Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

7 minutes ago, CorvoMaltes said:

Hi guys, just ordered the new box. What blue colors should I get to paint it?

Depends on the shade (and the colour range) of it.

I like Thousand Suns blue/Ahriman Blue/Temple guard blue.

Have a look at GW's paint selections, you have a handy spectre of examples. I think there's also an app for it.

Hey all AoS:Lumineth peeps!  I'm a total newb, never played 40k etc, and have been enjoying SW:Legion a bunch.  For some reason, this box leapt out, smacked me in the face, and asked to go home with me.   Before I take home a complete stranger, and jump head first into AoS, does this look like a good box to jump in with?  Will it be enough to get a "skirmish" game in or three?  How long after a Big Box release does GW let loose the dogs of war and give us more kits?  Any advice for a newbie? :D Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Hey all AoS:Lumineth peeps!  I'm a total newb, never played 40k etc, and have been enjoying SW:Legion a bunch.  For some reason, this box leapt out, smacked me in the face, and asked to go home with me.   Before I take home a complete stranger, and jump head first into AoS, does this look like a good box to jump in with?  Will it be enough to get a "skirmish" game in or three?  How long after a Big Box release does GW let loose the dogs of war and give us more kits?  Any advice for a newbie? :D Thanks in advance!

It might be a little difficult to find one at the moment, I heard they sold out pretty fast... if you CAN get one, then yeah, it’s almost 500 points which is perfect for small skirmishes and learner battles. Also there will be rules for the models to be used in Warcry (basically very small age of sigmar games with a different rules set) in the next white dwarf. Outside of that it would be suitable for small « meeting engagements » bite sized battles in AoS, and I believe the rules for those can be found in the Generals Handbook, à supplement to the regular rules book. Although you could probably find them online for free.

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Hi and welcome to the Mortal Realms!

The box gives you a nice 500 points list. A good starting point for a few small games. 

The Box is also pretty good If you are complety new, as you get the core rules, the battletome, die and markers all in one set.

We dont know how long we will have to wait for the rest, but I guess GW will release the other kits after the Launch of the new 40K edition next month. 

Bored at work and churning out lists.

I kinda like this non Teclis mixed army list.

Has the 30 Wardens, Eltherion and the Mega Cow for combat, mixed magic and then for shooting you have 3 units of archers (inc Eltharion/Mega Cow shooting) and 5 knights to either go for far light defended obj  or light units 

Zitrec
Eltharion: 220
Scinari Cathallar - 140 pts

30 Wardens - 360 pts – Hysh Ward thing
10 Wardens - 120 pts
 - Heavenly Blessing
10 Wardens - 120 pts - Total Darkness
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Hysh Ward thing
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
 - Sparkling Light
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Total Darkness
5 Dawnriders – 130 pts - Swiftness of Hysh
Alalith, spirit of the mountain – 340pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones – 30 pts
2000pts total
, 4 drops

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1

So Cathallar's are caster also and have spme special command traits if they are your general, as well as artifacts of power

Command trait:

1: Spell master:
Once in each of your hero phased, you can re-roll 1 failed casting roll for this general

2: Loremaster: This general knows 1 extra spell from the lore of Hysh

3: Warmaster: If this general is part of your army and on the battlefield at the start of your herophase, roll a dice. on a 4+ you receive 1 extra command point

Artefacts:

1: Phoenix Stone

If a friendly lumineth Realm-lord hero is slain within 12" of the bearer, before removing the model from play, roll a dice. On a 6, that model is not slain, all wounds allocated are healed and any wounds that currently remain to be allocated are nagated. (ouch...maybe a 6, but imagine it being used on Teclis, Eltharion or the mountain hero)

2: Silver Wand

bearer can attempt to cast 1 extra spell in your hero phase.

3: Blade of leaping gold

Pick one of the bearers melee weapons. Add 3 to the attacks characteristics of the weapon

wow...so my Zaitrec Cathallar general would probably take Spell master or loremaster and Silverwand

getting 2 spells from the zaitrec ability, and +1 to cast for the first, plus being able to reroll a failed cast (and using the stones endless spell) could add some great versatility 

Also, I love she can absorb one -1B per round from useing atherstone and give it to an enemy 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

ok, why does the Scinari get the blade of leaping gold, thats the kind of artifact I would have excpected with Alarith as the melee specalists? beyond that, those relics all look good which makes a change.

They get their own also. Hang on

Alarith trait and artefacts (not writing whole text as I have to go to a meeting)

1: Majestic
+1 Bravery to friendly models wholly within 12"
-1 bravery to enemy units within (not wholly) 18"

(centered on general)

2: Enduring:

+3 wounds to that model (general only)

3: Loremaster:
know 1 extra high peaks spell

Artefacts: 
1: Hearthstone amulet:
5+ wound/mortal wound negated 

2: Ebony stone:
ignore spell effects on bearer on a 4+

3: Magmic hammer
bearer gets +1 to MW's they inflict by arcane bolt spell (so 2, or d3+1 on a 10)

• LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Also for more variety here is some more colorshift stuff.

I'm planning on using some myself for the armor and weapons, but I wonder how the heck I will do that and the contrast paints I need for the faces

I have tried out part of the range, the actual color shift effect varies quite a lot between them, some mainly come out as a single coloured metallic (or maybe I wasn't careful enough using them). u pretty much have to use them through airbrush so either cover the face with some silicone putty when airbrushing or you go back with your light primer after and do the face last I suppose. Also you need a black (preferably glossy) primer for the colorshift paints to work at all (on white they just come out transparent)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ArchaicArc said:

Well I HAVE to use the blade of leaping gold because it’s what I always took back in my high elf days... second édition high elves... now how to actually not hate myself for taking it...

It seems to also have the exact same text as it had in the High Elf book.. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Well I HAVE to use the blade of leaping gold because it’s what I always took back in my high elf days... second édition high elves... now how to actually not hate myself for taking it...

Thing is, if you do take it, you end up with the attack profile of 4 attacks, 4+, 2+, - , d3 Damage, not bad. I still think it's slightly odd for the cathallar but it's nice to see it has returned once again.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

So Cathallar's are caster also and have spme special command traits if they are your general, as well as artifacts of power

Command trait:

1: Spell master:
Once in each of your hero phased, you can re-roll 1 failed casting roll for this general

2: Loremaster: This general knows 1 extra spell from the lore of Hysh

3: Warmaster: If this general is part of your army and on the battlefield at the start of your herophase, roll a dice. on a 4+ you receive 1 extra command point

Artefacts:

1: Phoenix Stone

If a friendly lumineth Realm-lord hero is slain within 12" of the bearer, before removing the model from play, roll a dice. On a 6, that model is not slain, all wounds allocated are healed and any wounds that currently remain to be allocated are nagated. (ouch...maybe a 6, but imagine it being used on Teclis, Eltharion or the mountain hero)

2: Silver Wand

bearer can attempt to cast 1 extra spell in your hero phase.

3: Blade of leaping gold

Pick one of the bearers melee weapons. Add 3 to the attacks characteristics of the weapon

wow...so my Zaitrec Cathallar general would probably take Spell master or loremaster and Silverwand

getting 2 spells from the zaitrec ability, and +1 to cast for the first, plus being able to reroll a failed cast (and using the stones endless spell) could add some great versatility 

Also, I love she can absorb one -1B per round from useing atherstone and give it to an enemy 

Be careful - if you use Zaitrec, your Zaitrec General has to use the Zaitrec Comman Trait, and you need two heroes (and a battalion) to give out one of those general artifacts if you use Zaitrec. 

This conformed though the missing parts from the German version. There are only two stances for the Alarith - Mountain Stance and Stonemage Stance. And all the general treats and artifacts. 

Eltharion likely will need FAQ about him being able to cast or not. 

• Like 1