Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, umpac said:

Am I understanding the translarion of the Cathaller ability correctly? It can bounce BS tests WITH modifiers? So an archer unit gets charged and loses 16 models and bam, +16 bs test for an enemy unit in range (even worse with the mountain bravery spell)? And wouldn't that work to one-shot character and monsters that usually are safe from BS? Seems nuts.

Yup that's pretty much correct. But there's so many ways around bravery in general, you might as well bake a cake every time you pull that off in a meaningful manner :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucur said:

Yup that's pretty much correct. But there's so many ways around bravery in general, you might as well bake a cake every time you pull that off in a meaningful manner :P

Oh right, yeah if it's a normal BS test that can be dodged with 1 CP the  it's very easy to play around. Guess it depends a lot on what you are facing. Oh well 2+ to ignore BS is nice, if you can bounce some damage back it's just a bonus.

14 minutes ago, umpac said:

Am I understanding the translarion of the Cathaller ability correctly? It can bounce BS tests WITH modifiers? So an archer unit gets charged and loses 16 models and bam, +16 bs test for an enemy unit in range (even worse with the mountain bravery spell)? And wouldn't that work to one-shot character and monsters that usually are safe from BS? Seems nuts.

No. The ability states that you can only chose a unit that would have to take a BS test anyways. So Heroes and Monsters that dont normally take BS tests are immune. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, umpac said:

Oh right, yeah if it's a normal BS test that can be dodged with 1 CP the  it's very easy to play around. Guess it depends a lot on what you are facing. Oh well 2+ to ignore BS is nice, if you can bounce some damage back it's just a bonus.

Like you said, depends on who you are facing, but this combined with the "Command Abilities cost 2 CP instead of 1" spell could be good for those armies that bypass BS via Inspiring presence. 

It's one of those abilities where there's always going to be a benefit (2+ ignore battleshock), but that other half of the ability, when it goes off, is going to be sweet. 

Edited by Heijoshin

2 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

And the stonemage may get killed by the catapult of the Ossiarchs.. 😛 

To be clear though I'm not negative and I believe that the army will be mid-high tier and will be very viable. 

Theory-hammer is the lifeblood of warhammer forum talks.. 🙂 

Every party needs a pooper that's why we invited you...

nah, I'm just salty that we can't play them yet and test out all this. I don't think that the matchups with Kharadons would be that doom and gloom with Teclis, and I think there is some way to screen the squishy mage. it all depends on the matchup and the mission. Working around the lack of movement is going to be interesting, and I want to see if I can get the mountain Spirits to work, because if I read it right then 5 damage per hit is insane. 

It is a tad annoying how people are immidiately shouting down people's fun with this, and until we actually get data it just turns into a "spear" measuring contest.

Edited by Acid_Nine

11 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

nah, I'm just salty that we can't play them yet and test out all this. I don't think that the matchups with Kharadons would be that doom and gloom with Teclis, and I think there is some way to screen the squishy mage. it all depends on the matchup and the mission. Working around the lack of movement is going to be interesting, and I want to see if I can get the mountain Spirits to work, because if I read it right then 5 damage per hit is insane. 

It is a tad annoying how people are immidiately shouting down people's fun with this, and until we actually get data it just turns into a "spear" measuring contest.

Not sure about you but my spear has 3” reach. 

I actually think this army even with limited choices will have quite a few possible builds as everything seems playable. I’m not the biggest fan of Teclis (I don’t like huge point sinks in general) but still there will be lists with him that can be competitive for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I have done quite a bit of math-hammer with the units in order to see what fighting capabilities our units have. If you want I can post them here..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Lord_of_theRavenspire said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/19/lumineth-realm-lords-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-2/ New article out! Possible new wave of lumineth? :) Dunno if this has come up already or not

They don’t mean a new wave of surprise models, they just mean the rest of the army (ie Alarith, characters, bowmen etc).

52 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

I have done quite a bit of math-hammer with the units in order to see what fighting capabilities our units have. If you want I can post them here..

can ya at least wait until the model is actually out so we can have fun?

Edit Nah, ****** it go ahead, I already have moneys set aside and I dont plan on changing

Edited by Acid_Nine
less confontational / less emotional edit
  • Haha 1

Here is some math-hammer. There are two versions of the Wardens and Dawnriders, one without the power of hysh and another one with the power of hysh.

The buffed versions of the stats for Stoneguard are with the command ability of Avelanor/Spirit of the Mountain that gives them +1 attack.

Also the Dawnrider mathhamer is only when they fight a non-mounted 1 wound enemy unit and on the charge. Orherwise they are worse or worthless if they fight a mounted or with more than 2 wounds unit.

Anything you guys want to ask feel free and I'll try to help as best as I can.. 🙂 

few without buffs.jpg

few with buffs.jpg

many without buffs.jpg

many with buffs.jpg

Edited by Siegfried VII
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So then, are the hammer dudes useful? I’m possibly the only human who likes the look of them, but they seem to be a little meh? Not exactly sure on their role.

Take heart, I like the stoneguard too, and I will be using them as a baseline unit in my ymetrica force in a vanguard role standing infront of the wardens to act as a buffer with rerolling saves whilst the wardens poke over the top with 3" stabs and the dawnriders lead the flanks.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Take heart, I like the stonegaurd too, and I will be using them as a baseline unit in my ymetrica force in a vanguard role standing infront of the wardens to act as a buffer with rerolling saves whilst the wardens poke over the top with 3" stabs and the dawnriders lead the flanks.

Ah brilliant idea! I shall do the same.

12 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Here is some math-hammer. There are two versions of the Wardens and Stoneguard and Dawnriders, one without the power of hysh and another one with the power of hysh.
Also the Dawnrider mathhamer is only when they fight a non-mounted 1 wound enemy unit and on the charge. Orherwise they are worse or worthless if they fight a mounted or with more than 2 wounds unit. Anything you guys want to ask feel free and I'll try to help as best as I can.. 🙂 

I dont think Stoneguard benefits from Power of Hysh since they dont have any "Sonnenmetalwaffen"/Sun metal weapons. 
Also, what weapon did you use for them? There is one weapon option that causes 1 MW on 6 to-hit, the other doubles the damage.

14 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I dont think Stoneguard benefits from Power of Hysh since they dont have any "Sonnenmetalwaffen"/Sun metal weapons. 
Also, what weapon did you use for them? There is one weapon option that causes 1 MW on 6 to-hit, the other doubles the damage.

Yeah, as written they don't get Sunmetal Weapons, and the hammer type that has mortal wounds is only two attacks.

The Stoneguard look to be defensively oriented units that can cause some damage, vs the Wardens being a little bit defensive but mostly just uber killy.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Yeah, as written they don't get Sunmetal Weapons, and the hammer type that has mortal wounds is only two attacks.

The Stoneguard look to be defensively oriented units that can cause some damage, vs the Wardens being a little bit defensive but mostly just uber killy.

Not only that, but it seems there is two buffs they could have with the Mountain Spirits giving +1 attack and the stone mage giving an additional rend on top of everything. Combine those two and they may be even deadlier than mathed out as above. Plus I wanna see the regular mountain spirit's damage rolls, as I think he may be better with the additional wounding and rend.