Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Hey guys, can anyone of you post a comparison picture of LRL spearmen vs HE spearmen please ?
To my great shame I bought the box, still waiting for it to arrive. Won't have time to build it before october.

I'm wondering if those wardens could be a viable replacement for decrepit HE spearmen.

Cheers :)

Yeah I also had some trouble with my Dawnrider leader, gap at the front of the horses armour but then I worked the rest out better.

Also down to my stubborness to use anything other than super glue.

I ended up with 2 boxes, one I got and one someome bought as a surprise to me (felt bad til I saw they hadn't sold out), but was thinking of doing that silver Ymetrica scheme - would grey spray work best?

6 hours ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Is anybody worried that when the next waves or Tyrion’s nations come out, the current 4 paint schemes might be out of date or different than what one might want? If I paint my spear men and horses ymetrican blue, and Tyrion comes out with an awesome green nation.... see where I’m getting at?

how are you all planning for this or is it kind of cross that bridge when we come to it?

I doubt it. 'Eavy Metal schemes are very consistent to keep a cohesive theme around the box pictures.

A good example are the Thousand Sons. The stock blue/gold technically represent Ahriman's (former?) renegades, rather than those who were still loyal to Magnus but pretty much every single piece of art still depicts them in that scheme.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember the “square bases” announcement a few months back? I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrion’s armies be reserved for that. 

Oh this is also my first AoS proper purchase, I’ve purchased Sylvaneth start collecting kits before for a non-GW use, but LRL I got for AoS. The “complete starting point” was a good sell for me.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ObsidianCrane said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrion’s armies be reserved for that. 

Eeh? Tyrionic Lumineth didn't exist in the Old World. And considering the timeline I'm not sure if Tyrion was even born during Age of Three Emperors?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, woolf said:

mate, you need to 1) use plastic glue and 2) try gel based super glue (the liquid stuff produced by GW is a nightmare)

:D

I tried both, and let me tell you the results are always the same. I am cursed with super glue. I will be putting together the rest of the 4 with braincell killing super glue activator, which is the only way I can get results...

Also, anyone find any fluff in the book pertaining to the Idoneth besides telling the whole origin story?

56 minutes ago, ObsidianCrane said:

Remember the “square bases” announcement a few months back? I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrion’s armies be reserved for that. 

Oh this is also my first AoS proper purchase, I’ve purchased Sylvaneth start collecting kits before for a non-GW use, but LRL I got for AoS. The “complete starting point” was a good sell for me.

Welcome to the shiny club. As a AOS beginner box it’s pretty near I think. You get everything you need. 

As michu mentioned - Age of Sigmar is a different world from Warhammer Fantasy. They Lumineth do not exist in the Old World, if they ever make a Tyrion model for that, it would be with the old High Elves. 

To chime in on the color scheme idea, I'm going to be doing as @Aloth_Corfiser said.  The army I've wanted to make is based around Eltharion, so it's going to basically be a special forces unit of Vanari that he leads on surgical strikes, painted in Yvressian colors of old.

But, as I decide to expand the army, I could see myself painting one Warden and one Sentinal unit in the color scheme of Syar, Iliatha, and Zaitrec.  From there I would paint up the Ymetrica battalion, and suddenly I would have the Teclian Vanguard representing all four nations, with the core still being Eltharion's group.

I am really in love with the army and everything that can be done with it, I am in love with everything including the models except one....Scinari Cathaller. Does anyone have any conversion/alternate ideas that can be done on this one model? I would gladly accept any tips on that :)

• Like 1

Im finding it hard to decide between Avelenor or the generic Moontain.

But  saying I wont be getting Teclis then both may work fine  especially if Ymetrica and their batallion. However im wondering how common -2 rend is  seems better for our moontains than the stoneguard since high rend will be aimed at our beasties.

I feel lile Avelenors command ability, aura, and more attacks may edge out despite lower rend (which for me -1 is always fine) but also less to wound. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, Miyokari said:

I am really in love with the army and everything that can be done with it, I am in love with everything including the models except one....Scinari Cathaller. Does anyone have any conversion/alternate ideas that can be done on this one model? I would gladly accept any tips on that :)

You could try and find an arch mage from old Fantasy in order to replace it, say it's from the same caste and maybe model the chalice / brazier on the ground next to them. Some other models I think I myself am going to use are in the spoilers, whether as wardens or as heroes I'm not sure. 

@Adammck66 I have the same Dilemma. I think if I can spare the 20 points I'd go with Avalorn. 2 more wounds, one more attack is fine, but his real reason for being there over the base mountain is his aura that hits everyone in 12" rather than just 1 unit in 12". Makes the defense seem that much better, and he still hits like an absolute truck.

Edited by Acid_Nine

So, I'm battling humidity to hopefully get a chance to paint up my Wardens as hailing from the Great Nation of Syar and was picking through the rules, including an artefact they get that I enjoy, The Perfect Blade...

Unless I'm mistaken, the only two who can (and, in fact, must) take this great combat artefact are... The Scinari Cathallar and the Alarith Stonemage. Both of whom aren't exactly raring to go in close combat. Every other hero is a Unique, which is quite a bummer. Am I missing something, or are we pretty much just stuck giving our mages (probably the Stonemage) The Perfect Blade, ideal for hunting monsters and dangerous combat heroes?

So far we are stuck with our 2 non-combat mages.  Our only hope in the short term is the Anvil of Apotheosis, and the rumor that it can be used in Pitched battle if your opponent agrees.  From the rules they have already shown, you can make a combat Aelf, which will inherit the <Lumineth Realm Lord> keyword, and through that the Nation keywords.  Unfortunately, I have doubts that they will be able to give your hero a <Vanari>, <Cathallar>, or <Alarith> keyword, so the synergies will end at just having the LRL and Great Nation keywords & rules.

This will work out in my meta, my group already house rules some things once in a while and loves kitbashed heroes and such, but this will not be a good solution for anyone in a more competitive meta, or tournaments, who I doubt will allow the Anvil of Apotheosis rules.  For everyone else, our only hope is that eventually(tm) we will get the other 60% of the army that the lore teases us with,  including Close Combat Heroes, Artillery, Chariots, Sky Temple ( Fox Spirit, Skirmish Calvary, Flying Mage), River Temple (River Spirit, Light Skirmish Infantry, River Mage), and the Zenith Temple (Sun/Phoenix Spirit, Aelves made of Light who I expect will be heroes due to their rarity, supposedly there are literally only a handful), and Tyrion himself.  So yea... while what is out looks really cool, I still can't shake the tidal wave of disappointment by the limitations of this release.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Miyokari said:

I'm looking into converting the Mistweaver Saih a little.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/mistweaver-saih

Trim off some of the more pointy/dark aelf vibes, perhaps replace the sword with something old high elf from my bits box.

8 hours ago, Maturin said:

Hey guys, can anyone of you post a comparison picture of LRL spearmen vs HE spearmen please ?
To my great shame I bought the box, still waiting for it to arrive. Won't have time to build it before october.

I'm wondering if those wardens could be a viable replacement for decrepit HE spearmen.

Cheers :)

Here you go

1095230B-A22B-4D6E-A22F-39312D487A3C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Going for a bright silver for these guys, would it be best to spray them grey or leadbelcher?

Then any idea what a nice bright shiny silver is? Not sure if Id be best applying a blue shade/gloss before the layers or straight after the undercoat.

4 hours ago, Miyokari said:

I quite like the model, but she is so precise I don’t think I could, in good conscience, field two of them, although I do want two of the wizards on the field.

My plan is to do a simple head swap on the rock mage, after all a cathallar is just an aelven mage, as is the rock mage, so I don’t see why they couldn’t both just stand for different types of mages. One who prefer robes and has a magic chalice, and another who has some armor and a staff. I might even trade out the tip of the staff for a spear head.

Yikes. How did I ever love high elf spearman???

seriously though, the new sculpts really highlight the improvement in design. Although after getting my box, I do wish they were a little more customizable, especially the unit leaders. They have cool poses, but are so unique that it’ll look strange when they begin to pile up in multiple units. You can trade their weapons around a little but it only goes so far. Might have to have a few spear-holding captains here and there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miyokari said:

I am using the sorceress as base of conversion, along a Phoenix Guard brazier.

5 hours ago, Miyokari said:

I also think the mistweaver saih is a good option. It has the flowing mist which could represent the smoke from the brazier on the cathaller. 

this is a conversion of her I did quite some time ago

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2