Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

15 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

It's been a wee bit more effort than I anticipated. lol...  For the arms...  I've landed on two options:

One:  the staff from the Nomad Prince.  It's got a great looking blade, an "aetherquartz" gem.48891216_NomadPrince.jpg.57833c9ba927808a44bd7c34260d1dc1.jpg

OR the staff and/or spell from this.  The spell and staff effect are clear so that they match her spell effect base, and maybe I can make them look spectral.  the scale is a little smaller than her, so not sure:

1758881196_WizardwithSpellandstaff.jpg.cf8d21cb9e9aad4bd454490ebc9e4d46.jpg

But I'm still open to suggestions. :D 

Whoa those models are neat, where did you find them if i may?

they look perfect for my blood elf themed lumineth

17 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I have a small question and I do not know if anyone else has had this problem:

2 of the Warden Spears are slightly bent - one came already bent on the Sprue and I noticed the other one when I had glued the Spear to the Warden already. 
So, would you prepare slightly hot or lukewarm water and try to gradually and carefully bend the Spear back to a straight shape?

The 2 Spearshafts are both attached to their respective models already (because I was dumb and too eager and wanted to glue them all together) but they are not primed yet.
I am sure that I have not bent them myself because I have been very careful with the Models.

I am not sure whether the risk of them potentially braking them would be worth it? I have one already that is on the verge of snapping. :(

To be fair, I think these pikes on the wardens are going to make me sad for ages. I feel like it won't even be me that will end up braking them either, you know some poor person is going to move there models into combat with the pikes and brake them.

Has anyone got any good practical solutions for replacing the pikes? The hands are so small on them, will the usual rod tricks work? Has anyone got some images? I am tempted to make them smaller if people have a good alternative.

Yesterday evening while painting I almost snapped one myself when I wanted to paint at a different angle and my Hand touched the spear accidentally. :( So don't paint when you are already tired and dizzy! 😄

Thanks @Nubgan I think I will refrain from trying to fix the bent spears, sad to hear that apparently many others had even more damage on them.

Some good news:
I have returned to the Zaitrec fold. :) Just liked the Idea that the Wardens could display their affiliation to Zaitrec through the Plumes and to some extent the Armour, while having an individual Robe.  The Magenta parts could be a bit brighter but I am still undecided hehe.

Zaitrec Warden 1.jpg

Zaitrec Warden 2.jpg

Zaitrec Warden 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

@Aloth_Corfiser Welcome back to the Lunatics Moonwhisperers! Good idea with the plume to show the allegiance - best of both worlds : ). You could try to highlight one in a lighter magenta and see if that looks better for you. On the topic of the pikes, I managed to snap one today while painting the model. Luckily for us, the Wardens are cheap and a breeze to paint, so we can just get a few extra packages of them 🤪😭

@Nubgan that’s a great red-purple. Very nice contrast with the creme and gold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

WTF!!

Is amazing. What parts were used for Clod?

The conversion was quite extensive, but there are a lot of wip photos if you search my name through this thread.

Of the top of my head these are the bits uses for cloud (but few of them are unaltered/repositioned/sculpted)

The legs are based around the OOP metal Imrik model, with Light of Eltharion's Knee pads, thigh armor, and sword sheath. 

The torso is based around a shadow Warrior tunic with the shoulders and cape cut off and sculpted over, the belt is the belt from Light of Eltharion

The arms, are a mix of Namarti Thrall and Wild Rider, with the glove and gauntlet coming from the shadow warrior kit and Eltharion respectively. The sword is a a filled in version of Orion's spear from the old wood elves line, with added ornamentation. 

The head is the least converted bit, it's one of the female heads from the FW Van Saar necromunda upgrade set, with hair sculpted over the top. 

Through out there is a lot of pinning repositioning and sculpting, but those are base parts.

Edited by Athrawes

6 hours ago, Yondaime said:

Whoa those models are neat, where did you find them if i may?

they look perfect for my blood elf themed lumineth

The Nomad Prince is from GW.  The other mini is the/a Male Human Sorcerer from Wizkids, the Pathfinder Deep Cuts line I think.  IMO the mini isn't quite as clean and crisp as the digital render I used above, but they could make a cool hero/stand in for a Lumineth.  I do like their use of the clear plastic for spell effects.  Here's a quick comparison to a Warden.  The Wizkid scale is just a bit off... but close.  Think it's 28mm vs 32mm?  

Wizkids mini vs GW Warden.JPG

So I'm finally getting around to fudging a list together.  Planning on doing a 1k list at first to practice with the LRL's, then slowly adding/buying up to get a 2k.  I'm using the Warscroll builder, and have a few questions:

When I put the Wardens in, they have three slots for Lore Spells?  Thought they only knew one (Power of H) and Overwhelming Heat IF they are from Zaitrac.  Why three slots?  And none of those spells show up in the drop down lists.... am I missing something?

Does the Cathallar get an extra spell from the Lore?  She knows Bolt, Shield, Darkness o Soul, Overwhelming heat (Zaitrac spell)... that's it right?

What's everyone's thoughts on the endless spells?  Rune of Petricifation or Twin Stones?  I like the idea of a spell that can't affect me.

What do others use for list building?

Here's my 1st list:  I've edited over the spells to show what I think they should have.

1463167352_BoxCathallar.jpg.028fba5bdf9e42f4d81d46475947bc85.jpg

4 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

So I'm finally getting around to fudging a list together.  Planning on doing a 1k list at first to practice with the LRL's, then slowly adding/buying up to get a 2k.  I'm using the Warscroll builder, and have a few questions:

When I put the Wardens in, they have three slots for Lore Spells?  Thought they only knew one (Power of H) and Overwhelming Heat IF they are from Zaitrac.  Why three slots?  And none of those spells show up in the drop down lists.... am I missing something?

Does the Cathallar get an extra spell from the Lore?  She knows Bolt, Shield, Darkness o Soul, Overwhelming heat (Zaitrac spell)... that's it right?

What's everyone's thoughts on the endless spells?  Rune of Petricifation or Twin Stones?  I like the idea of a spell that can't affect me.

What do others use for list building?

Here's my 1st list:  I've edited over the spells to show what I think they should have.

1463167352_BoxCathallar.jpg.028fba5bdf9e42f4d81d46475947bc85.jpg

You forgot to factor in the cost of the Dawnrider Lance battalion, which is 120 points - coincidentally the cost of the CP and Endless spell.  I would leave out Endless spells at 1000 points and wait til 2000.   All Wizards can select one spell from their respective Spell Lore, including the unit Champions.

• Like 2

@Wyliekyote Just to add a bit on what Aelfric said: The Warscroll Builder doesn't show you the spells on the Warscroll of a unit. Because you always know them. Also other spells that you always know are not shown. Only if you have to select among choices. If you click on Teclis - he doesn't get any option to choose spells - because he knows all of them. That's why you also don't get the option to add Overwhelming Heat. 

In addition, there are some glitches like giving you three options for your Warden, although you only have one, and not showing Zaitrec's additional spell for wizard heroes (this works for other factions, and might get fixed in the future). 

All your Vanari unit champions know PoH, and they all can take one spell from the Lore of Hysh. If you play Zaitrec - as you say they also all know OH. Your Cathallar knows the spells you mentioned plus normally one from the Lore of Hysh, and if you play Zaitrec a second spell from the Lore of Hysh (she can only cast one spell per phase though). 

I'd also think about dropping the Dawnrider Lance battalion and add another 10 Warden, that likely helps you more. You have no one to give a second artifact, CP should not be a huge problem and you are not aiming for a 1 drop list. Depends of course if you want to buy another 10 Warden. If you want to branch out later into the Alarith, you could also add 1 x 5 Stoneguard and a cheap Endless Spell, and see how that goes.

Endless Spells depend a bit on your strategy. The Rune could be good. The Twinstones could also be good if you take Zaitrec, together with the Cogs for example. But again 2 Endless Spells in a 1,000 list might not be more useful than just having more bodies on the ground as Aelfric mentioned. 

My first 1,000 (990) list will be (Zaitrec) Scinari Cathallar, Eltharion, 3 x 10 Warden, 1 x 5  Dawnrider, 1 x 10 Sentinel. Partly because I have already 30 Warden mostly painted, lol. And then I'll shuffle around depending on how things work out, and add in other models/units to build up to 2,000. If they wouldn't have released the Sentinels soon, I'd gone with your list (except 3 x 10 Warden instead of the extra things in your's). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m probably gonna do one similar to yours, @LuminethMage, just swapping 10 Wardens for 10 more Sentinels. 

That's probably better. 10 Sentinels could be too few to have much of an impact at all. 20 with a bit of luck (and maybe Lambent Light) could take out a low wound hero in one shooting phase. But I want to put my 30 painted Warden on the board 😅 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

That's probably better. 10 Sentinels could be too few to have much of an impact at all. 20 with a bit of luck (and maybe Lambent Light) could take out a low wound hero in one shooting phase. But I want to put my 30 painted Warden on the board 😅 

30 painted wardens aside, I don't think this army can function properly in theory without 30 at 1000, let alone 2000. The big block of 20 seems to be a staple part, especially to get any amount of sentinels and dawn riders. The fear at 1000pts is mobility will be a huge issue in objective based scenarios due to the desire to 'shield wall' if your spending that much on wardens. Do people think units of 10 are really durable enough though if you did drop that to 20?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nubgan said:

30 painted wardens aside, I don't think this army can function properly in theory without 30 at 1000, let alone 2000. The big block of 20 seems to be a staple part, especially to get any amount of sentinels and dawn riders. The fear at 1000pts is mobility will be a huge issue in objective based scenarios due to the desire to 'shield wall' if your spending that much on wardens. Do people think units of 10 are really durable enough though if you did drop that to 20?

I don’t know about the 30 in a 1,000. Exactly the stuff I want to test. If you look at all the theory-crafting about how to use Wardens best, there are some who think 20 min are best, others think MSU are better. As mentioned 10 Sentinels could be too few to have much of an impact. We’ll hopefully finally get more reports from people. 

So have any of you that have played already or really been hammering out lists come up  with unit sizes and how you are going to rank your wardens? 

I mentioned I had seen initial designs for shining company mag bases, so if there is any kind of common thread maybe I can drop the manufacturer your needs and make sure that those configurations aren’t missed.

personally I was thinking 2x5 in 10 man, 2x10 and 7x6x7 in 20 man and 3x10 in 30 man.

The 3 Rank bases would be made by combining a double and single rank, so that these can be used for sentinels as well. 

Anything else?

Edited by Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce
Clarification