Jump to content

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion


HollowHills
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Korwen said:

I am far more impressed with the sculpts once I have them in hand as opposed to seeing them in photos

Yeah, the angles and zoomed in photos tend to give a different perspective. It's a different story once you put them on the table and see them from a gaming distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Vanari Lord Regent mini is plain awesome.

And I think we all read this bit:

Oh, and if you are a Lumineth fan, you don’t want to miss Saturday’s Warhammer Preview Online: The Dead and the Divine. We’re just getting started. 

Plus the teaser: "there's something in the wind" showing something alike a tornado in front of a wheat field. Apart from the generic hero, full wind temple (kangaroos + hero + spirit) this Saturday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Probably not many will hate on this 😃

B123EF2C-A214-4517-9D66-7CDCE8A7E2F1.jpeg

I still expect alpaca meele cavalry. this HQ choice is a different model than the one rider with a shield showcased in the New Year reveal trailer. Different shield iconography

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I'm super excited for this release in particular, for many reasons.

I love the mounts, absolutely 100%, to me they look like a cross between a Tauntaun & a Parasaurolophus (Para being a favorite dinosaur, right up there with Stegosaurus). I love how they can run on two legs, but seem to be natural on four just the same. I also love the kitbash potential I see.

On a more personal side, it's kind of a dream come true. When Lumineth first released, I wanted 2 things: cav archers and a Mountain Minotaur Monsterous infantry (Kroxigor or Bullgor equiv)so bad...I was a bit sad that neither happened. So, i for my own whatever kitbashed a cav archer from a sentinel and a dawnrider. 

So now, I am just so haooy that the cav archer is officially here, and now it may be time to finish the one i began months ago. Maybe one day there will be official Hyshiaj Minotaurs for Lumineth too? We'll see, if so, I have one already ready :)

20210119_121614.jpg

20210119_121635.jpg

20210119_121652.jpg

20210119_121712.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm expecting the Regent to be a dual kit, along the lines of the Ossiarch mounted hero - the shield might be a different design, but the tassels/reins and neck of the beastie are the same as the one shown in the preview vid. 

Either way, I am loving this model and already planning how to replace its face with a serene Celennar-like visage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Feii said:

I still expect alpaca meele cavalry. this HQ choice is a different model than the one rider with a shield showcased in the New Year reveal trailer. Different shield iconography

I think more in the lines of either a dual kit or maybe he comes as a leader of a heavy cavalry unit with the same mount. Besides the colour of mount, the mount looks very much the same to me at least. 

The colour of the saddle, cape, etc. and the shield symbol are all different, but that could be just an alternative paint job (like this is the Ymetrica version, the one they showed on the teaser is the Iliatha version for example). 

But if we get more, that would be awesome! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw the preview of the new LRL cavalry. I don't know why you people say these guys look like they are riding kangaroos?

... I mean, they are clearly riding llamas.

*ducks*

Jokes aside, I'm honestly deeply impressed by the LRL range. Great models. Some unexpected design choices (battle cattle spirits..?), but the line has some clear identity and it all fits. If I didn't have enough models to work on already...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I think more in the lines of either a dual kit or maybe he comes as a leader of a heavy cavalry unit with the same mount. Besides the colour of mount, the mount looks very much the same to me at least. 

The colour of the saddle, cape, etc. and the shield symbol are all different, but that could be just an alternative paint job (like this is the Ymetrica version, the one they showed on the teaser is the Iliatha version for example). 

But if we get more, that would be awesome! 

oh maybe it is a dual kit but look at his cape it is different in the reveal where it is almost touching a shield.  so a dual kit with a different shield/cape/reins/head of the beast (its hair are tied towards the ground in the reveal trailer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Non-unique melee character? Check. 

Non-unique mounted melee character? Check check!  

The lack of one was my biggest complaint about the initial wave (especially with how many command traits and artefacts were clearly designed for combat heroes) and they've solved it less than a year later. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the Vanari stuff, the mounts for the cav archers are unusual.  Don't like them or hate them, they are just odd.  I think I would have preferred it if they were birds (like prehistoric terror birds).  Oddly the tree leaper name made me think of tree kangaroos (yes those are a thing in Oz and also Papua New Guinea).

It looks like you would be able to build a reasonable army from the Vanari and Cathaller line without using some of the more controversial elements which is good.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Non-unique melee character? Check. 

Non-unique mounted melee character? Check check!  

The lack of one was my biggest complaint about the initial wave (especially with how many command traits and artefacts were clearly designed for combat heroes) and they've solved it less than a year later. 

Same. If it weren't for the Soulblight tease, I'd have 100% locked in my next army. As it is, I'm waiting for more info to choose between the two.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Marius au said:

I like the Vanari stuff, the mounts for the cav archers are unusual.  Don't like them or hate them, they are just odd.  I think I would have preferred it if they were birds (like prehistoric terror birds).  Oddly the tree leaper name made me think of tree kangaroos (yes those are a thing in Oz and also Papua New Guinea).

It looks like you would be able to build a reasonable army from the Vanari and Cathaller line without using some of the more controversial elements which is good.  

Well if you prefer the vanari and cathallar parts of the LRL it is already quite viable to build pure vanari armies, and such builds will probably become even more competitive when the Lord Regent is released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These new archers are called Hurakan (pronounced Hurricane?) Windchargers.  So not Vanari, which presumably means they are definitely part of the Wind Temple, known as Hurakan.  The new mounted Lord is Vanari, but can, it appears from the blurb, lead all Lumineth cavalry into battle whether Vanari or not.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rules for these units and those not yet disclosed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

These new archers are called Hurakan (pronounced Hurricane?) Windchargers.  So not Vanari, which presumably means they are definitely part of the Wind Temple, known as Hurakan.  The new mounted Lord is Vanari, but can, it appears from the blurb, lead all Lumineth cavalry into battle whether Vanari or not.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rules for these units and those not yet disclosed.

Hurakan was a mayan wind god. I think it would be weird to name the whole temple after an existing god. But its position in the unit name suggest that there is a group named like this... Its weird. 

I would prefer them to be named after the Wind Rune Orealith, to fit in with the Alarith (named after the Mountain Rune)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So unless the wind temple follows a different naming convention, it seems like that "Hurakan" as in Hurakan Windchargers, is the wind temple equivalent of "Alarith"

That would mean Hurakan Windchargers, Hurakan Windmage, and Hurakan Spirit of the Wind are our temple units, with Hurakan being the keyword. 

For a while I've wondered what the other temple names would be, as going from the book, name of the elemental runes,  the mountain rune "Alaithi" is at least in the same general area as Alarith, but the rune Oreali, is quite distinct from Hurakan.

This means the other temples could conceivably be called anything which I find interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

These new archers are called Hurakan (pronounced Hurricane?) Windchargers.  So not Vanari, which presumably means they are definitely part of the Wind Temple, known as Hurakan.  The new mounted Lord is Vanari, but can, it appears from the blurb, lead all Lumineth cavalry into battle whether Vanari or not.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rules for these units and those not yet disclosed.

They are, they have the Wind Rune on their chest plate, their quiver and the amor of the mount. Plus the same kind of special armor, animal-crowned helm, and animal banner as the Alarith have. And they fit with the description in the Battletome. 

@Gecktron I'd also much prefer Orealith over Hurakan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...