Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

If you like the model, and don't play on a very competitive level you can still use the unit champion. Against low-armor targets he is sliiiiightly better than the Diamond Pick, and otherwise he is a bit worse. It's not a huge difference. But then, if you just play with friends likely you can use the model as a stand-in for a normal guy.

It's another profile to learn (don't forget the re-rolls) though, and yeah, not sure why they basically made the unit champion worse than the rest without him having any other advantages or functions.  

MalletDiamond_Pick_comparison.jpg

• Like 1

Sat 24th was our local 1 day 3 game event. Sadly as TO I had to drop out after Round 2 as a player had to go. 

Game 1: total Conquest

Night Haunt list:
ElHXLIdU8AA6eVj?format=jpg&name=small

I use my nights to run up 1st and take the top right obj while my army pushed up the middle. I kinda wished I had an extra hero to leave on an obj but oh well. I was out of range for most of my spells and shooting due to odd deployment (bar hitting some Chainrasps) 

He got the double turn 1, but couldn’t really capitalize on it 

ElG_PvHVkAApQGN?format=jpg&name=small

Turn 2 I shot off his Knight of Shrouds and turn 3 his  Mourngul

By around turn 3 all was stuck in. Avalenor and 10 Stoneguard were in combat with Big Drogg and Kurdoss while the 10 knights who held up the    big block of Chainrasps got some support from the other 10 stoneguard. 

Avalenor made short work of the Giant and the King and the game was over bottom of 4. I had lost my Dawnriders, 10 Wardens and my stone guard were down to 6 and 4, but he had lost his army and 

Game 2 was vs Seraphon (Thunderlizards) Focal points

ElH9uMjXgAU5Hbf?format=jpg&name=small

So I went first, Moving the Dawnriders forward on the right to just touch the Obj, and then moving the bulk of the army up the middle and some 10 wardens up the left. Shooting saw some wounds on the Oldblood (should of shot the Engine but never faced Seraphon)

magic was hit and miss. He played Kroak wrong (found out the day after) as he said he could dispel attempt for every cast I had, when its actually only 4. 

In his turn he got some wounds on the Cathallar and dispelled her endless spell (as a 5th spell cast cause again he got his rules wrong)

He got a long charge on the dawnriders (who were Etheral), and with a rule I didn’t know, called Roar of Ruin, halfed the units bravery. With the -1 they already get from terror, I rolled Double 5 on my test. With the 4 wounds I got (I fluffed a lot of my 4+ saves) the rest of the unit ran. Sucks to lost them all but oh well, should have played them differently or 2x5 which I am doing now)

ElRPHluUwAEQWiv?format=jpg&name=small nom noms

He then got the double, which saw him use the engine multiple times and take out my Cathallar and some Sentinels. A steg charged my left Wardens and killed them (so many MW impacts) and the center had the oldblood charge 10 wardens and kill half. 

The middle became a melee of combat, with the DreadSaurian joining below, catching the remaining wardens and sentinals, but my Avelenor and Stoneguard got in and started smashing heads.

It was a bloodbath, with the game only being decided bottom of 5.

Id lost my whole army and he had Kroak (3w left) Steg (2W left) and Steg (3W left) left to cap the remaining obj to win 17vs14

Thoughts:

So two games and some interesting learning points. I made some mistakes both games but that’s learning the army. I am going to split my dawnriders into 2x5, as they can be more useful that way I feel in my list. I didn’t have enough units with Protection of Hysh, so losing the Cathallar and enough Sentinels to not be able to cast hurt, so I need to add some in. Id love to add a 2nd Cathallar but not sure I want to trim a unit for it. Its like I could drop 5 Dawnriders for a 3rd Sentinel unit, but I don’t trust just shooting as it can be hit and miss

Avalenor and the Stoneguard are great. The +1 to hit bubble is wonderful, his damage is huge and the stoneguard with +1A is the icing. Love the little ground 

• Like 6

Hey all!

New to the forum but looked around and wanted to pop my head in and say hey to my fellow Lumineth! 

I started the hobby just over a year and half ago, I started with Seraphon. The Lumineth however have really stolen my hobby heart as the models are simply gorgeous!

Kitbashing is probably my favorite part of the hobby aside from writing my own homebrew, and preferably combining the two!

I finished Avalenor quickly, such a fun model! Also have two Truestone Seneschals done and a Warden. Currently I am working on my Spirit of the Mountain and creating my own Bovine-humanoid race for Hysh (as seen below!)

Overall its been a blast so far and I can't wait to see what you all have cooking and getting to know all of you! 

20201025_114243.jpg

20201016_214748.jpg

20201022_000546.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 7

Lumineth vs Skaventide
Mission: Border Wa
r

Auralion of Twin Peaks watched dawn’s first light crest over the Kithmore Valley. An ancient and beautiful land of magma pools and flourishing groves clustered between molten rivers, the Stonemage searched and discovered the magics of hysh. Dawn suddenly broke over the Obsidian Mountains beyond the gate of hidden Kithmore, intense and glorious to behold. Somewhere amidst the vermillion and lavender flower groves, the burial site of his master’s mentor, Kenlai of the Radiant Dawn lay buried beneath the earth.

‘’Always the wise one, Kenlai.’ Auralion smiled. ‘And a step ahead of us all in glory and splendor. He has found a beautiful place to lay himself, a site that eclipses even the illustrious tombs of Ayrathair.

Saroia, an elegant aelven priestess of the Scinari Cathallers, spoke hushed words from beneath her mourning veil. ‘Kenlai’s raiment was said to burn fierce with dawn’s first light… It matters not where he discovered such blazing glory, it is a noble gesture to bring this light to the Shyshian wastes.’

Auralion inclined his head in agreement. ‘Such a fey and enchanted wild, certainly the Lumineth would be wise for laying the geomantic symbols and guarding this place with a great garrison! As my master has always said -’

Suddenly, a great surge stirred in the Shyshian winds, till the moderate breeze howled like rushing waterfalls. A booming voice that quaked the earth beneath Auralion’s levitated form, seemed to stir the lands themselves into life. The words came in deliberate and ponderous sentences, and sounded like gravel grounded under stone.

Erathair, the Mountain King of the Ayrathair Princedoms, a Princeling of Avalenor himself or so the legends mentioned, announced his presence on Shyish. ‘True glories… lies in nature… and harmony of all… the spirits therein… I sense great… disharmony in this… place.’

Auralion sighed. ‘The verminkin hordes gnaw at the roots of this sacred land. Like a great inferno that uproots all life in a forest, we must scatter them from their lairs and purge them from this land!’ The Stone Mage effortlessly turned in his stance of levitation to address the grand luminous host of the Floating Realms. Tens of thousands of Vanari Auralan pikes and bows, gathered for the purpose of battle. At the fore of their ranks, the elite warrior-monks from the Alarith Temples arrayed themselves in perfect formation around Erathair’s colossal artifice. ‘Courage, warriors of Ayrathir and Lords of the Luminous Realm! We’ve claimed this land! No beastial filth shall steal it out from under us!

Deployment:

KfaEeLm.jpg

So, to the mission at hand! Border war sets up four objectives - two placed on either end of a vertical line down the center of the board - another two placed on either end of the horizon line running down the center of the board. All the objectives are like placed half way down the line from the board’s core center, it’s kind of like an outer ring that revolves around it.

Two opponents arrive on the battlefield on opposite diagonal ends of the board, their deployment zones about a quarter or so on each side of said board. One objective is situated comfortably in each deployment zone, which the vertical aligned objectives are in no man’s land.

Shyish is the Realm of Battle, granting every terrain piece nullification… there isn’t much to say about the terrain otherwise except that it is quite deadly on occasion!

The Skaventide erupts from its underworld lairs in the south, while the Realm-Lords sally forth from the north to cleanse the land.

Turn One: Skaventide

The Skaventide are granted the initiative, by only by the Realm-Lords’ blessing, and the endless rat war machine grinds forward. Screaming Bells fill the air with peals of doom and mystical displays of harnessed war energies. The very ground withers and rots from the countless thousands of rat warriors trampling over the land. The Grey seers attempt a few spells, casting death frenzy on the most forward group of clan rats. Mystic shield goes off somewhere in the horde, but everything else is out of range, including a peal of doom roll from the screaming bell (whew!)

Turn One: Realm Lords

Saroia the Scinari Cathaller summons the Hyshian twinstones, then bestows the lambent light upon the great unit of sentinels positioned behind her. Other than that, not many spells go off at all this turn, disappointingly. The Stoneguard advance, running full tilt in their plate armor to clear the gnawhole they had surrounded in case anything unsuspecting burst from the depths… but nothing will come or risk losing the magical prowess of the screaming bells. Erathair (Avalenor) eclipses them with his protective aura as he stomps along in their wake. The Stonemage positions herself between the single file column of stoneguard and Avalenor.

Meanwhile, the wardens shift and march forward to claim the northwestern objective hoping to consolidate and defend the land that they’ve claimed.

The Sentinels are commanded to send a warning volley into the skaven. The luminous archers lift their bows and nock their arrows, then rain death on the enemy, killing several rats from the death frenzied horde. The other archers are slightly out of range, but march with their brethern for better positioning.

PcBe2XO.jpg

Turn Two: Realm Lords

The Lumineth seize the initiative. The Hyshian twin stones shine with an intense light as the Realm-Lords bring their might to bear. Lambent light is restored on the sentinels, then Saroia darkens the horizon with a total eclipse. The power of Hysh is granted across the vanari ranks, as well as an ethereal blessing being cast upon the Warden unit nearest the skaven horde. Auralion summons an avalanche of stones, crushing several skaven in the unit approaching the southeastern objective.

Everything marches forward, the Stoneguard advancing to contest the southeastern objective. Erathair lumbers up behind them, The Wardens consolidate their positioning.

The Sentinels open fire again, taking off several wounds off the ordinary screaming bell with no grey seer.. Another volley is poured into the death frenzied rats before they hit home, thinning their ranks further still.

LE79nOP.jpg

Turn Two: Skaven

Nothing much to say, the skaventide sends in the first wave… A few Realm-Lords are slain from screaming bell enhanced warp magicks, but when the clanrats slam into their first warden unit, only one warden is slain in the melee. The moonfire flash is thrown, incinerating a handful of the verminous men. Pikes thrust forth and bring the clanrats down below half strength.

8gcqYho.jpg
KrV4IiC.jpg

Turn three: Realm Lords

Realm Lords seize the initiative once again!

Again, the magic phase is almost peerless. Power of hysh enhances the Vanari to heights of superior martial prowess. Lament light cast once again, though total eclipse fails. The twinstones swell to full strength, and Auralion taps their magical might once again, summoning another flood of stones that shatter several more rats.

The Sentinels target the screaming bells as they grind into range… the grey seerless bell is reduced to one wound… but survives. A handful of wounds are taken on the general’s bell by Avalenor’s geomantic blast.

The Wardens hold, but the sight of the skaven’s endless numbers on the right flank are worrisome. The Alarith Temple, however, are not daunted by the endless hordes before them. The Stoneguard sounds the horn, and charges into the thick of the ratmen. In a cunning ploy, the Stoneguard shift aside like an avalanche, making way for Erathair to join the fray… and so he does. Auralion positions himself to support both units against the endless tide.

Erathair crushes about 12 skaen in the onslaught, while the Stoneguard hews down about 10 or so themselves… Avalenor only loses two wounds in the fight. While the stoneguard loses one member of their order.

A bunch of dead skaven.
PNLQPb1.jpg
2nGOLu4.jpg

Skaven turn three:

Nothing much to say here… the Skaventide sent in the second waves.

More clanrats pile into the fight against the Alarith…

Eraithair unleashes the fury of his twin firestealer hammers and decimates 22 clanrats in one round of combat. The stoneguard hue down so many clanrats at this point it’s hard to keep count.

The Wardens in the fight with the clanrats continue to hold, but they’re being ground down.

The Stormvermin actually move out and crush the second warden unit on the northwestern objective, and do not even stop to gnash gnaw on the bones as they aim to take the exposed sentinels next.

MqtaGog.jpg

B0SCxdU.jpg
v9QBZn7.jpg

Skaven turn four:

Nothing much to say here… grim are these lightless times, though the Lumineth slay vermin upon vermin, their chances of victory wane with each passing turn.

Avalenor reaches the full peak of his rage, and annihilates 32 clanrats this round of combat on his own (body count over 50!)

Between him, the stoneguard, and Auralion joining the fray, nearly all the frenzied clanrats assailing them are crushed into earthen graves.

But it is too late for the realm-lords to achieve victory, as Avalenor is still mired in combat, and has no chance of reaching the screaming bells on the southwestern objective and laying waste to them for the triumphant comeback.

NRFWdiG.jpg

Victory to the skaventide

13 - 8

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

@Chumphammer Thanks a lot for sharing, and the insight. And congrats on staging a tournament! You just have to find a big enough Lion (or Lion Mask) to put Teclis on - no more issues with MW. Just joking, it's interesting to see the next iteration of your list. From what I have seen so far, these combined Alarith/Vanari list seem to be a lot of fun.

@Sinarai Welcome! Glad that you found your way here. There are many other people here who have quite a unique take on the Lumineth. So your awesome Hathorians will fit in perfectly.

@ThalmorRepresentative Sadt to hear that you lost, but awesome write-up and Avalenor sure must have enjoyed himself there! : ) 

4 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Sadt to hear that you lost, but awesome write-up and Avalenor sure must have enjoyed himself there! : ) 

Thanks! Yeah, not too bothered about the loss! It was a fun and thematic game between two lists that probably aren't really competitive... we're both transitioning to other lists with a little more power to them 🙂. Yeah the Alarith Temple nearly deleted that entire flank lol. Problem was with Avalenor being held up by just the tiniest amount of rats stopped me from turning the tables. That, and leaving an entire screaming bell on one wound :P. I made a mistake by dividing the fire between Avalenor, small Sentinel unit, and big sentinel unit. Gambled and lost on that front lol.

12 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Thanks! Yeah, not too bothered about the loss! It was a fun and thematic game between two lists that probably aren't really competitive... we're both transitioning to other lists with a little more power to them 🙂. Yeah the Alarith Temple nearly deleted that entire flank lol. Problem was with Avalenor being held up by just the tiniest amount of rats stopped me from turning the tables. That, and leaving an entire screaming bell on one wound :P. I made a mistake by dividing the fire between Avalenor, small Sentinel unit, and big sentinel unit. Gambled and lost on that front lol.

Happens : ). But it really looked like a fun game. What list are you aiming for? 

8 minutes ago, Sinarai said:

Thank you @LuminethMage! Glad I found it, have actually been looking fir a good Lumineth forum, seems I've done that now! And sounds great, I am definitely looking forward to sharing their lore, hope others enjoy it 🙂

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the glories of Hysh here with the rest of us😁.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the glories of Hysh here with the rest of us😁.

I'm sure I will! Looking forward to sharing painting, homebrew and whatever else with ppl and looking forward to seeing others creativity as well!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

@Chumphammer Thanks a lot for sharing, and the insight. And congrats on staging a tournament! You just have to find a big enough Lion (or Lion Mask) to put Teclis on - no more issues with MW. Just joking, it's interesting to see the next iteration of your list. From what I have seen so far, these combined Alarith/Vanari list seem to be a lot of fun.

I have a comedy plan for Teclis that doesnt involve lions, something more amusing. I just need 1 more part....

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question, during my oppomemt shooting phase , can i use eatherquarz for 2 different units? Or i cam use only 1 for 1 unit?

You can only use one Aetherquartz per phase. The only exception is if you play Syar and use your command ability “Deplete Reserves”. Then you can use two, either on the same unit, or 1 for two units. 

@Chumphammer intriguing; )

Edited by LuminethMage

Hi guys!

Im about to assemble som Sentinels and wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are on the multiple bowstrings? anyone tried cutting 2 of them away or is everyone rolling with the current look? Im a bit torn between keeping them on basis of being different/aelvish with some workings that give extra power that goes beyond conventional constructions. On the other hand it makes the bow look a bit like a string-instrument of some kind and also it makes Zero sense from a real world physics perspective... so thinking it might look better with just one bowstring and have them look more like classic long-bow archers...

Cheers

35 minutes ago, woolf said:

Hi guys!

Im about to assemble som Sentinels and wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are on the multiple bowstrings? anyone tried cutting 2 of them away or is everyone rolling with the current look? Im a bit torn between keeping them on basis of being different/aelvish with some workings that give extra power that goes beyond conventional constructions. On the other hand it makes the bow look a bit like a string-instrument of some kind and also it makes Zero sense from a real world physics perspective... so thinking it might look better with just one bowstring and have them look more like classic long-bow archers...

Cheers

I kept mine, and you get used to the look pretty fast. I think it’s looks quite good now, but of course they really don’t make any sense. 

Here are two different ways of how you can do a single string look. Both, from good painters, so you can compare those a bit to how the three strong ones look like. 

28D1E0B9-B638-4CD9-8E91-A0EB75E81199.jpeg

67387FA0-5BC6-4450-942D-904F3EFEC560.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, woolf said:

Hi guys!

Cheers

wow, if you want to look at it that way there is more then the three strings to fix:

• the arrow rest is on the wrong side
  • the lower part of the string should rest on the outer curve of the lower limb
  • the upper limb, designed like a laminated spring should have the longest rod at the outside to prevent delamination.

Good luck fixing all this 😁  - I would go for the "its all elven magic" approach 😉

37 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I kept mine, and you get used to the look pretty fast. I think it’s looks quite good now, but of course they really don’t make any sense. 

Here are two different ways of how you can do a single string look. Both, from good painters, so you can compare those a bit to how the three strong ones look like. 

Thx much appreciated! indeed good paint job on these.. 😅 was thinking maybe keeping the hoops (as the second version) and add a vertical piece of the string to them so it looks like the bowstring first goes through the outer one and then runs through the 2nd and attaches to the 3rd hoop, I'm not that good in mechanics and it probably doesnt make a difference in reality but it would at least make it so that they have used a longer bowstring which is less obvious to not add any power to the bow... a bit like a block and tackle thing..

cheers

Just now, Sonnenspeer said:

wow, if you want to look at it that way there is more then the three strings to fix:

• the arrow rest is on the wrong side
  • the lower part of the string should rest on the outer curve of the lower limb
  • the upper limb, designed like a laminated spring should have the longest rod at the outside to prevent delamination.

Good luck fixing all this 😁  - I would go for the "its all elven magic" approach 😉

ye well that is true but its about what is more or less obvious as well. I think my issue is that the three bowstring thing is so blatantly obvious bad so it kinda bothers me, the other things are sure to be wrong from the point of view of an engineer but I'm not. scrutinizing to that level. so for me a small error is better than a large one if that makes sense... in the end of the day its mainly about aesthetics for me

9 minutes ago, woolf said:

ye well that is true but its about what is more or less obvious as well. I think my issue is that the three bowstring thing is so blatantly obvious bad so it kinda bothers me, the other things are sure to be wrong from the point of view of an engineer but I'm not. scrutinizing to that level. so for me a small error is better than a large one if that makes sense... in the end of the day its mainly about aesthetics for me

I am an engineer and an archer. So you can imagine, I had a hard time excepting this design. But if I can, you can too! 😄

1 minute ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I am an engineer and an archer. So you can imagine, I had a hard time excepting this design. But if I can, you can too! 😄

😂 haha amazing

fortunately I'm major in economics so I can always justify this simply by working from a model where we start with "lets assume every added string adds to the range of the bow..." 

but jokes aside it will probably come down to how finicky it turns out to be to cut them off vs how much the actual look bothers me when I have them in front of me..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

These are both nice, but I'm somewhat surprised neither painter filed down the bottom string to look like there is only one there, since by default that is where the three strings converge (as you can see it is much thicker and if you look closely you can actually count three loops around the ring, as opposed to the one on the upper rings).