Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

28 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

See, this one I think is even less a warhammer.  Taking a chunk out of the middle of the hammer like that would rob it of it a lot of weight and damage potential.  Also, on both of these pics, this shape of the objects that are the "heads" extends incredibly far to the side of the shaft.  I do have to admit, these pics have me very curious as to what they actually are, and I'll happily eat crow if I am wrong.

@TheadTheOgorSlayer that is an very valid point!

I have a farfetched theory about the hammer hole.

what if... we have stones that align with each element.... and the hole is a spot to place those stones.... and this hammer unit can put a different stone in each phase to change its hammers properties.... 

lol not very likely I suppose. It would make sense to make 4 aspect warriors then to make 1 hammer unit with 4 aspects. Unless the hammers are the same logic as the chaos warshrine. Maybe 4 buffs, but if you use the buff that corresponds to your mark/element, it gets better? Idk throwing darts at the wall at this point, maybe if I draw the targets in afterwards it’ll look like I was accurate lmao 

9 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

So is anyone else been coming up with a color scheme?

I tend to like darker color schemes, I would love to see some photoshopped color schemes from others but I was thinking black armor with gold highlights, and maybe some purple thrown in, I have seen a neat looking scheme with red. I might go lighter not sure I'll do the traditional white or off white.

21 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm torn between purple/ white or green/ beige and some gold. Then again classic Lothern style would suit these folks perfectly...

I guess i'll try several once i have a box in hand ;)

32 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Not at all! I have to see what the subfactions do first, and which ones tickle my fancy the most.

what I really am wondering is if I should somehow turn my guys into winged hussars or keep them in the style of Greco-Roman elves.

53 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm thinking of inverting the colours GW used for the reveal. More blue than cream. My lore idea is to have aelfs who once were warriors of Caledor, so I would also love to paint some flames and have some dragon banner options...

I like the standard scheme they have going overall, but I don't like white armor, or painting white in general, so I'm thinking something that's more along the lines of silver armor with gold trim, blue, and maybe a little bit of white.

I'll wait and see what the official faction color schemes are though, there's usually at least one official scheme I like.

I am expecting:

an archer Vanari/Auralan battleline

a chariot, since hawk ones were squatted

sphinx behemoth by itself

elite units for each aspect: wind, water, earth, fire(?) - these might overlap with infantry, cavalry, and siege/behemoth/special units

one hero for each aspect, mixed bag of melee/caster

the hammer rumor mills look like they'd fit into Lumineth... earth aspect elites?

I've had a crack at my test theme and like it a lot! White and blue is my fav colour combination so love the GW studio theme. 

I am looking to try out a different colour for the cream/beige of the pant legs but otherwise pretty happy with it. 

my elf.jpg

• Like 5

So just a few thoughts;

Firstly I really think we just have to admit that they do in fact belong to a hammer unit. specifically this line from the lore part: 
"Lumineth warriors who bonded with the spirit of the mountain would be all but immovable in battle, stoically weathering the tide of enemies crashing against them, while their mages would bombard their foes with stones and crush them beneath rocks."

It kind of screams hammers to me. I fully expect a dual kit here though for sure so I wouldn't worry.

Also I don't know if it's been posted yet, I flicked through and can't remember seeing it, but it might be fun to theorycraft on Tyrion regardless. 
Check the picture below:

image.png.89df93f16a32f46538b984c9d3ea0329.png

Give that the sideways crescent moon is clearly representative of Teclis, I think we can assume the opposite for Tyrion. Given that it seems sun-like, I would think that Tyrion is defintiely going to be inspired by engraged, sword of Khaien Tyrion. The dude is going to be on fire for sure one way or another haha.

Do we get an update soon? I'm really hoping on at least a tease for dragons. Even if it's Tyrion riding it, I need an alternative to the stardrake please!

5 hours ago, Hypephoon said:

So just a few thoughts;

Firstly I really think we just have to admit that they do in fact belong to a hammer unit. specifically this line from the lore part: 
"Lumineth warriors who bonded with the spirit of the mountain would be all but immovable in battle, stoically weathering the tide of enemies crashing against them, while their mages would bombard their foes with stones and crush them beneath rocks."

It kind of screams hammers to me. I fully expect a dual kit here though for sure so I wouldn't worry.

I don't really see this screaming hammers, to me it screams phalanx style positioning and strong battle line anvil to hammer against. I think that this could very easily be talking about the Wardens we have already seen. Especially being as they are all very phalanx positioned and almost have a roman-esque look to me. I could very easily see them being the embodiment of earth, and the dawn riders being the embodiment of wind due to swift movement. 

I also hope that this means we will have strong and more magic choices, let me pick if I want my mage to be earth, light, wind, water focus. I tend to play wizards in TTRPGs so hoping to have the gamut of magic winds would be excellent IMO, although I doubt we will get that much freedom.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Do you guys think we’ll get full reveals before or at Adepticon? I wander if we’ll get articles every 2 weeks leading up to the full army reveal at Adepticon, but it may be fully shown off before hand to make way for other things. 

I don't really know the ins and outs of games workshops releasing of models but, my guess is that they will do full reveal at Adepticon. What would like to see though is full reveal before adepticon and things go on preorder at adpeticon.... cause you know I want.... NAO! lol

None of this is even remotely science based and I am sure someone who has followed GW for long will have better insight. I also worry that they will release the Malerion dragon/shadow Aelf hybrids at adepticon and then I will want both since I am kind of obsessed with dragons. this would be bad for my wallet and my time lol!