Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

16 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

That would mesh with the one Rumour Engine pic that seems to be a stone with Aelvish writing on it.  Unless that belongs on some centerpiece model's base....perhaps a centerpiece model that is weilding Sunfang....😎

I cant think of any army that has any war machines with terrain on the base but isn't that a possibility, a bolt thrower or magic bomb lobbing device. they have mentioned that and it could be attached to the base for decoration as we are frilly elves.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

That point in the AoS story made me roll my eyes hard. Whenever s.o. Needs to prove his power that person kills Nagash the ever dying.

storywise from what we know about Archaon he shouldn‘t be able to fight a god. And there is a reason he never fought any god face to face (apart from Nagash but you don‘t k ow how much help Archaon had and Nagash didn‘t perish btw)

In all fairness he also exhausted Nagash with wave after wave of his own men (INFORM THE MEN, KIF) before fighting him, if I remember correctly. He didn't go after Nagash in person until the latter had been casting and fighting for weeks.

• Thanks 1

Archaon kicked Sigmar's butt from the old world to the mortal realms in the first place. Also, Nagash is popably the easiest god to DEFEAT in combat, remember he tends to sprinkle shards of himself all over Shyish because he's a hlrrible control freak...

Can't wait for the article tomorrow, though. If i didn't need to save up anyways i'd be dying for the release :D

On 2/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, Acid_Nine said:

Aw man, not even out yet and they are already Jobers!

But, this is interesting in a small part. You would think Teclis or Tyrion would show up in person if Archeon got this far.

What happens after this?

What if Teclis and Tyrion had a good reason to be out for the day?

maybe Tyrion went to get cigarettes and will be right back definitely.

or maybe they are out doing something... like talking to malerion for a double release? I’d kiss James workshop on the lips if that happens, as well as hand him my wallet 

• Like 1

He is now constantly mentioned together with Teclis. I can't imagine he's not part of this release. Who else could they reveal as the big "wow" moment? Imrik? Alith Anar? A new hero? Just some kind of cool monster? 

Possible of course, but for me that's really hard to believe with what of a nostalgia HE fan service the Lumineth have been so far. Sure it's possible that they want to keep him for a second release down the road, but there are still so many other factions they can release, why take the risk? 

Let's see. Anyway just a few more hours now for the second part. Wheeeeee.

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

I had one of my usual vivid, hallucinogenic dreams last night and I dreamt that the community article was posted and the big art piece they teased us with was Tyrion riding on a huge, 2 headed dragon... I was very sad when I woke up to see there was no community post. 

Sounds like a kickarse dream if I am being honest. Whenever I have dreams about warhammer it’s always stress dreams about playing with people, but that’s neither here nor there.

i will say the only thing I do not like about the wardens is that they use both hands to hold their spears, instead of the traditional one arm on shield and one hand with spear. I just find it a little odd is all, and I don’t think that using both hands are nessessary. Even with elves. These are warhammer elf’s we are talking about! These guys are ripped!

• Haha 1

Well that article was fairly sparse but still got my hype levels up! I’m excited to see how the elemental magic and the sun spears work out. 

I couldn’t help but laugh as they described how beautiful the detailing on the back of the shield is while only showing the front. “Trust me— you gotta see it to believe it. What? No you can’t see it right now!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, michu said:

So we have confirmation of:

- Spearmen/Vanari Auralan Wardens

- Archers/Auralan Sentinels

- Cavalry/ Vanari Dawnriders

- Mages.

We only need swordmasters, chariots and some dragon/hawk riders and High Elves are alive again!

Honestly I always preferred the lions to the sword masters. But I played Asrai so of course I liked the rangers haha. 

3 minutes ago, FlatTooth said:

Honestly I always preferred the lions to the sword masters. But I played Asrai so of course I liked the rangers haha. 

TBH I want swordmasters because I already own some. Could be new lion rangers- I can always proxy my swordmasters as them.