Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Eldarain said:

@Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce That is such a lovely creation. Kudos on what you said was a sculpted saddle? Worked out so well.

Is the rider an old character or a plastic Dragon Prince?

Thank you! The saddle was sculpted, and the character is a mash up of the dragon princes, High Elf Lord and Noble, and some more sculpting (cravat, cape, gem on necklace).

The head and arms are magnetized for weapon swaps.

Edited by Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

@Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce About the artifacts - slightly different for the ones in the Lumineth book. Cathallars and Alarith Heroes can take artifacts. I’m not sure if our customs heroes can get sub faction key words. If they do, your model could easily fit as a Cathallar. It says nothing in the book about the Cathallar Order not having also a warrior aspect to it. The model they gave us is a Scinari, which could imply there are non-Scinari Cathallars. And both the Phoenix Stone as well as the Blade of Leaping Gold would go nicely with your awesome model there.

If we can’t get such keywords in the end, then you’d be likely limited to generic artifacts- which doesn’t have to be bad. The Syar artifact would fit well  with your character for example, and would leave you more space for the background of your hero. You likely would also get the Realm artifact for example. 

@ArchaicArc Nothing at all about that in the book. The Souls going back to Slaanesh seems unlikely, but they also don’t seem to go to Nagash, so it’s a bit of a mystery (or oversight, lol) what happens to them. 

Yea I remember that there was nothing about aelven souls. Maybe teclis and Tyrion are doing a Waystone type thing like in the old world, where souls are drawn to certain places in hyish, or even drawn back to Hysh? I know not every army needs a way to keep souls from going to Nagash, but I would take any chance to flip the bird towards the Grand General of Boners

I think they are not going back to Nagash, because he is mad about not getting any aelf souls (if that is not going to be changed in the future). And them going back to Slaanesh would make no sense. There could be some Waystone (or wraithbone-like) thing going on, but so far it hasn't been mentioned anywhere as far as I know. Something connected to Hysh would be very fitting with their fluff. 

I do actually think that all the reclaimed aelf souls are probably naturally drawn back to Slaanesh. They were his before they got liberated.

The Lumineth seem to be taking many of their general lore queues for 40k Eldar and Eldar souls upon death would get devoured by Slaanesh if not for their craftworlds infinity Circuit. 

Further evidence of this being the norm in aos can be seen with the Idoneth. They Created their soul coral ( Chorrileum) to store departed Idoneth souls expressly to keep them from being reclaimed by slaanesh. 

Since the Idoneth were basically Lumineth 1.0, when they were first created by Teclis, it stands to reason that what happens to them likely happens to other reclaimed aelven souls.

My point is not to say that there doesn't exist some mechanism for the lumineth to keep their souls from slaanesh when they die, but it clearly appears that the natural state of the mortal realms is that reclaimed aelven souls flow back to slaanesh after death if unprotected. 

I doubt that this is generally true for aelves in AoS. It's not mentioned for DoK, Azyr aelves or Lumineth, as far as I can tell. Also not in the RPG book (Soulbound), where they do extra mention it as an incentive for Idoneth to get Soulbound, but don't do so in case of the Azyr aelves or the DoK. 

Seems also strange, as Slaanesh had to made an effort in Fantasy to devour the souls, they didn't just naturally draw to him like in 40K.  I think it's more likely that this is part of the affliction of the Idoneth than a common trait among all aelves in AoS.  I'd find it a bit weird if it was the case they are all drawn to Slaanesh, but it's not mentioned anywhere - like it is in case of the Idoneth. 

But, I can't say for sure of course, I could be very much wrong, as we have the example of the Idoneth. Maybe they all have to do something to not be drawn to Slaanesh again upon death. Would be good to know for sure.