Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, ArchaicArc said:

Im still dying to find out what our DRIVE is. Like each faction has a clear objective and reason for interacting with the mortal realms, orruks are hunting beasties, Fyre Slayers are looking for Ur-Gold etc. And although each of our myriad of personal armies and forces will have our own personal narratives, I want to discover what is our factions over-reaching goal. It could be resource based, but the aetherquartz seems pretty unique to Hysh, it could be invasion, being lords of our realm we are seeking a foothold in others, although that seems a little too banal...

Any theories?

Well off the top of my head in terms of a drive Reconquestia of Hysh, seeking out new spells to use in the war in their home lands, securing realm-gates that lead to other parts of Hysh to start trade between the relms / with other cities... I think it would mainly be cleansing Hysh, or establishing colonies, almost like a secondary Elf-Only Cities of Sigmar

Edited by Acid_Nine
it's drive with a v, not dibe

11 hours ago, ArchaicArc said:

Any theories?

• At the moment Slaanesh is still contained but slaves of Slaanesh are close to finding it and it is only a matter of time before the chains are also broken. My theory is that Teclis is preparing for that possibility and why he's travelling, making pacts with the spirits of the Hysh and trying to stabilize the realm before the doom of the elves is release upon the realms again.
  • Tyrion is likely interested in defending the locations that imprison Slaanesh. There are still souls that need to be reclaimed. There is also reclaiming the realm from chaos, as Hysh was hard hit by them. It's worth remembering that he doesn't believe Slaanesh is capable of escaping.
  • From the previews and leaks the nations seem independent, unless Teclis or Tyrion give command they're likely interested in their own governance, growth and stability.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:
  • At the moment Slaanesh is still contained but slaves of Slaanesh are close to finding it and it is only a matter of time before the chains are also broken. My theory is that Teclis is preparing for that possibility and why he's travelling, making pacts with the spirits of the Hysh and trying to stabilize the realm before the doom of the elves is release upon the realms again.
  • Tyrion is likely interested in defending the locations that imprison Slaanesh. There are still souls that need to be reclaimed. There is also reclaiming the realm from chaos, as Hysh was hard hit by them. It's worth remembering that he doesn't believe Slaanesh is capable of escaping.
  • From the previews and leaks the nations seem independent, unless Teclis or Tyrion give command they're likely interested in their own governance, growth and stability.

Yeah, all good points. I’m just wondering what our justification to fight other order factions is. Like it’s easier to define why we fight chaos and destruction, but like Fyre Slayers fight anyone for Ur-Gold, Idoneth need them souls, KO could be angry about a trading dispute/regulations violation.... what is our excuse???

6 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Yeah, all good points. I’m just wondering what our justification to fight other order factions is. Like it’s easier to define why we fight chaos and destruction, but like Fyre Slayers fight anyone for Ur-Gold, Idoneth need them souls, KO could be angry about a trading dispute/regulations violation.... what is our excuse???

simplicity and arrogance, in my mind at least, since we know etherquartz not just enchances the physical ability but the emotional high as well many of the lumineth are much more arrogant than we may be expecting, so in the mind of the lumineth instead of explaining to the chittering monkeys with pointed sticks we we need this land for the glory of telics, its just easiser to kill them, they won't notice and when they do we will have fortified the place against counterattack.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

33 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

I’m just wondering what our justification to fight other order factions is.

Other than classical reasons, I don't think there's a reason to do that. Hysh was/is isolated realm and LRL have enough problems as it is.

1 hour ago, ArchaicArc said:

They attack everything that they think could be compromised by Chaos. In the RPG book the writers specifically mention some of the Free Cities being targets, whatever Sigmar says or thinks about that. The Lumineth are also trying to mystically shore up places against Chaos (especially Slaanesh’s)  influence, by magically burning mile long mystical runes into the ground, anywhere they think it’s necessary to do so. It’s a bit similar to the Seraphon. Enigmatic plans which make total sense to them, but not much to those who are potentially affected by them. They have their own plans and if those conflict with other Order factions they’ll fight them. 

So the excuse is - in reality the other part is influenced by Chaos and has to be purged, dislodged, moved etc. There might be other reasons in the Battletome. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m really mixed! 
My box should be delivered tomorrow, which is great, but I’d much rather have the electronic version of the battletome.

At first I thought I’d sell the Ltd Ed tome but I also really want to read it, and I have no idea when the e-version will be released. 

Really not sure what to do now.

21 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Was kinda hoping with 40k going to buy a hardback get the digital that AoS would too.

Have they talked about that at all?

Unfortunately no, but it would be good if they became the same. The digital copies of the tomes though are mega cheap in their app.

• Thanks 1

Your core infantry are wizards. A hero set behind them with twinstones can let them cast first each turn. Doesn't matter if they don't have any use for sunmetal their spell basically becomes give your wizard +1 to cast.

It might be possible to set up a caster and two sentinel units in the twinstones bubble. Then you can spam MW with your archers and empower your wizard at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Rors said:

Your core infantry are wizards. A hero set behind them with twinstones can let them cast first each turn. Doesn't matter if they don't have any use for sunmetal their spell basically becomes give your wizard +1 to cast.

It might be possible to set up a caster and two sentinel units in the twinstones bubble. Then you can spam MW with your archers and empower your wizard at the same time.

Its important to remember that the Twinstones are a predatory Endless Spell! So the enemy can, potentially, move them away. 

Fair point. The archers have 30 inches range though so you can sit them back. Couple this will spells to slow the opponent down and it might be enough to remove key pieces before they can reach you. I could see it being a fairly negative play experience though.

Or you can just sit a wizard next to telicis. He doesn't need the stones so it's basically auto +4 for a spell a turn to the other wizard.

Edited by Rors

Just picked up my box from my local store.  The sprues look amazing in hand.  The Alarith warscrolls and rules are really growing on me. Also, the idea of running Teclis is growing on me as I don’t like running named characters.  However, he is one bad daddy.  Rules wise and lore wise ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

People are slowly getting their boxes. So, what is everyone planning on how to paint their miniatures? Are you going for one of the subfactions? Or a custom color scheme? 

Slightly custom for me. White armor with gold trim and silver scales, yellow and light-grey robes with silver trim, with black and yellow plumes. Probably going to go with black or dark brown gloves and boots. Whichever one I use, the wood/handle parts of the weapons will be the other color. Metal for the weapons will be gold.

• Like 2

I’ll go for the Zaitrec scheme. All my HE armies were White/Silver/Blue, so it’s nice to do something different. And I like the grey/magenta scheme as well as the Zaitrec lore, and will play that Great Nation anyway. So it all fits together. I don’t know who I have to thank for this - but Zaitrec is as if someone was in my head and took everything I like to make into a faction.  🤩

Maybe I’ll paint the Alarith in the alternative Ymetrica style to make them different from the Zaitrec units. Not sure yet, depends on what I come up with eventually as the background for my army. 

Edit: Also not sure about Teclis yet, he is just so connected to blue/white in my head, it’ll be difficult to do something else I guess, lol. But he’ll also look great in the Zaitrec scheme. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1