Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

28 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

I’d love for this to be a new non corrupted model/unit. The model is awesome.  I’m not a fan of a “camel” but a weird long necked feline type with ram horns that can “pounce upon and crush foes” ?  Take my money!

10 minutes ago, KnaveOfScribes said:

Having just started a Lumineth project for this year, I would be far more on-board with some kind of Sphiranx style beasty as the Wind Temple cavalry than a camel. 

Agreed! I'll be contented with either, but I would love to see sphyranxes slotted in as a part of the Lumineth range!

Actually, they'd be a pretty great mount for a "generic" mounted combat hero.

Just sayin' GW . . .

• Like 1

From the Spikey Bits page, they have some good captures of the video.  Sorry if this is a repost....

image.png.2e9a59a9a40a2344a342580337258db9.png

Oh yeah baby!!  Im very excited about this one.  :) Is it a singular hero type model flying on a cloud of light and death (a la the TZ Magister on disk, or Shaman)?  Or a new unit of mages/warriors like the Stoneguard?  But is it a Named Hero, or Generic? We did just get the Stonemage... which is similar?  But he doesn't fly.... Hmmm... A flying unit would be awesome, it's the Wind Temple after all yes?

image.png.734da9c2d110a7256fab6c793fa32489.png

This is the moment that I'm ... well... Meh about.  Or... just concerned?  As mentioned earlier, and in my post, the rumor if this being a Sphiranx is SO tantalizing.  But, comparing this pic to the model, I'm less hopeful....  Here's my thoughts:

IN the top left corner, a Tassel.  Could this be from the reigns, OR the end of a long tassel like the Sphiranx?

The neck/fur on the Sphiranx has more tufts/texture than this one. To me, it looks more camel/llama like. :(  BUT, maybe this is what a non corrupted Sphiranx looks like?  I'd be way more impressed with a weird fantasy spin on a ram/tiger combo that a camel/llama combo... After all, as I glance through some other units, I'm drawn to the SC's Dracolines, which are some of the coolest models/beasts!  Hey, I love a good horse cavalry like the next player, but give me something fantastical!  Space Wolves ride cyborg wolves, SC ride Dracolines... Cmon GW!   Give us a box with 3 LRL's riding untainted Sphiranx's ala SC' Evocators on Celestial Dracolines.:D  We can only dream and speculate.

image.png.f8755ae6d909b0b4ff6cf1269c97e4de.pngimage.png.cb3d25485029a28c0976cabbca347a69.png

The "Sun" on this armor/shield doesn't concern me as much... maybe it should.  it's a nice visual change from the other units that the LRL use with Runes on them. So, a question is why is THIS shield/model different?  Is it just the Vanari that have runes on shields and armor?  However, In the top right corner there's a wee glimpse of a shield...with an... awesome squiggly line on it.  lol.

Maddening and fun.... looks like the LRL are in for some treat regardless.

• Like 1

Judging from the picture, it looks as though the rider is perched on a hump since the feet are on a par with the bottom of the neck.  I'm still hoping for camels of some description.  Certainly there is no cavalry unit like that currently available in AOS as far as I'm aware.  I'd be happy either way though.  A  hero on Sphiranx would be nice.

Why not? 

558A2774-5D88-4092-8FEC-F8A2A2E9F826.jpeg

Joking here, I don’t think it’s this one. But it means there are pretty fantastical creatures out there for the Lumineth. They could make a long-legged fox creature in the end. Or a cool looking camel hybrid one. Or a more beast of burden like relative of the Sphiranx. Or pretty much anything. 

The neck doesn’t even have to be that long and slim. If you look at the picture a bit before the one above, it shows that the bridle goes further to the front, and the face of the creature might even be met towards the viewer. Hard to see anything though. 

A9375378-735C-4614-8B9D-2AFA30F7674E.jpeg

Much fun to speculate. About the sun, the Alarith amulets look like a half-sun version of this, so it still could be a Temple unit. the circle in the middle could even symbolize the moon and it’s just a symbol of unity or something like that.

They really chose that picture well, showed us just enough to keep everything open. The armour does look very Vanari-like though. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

We did just get the Stonemage... which is similar?  But he doesn't fly...

He/she floats in the artwork, however should we base on the miniature, they're wonderful at carefully stacking rocks on one another. Probably undisputed Jenga champs.

AoS_Champions-of-Order-Cover-1200x1504.j

• Haha 1

Thinking back from all the artworks it seems they really wanted to push the Alarith aspect of the range.. Battletome cover + both Novel covers + Soulbound cover all depict Stoneguard as the main focus... It's like the army has no other units.. 😛 

Regarding the mount it could still be a non-feather chocobo style creature.. Long-limbed does not mean four-legged.. 

1 hour ago, Siegfried VII said:

Thinking back from all the artworks it seems they really wanted to push the Alarith aspect of the range..

Yeah, Alarith seem to be the flagship of the elements at the moment. The disciples of the stone temple are also likely the most fitting for direct engagements or perhaps the most eager, I'm drawing a certain level of analogy with other settings, while other elements would prefer other roles in the warfare scheme. Warfare is an angle they've been presented, however it's good to be aware it's only a part of their story.

Edited by Tiger

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

At least the Stonemages Warscroll spell gives them flight, so there’s that. 

Ahhh yes.... 😒 it helps to actually read/remember the warscrolls.  😬 they can fly!  If they cast the spell. (Or more to the point if I roll well. Which feels like never. ) Oops. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ragest said:

Honestly, I would be disappointed if they give us just white sphiranx. I prefer alpacas or camels or something more imaginative.

Well, this all being super speculative.... 

when I think of Camels/Alpacas I go “why?”  They don’t scream “fantasy war beast” (of course neither do horses but there you go) But looking at the Sphiranx it’s more fantastical. Of course, who knows what this new beast of war will be. If GW makes a crazy AoS’d up camel or alpaca or kangaroo I might change my mind. 
🐫 🦙 🦒 🦘🪄🦄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Why not? 

558A2774-5D88-4092-8FEC-F8A2A2E9F826.jpeg

Joking here, I don’t think it’s this one. But it means there are pretty fantastical creatures out there for the Lumineth. They could make a long-legged fox creature in the end. Or a cool looking camel hybrid one. Or a more beast of burden like relative of the Sphiranx. Or pretty much anything. 

The neck doesn’t even have to be that long and slim. If you look at the picture a bit before the one above, it shows that the bridle goes further to the front, and the face of the creature might even be met towards the viewer. Hard to see anything though. 

A9375378-735C-4614-8B9D-2AFA30F7674E.jpeg

Much fun to speculate. About the sun, the Alarith amulets look like a half-sun version of this, so it still could be a Temple unit. the circle in the middle could even symbolize the moon and it’s just a symbol of unity or something like that.

They really chose that picture well, showed us just enough to keep everything open. The armour does look very Vanari-like though. 

By increasing the contrast on the image posted, we get the following:NewLumineth.png.16625fe559dd0a8c2b394cc89149b652.png

Pretty sure we're looking at a camel/ alpaca sort of mount here, not a sphiranx. Looks awesome though!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZenithZilfin said:

By increasing the contrast on the image posted, we get the following:NewLumineth.png.16625fe559dd0a8c2b394cc89149b652.png

Pretty sure we're looking at a camel/ alpaca sort of mount here, not a sphiranx. Looks awesome though!

My guess is - it’s neither, with a camel like creature having a higher possibility though from what’s said in the Battletome (desert, long-legged, speed), but all of those are slower than horses, so I’m not so sure if they’d make an animal which is slower and looks slower than a horse the base for the Wind Temple (but of course we don’t even know if the this model is from the Wind Temple). The colour of course, and what looks like a long slim neck with protective armour would fit with a camel too. It also looks like it’s a larger creature than a horse. So that one would match also. So it’s definitely possible it’s a camelid. 

Why I say neither is, because I don’t see the rider sitting on the mount as you would on something like a camel. Especially in the second picture they showed. If at all, the back of the mount seems to be more like that of a horse or cat (or fox : ) ) like being. The bridle between body and head also seems closer than you’d expect it to be if it was a camel. 

It could just be a fantasy creature with a long neck, which we haven’t seen before. That’s why I showed the dragon photo, they could have made any kind of long-necked creature. The Phoenix on the Dawnrider banner also shows one (probably because it depicts the same creature). What I hope for, and think this could be is something similar to the Stormcast’s Stardrake, Dracoth, Dracoline creatures, just fantastic beasts with longer limbs and necks (some with with wings and some without), but based more on phoenixes than on dragons to separate them from the Stormcast ones. 

Hopefully we’ll find out before too long : ) 

E7576377-4C50-4939-B14B-DB90008E9033.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Either/Or said:

If you google camel cavalry there are a variety of saddle styles with many showing the riders legs in a similar positions as the preview, though also a number in the style referenced above.

I mentioned the second picture, have a look at it, it' just doesn't look to me like the saddle is on a hump or similar convex back, that's why I posted the picture. But, is such a small and angled picture I could be wrong of course. Maybe we'll find out on Saturday, that'd be awesome! 

46 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I mentioned the second picture, have a look at it, it' just doesn't look to me like the saddle is on a hump or similar convex back, that's why I posted the picture. But, is such a small and angled picture I could be wrong of course. Maybe we'll find out on Saturday, that'd be awesome! 

Agreed-the speculating is fun.  I hope we are getting a whole additional temple and not just a hero, but even a non-named fighty hero would be good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Either/Or said:

Agreed-the speculating is fun.  I hope we are getting a whole additional temple and not just a hero, but even a non-named fighty hero would be good.

It really is, because at this time almost everything is possible, so it could be everything for everyone. I really enjoy to see what everyone sees in these pictures. During the first wave we managed to confirm the hammer hidden in one of the background pictures which was great, but we also "saw" a lot of things in pictures that turned out to be nothing at all. It's totally possible that in the end it's a very obvious camel back, and I just totally misjudged the picture : ) 

3 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

Is Saturday a new preview? Or....?

Yup, confirmed 😃. Let's hope for at least a bit of Lumineth. And we get some new information about the new Broken Realm book, so that's also exciting.