Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

46 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So how do the Lumineth see the other races? Me and my brother want to do some Stunty vs knife ear action (he does Kharadron). Lumineth don’t seem the type to just hate peeps, but they also seem quite up themselves like the old world. 

Pretty similar yup, all the “we are just better stuff” But if you want an actual reason you could use a magical artifact that both need for example (or one side wants to destroy).

Also the Lumineth secure Chaos tainted areas by burning mile long mystic runes into the ground, and if someone happens to be there - bad luck in most cases.

So that could have happened, and you have some angry duardin because you burned half a village to the ground they were trading with (or maybe it was already influenced by Chaos - which the KO didn’t know - and the Lumineth just burned everything down).

Or there is an Aethergold source at a place the Lumineth consider crucial because of some mystical reason. 

Or something the KO did, angered/hurt one of the Hyshian spirits. 

Just on top of my mind. 

• Like 2

Those are good suggestion. I think we’re both going to go with 2 things, based on your suggestions. 1) A general dislike/distrust of one another. The Lumineth are a secretive race who’ve only just started to show themselves in the other realms and are “bigoted and self righteous Crusaders,” and the Kharadron are “greedy thieves who steal precious artefacts and sell them to uncaring aristocrats.” 2) A current quest and reason to be in conflict, which is a stormvault in Ghyran they’re both after. The Lumineth think it’s housing artefacts invaluable to the fight against chaos, while the Kharadron want to plunder it for immense wealth. My Lumineth see the Kharadron as gravely endangering the realms. His Kharadron see no point in an unwinable  war, so why shouldn’t they take the riches for a better life in the skies?

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

5 more Dawnriders done

EgR9OzZUYAEIPNc?format=jpg&name=medium

10 Together 

EgR9PZNUMAEL25F?format=jpg&name=medium

EgR9PGAUcAAA7co?format=jpg&name=medium

(one unit has blue trail on their helms and one doesnt)

Dude!  This.  is. AWESOME!  I'm gonna pepper you with questions now... and I might be stealing the idea.... :D 

I love the use of the Temple roller from GSW (and love them in general!).  It's tempted me several times now.  Did you make the roller texture with Green Stuff?  What else did you use on the bases to break the texture up? And where is the broken statue face from?  I'm very new to the AoS stuff, so where did the lions come from (both the steeds and the shoulders?!)?  How challenging was this conversion/kitbash?  I've not yet made any Dawnriders, but I've heard that they are a pain in the a$$.

But seriously, this is epic.  Congrats!🤘

26 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

Dude!  This.  is. AWESOME!  I'm gonna pepper you with questions now... and I might be stealing the idea.... :D 

I love the use of the Temple roller from GSW (and love them in general!).  It's tempted me several times now.  Did you make the roller texture with Green Stuff?  What else did you use on the bases to break the texture up? And where is the broken statue face from?  I'm very new to the AoS stuff, so where did the lions come from (both the steeds and the shoulders?!)?  How challenging was this conversion/kitbash?  I've not yet made any Dawnriders, but I've heard that they are a pain in the a$$.

But seriously, this is epic.  Congrats!🤘

Cheers bud. Will answer as much as I can

1: I really Like the rollers, kinda use them for most of my AOS stuff atm (both my armies are Aelves so works fine)

I just used green stuff, wetting the greenstuff and roller slightly so it wont stick.  To break up the rest of the base (since my DOK are brown bases with Grass and tufts) I went with some AK terrain stuff I won at LVO (https://ak-interactive.com/product/terrains-light-earth-250ml/) and used that. I washed both with Earthshade and then drybrushed with a few colours (finalizing with some tufts from Army Painter)

2: Broken statue I had from my old highelves. They have a good range of stuff from Scribor miniatures. https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=758

3: Lions and shoulders are from the High Elf WFB Lion Chariot kit. I had like 20 Lions kicking around from Chariots which are unusable atm, so made some Scourgerunner chariots and now these guys

4:It was pretty easy, just needed some greenstuff to make the legs a bit wider without looking to odd, and I had to cut some of the shoulders a bit to fit the lion ones. Also a little green stuff for some of the female heads as they dont have necks deep enough 

TBH the dawnriders seem fine (not done horses) the main issue is they have some annoying mold lines. However, Wardens are far worse for moldlines lol

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

the main issue is they have some annoying mold lines. However, Wardens are far worse for moldlines lol

I completely agree.  Have spent a lot of time cleaning models.  Also, one broken rein and a rather shorter Standard pole for the Dawnriders.  They are lovely models once built, but very time-consuming.  Please don't let there be mold-lines on the Sentinels' bowstrings.

3 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Cheers bud. Will answer as much as I can

1: I really Like the rollers, kinda use them for most of my AOS stuff atm (both my armies are Aelves so works fine)

I just used green stuff, wetting the greenstuff and roller slightly so it wont stick.  To break up the rest of the base (since my DOK are brown bases with Grass and tufts) I went with some AK terrain stuff I won at LVO (https://ak-interactive.com/product/terrains-light-earth-250ml/) and used that. I washed both with Earthshade and then drybrushed with a few colours (finalizing with some tufts from Army Painter)

2: Broken statue I had from my old highelves. They have a good range of stuff from Scribor miniatures. https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=758

3: Lions and shoulders are from the High Elf WFB Lion Chariot kit. I had like 20 Lions kicking around from Chariots which are unusable atm, so made some Scourgerunner chariots and now these guys

4:It was pretty easy, just needed some greenstuff to make the legs a bit wider without looking to odd, and I had to cut some of the shoulders a bit to fit the lion ones. Also a little green stuff for some of the female heads as they dont have necks deep enough 

TBH the dawnriders seem fine (not done horses) the main issue is they have some annoying mold lines. However, Wardens are far worse for moldlines lol

I've got quite a few of the GSW rollers also.  Really love them...  look great and so easy.  Do you find green stuff works the best?  I'm in process of mucking about with different materials (Greenstuff, Milliput, mix of both, SuperSculpty, Polymer Clay) to find a good but reasonably priced option.

Thanks for the website!  They have some cool looking stuff!  Wondering if there's anything like that in the US that'd be easier to get....

And now you've got my brain hamster working... lol...  I'm going to do one squad of Dawnriders as designed, but... maybe.. do a mash up like you did.  Although them Lions are like $99 on ebay.,, so prob not them.  BUT. there's the old Space Wolves Fenrisian Wolf Pack??  Not sure if that'll make them no much like Ye Ol' Wood Elves, but they look like they are close to the same base size.  I look at the Wood Elf ( I think) Sister of the Thorn and Wild Riders, and wanna make my Realm Lords be that dynamic/cool...  Or maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit and should wait to see what else is released for us Realm Lords.

Thanks for the info!

Oh man!  Not to sound repetitive but awesome Eldarain.  I totally wish that’s what Teclis/Celenono looked like. Wish it looked more like the poster pose from the kit. And Didn’t the old Elf models come with two figures?  One on the beast/dragon/etc and one separate?  Or am I imagining that? But Bravo dude!

• Thanks 1

I've now completed and based by first 5 Dawnriders, 10 Wardens, and my converted Scinari Cathallar.

The Cathallar is based on one of my favorite High Elves miniatures, the classic Archmage on Elemental base. While I adore that model, it felt wrong to use it as-is, so I went about converting her to more closely fit the aesthetic of the Lumineth Cathallar, most notably by sculpting a veil on a new head for her, and creating a smoke-censor staff to echo the curved language of the official miniatures headpeice. 

Let me know what you think! 

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5069.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 5

6 hours ago, Eldarain said:

I know the metal and plastic cavalry heroes came with foot versions. Not sure if our dragons did (I'm still rocking original Imrik)

As someone who recently put together the plastic high elf lord on dragon kit for an anvil hero and CoS counts-as, I can confirm that it does not come with an on-foot option.

Loreseeker on Spirit of the Wind complete.

From the first tease of the Lumineth in January, I have been excited thinking about what my armies general would look like. I've enjoyed roleplaying through my miniature collections on the tabletop, and one of the best aspects of this hobby sculpting/kitbashing a unique hero to lead your force.
My goal setting out was to create something that both blends in with the established design language of the new Lumineth range, and simultaneously stands out as a unique creation. From the spirit mask, to the armor to the basing I believe that I have achieved those goals.

This was a labor of love, and I hope to see other hobbyists create unique and fantastical heroes using the fertile background of Age of sigmar and the Lumineth.

I hope you enjoy!

loreseeker-on-spirit-of-the-wind.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

14 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So who’s being an idiot like me and getting ready for the glorious disappointment later when they announce some random thing to go up for pre-order next week, instead of our resplendent companies of luminous high elves? 

High five! 

But we should see at least part of them, because of the BL novel. I just hope they don’t start with only Alarith models, and we have to wait longer for Teclis and the Sentinels. 

A bit worried in that respect because the novel is about the Stoneguard and they teased Avalenor already ... .

• Like 2

@Athrawes awesome on on aelven cloud strife on your lore seeker! Love the design of the beastie, and the armor he’s wearing is awesome! Also excellent job on the Anvil of Apotheosis creator!

slowly painting my own sunset Zaitec warden squad in between studying, and I shudder to think about doing another 40+ of those guys. I learned that you should leave the swords off their back till the end to paint their backs and armor, so that is valuable. I think that I got the color scheme down too, so I am pretty happy with that.

I’m dying to see the new underworlds box set and it’s unit. Our army is so anemic choice wise  that I am dying to see what else they give us, as I think the basic army list has been talked about a lot already. Can’t wait till I actually get to play these guys, but I am wanting more like the greedy SOB that I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

These dice are great. I had a set of cylindrical dice one and they rolled great. Not sure how rolling large numbers will work, but shouldn’t be a problem. 

these are giving me a serious Mahjong vibe which I love. 

best of all, despite how outlandish they may look, the pips are still just pips, so these will be easy to read for you and your opponent. 

GW really seems to struggle with making usable/readable faction dice but between the pre-release set and these dice, I think the Lumineth are spoiled for great dice!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

These dice are great. I had a set of cylindrical dice one and they rolled great. Not sure how rolling large numbers will work, but shouldn’t be a problem. 

these are giving me a serious Mahjong vibe which I love. 

best of all, despite how outlandish they may look, the pips are still just pips, so these will be easy to read for you and your opponent. 

GW really seems to struggle with making usable/readable faction dice but between the pre-release set and these dice, I think the Lumineth are spoiled for great dice!

I agree, sometimes it feels like GW has forgotten that a dice need to finally stop rolling (squig dice) or actually be readable without a magnifing glass (idoneth dice).

It looks like this will be a 2 week release as predicted, with the majority of the Vanari this week, the Alarith should be next week with the dawnriders. Still my wallet is looking at me in dispair.

• Like 2