Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

6 hours ago, CorvoMaltes said:

Hi, I just played against fyreslayers and i demolished them (lucky dice). But any tips to fight Flesheaters? I know I have to snipe his heroes but i dont want to play with 60 archers.

Some of the heroes have shooting attacks, albeit less reliable. Spells are another source of ranged damage. Endless Spells might be another one. You also have spells which allow you to hinder big monsters if you are lucky (with moral 10 though a bit harder to execute). 

12 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Some of the heroes have shooting attacks, albeit less reliable. Spells are another source of ranged damage. Endless Spells might be another one. You also have spells which allow you to hinder big monsters if you are lucky (with moral 10 though a bit harder to execute). 

That’s pretty much spot on from @LuminethMage Eltharion’s MW dmg is not a missile attack (ability) so can run and still shoot (18+6”)

Don’t forget the Cathallar in Syar, her General C. Ability, park her 4” behind a block wardens and push CP, hero monster deathstars (a lot of them) can only attack her if she within 6”, (4” so weapons can’t reach)

On 11/8/2020 at 10:27 PM, Koradrel of Chrace said:

After being away for a while, and just now getting back to hobby time, I'm supprised no one has talked about the true elephant in the room.  Namely, how BS it is that you have to glue A FOOT onto one of the Warden poses.  What.  The.  ******.

Indeed! It is especially annoying since in the Instruction manual the Photos with the green check mark seem to be inverted between Warden 15b and Warden 16a. ..... I am not sure if I am going crazy - could someone also check their Manual, please? 😄
I vivdly remember trying to glue the foot in such a way as to resemble the Photo in the Manual :( After realising the error I was sorry to have literally disintegrated the foot into a pile of plastic and glue ;( .
Edit: However my errors with the foot are not visible since the Model is painted and based. ;)

Warden Manual.jpg

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Indeed! It is especially annoying since in the Instruction manual the Photos with the green check mark seem to be inverted between Warden 15b and Warden 16a. ..... I am not sure if I am going crazy - could someone also check their Manual, please? 😄

I recall encountering an inverted irregularity in the manual. That may have been it.

9 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Can anyone explain why the Lore of Hysh says Light of Eltharion can know a spell?

Seems to be a printing mistake or the remnants of a different vision they had for eltharion. It has been FAQed since and Eltharion has nothing to do with wizzardry anymore. 

This is sad because he has no use anymore for aetherquartz :/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

Has anyone had any success with big warden blocks? I wanna use them but from the videos I have been seeing and the dice I been rolling in my spare time, they seem super squishy.

In my one and only test game against Bonereapers my 20 Warden Block was really lucky.
since the release I had been itching on casting Speed of Hysh on a block of 20 - and it worked brilliantly for me. They come rushing across the field - threatening objectives and make your opponent think twice about charging them because of their Spearwall ability. :) The Wardens managed to avoid most damage of a Mortek Crawler (their Nightmare obviously) thanks to a Cathallar nearby who had cast Protection of Hysh on them.
The 20 Wardens killed 10 Mortek Guard without real issues and won me the little test game against my friend - but otherwise, sadly, I have been avoiding games. But I am keen to write reports as I get back into it.
5 of my Wardens died due to the Crawler and I think another 2 due to the Mortek Guard - but none were lost to Battleshock. My faction was Zaitrec and I tried to buff them pretty well, cant remember if I used their Aetherquartz though.😇  

• Like 3

Well had my first game today. 2k points against Nurgle. It wasn't even close. I had Teclis, Avalenor, Cathalar, 2x10 Wardens, 2x20 Sentinels, and Hyshian Twinstones.
-Teclis 4 casts on 10, ALWAYS.
-Avalenor giving -1 to hit stacking with Shining Company is gross.
-Total Eclipse may be the best spell that exists right now.
-Being able to take something from 10 bravery down to 7 (absorb despair and voice of the mountains) is insane. Then pushing your losses onto them can make huge amounts of horde run away. I was using aetherquartz in every phase I could just to spread out the bravery debuff.

I can see Syar getting the nerf in the big faq. Double aetherquartz did so much work for me.

Edited by SleeperAgent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, how are you doing?
I got my second lumineth 2k game against  Ogor mawtribes yesterday.

(Before explaining I want to apologise for my bad English) 

My Syar list, was:
Teclis+umbralspell
Cathalar
Eltharion
2x20 wardens
2x10 sentinels
1x5 dawnriders

Scenario was: total conquest 2020

He brought:
2froslords on stonehorn
And Jorlbad battalion
He takes the 2 turn 

My first hero phase was:
Teclis making his light blast on the middle of his army with umbralspell, then protection and making inmune to battleshock the right flank warden unit. 
Cathalar protect the left flank with a mystic shield on the warden unit that in movement phase will take the left point, then she uses one of her aether to cast total eclipse. 

All other unit xcept dawnriders cast light of Hysh, expecting a charge in opponents phase. 

I take the left objective an the one which was placed on my deployment zone. 
The right one I leave it becouse It will be a present for my oponent who will take almost for sure on his turn.

Shooting was: Eltharion, teclis and both sentinels units focus on his general
A total of 4 wounds +1 from the spell of teclis were dealt on his general at the end of my round. 

His first turn was, using the mawpot to restore almost to full his whole army. And the moving straight forward and then charging on my left warden unts with his general, and 2 stonehorn one of them roll a monstrous charge and was able to flank my wardens and with a strategic pile in could touch the base of my santinels (spoiler: they die) . 

If any one of you guys has ever played with or against this guys, you will know that charging with them is absolutely glorious, becouse you roll a dice equal to the charge rolled and on a 4+ a mw is inflicted. 

In combat phase I use the 2 pieces of aetherquartz of my abused Wardens unit and they have mystic shield too. 
That help a lot becouse his general was unable to attack due my generals trait
Goading arrogance. 

Even though  8 of my wardens  die and lost the control of the left objective. Eltharion and the wardens focus on his general which  manage to survive. 
The right flank was charged by the other frost lord and a unit of Mournfang pack
Just 1 survive the abominable charge, and didn't flee becouse battleshock immunity. 

Battleshock fase: none of my battleshock shenanigans work becouse 4 out of 5 of his units are singlemodels. 
But Cathalar was able to make the warden unit inmune. 

Initiative roll was on my favor so it wouldn't be a double turn. 

2nd turn
Heroe phase
Teclis: light blast, spreading some mw and protecting the whole army + turning into ethereal the left wardens unit 
Cathalar with his own spell trying to obstruct one of his behemoth. 
In shooting I was able to kill his general and a couple of mortal wounds on the Mournfang unit that was stuck in combat with the lone warden. 
5hen I charged with my dawnriders on the Mournfang causing just 3 wounds,

And the he piled with his frostlord and destroy dawnriders and the lone Sentinel. 
 Then rightflank was absolutely open, exposing the last sentinels

At the end of his second turn just teclis (full health) 9 wardens and Cathalar stay on battlefield. 

It was a major victory for him. 

I probably make a lot of mistakes, but I feel like I hadn't a chance against him 

I would like to hear some tips from you guys 

Have a nice day! 

:)

Thanks for  the report! Always nice to hear how people fare. It’s hard to say, even with a long write up.

Might be that your list just didn’t have enough bodies to deal with him. Or your set-up with two blocks of 20 didn’t allow you to layer correctly to blunt the charges, or counter charge.

Or you could have made a mistake with set-up, or movement in the first turn.

You also could check if just 20 Sentinels are worth it for you.

Searing White Light might have been the wrong choice in the first round, could have been better to cast the re-roll for the Sentinels, because he can heal low chip damage as you mentioned.

But it’s really only arm-chairing  .... 

Edited by LuminethMage

51 minutes ago, Adammck66 said:

Do you guys give your stoneguard a banner? Planning on 2x10 man units or 10 and 5, the weapon downgrade seems bad.

Same with the seneschal and his double hammers, they seem a massive downgrade.

When I get round to it, I will probably have one banner because... I like banners.  Otherwise, I agree with your assessment; double hammers are not worth having.

2 hours ago, Adammck66 said:

Do you guys give your stoneguard a banner? Planning on 2x10 man units or 10 and 5, the weapon downgrade seems bad.

Same with the seneschal and his double hammers, they seem a massive downgrade.

Banner might be worth for your 10s. You can even take the Seneschal if you like the model. His damage profile is worse but it’s not such a big difference, compared to the picks the hammers even do a slightly more damage against low armour. 

4619B013-CB2E-4B9D-A5A1-88D4678B57A9.jpeg

• Like 1

Speculation times - best of times. So according to the WarCom Broken Realms article, Morathi's antics led to 

Spoiler

powerful aelf souls escaping from Slaanesh. Nothing says that they have any connection to the Lumineth, some could be corrupted (which seems likely for the most powerful one) etc. But, it could also be a great opportunity for GW to bring back yet another HE (or other elf) character from Warhammer Fantasy, and add a hero model to the Lumineth during Broken Realms. Would we want that? And if so who? For example

- the always popular Imrik? With an even more popular fitting mount? 

- Alith Anar would likely want to have a word with Morathi (but then she'd be his savior in a way, awkward)

- Korhil? 

- For me personally, of course, Caledor Dragontamer : ) 

- or maybe a "redeemed" former opponent, especially someone who doesn't like Morathi? And could bring a female option to the HE (there was a certain hag queen for example... )

- or maybe a special unit of powerful unit. As something like the White Tower is coming back.... 

- and many more 

- or,  we have enough of this, let's invent new heroes! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Speculation times - best of times. So according to the WarCom Broken Realms article, Morathi's antics led to 

Reveal hidden contents

powerful aelf souls escaping from Slaanesh. Nothing says that they have any connection to the Lumineth, some could be corrupted (which seems likely for the most powerful one) etc. But, it could also be a great opportunity for GW to bring back yet another HE (or other elf) character from Warhammer Fantasy, and add a hero model to the Lumineth during Broken Realms. Would we want that? And if so who? For example

- the always popular Imrik? With an even more popular fitting mount? 

- Alith Anar would likely want to have a word with Morathi (but then she'd be his savior in a way, awkward)

- Korhil? 

- For me personally, of course, Caledor Dragontamer : ) 

- or maybe a "redeemed" former opponent, especially someone who doesn't like Morathi? And could bring a female option to the HE (there was a certain hag queen for example... )

- or maybe a special unit of powerful unit. As something like the White Tower is coming back.... 

- and many more 

- or,  we have enough of this, let's invent new heroes! 

I’m actually wondering who’s going to get the next narrative book? Teclis? Tyrion? Malerion? 

Maybe Death will enter the narrative? Or the Orks?

8 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

I’m actually wondering who’s going to get the next narrative book? Teclis? Tyrion? Malerion? 

Maybe Death will enter the narrative? Or the Orks?

Possible, or because of how the Preview next Saturday is worded "Decadence", it could be Slaanesh? I guess the awakening of Slaanesh('s avatar) will be relatively early in the cycle and then all the repercussions in the following books. Death and Destruction I could see getting active once Order is really thrown into turmoil. 

Teclis seems to be getting a book. I'm not sure if we see Malerion and Tyrion at all. Albeit would be strange if they don't feature. I kind of hope that aelves aren't next, as far as I know we haven't seen any rumour engine which would hint at new Lumineth models so far. 

Let's see what next Saturday brings, could be the announcement of the next book. 

• Like 2