Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

220pts. They are not too bad, not game breaking but gives some options 

Screenshot_20201204-130306_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20201204-130238_WhatsApp.jpg

And we finally know what Ailenn is, a Bladelord. That’s the most exciting part for me about this. There might be something coming. Sad that Myari is just a 1 cast Wizard. And Myari is a Scinari, so not a Zenith mage likely. 

And Bladelord wasn’t even on the list of units they mentioned in the Battletome. ><

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

And we finally know what Ailenn is, a Bladelord. That’s the most exciting part for me about this. There might be something coming. Sad that Myari is just a 1 cast Wizard. And Myari is a Scinari, so not a Zenith mage likely. 

And Bladelord wasn’t even on the list of units they mentioned in the Battletome. ><

I mean, Bladelord WAS the designation of the unit champion in the High elf Loremasters of Hoeth.

Edited by Athrawes

6 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I mean, Bladelord WAS the designation of the unit champion in the High elf Loremasters of Hoeth.

You mean Swordmasters, right? Yup, that's correct. The other two aren't unit champions though, so if they go with the same for Ailenn, then the new unit name would be something Bladelords. And nothing about either of them in the Battletome (neither Swordmasters nor Bladelords), right? 

But, as long as we get such a unit, I'd be fine with anything. I'd actually prefer Swordmasters to Bladelords for the unit name. And with the big back banner and open face, she could be a unit champion too. Then they could just go back to the old naming. I guess though they'll change it somewhat to separate them from the Eldritch Council Swordmasters (even though they are only legends). Like the have done with the Loremaster -> Loreseeker. 

Anyway, fingers's crossed we'll get them as a unit. 

The warscroll spell's value is predicated on the idea that this unit would be the chose target of ranged attacks. And I'd argue that is only useful if you are playing a mission where heroes score objectives and are using Myari and the purifiers to hold an objective unsupported by the rest of your army.

Sadly this warscroll has a bunch of big misses. 

-Its Ymetrica so can't benefit from any great nations (Ymetrica has no effect on non alarith units so this is a huge waste)

-Myari has a nice inbuilt casting bonus,  but has no access to any lumineth spell lores. He has the Scinari keyword (which unlocks nothing), but not Vanari, Cathallar, or Stonemage which he would need to access the battletome spell lores. his spell is mostly useless as this unit would almost never be a primary target of ranged attacks, so unless he is there to cast endless spells, the casting bonus is a waste. 

Pretty sad.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Athrawes said:

-Myari has a nice inbuilt casting bonus,  but has no access to any lumineth spell lores. He has the Scinari keyword (which unlocks nothing), but not Vanari, Cathallar, or Stonemage which he would need to access the battletome spell lores. his spell is mostly useless as this unit would almost never be a primary target of ranged attacks, so unless he is there to cast endless spells, the casting bonus is a waste. 

Pretty sad.

One Idea which I've had that could be useful is positioning Myari inbetween two units of Sentinels. With -1 to hit from Shining Company and another -1 from her spell, they could be protected against ranged attacks and targetting her means -2 as well with look out sir!.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaleydoscope said:

One Idea which I've had that could be useful is positioning Myari inbetween two units of Sentinels. With -1 to hit from Shining Company and another -1 from her spell, they could be protected against ranged attacks and targetting her means -2 as well with look out sir!.

The difficulty, I think, will be finding 220 points to fit them in.  I agree, though that a Sentinel heavy list would benefit from them.

4 hours ago, Kaleydoscope said:

For 330 you can get an Eidolon that pumps out -1 to hit for d6 units with 12 wounds behind a 3+/5++. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

For 330 you can get an Eidolon that pumps out -1 to hit for d6 units with 12 wounds behind a 3+/5++. 

Good idea! He's better in Close Combat as well and the model is gorgeous. Imho way prettier than some of the purifier sculpts.. If Myari wasn't Ymetrica, she could have been fun in my Zaitrec army with +2 to cast and two spells. I like her 6 additional squad wounds and overall combat prowess but as with almost all named squads, other no-name squads fare better.

While I’m tempted to get the Direchasm for the Lumineth,  I’m on the fence... is it worth $75 msrp? Especially since I just got the new Warcry set  

but, to make sure: you take these 4 models as a whole unit yes?  You can’t just use the leader?

And has anyone been using some Idoneth with their Lumenith?  If so, which ones?

And I’ve actually got in two games!!!  Only 1k points, and no sentinels yet. Details are fuzzy but although I lost, it was fun. My Rune of Petrification went off every time and was awesome. My Dawnriders charged in, did some good damage, then got wiped off the board. 

There are a BUNCH of things to remember to do.... thanks goodness for the AOS reminder app!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

While I’m tempted to get the Direchasm for the Lumineth,  I’m on the fence... is it worth $75 msrp? Especially since I just got the new Warcry set  

but, to make sure: you take these 4 models as a whole unit yes?  You can’t just use the leader?

And has anyone been using some Idoneth with their Lumenith?  If so, which ones?

And I’ve actually got in two games!!!  Only 1k points, and no sentinels yet. Details are fuzzy but although I lost, it was fun. My Rune of Petrification went off every time and was awesome. My Dawnriders charged in, did some good damage, then got wiped off the board. 

There are a BUNCH of things to remember to do.... thanks goodness for the AOS reminder app!!! 

You have to take the full unit, yup. But our can place them not together, if you want to do that. Great to hear that you also got some games in. 

So I’ve just come across this winning tournament  list

Syar

Teclis

Avelanor

Cathallar

-General, total eclipse 

3x10 Wardens

1x20 Sentinels

Chronomantic Cogs

Umbral Spellportal

Extra command point 

2000 points

The Cogs were a surprise to me. Do you add the +2 to move before you double the movement with Speed of Hysh? Obviously this is relying on keeping those wardens at -2 to hit. Any other insights here? I had a 2500 point list built around the -2 to hit mechanic but I hadn’t really considered trying to fit it in at 2k.

33 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

So I’ve just come across this winning tournament  list

Syar

Teclis

Avelanor

Cathallar

-General, total eclipse 

3x10 Wardens

1x20 Sentinels

Chronomantic Cogs

Umbral Spellportal

Extra command point 

2000 points

The Cogs were a surprise to me. Do you add the +2 to move before you double the movement with Speed of Hysh? Obviously this is relying on keeping those wardens at -2 to hit. Any other insights here? I had a 2500 point list built around the -2 to hit mechanic but I hadn’t really considered trying to fit it in at 2k.

I'm pretty sure I've seen an FAQ saying that multipliers (such as speed of hysh) is applied before modifiers (ie the +2)

• Like 2

Re-roll saves for Teclis is pretty good, even if you can’t use an additional spell. Or the Cogs are used by the Cathallar for an additional spell when needed. Likely for the army-wide move as you mentioned, to have his nice -2 castle move a bit faster. The +2 is done after the spell. The Cogs are just very useful. 

• Like 1

So, looks like we are getting a Blademaster unit, very cool. Swordmasters were my favorite unit in Fantasy, thanks @LordAlpharius for pointing out that the story is out.

So it’s like I thought, the Blademaster is the unit, and Bladelord the unit champion. They don’t look that strong, judging from Ailenn’s stats, but could be -2 to hit with missile weapons while in Shinning, and still -1 when not. That’d be something. 

Pretty excited to see how they turn out. Maybe they are also a bit faster. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

So, looks like we are getting a Blademaster unit, very cool. Swordmasters were my favorite unit in Fantasy, thanks @LordAlpharius for pointing out that the story is out.

So it’s like I thought, the Blademaster is the unit, and Bladelord the unit champion. They don’t look that strong, judging from Ailenn’s stats, but could be -2 to hit with missile weapons while in Shinning, and still -1 when not. That’d be something. 

Pretty excited to see how they turn out. Maybe they are also a bit faster. 

Ohhhhh. Snap. This is cool!  Where did you hear/see this?  And is this based on the Underworlds unit?