Sons of Behemat Discussion ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Gareth ๐Ÿ„

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Today's community article that showcasesย Rich Dando's gargant force was excellent.ย  There are so many good, and relatively simple, gargant conversions that it really shows how creative you can get with a simple kit.ย  I'll be stealing a lot of ideas from there.ย  The Bonegrinder conversions are good also.

If you can do that much with the Aleguzzler kit and a handful of simple bits then imagine what can be done with the mega-gargant kit.

I'm so damn jealous oh his collection and definitely aim to emulate it myself. 12 Mega Gargants and 20 Aleguzzlers sounds like a good start.

1 hour ago, RonnPhan said:

Yup it is really inspiring, and DAMN 50 GARGANTS! Plus it shows that with just a bit of greenstuff and cutting one kit can turn into many poses.

I need to up my Greenstuff game.

For those interested in Aleguzzler conversions - a good source of some alternate body parts is the Hordes Trollblood range from Privateer Press.ย  The DireTrolls have different body proportions to the Aleguzzlers, but they have similarly sized torsos and feet.ย  They tend towards big bellies as well, but they have a heavily muscled physique similar to the Mega-Gargants.ย  If you wanted to make some aleguzzler sized gargants with different musculature then that is a good range to snag some bits from.ย  They also work well as conversion parts for Dankhold Troggoths & Trogboss conversions.
ย 

I figured I would mention it for anyone who is thinking of making a number of conversions for this army.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Supermunkie said:

Hey everyone,

Hope it'sย  okay to post pictures of our Gargant in this thread? This is a test scheme for my Sons of Behemat force. I'm going for a firbolg/fomorians vibe and basing to look like the Giant's Causeway. I'd love to hear what you all think!DSC_0096.JPG.1cc349b5d496e8f21fe888678b728b63.JPGDSC_0097.JPG.3a63939bf7496574e65d1a910e27d7ab.JPGDSC_0100.JPG.d4cfbb438fb7d8bcda9d5def1c9889d5.JPG

It's more than ok mate!! And that is a beautiful colour scheme and the base? Giants Causeway is such a ****** perfect basing idea mate and it looks incredible!!

9 hours ago, Supermunkie said:

Hey everyone,

Hope it'sย  okay to post pictures of our Gargant in this thread? This is a test scheme for my Sons of Behemat force. I'm going for a firbolg/fomorians vibe and basing to look like the Giant's Causeway. I'd love to hear what you all think!DSC_0096.JPG.1cc349b5d496e8f21fe888678b728b63.JPGDSC_0097.JPG.3a63939bf7496574e65d1a910e27d7ab.JPGDSC_0100.JPG.d4cfbb438fb7d8bcda9d5def1c9889d5.JPG

The Causeway idea is brilliant and also matches the Ghurish hexes that appear in the Underworlds lair set - how did you make them/how easy where they to make? Assuming that you are alright with people being inspired

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Hi guys.ย 

Do you think that the Bonegrinder Gargant will be included in the new Sons of Behemath Battletome?ย 

Do you think that they need a warscroll update or a point reduction?ย 

Forgeworld units are never included in the battletome.

ย 

Yes, I'm sure that the warscroll will be updated like the Aleguzzer warscroll too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

The Causeway idea is brilliant and also matches the Ghurish hexes that appear in the Underworlds lair set - how did you make them/how easy where they to make? Assuming that you are alright with people being inspired

Thanks! They actually are the beastgrave lair set. I've got a few that are whole but I've cut up one or two to use as extra pillars.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

It's more than ok mate!! And that is a beautiful colour scheme and the base? Giants Causeway is such a ****** perfect basing idea mate and it looks incredible!!

Thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see what the scheme looks like on the bigger giants.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Maybe they will break the gates to Sigmars Realm.ย 
I mean one is already called Gatebreaker...๐Ÿ˜„

I think it will be the Siege of Excelsis first in Ghur. Perhaps Free Cities and Lumineth against the Orruk Warclans and Sons of Behemat.

i mean if it happens, I hope it not like Wraith of the Everchosen and at least give rules to both sides of the conflict. I felt like Wraith of the Everchosen, if you didn't have a chaos god army the book was a bit useless to you outside the lore and siege rules.ย 

of course I have not be a big fan of GW's campaign books but Iย  do hope they update the rules for Stonklaw's Gutstompas allegiance and make one for Gordrakk as well as add a new City.

1 hour ago, RonnPhan said:

gargant.jpg.efe498c3152a4e680eb7cc464fe63aeb.jpg

Today's WarCom post hasย a pretty neat picture of the Warstomper here holding FIREBALL in his hand. It's really nice to see that the artworks so far have nailed the perspective of a normal human.

This. Is. BEAUTIFUL!!

So the fireball type object is definitely a Ranged attack.

Edited by KingBrodd

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This. Is. BEAUTIFUL!!

So the fireball type object is definitely a Ranged attack.

OR he caught it, which is what I thought. Did we hit it? Uh sir, uh, it uh, it caught it. Caught what? The fireball sir. Oh.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

OR he caught it, which is what I thought. Did we hit it? Uh sir, uh, it uh, it caught it. Caught what? The fireball sir. Oh.

Could be an interesting mechanic, throwing back artillery and magic. It would help mitigate one monster weakness (powerful single shot artillery) and patch up their potential magic weakness if they truly get no spell casters to counter.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

That's an amazing idea.

25 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Could be an interesting mechanic, throwing back artillery and magic. It would help mitigate one monster weakness (powerful single shot artillery) and patch up their potential magic weakness if they truly get no spell casters to counter.

This could be awesome if it's true, I also wonder if they're going to have a mechanic that makes them capable of snatching Flying units out of the sky.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That's an amazing idea.

This could be awesome if it's true, I also wonder if they're going to have a mechanic that makes them capable of snatching Flying units out of the sky.

Itโ€™s funny how many tactics become viable when artillery rounds are base balls and sky high is about shoulder height ๐Ÿ˜…

• Like 2

It does not look like a fireball or artillery projectile that he is carrying in his hand to me.ย  Look at his foot in the picture.ย  It appears that he is stepping through/on burning rubble of some sort (most likely some village or city he is plundering).ย  I am guessing that what is in his hand in the picture is just a big handful of burning ruins he has scooped up - most likely to throw at someone.ย 

I expect we will see some of these guys with ranged attacks and they will probably simply be the giants tossing items they can simply pick up.ย  The Bonegrinder already does this with the "hurled boulder" attack.ย  I always assumed that attack just represented the gargant bending over, picking up a big rock (massive boulder to us), and hurling it at his enemies.ย  I would expect any ranged attacks for Mega Gargants to be a similar idea and just them tossing random (massive) detritus they just scoop up.

It will be great if the fireball is the objective. Think about it, if a gargant move to 1' or less of an objective, he can grab it. A gargant only can have one objective at the same time.

ย 

It will be a cool and unique rule.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

It does not look like a fireball or artillery projectile that he is carrying in his hand to me.ย  Look at his foot in the picture.ย  It appears that he is stepping through/on burning rubble of some sort (most likely some village or city he is plundering).ย  I am guessing that what is in his hand in the picture is just a big handful of burning ruins he has scooped up - most likely to throw at someone.ย 

I expect we will see some of these guys with ranged attacks and they will probably simply be the giants tossing items they can simply pick up.ย  The Bonegrinder already does this with the "hurled boulder" attack.ย  I always assumed that attack just represented the gargant bending over, picking up a big rock (massive boulder to us), and hurling it at his enemies.ย  I would expect any ranged attacks for Mega Gargants to be a similar idea and just them tossing random (massive) detritus they just scoop up.

I had always assumed that the Ranged attack would simply be thrown terrain or debris. Much like the Fomoroid Crusher.

• Like 1