Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

@cecinadejamon300, they seem to be reserved for Stormcast, at least for now. There’s been a few being used by other factions, like the Ardboy boss for the Orcs on the Mawcrusher, the undead dragons that Death get, and the old(ish) black dragon that the Cities of Sigmar get with dark elves. I would assume they’re trying to keep away from them somewhat, given how much they seem to want to subvert usual fantasy tropes, but I’m guessing they’ll add more in eventually. 

5 hours ago, LewisDawg said:

This looks really good and I'm seriously tempted to do it for my Truestone Seneschal. I've got the two parts of the helmet stuck together now, but would you mind telling me whereabouts you made the cut?  Thanks!

I made the cut at the roughly the height of the small ovals, right in the middle of the thinnest Part. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

@cecinadejamon300, they seem to be reserved for Stormcast, at least for now. There’s been a few being used by other factions, like the Ardboy boss for the Orcs on the Mawcrusher, the undead dragons that Death get, and the old(ish) black dragon that the Cities of Sigmar get with dark elves. I would assume they’re trying to keep away from them somewhat, given how much they seem to want to subvert usual fantasy tropes, but I’m guessing they’ll add more in eventually. 

oi! shinny eared gitz. Da dragon iz a dunda 'umie fing. We 'ent got no use 'or uvva namby pamby rubbish like dis!

'da mawkrusha dat 'da bozz ridez iz a wyvern wich iz bigga 'arder an betta. 

Edited by OrcaLullaby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ObsidianCrane said:

Well got my starter Dawnriders done, just in time for 5 more to arrive this week.

I have had to think about these a lot as I painted them and finally have a fast (well sort of) way to get them done.  Still quite time consuming though.

A5BE8BAA-7DF1-4F36-A880-06D2595AD6B9.jpeg

A22902D5-A0B9-4FE4-9695-614E89168528.jpeg

Looks amazing! 

I'm kind of following the ymetrica color (but I will play zaitrec).  And it's been a hassle to paint, but it looks good. I Haven't tried the recipe they did in YouTube, but I might. The positive thing is that I won't be done with the army fast. The downside is that it takes forever...

57 minutes ago, OrcaLullaby said:

oi! shinny eared gitz. Da dragon iz a dunda 'umie fing. We 'ent got no use 'or uvva namby pamby rubbish like dis!

'da mawkrusha dat 'da bozz ridez iz a wyvern wich iz bigga 'arder an betta. 

Thank you for your input. Now, our zoologists have found out aeons ago, that the so called Wyverns, are part of the dragon family. Because they only have two legs and lack intelligence as well as proper breath weapon, they are counted among the subgroup dragonis inferior. 

For further details, I recommend reading Talerion Scalebinder’s treatise “On Lesser Dragons”, which is highly regarded, especially volume XVII. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Thank you for your input. Now, our zoologists have found out aeons ago, that the so called Wyverns, are part of the dragon family. Because they only have two legs and lack intelligence as well as proper breath weapon, they are counted among the subgroup dragonis inferior. 

For further details, I recommend reading Talerion Scalebinder’s treatise “On Lesser Dragons”, which is highly regarded, especially volume XVII. 

wot iz "to read"?

yer runtz 'az got wurdz fa everyfing!

'oo need a zoggin finkin mawkrusha when yer kud 'ave a greata 'un wit' full uv spikey bitz fa proppa krumpin

Edited by OrcaLullaby
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, OrcaLullaby said:

wot iz "to read"?

yer runtz 'az got wurdz fa everyfing!

'oo need a zoggin finkin mawkrusha when yer kud 'ave a greata 'un wit' full uv spikey bitz fa proppa krumpin

By Celennar! Where is my "Beastly Languages to Lumineth" dictionary when I need it?? I have to come up with a new sorting system for my books *rummages*. 

• Haha 4

Holy cow, those spears are LONG!  Is that the actual model or did you lengthen them?

I don't have an Order army yet, and am looking at Lumineth with Teclis/Celennar to have a magic dominant army for variety of playstyle (as opposed to my monster stampede of Ogors and horde of Beasts of Chaos).  Spear dudes seem like solid Battleliners.

Does anyone have a Celennar/Teclis that's the old metal version?   Seems feasible to make from all old metal bits, though it would certainly weigh like a half kilo :D

Edited by Lord Krungharr
  • Like 1

Welcome (hopefully) to the light! : ) 

The spears are that long. Fitting for their 3 inch range : ) . They look awesome in ranks. 

There is no old Celennar version, it's a new character (if I understood your question correctly). There are several great conversions using the old Teclis models though. for example this here by @Eldarain

IMG_20200825_150803.jpg.483ba5682e2358b31783316dd73d7a56.jpg

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hi, 

Today I want to test my new list of Luminets. Also I want to take it on this week tournament. 

What do you think about it?

Great nation: Iliatha

Leaders:

Archmage Teclis and Celennar, spirit of Hysh (660)

Scinari Cathallar (140) - general - Command trait: Loremaster Ethereal Blessing - Artefact: Simularca Amulet - Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing

Units:

10x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

10x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

10x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)

10x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)

10x Vanari Dawnriders

10x Alarith Soneguard

Battalions:

Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells:

Hyshian Twinstones (30)

Umbral Spellportal (70)

2000/2000 Points

Edited by Vilge

So is anyone doing conversions with these guys or are people Rock-ing the mountain cow theme. I’m unsure what to do with mine I have the starter box coming alongside a box of each other model but Teclis as he’s expensive. 

I’m  thinking if I can find some plastic crystals for basing I can emphasis the real stone side. Not sure whether I’ll keep the stone guard hats or not 

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

So is anyone doing conversions with these guys or are people Rock-ing the mountain cow theme. I’m unsure what to do with mine I have the starter box coming alongside a box of each other model but Teclis as he’s expensive. 

Re: Conversions

Im currently converting my Dawnriders to fit more into the Ymetrica theme:

IMG_20200921_132030__01.jpg.b124dd1489998c69265845c920e3b044.jpg

The Champion got a Stone Guard Hammer instead of their sword, the Banner has a Longhorn face at the top instead of the emblen, and one rider got a bird from the Sentinel kit following him. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:ESo is anyone doing conversions with these guys or are people Rock-ing the mountain cow theme. I’m unsure what to do with mine I have the starter box coming alongside a box of each other model but Teclis as he’s expensive. 

I’m  thinking if I can find some plastic crystals for basing I can emphasis the real stone side. Not sure whether I’ll keep the stone guard hats or not 

You can buy resin crystals from Greenstuff World. They work reasonably well. You can also find videos on YouTube on how to do crystals from sprue. Those look good too. And Phil Kelly shared on Warhammer Community how he did his crystals. Lots of options. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

I forgot to ask. It’s my understanding only the stoneguard and cow mountain thing are multiparty? So with each respectively what’s the best build? I like the light crystal hammers and the generic cow 

Yes, only the Stone Guard and the Mountain Spirit have alternative builds. 

When it comes to the Stone Guard, Mallets are more effective against 5+ or worse save units, while Diamond picks are better at 4+ or better. If you give them the -1 rend buff that breaking point moves to 3+/4+. 

When it comes to the Mountain Spirit, if you run Ymetrica, taking Avalenor is a no-brainer. He can do everything the normal can do, but better. 

24 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Yes, only the Stone Guard and the Mountain Spirit have alternative builds. 

When it comes to the Stone Guard, Mallets are more effective against 5+ or worse save units, while Diamond picks are better at 4+ or better. If you give them the -1 rend buff that breaking point moves to 3+/4+. 

When it comes to the Mountain Spirit, if you run Ymetrica, taking Avalenor is a no-brainer. He can do everything the normal can do, but better. 

Thank you! So would I be alright going for picks? I’m still waiting for my set to arrive with the battletome so I’m not sure what factions there are in it. 

4 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Thank you! So would I be alright going for picks? I’m still waiting for my set to arrive with the battletome so I’m not sure what factions there are in it. 

The difference is pretty slim from my understanding for the most part, and mortal wounds are always handy. I’ve built them as picks because they look cooler to me, and still seem pretty useful.