Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

The dawn riders also seem like they could act as marker lights, casting sparkling lights on targets for the archers to hit when it's time to block out the sun.

yeah i feel like the silverhelms will be realy usefull with the huge jump of movement difference between the baseline units and our cav. It seems like even just having one of them is worth the cost. 

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

My LRL teclis idea:

Zaitrec
Teclis: 660
Scinari Cathallar: 140
20 Wardens: 240
10 Sentinels: 140
10 Sentinels: 140
Soulscream Bridge: 80
Auralan Legion: 120
2000pts

101 Wounds, 2 Drops, 82 bodies

With this list you have 3 drops : in Auralan Legion Battalion, you can pick 2-4 Sentinels, and an equal amount of wardens : you're third warden unit cannot be in your battalion... (I work on a quite similar list ^^)

51 minutes ago, maitremage said:

With this list you have 3 drops : in Auralan Legion Battalion, you can pick 2-4 Sentinels, and an equal amount of wardens : you're third warden unit cannot be in your battalion... (I work on a quite similar list ^^)

I thought it was the other way around, 2-4 units of wardens and then 2 sentinal lol. 

51 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Lots of utility, but the main things I think will be correct spell choices.

Yup, when you play with Teclis and a Vanari heavy army, until you have more experience, you probably can tell your opponent, go watch a movie, have lunch, go to the gym or whatever in each of your hero phases while you select your spells.😅

@Jaskier I have further good news for you - they can also cast endless spells. Playtesters  confirmed that on a podcast right here on Bad Dice (someone linked it already in this threat). 

• Like 1

So Here are some more lists, this time with spells chosen. 

List 1, Endless spells, less wardens, lots of dakka.

Spoiler

try everything? Iliatha: 

Stone Mage-130- general, Stone Assault
Cathallar-140 Solar Eclipse
Avaelorn -360

Battle Line:
Wardens x20: 240- protection of Hysh
Wardens x10: 120-Solar Flare
Sentinels x10: 140-Speed of Hysh
Sentinels x20: 280- Speed of Hysh

Other:
Dawnriders x5: 130 - Sparkling lights
Dawnriders x5: 130 - Sparkling Lights

Stoneguard x10: 200

Endless spells:
Rune of Petrification: 70
Twin Stones: 30
Quicksilver swords: 30pts

Total: 2000

List 2: 3 drop Battalion list (with copius amounts of endless spell blastings. )

Spoiler

st 2, Eltharion in Iliatha

HQs: 
Eltharion: 220pts
Cathaller: 140pts- total darkness
Avalorn: 360pts

Battleline:
Wardens x20: 240pts- protection
Wardens x20: 240pts- protection
Wardens x10: 120pts- sparkling lights
Sentinels x10: 140pts-speed of hysh
Sentinels x10: 140pts- speed of hysh
Sentinels x10: 140pts-solar flare

Battalion: 
Auralan-Legion: 120pts

Endless spells: 
Twin Stones: 30pts
Rune of Petrification: 70pts
Quicksilver swords / Gnashing maw: 30pts

Total: 1990pts

List 3: Battalion of the one I like the most

Spoiler

List 3 Iliatha with batallion: 

Stone Mage-130- general, stone assault
Cathallar-140 -Total Darkness
Mountain Spirit: 340 (or Avalorn for +20 points)

Battle Line:

Wardens x20: 240 -protection of Hysh
Wardens x20: 240 -protection of Hysh
Sentinels x10: 140- speed of Hysh
Sentinels x10: 140-  speed of Hysh

Dawnriders: 130 -Sparkling lights
DawnRiders:130- Solar Flare

Stoneguard x10: 200pts (or could be replaced with Eltharion for +20 points)

Battalion: Auralan-Legion- 120
Endless spell:  Twinstones-30

Total: 1980pts

So I have a lot of redundancy in spells, and that is planned. depending on the situations and when my elfs are not huffing Light Dust, then they have a choice between either doing the light of Hysh spell, or the protection spell depending on what is about to happen. if something big is about to happen and they start huffing that dust, then the squad most in danger can cast both on themselves and brace for a hard hit. / go on the attack. Stoneguard is there for extra bodies and damage absorption, but can be switched with Eltharion if I don't find them doing well. The mountain spirit is a pretty good multiplier all around, even without his command ability to hand out minuses to hit, and with the stone mage he could always hit quite hard. Speed is on the Archers because they are the least likely to be hit in CC, and need less buffs. Of course if you choose Ziatec then you can have even more choice.

@LuminethMage yea, that is why I choose spells when making the list. gives an extra layer to think about.

Eh ****** it. List four, Araliths only club:

Spoiler

The Temple of BEEFCAKES

Faction:  YMETRICA

Stone Mage 1-130pts, General, stone assault
Stone Mage 2-130pts:  Relentless Calm
Stone Mage 3-130pts: paralyzing dizziness

Mountain spirit- 340pts
Avalenor- 360pts

Stoneguard x2-200pts
Stoneguard x2-200pts 
Stoneguard x2 -200pts

Battalions: 

Alarith-Temple-120pts
Alarith-Temple-120pts

Endless spells: Rune of Petrification-70pts

Edited by Acid_Nine

I think I personally prefer list 3 and 4, @Acid_Nine. 3 is a lot like the list I’m thinking, though I have Elatharion in mine. And List 4 just looks like a bunch of fun, and potentially actually pretty potent with a lot of toughness.

An unrelated question: with the Stoneguard and their hammer options, they get 1 that is 3 attacks, 3+/4+, -, 1, which does 2dmg on 6’s to hit and re-rolls all hits;  and 1 that is 2 attacks, 3+/3+, -1, 1, which does mortal wounds on 6’s to hit. Is this right? And if so, which do you guys think is the best option?

16 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

An unrelated question: with the Stoneguard and their hammer options, they get 1 that is 3 attacks, 3+/4+, -, 1, which does 2dmg on 6’s to hit and re-rolls all hits;  and 1 that is 2 attacks, 3+/3+, -1, 1, which does mortal wounds on 6’s to hit. Is this right? And if so, which do you guys think is the best option?

No. The first melee weapons entry covers both weapon options. Both stonehammers and diamond tip hammer are 2 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1. Stonehammers become Damage 2 on 6s while the diamond tip causes a mortal wound. 

The second weapon, the stratohammer, are for the banner bearer and the unit champion. The banner bearer just uses the stratohammer profile, while the champion equipped with a pair of stratohammer re-rolls to-hit rolls. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

No. The first melee weapons entry covers both weapon options. Both stonehammers and diamond tip hammer are 2 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1. Stonehammers become Damage 2 on 6s while the diamond tip causes a mortal wound. 

The second weapon, the stratohammer, are for the banner bearer and the unit champion. The banner bearer just uses the stratohammer profile, while the champion equipped with a pair of stratohammer re-rolls to-hit rolls. 

Oh right okay thanks! So I’d probably say the diamond tipped ones are better for that mortal wound potential? I sort of wanted to dampen the amount of mortals I do to my friends, but I like the look of the diamond hammers the most. But I may just use the other one’s stats, since they’re pretty much the same other than the ability. 

Edit: also, because I’m terrible at seeing blurry text, does the top bracket of the Mountain Spirit’s hammer do 5dmg, or 3? I’m guessing 5, because that makes more sense for the way it declines, but my eyes are saying 3.

Edited by Tiberius501

5 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Edit: also, because I’m terrible at seeing blurry text, does the top bracket of the Mountain Spirit’s hammer do 5dmg, or 3? I’m guessing 5, because that makes more sense for the way it declines, but my eyes are saying 3.

Its 5

And diamond picks are better as they do MW on a hit, while hammer you need to still wound and have the rend get through armor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

do you have to give the champion a hammer like that then? cause it doesn't make sense that the champion's weapons is such ****** to use. Do they also get to do mortal wounds?

And thank you @Tiberius501, I like list 3 the most, but I feel it really needs to add the  runes of petrification. I just like that spell a lot, and think it could be useful just to add another source of mortal wounds. 

Edited by Acid_Nine

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

do you have to give the champion a hammer like that then? cause it doesn't make sense that the champion's weapons is such ****** to use. Do they also get to do mortal wounds?

And thank you @Tiberius501, I like list 3 the most, but I feel it really needs to add the  runes of petrification. I just like that spell a lot, and think it could be useful just to add another source of mortal wounds. 

If you choose to promote x to champion yes they have to use the champion weapon variety. You can choose for them to be a basic troop and use the generic weapon set though.

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

Can the Stoneguard adopt Mountain Stance whenever they want?

I think neither the Vanari (Shining Company), nor the Alarith specific traits have been leaked. That was the one thing missing it seems. But according to WarCom article they can adopt the stance after armies have been set up, but before the first battle round, and at the start of your hero phase. So it’s likely that there is either another stance we don’t know about yet, or that there is some kind of negative effect involved which they didn’t mention in the article. Otherwise it would be a bit superfluous to do it like that. Edit: we know already about at least one other stance, the Stonemage stance activated in your combat phase. 

DCD83C52-E9CF-4B7E-A4F9-1E0D2E7F630D.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
Forgot about Stonemage stance
  • Like 1

Here are some lists I've been working on. Tell me what you guys think :).

Tried to confirm this, but I'm assuming the Mountain Spirits are wizards?

Great Nation: Ymetrica

Avalenor: Spell, Stone Attack

Stonemage: Paralyzing Dizziness, General w/ Ymetrica Artefact

Alarith Temple Battalion

Stoneguard x10

Stoneguard x10

Auralan Sentinels x10

Auralan Sentinels x10

Auralan Wardens x30

Alarith Spirit of the Mountain: Spell, Relentless Calm

Great Nation: Illiatha

Scinari Cathalar, General w/ Illiatha Artefact, Spell - Total Darkness

Stonemage - Paralyzing Diziness

Auralan Legion Battalion 

Auralan Sentinels x10

Auralan Sentinels x10

Auralan Wardens x20

Auralan Wardens x20

Alarith Spirit of the Mountain - Spell: Stone Attack

Alarith Spirit of the Mountain: Spell- Relentless Calm

Hyshian Twinstones Endless Spell

Shrine of Amyntok 

Second List:

Basically the gist of the list is kind of the same. Use the 3" of the Mountain Spirits to swing over the frontline of Wardens / Stoneguard into the enemy within 1" of them, but outside of 3" from my Mountain Spirits. Archers provide support to whittle down threats from afar, especially those with lower armor saves. First turn, summon the Hyshian Twinstones and get to casting. By the end of the phase or next turn, use total darkness and start forcing my opponent to spend twice the command points on anything he wants to do, using the twinstones to do so. Stonemage will provide support and try to challenge units from moving, running, or charging with her spell. I know it won't work as well against some armies, but might as well try it. Shrine of Amyntok to defend my general, who will be important. 

First List: 

First list: Basically does the same thing as the first, but this time with more stoneguard and the Mountain King himself fighting under Ymetrica's banners. Stonemage and Avalenor will have to travel together so that the Mountain King always fights at full strength, no matter his wounds. I don't know if I want to drop the Vanari Wardens for more stoneguard... I'm not certain if mountain stance is only for the first turn. If so, a bit worried about their durability, which is really good, but weight of attacks could overwhelm them. The Watcher of Hysh auras from both Mountain spirits will make the entire army -1 to hit, I don't know if that stacks with the Shining Companies rule, but I think it does (specific rule is in german). 

Also keeping my stonemage near the stoneguard gives them an additional +1 to rend. And Avalenor can increase the stoneguard's attacks.

16 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I think neither the Vanari (Shining Company), nor the Alarith specific traits have been leaked. That was the one thing missing it seems. But according to WarCom article they can adopt the stance after armies have been set up, but before the first battle round, and at the start of your hero phase. So it’s likely that there is either another stance we don’t know off yet, or that there is some kind of negative effect involved which they didn’t mention in the article. Otherwise it would be a bit superfluous to do it like that. 

DCD83C52-E9CF-4B7E-A4F9-1E0D2E7F630D.jpeg

Oh wow that’s awesome. Even the Battlecattle can get it?! I’m thinking I might go Ymetrica.

Edited by Tiberius501

Yes, the Battle Cattle and the Stonemage can get that. They all have the Alarith keyword. I’ll start with a mage army, because that’s what I usually enjoy. But I’ll definitely will try also a full Ymetrica Alarith army too. They look like a lot of fun, with all the little synergies they have. If you can keep the Stonemage alive nearby your Battle Cattle, they should be really awesome. 

The mountain spirits and Avalenor are both not a Wizard. 

And I forgot - we already heard of another stance - the Stonemage stance. Which is activated in the combat phase, and increases rend by 1. So you first go into the mountain stance, and then on the offense you can change to the Stonemage stance in the combat phase. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

how do I squeeze a second Battle Cattle in this list?

Leaders

- Eltharion

- Stonemage

Behemoth

- Battle Cattle

Battleline

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens

-10x Sentinels

- 10x Sentinels

Other

- 10x Dawn Riders (can’t decide if I want these dudes in 2 units of 5. Can you get 10 in with 2” range?)

- 10x Stoneguard

Total: 1980pts

124 wounds

Edit: Do I even need a second one actually? 

Edited by Tiberius501

As far as i can tell i call ******. 

from GW predorder Page:

"a fully customisable set of aelven infantry armed with massive pikes that make for the perfect objective holders and defensive troops in your force"

"a fully customisable set of aelven horsemen capable of  carving through enemy infantry with contemptuous ease"

From the GW WarhammerCommunity Article:

"The Lumineth Realm-lords Army Set is packed with full, customisable kits for some key units – the Vanari Auralan Wardens and Vanari Dawnriders – led by the breathtakingly awesome Light of Eltharion" (they did the bold lettering. not me. they did that.)

I was already doubting it when i saw the pictures of sprews in the article not finding any customisable parts exceot one single bit namely an alternative left hand (sword hand) for the leader of the Wardens. Then i looked through the sprew images on the preorder at GWs page and found a single second head for the Dawnriders Leader. And in that image the resolution isnt even good enough to tell the difference i can just say that there are 4 normal helmets and 2 helmets with the leader head gear. 

I didnt ask for fully customisable kits but if they come around with bold lettering to praise customisability they are taking the ****** for not delivering. They are literally advocating customisability in the actual preorder itself. 

Please somebody tell me what I am missing on the sprews. Like i missed a whole different set of helmets or a whole different set of shields. Tell me I am blind please.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do we know how exactly aetherquartz works, Is it a once per phase per turn deal or a once per game deal ?  Reports and translations seem conflicting.

It works like the Kharadron Overlords Gold. Once per phase you can spend a units aetherquarz reserve. 

So lets say you have a unit of Warden, dawnriders and Eltharion. Turn 1 Hero Phase, you spend Eltharions aetherquarz, Turn 1 Close Combat Phase you spend the Wardens aetherquarz and Turn 2 Close Combat phase you spend the Dawnriders. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

As far as i can tell i call ******. 

from GW predorder Page:

"a fully customisable set of aelven infantry armed with massive pikes that make for the perfect objective holders and defensive troops in your force"

"a fully customisable set of aelven horsemen capable of  carving through enemy infantry with contemptuous ease"

From the GW WarhammerCommunity Article:

"The Lumineth Realm-lords Army Set is packed with full, customisable kits for some key units – the Vanari Auralan Wardens and Vanari Dawnriders – led by the breathtakingly awesome Light of Eltharion" (they did the bold lettering. not me. they did that.)

I was already doubting it when i saw the pictures of sprews in the article not finding any customisable parts exceot one single bit namely an alternative left hand (sword hand) for the leader of the Wardens. Then i looked through the sprew images on the preorder at GWs page and found a single second head for the Dawnriders Leader. And in that image the resolution isnt even good enough to tell the difference i can just say that there are 4 normal helmets and 2 helmets with the leader head gear. 

I didnt ask for fully customisable kits but if they come around with bold lettering to praise customisability they are taking the ****** for not delivering. They are literally advocating customisability in the actual preorder itself. 

Please somebody tell me what I am missing on the sprews. Like i missed a whole different set of helmets or a whole different set of shields. Tell me I am blind please.

Customisable to Gw these days just means you can choose which helmet and shield each model has as opposed to the monopose push fit that so much of their stuff is now.

The last customisable kit they made was the blightkings. At least two fully different builds for each model and plenty of additional extras and options. We shall never see their like again.

I mean the stoneguard people can have a pointy end or flat head to their hammers. That's the customisation. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Customisable to Gw these days just means you can choose which helmet and shield each model has as opposed to the monopose push fit that so much of their stuff is now.

The last customisable kit they made was the blightkings. At least two fully different builds for each model and plenty of additional extras and options. We shall never see their like again.

I mean the stoneguard people can have a pointy end or flat head to their hammers. That's the customisation. 

but have you looked at the wardens and silverhelms? they got nothing as far as i can see on the sprews shown at the preorder. Except 2 helmets on the leader in the silverhelms and 2 left hands for the leader in the wardens. Idk. I mean. I dont mind. I am just baffled by advertising full customisable in bold like this. Whatever i guess.

• Confused 1