do I need to get the Underworlds models as well..?  

The ones to the right side of the arch are definitely Blademasters.

But those guys on the left of the arch definitely look like they've got spears or glaives, and less ornate helmets.

EDIT: I shouldn't say "definately" look like they're holding spears or glaives. It's entirely possible that the artist simply put less detail into the figures farthest from the center and I'm reading too much into it.

swordmasters.png

Edited by OkayestDM

I think we may see Tyrion turn up, or a hint of where he is.

First book had a big change to Morathi-Khaine.

Since Teclis is just out, I doubt he will change. They might change Nagash, but I think hes in a settled now 

I am kinda hoping with Teclis disruption to the  death realm, the vampires take advantage and break away becoming their own death faction rather than everyone under Nagash

5 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

That new video tho.... ‼️OMG‼️ 

Ummmm.  That is does.  @LuminethMage excellent capture.  I've put my full screen shot of it here.  What all do we see?!?

-Blademasters?

-Hurakan Windchargers

-Spirits of the Mtns

What else...?

LRL army screenshot.png

Sadly nothing new otherwise, maybe the glaives @OkayestDM DM mentioned. Some people see a bolt thrower kind of war machine in the distance. 

But, super exciting!